• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Ag screwed the pooch

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
first majestic

est earnings 11 ct

actual 2

on much higher revenue or sales,

meaning their costs exploded and they didn't manage thru it at all

pretty sure the market will be less than impressed

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
EXK, endeavor

same garbage,

est 2 ct

actual o ct

now that is stepping up when the going gets tough,

flopping like a fish on the dock

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm still looking to get more...I must be crazy!

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yeah, if they can't make money from it, how are we supposed to?

jk

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
first majestic

est earnings 11 ct

actual 2

on much higher revenue or sales,

meaning their costs exploded and they didn't manage thru it at all

pretty sure the market will be less than impressed
I've been a customer of FM since 2010. Went back on Monday to dip another toe in, most of their product is sold out.
Keith Neumeyer has publicly stated that he's not going to give their silver away. I wouldn't be surprised if he's stocking it somewhere and just selling enough to keep the lights on and miners paid.
He's smarter than most and I bet he's planned for the upcoming run...

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, but if you have held it for a year,
you are down, and they aren't paying squat,

as in they give you no reason to be a bagholder,

ie let it run then toss this pig in the trash and wait for the next one, as they give you zero reason to hold it

besides, the ukrainian hottie needs her stimmy check

ag.jpg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
EXK, endeavor

same garbage,

est 2 ct

actual o ct

Personally, I like GOLD aka Barrick Gold Corp. They raised their dividend to 10 cents and began a Performance Dividend Policy. The more Net Cash Income each quarter the better that Qu. Div. will be:
Beginning in 2022, Barrick has established a performance dividend policy that will enhance the return to shareholders when our liquidity is strong. The amount of the performance dividend on a quarterly basis will be based on the amount of net cash on Barrick’s Consolidated Balance Sheet as per the following schedule:
Performance Dividend LevelThreshold LevelQuarterly Base DividendQuarterly Performance DividendQuarterly Total Dividend
Level INet cash less than $0$0.10 per share$0.00 per share$0.10 per share
Level IINet cash greater than $0 and less than $0.5 billion$0.10 per share$0.05 per share$0.15 per share
Level IIINet cash greater than $0.5 billion and less than $1 billion$0.10 per share$0.10 per share$0.20 per share
Level IVNet cash greater than $1 billion$0.10 per share$0.15 per share$0.25 per share
Plus they have Div. Re-Investment to reduce share expense.
DYODD

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
EXK, endeavor

same garbage,

est 2 ct

actual o ct

I hopped out of the May 5 Calls on Tuesday with a 58% profit. Not big but, I'll take it.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Gold companies have had it a whole lot easier as the price has been pretty steady. Barrick's looked terrific.

Wheaton just came out with their numbers...and while not awful they ain't fantastic either. EPS miss of $.02 and revenue miss of $9.79m. That may hurt SIL a bit due to their large exposure to WPM(27.14%).

Doesn't look like investors are all that interested in punishing either WPM or AG post-market, but maybe that changes tomorrow. AG is the largest holding in SILJ at 12.85% and WPM is the largest holding in SIL so it could make things spicy.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Gold companies have had it a whole lot easier as the price has been pretty steady. Barrick's looked terrific.

Wheaton just came out with their numbers...and while not awful they ain't fantastic either. EPS miss of $.02 and revenue miss of $9.79m. That may hurt SIL a bit due to their large exposure to WPM(27.14%).

Doesn't look like investors are all that interested in punishing either WPM or AG post-market, but maybe that changes tomorrow. AG is the largest holding in SILJ at 12.85% and WPM is the largest holding in SIL so it could make things spicy.
What should be considered is most gold miners come out with some Silver.
Read today Nickel is showing off at the "launch pad".

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nobody should care what their earnings are with Silver at a Make Believe Price <$25. What will they be worth with silver at $100?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Half the people on this board are retirement age. I doubt they ever see 70 dolla bill yo silber. Im 50 and doubt ill ever see 75.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The miners generally don't play the Wall St banker games... and why should they? Their business is pretty anti-big bank. Especially a company like WPM where they look to provide funding as opposed or in addition to debt. I like them not cooking the books to make "the numbers" each month, which are just made up banker numbers anyway. EXK has been withholding metal as well so that will hurt the short-term "numbers" but a really good idea IMO.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Half the people on this board are retirement age. I doubt they ever see 70 dolla bill yo silber. Im 50 and doubt ill ever see 75.

