• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Aircraft carrier sent to Middle East after indications Iran planned attack on US forces

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
We have no right to tell anyone Iran or any other nation who they can and cannot sell their oil to. We should pull our fleet out and stop creating problems in the world.
We can be anywhere in international waters and if a country attacks us we will respond is all I'm saying.
I agree, we have no right to tell who can sell to who, we have no right to overthrow other governments too.
WE need a Congress change and a cleaning house in other departments...takes time and I probably won't see it my lifetime unless an invasion or civil war starts soon.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We can be anywhere in international waters and if a country attacks us we will respond is all I'm saying.
I agree, we have no right to tell who can sell to who, we have no right to overthrow other governments too.
WE need a Congress change and a cleaning house in other departments...takes time and I probably won't see it my lifetime unless an invasion or civil war starts soon.
We do have the right to say who can use our banking system though...so there is that.

And they have been chanting death to America for about 40 years or so...so theres that too...

And there is a certain logic in making our "friends" make the choice to either be our friend - or do business with a country that wants us dead...

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
We do have the right to say who can use our banking system though...so there is that.

And they have been chanting death to America for about 40 years or so...so theres that too...

And there is a certain logic in making our "friends" make the choice to either be our friend - or do business with a country that wants us dead...
But once they bend over for us, they have to stay bent over and obey us all the time...is that a deal you would want?

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
But once they bend over for us, they have to stay bent over and obey us all the time...is that a deal you would want?
They don't stay bent over for ever...ask the Shah. I'll agree, we stick our nose in too many places, but until there's a regime change in this country...the MIC needs to be fed and unleashed at times. Stupid, I know.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They don't stay bent over for ever...ask the Shah. I'll agree, we stick our nose in too many places, but until there's a regime change in this country...the MIC needs to be fed and unleashed at times. Stupid, I know.
China just called for a people's war in support of Iran. Are you prepared to see regime change in Washington when we lose the war?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Iran Crisis Is Similar to Controversial Incident That Escalated Vietnam War

Newsweek
Cristina Maza
9 hrs ago

The current escalation of tensions in the Middle East is similar to the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin resolution, which launched the United States’ full-scale participation in the Vietnam War, some analysts and experts argued Tuesday.

Speaking about the growing tensions between the U.S. and Iran, MSNBC reporter Andrea Mitchell asked former acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency John McLaughlin whether the current escalation is a modern version of "the Gulf of Tonkin."

"You know, it has that feel to it," McLaughlin responded. "If something were to happen in the Persian Gulf right now, you would have to look very carefully at it to make sure that we, either had not provoked it or that it wasn't a miscalculation that we were going to use as a springboard for a greater conflict."

After two oil tankers belonging to Saudi Arabia were damaged over the weekend near the Persian Gulf, escalating tensions with the Kingdom’s regional enemy Iran, a U.S. team examining the incident assessed that Iran or Iranian-backed proxies were responsible for the damage to the vessels.

On Monday, President Donald Trump appeared to suggest that the U.S. would be willing to launch an armed conflict with Iran if the country picks fights with U.S. allies. “If they do anything, they will suffer greatly. We’ll see what happens with Iran,” President Trump said during a press conference on Monday.

That same day, British foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt said that he was concerned the U.S. and Iran could start a conflict by "accident."

Earlier this month, Trump’s national security adviser John Bolton announced that the U.S. would deploy the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East to show “the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force."

But some analysts and experts have suggested that the incident is being used as a pretext to start a war with Iran at Bolton’s behest. Many have pointed to Bolton’s long track record of exaggerating or inventing intelligence to support his geopolitical goals.

Saudi Arabia claimed that the ships were severely damaged by the attack, but satellite imagery of the vessels viewed by the Associated Press showed no major damage. Some have said the event is similar to the Gulf of Tonkin incident, when then President Lyndon Johnson used an alleged attack on two U.S. naval destroyers in Vietnam as a pretext for escalating U.S. involvement in the ongoing Vietnam War.

The U.S. military at the time claimed that North Vietnamese forces had launched an attack on both naval destroyers using torpedoes and other weaponry. But questions later arose about whether the second boat had in fact been attacked and whether information was distorted to justify the U.S. escalation.

On Monday, Iranian Parliamentary spokesperson Behrouz Nemati blamed the weekend attacks on the oil tankers on “Israeli mischief,” suggesting that Iran’s other regional enemy Israel may have carried out the attack in order to frame Tehran and create a pretense for war.

Related Articles
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...t-escalated-vietnam-war/ar-AABmdyW?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Iran pushing for nuclear weapons and will definitely use them on Israel and America if they get them.
Thought you might find this interesting;

Report to Congress on Iran’s Nuclear Program

May 14, 2019 6:34 AM

The following is the May 10, 2019 Congressional Research Service Report, Iran’s Nuclear Program.

From the report
Iran’s nuclear program began during the 1950s. The United States has expressed concern since the mid-1970s that Tehran might develop nuclear weapons. Iran’s construction of gas centrifuge uranium enrichment facilities is currently the main source of proliferation concern. Gas centrifuges can produce both low-enriched uranium (LEU), which can be used in nuclear power reactors, and weapons-grade highly enriched uranium (HEU), which is one of the two types of fissile material used in nuclear weapons.