People are gonna be absolutely just dumb founded when this powder keg blows. This is going to be a Phase Transition move. Think boiling water. You put the thing on the stove and put heat into it forever while it does nothing apparent. Finally it gets to a magic number of 212 F and all heck breaks lose. We just don't know what the magic number is now.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A 66% loss of purchasing power of the clearly dying US dollar would = $75 silver. One reason people think silver will never go up in dollar terms is because they somehow still believe in the fairy tale fiat scam.

I wonder how many producers are right now covering short positions in the futures market, so they don't get blown up by their own hedging positions as Russian production disappears from the fractional reserve scam commodity exchanges.

First Majestic, btw, does not hedge their production. They'll not be blown up if/when gold and/or silver go full nickel.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If there are any producers yet in gold and silver that hedge their production they deserve to go out of business. They were likely taken over by their bankers a long time ago.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
you can go here to get their financials:

and it does state they had about 1M coins on hand end of 20 and last year it ballooned to 10M,
they are reporting that their total inventories went from $30M to over $60M

fyi

there was a big black mark buried in it also and that was total shares out
that went from 216M to 245M shares out,
big time dilution to existing bagholders

just to give you and idea of how this works to screw the existing,
at face it appears that it is cool that they now have larger inventories in reserve to pay you eventually,
and that would be true without dilution

and in 20 they had $30M against 216M shares or about $7.20 per share of inventory held

now in 21, they had $60M against 245M shares, which now = $4.08 per share of inventory hold.

and that doesn't even address their increase in debt load on the year

they kicked you and me in the nuts with lower inventory per share, more debt, lower stock price, and diluted your ass so any future claims on earnings will be spread across more mouths to feed

and this is one of the better managed metal companies

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
you can go here to get their financials:

and it does state they had about 1M coins on hand end of 20 and last year it ballooned to 10M,
they are reporting that their total inventories went from $30M to over $60M

fyi

there was a big black mark buried in it also and that was total shares out
that went from 216M to 245M shares out,
big time dilution to existing bagholders

just to give you and idea of how this works to screw the existing,
at face it appears that it is cool that they now have larger inventories in reserve to pay you eventually,
and that would be true without dilution

and in 20 they had $30M against 216M shares or about $7.20 per share of inventory held

now in 21, they had $60M against 245M shares, which now = $4.08 per share of inventory hold.

and that doesn't even address their increase in debt load on the year

they kicked you and me in the nuts with lower inventory per share, more debt, lower stock price, and diluted your ass so any future claims on earnings will be spread across more mouths to feed

and this is one of the better managed metal companies

That is the whole point of a stock market. I don't follow Ag that close but I imagine they are looking to open a new mine and need the capital. You have to get the cash somehow if you cannot/will not grow organically. It's how this works.

It is never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket unless you are the worlds best market timer. Crypto's clearly took away a good chunk of money that would have gone towards PM's. Plus, you have stock market bubbles and tech that had a big inflow of cash and meme stocks.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Voodoo

that is the thing with these pos miners,

they are constantly eating their young,
the question becomes how and at what price do you replace it with

if you are a manufacturer, and you sell completed widgets,
your income has to be greater than your cost of inputs, or you go bye bye

the same applies here, they have to replace their used inventory/dirt just as a widget maker needs to replace steel or plastic parts,

and using share capital to do so is pure bs, as the revenue to do so should be coming from ongoing operations

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Voodoo

that is the thing with these pos miners,

they are constantly eating their young,
the question becomes how and at what price do you replace it with

if you are a manufacturer, and you sell completed widgets,
your income has to be greater than your cost of inputs, or you go bye bye

the same applies here, they have to replace their used inventory/dirt just as a widget maker needs to replace steel or plastic parts,

and using share capital to do so is pure bs, as the revenue to do so should be coming from ongoing operations

That happens when your market is completely fake / broken. Many silver miners are long gone because you really can't make money from ongoing operations unless you had some miracle high grade mine and those are mostly long gone.

That was a nice bullish engulfing candle today and I bought a couple ITM options.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That happens when your market is completely fake / broken. Many silver miners are long gone because you really can't make money from ongoing operations unless you had some miracle high grade mine and those are mostly long gone.

That was a nice bullish engulfing candle today and I bought a couple ITM options.
I am in one junior miner the rest of my mining is in BARRICK (GOLD). The big boys are who buy up the Jrs. and Specs. Most of the bigs are circumventing COMEX making long term contracts for set amount of Ag ( some do gold contracts too) with the big manufacturers like SONY, and SAMSUNG. A win/win scheme and COMEX/JPM are out of the picture.
Barrick has just went to progressive dividends with a basic Div or 10cent per QU, and every QU that beats projections more is added to the dividend.
Next Qu. will have this scheme in play.
IF interested DYODD.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
People are gonna be absolutely just dumb founded when this powder keg blows. This is going to be a Phase Transition move. Think boiling water. You put the thing on the stove and put heat into it forever while it does nothing apparent. Finally it gets to a magic number of 212 F and all heck breaks lose. We just don't know what the magic number is now.
The magic number is --.--

When the system collapses, and no one knows anything about the dollar...because all at once, the world comes to the understanding that there's nothing to the dollar, not even honest people in the government that controls it.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
For fucks sake, silver is not rare. There is shitloads of it all over the place. I watch mine explorers on youtube and they constantly go into old silver mines and the walls are full of silver ore. The miners just walked away from them because it wasn't and still isn't worth mining.

I have yet to see any of these guy go into a mine that still has Gold all over the place. THAT never happens.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
For fucks sake, silver is not rare. There is shitloads of it all over the place. I watch mine explorers on youtube and they constantly go into old silver mines and the walls are full of silver ore. The miners just walked away from them because it wasn't and still isn't worth mining.

I have yet to see any of these guy go into a mine that still has Gold all over the place. THAT never happens.

Speaking truth to power.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is that, unlike gold, silver is actually useful...for a whole lot of stuff aside from simple investment demand(including jewelry). Once one takes 50% of the silver mine supply and deletes it from the investment equation then the ratio of mined silver to mined gold, which is currently 7.81:1 in nominal terms falls to roughly 3.9:1. Yet an ounce of paper gold costs 77.53x as much as an ounce of paper silver.

As a result it's fair to say that gold is hideously overpriced relative to silver, and the same is true of the gold to platinum ratio. While the price of gold is likely to climb much higher in terms of fiat dog barf, one should expect both silver and platinum to outperform gold for some while on a percentage basis.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
All that proves is that the price of silver is too low to be worth the effort of mining. It will take a decade to get decent Ag supply online if the prices spike higher to make it economical again.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Which is why pure play silver miners are an endangered species. The ones that haven't been absorbed or gone tits up, have bought up gold mines to keep afloat. ...like the subject of this thread.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Thing is that, unlike gold, silver is actually useful...for a whole lot of stuff aside from simple investment demand(including jewelry). Once one takes 50% of the silver mine supply and deletes it from the investment equation then the ratio of mined silver to mined gold, which is currently 7.81:1 in nominal terms falls to roughly 3.9:1. Yet an ounce of paper gold costs 77.53x as much as an ounce of paper silver.

As a result it's fair to say that gold is hideously overpriced relative to silver, and the same is true of the gold to platinum ratio. While the price of gold is likely to climb much higher in terms of fiat dog barf, one should expect both silver and platinum to outperform gold for some while on a percentage basis.
The key in my mind is to have both physically in your possession when the dollar goes kaput, which is why I buy on the way up AND on the way down to continue building inventory!

IMHO how each is relatively valued today will be irrelevant once the music stops. I'm guessing that, at that point metals go back to pre 1913 value relationships. Not sure where platinum and Palladium fit in that mix as I'm sure sure either one of those metals was ever used as currency in those days

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. Physical metal in hand and option contracts on the producers...which are absolutely surging today.

1647532652198.png

Nearly 100% commodity producers...and the underlying commodities, while up a bit aren't up that much today. Uranium, silver, gold, and PGM producers are knocking it out of the park today. There's AG, the subject of this thread, up nearly 7%...with silver up a relatively tame $0.37(+1.48%). These producers have a LONG way to run to catch up to the ridiculously overvalued broader equity markets.

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
I've been a customer of FM since 2010. Went back on Monday to dip another toe in, most of their product is sold out.
Keith Neumeyer has publicly stated that he's not going to give their silver away. I wouldn't be surprised if he's stocking it somewhere and just selling enough to keep the lights on and miners paid.
He's smarter than most and I bet he's planned for the upcoming run...
PSA:
Just a heads up that FM has a limited amount of 1/2 oz rounds. I've been buying from them since 2010 and quite like their products.
One of the cheapest ways to stack smaller denomination rounds relatively cheaply. Cheers!