Is Iran Capable of Building Nuclear Weapons?
The United States has assessed that Tehran possesses the technological and industrial capacity to produce nuclear weapons. But Iran has not yet mastered all of the necessary technologies for building such weapons. Whether Iran has a viable design for a nuclear weapon is unclear. A National Intelligence Estimate made public in 2007 assessed that Tehran “halted its nuclear weapons program” in 2003. The estimate, however, also assessed that Tehran is “keeping open the option to develop nuclear weapons” and that any decision to end a nuclear weapons program is “inherently reversible.” U.S. intelligence officials have reaffirmed this judgment on several occasions.

Obtaining fissile material is widely regarded as the most difficult task in building nuclear weapons. As of January 2014, Iran had produced an amount of LEU containing up to 5% uranium-235, which, if further enriched, could theoretically have produced enough HEU for as many as eight nuclear weapons. Iran had also produced LEU containing nearly 20% uranium-235; the total amount of this LEU, if it had been in the form of uranium hexafluoride and further enriched, would have been sufficient for a nuclear weapon.. After the Joint Plan of Action, which Tehran concluded with China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States (collectively known as the “P5+1”), went into effect in January 2014, Iran either converted much of its LEU containing nearly 20% uranium-235 for use as fuel in a research reactor located in Tehran, or prepared it for that purpose. Iran has diluted the rest of that stockpile so that it contained no more than 5% uranium-235. In addition, Tehran has implemented various restrictions on, and provided the IAEA with additional information about, its nuclear program pursuant to the July 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which Tehran concluded with the P5+1.

Although Iran claims that its nuclear program is exclusively for peaceful purposes, the program has generated considerable concern that Tehran is pursuing a nuclear weapons program. The U.N. Security Council responded to Iran’s refusal to suspend work on its uranium enrichment program by adopting several resolutions that imposed sanctions on Tehran. Despite evidence that sanctions and other forms of pressure have slowed the program, Iran continued to enrich uranium, install additional centrifuges, and conduct research on new types of centrifuges. Tehran has also worked on a heavy-water reactor, which was a proliferation concern because its spent fuel would have contained plutonium—the other type of fissile material used in nuclear weapons. However, plutonium must be separated from spent fuel—a procedure called “reprocessing.” Iran has said that it will not engage in reprocessing.

Who Is Monitoring Iran’s Nuclear Program?
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) monitors Iran’s nuclear facilities and has verified that Tehran’s declared nuclear facilities and materials have not been diverted for military purposes. The agency has also verified that Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA. On the JCPOA’s Implementation Day, which took place on January 16, 2016, all of the previous Security Council resolutions’ requirements were terminated. The nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) and U.N.

Security Council Resolution 2231, which the council adopted on July 20, 2015, compose the current legal framework governing Iran’s nuclear program. Iran has continued to comply with the JCPOA and Resolution 2231. Iran and the IAEA agreed in 2007 on a work plan to clarify outstanding questions regarding Tehran’s nuclear program, most of which concerned possible Iranian procurement activities and research directly applicable to nuclear weapons development. A December 2015 report to the IAEA Board of Governors from agency Director-General Yukiya Amano contains the IAEA’s “final assessment on the resolution” of these outstanding issues.

How Soon Could Iran Produce a Nuclear Weapon?
Then-Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman explained during an October 2013 hearing of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations that Iran would need as much as one year to produce a nuclear weapon if the government decided to do so. At the time, Tehran would have needed two to three months to produce enough weapons-grade HEU for a nuclear weapon. Iran’s compliance with the JCPOA has increased that time frame to one year, according to U.S. officials. These estimates apparently assume that Iran would use its declared nuclear facilities to produce fissile material for a weapon. However, Tehran would probably use covert facilities for this purpose; Iranian efforts to produce fissile material for nuclear weapons by using its known nuclear facilities would almost certainly be detected by the IAEA.

Download the document here.

https://news.usni.org/2019/05/14/report-to-congress-on-irans-nuclear-program

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
US fails to get international support for Iran policy | DW News
DW News

Published on May 15, 2019
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is on a mission to rally support for Washington's Iran policy. So far his mission hasn't gone quite the way he'd like. Though Pompeo has been on the road for the past week, neither the EU nor Russia is backing the US strategy towards Iran.
Meanwhile, Pompeo has been reassuring Russia and the EU that Washington is not heading towards conflict with Iran. Pompeo's comments came during his first official visit to Russia, a key backer of Tehran. Iran has blamed the current crisis in the Gulf region on Washington's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal.
Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/deutsche...

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Ya that would be great if some invader came over and gave us a fresh start. Unfortunately if we are invaded by China and Russia our constitution will be gone The Chinese in fact will kill all but 10 % of us to leave as a servant force.
We're the biggest armed force in the world - that is, the American gun owner, 80/90 million armed force. We don't need a Chinese invader, or any other invader.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
As much as I would love to get all agitated and run around in dramatic circles over this I just don't have the time.

It's springtime, it's beautiful out and my motorcycle has brand new tires on it. Besides that there is Big Al's pizza on the beach to eat, and Moomer's ice cream in waffle cones to go on motorcycle rides to get. I just finished the engine work on my old truck and the next step is she is getting all new sheet metal and a paint job that will match my boat. That is going to be cool as feck!

So if Iran wants to nuke the coastal cities that's a bummer, but I doubt they can reach flyover country and bother me.

:meditation:

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
As much as I would love to get all agitated and run around in dramatic circles over this I just don't have the time.

It's springtime, it's beautiful out and my motorcycle has brand new tires on it. Besides that there is Big Al's pizza on the beach to eat, and Moomer's ice cream in waffle cones to go on motorcycle rides to get. I just finished the engine work on my old truck and the next step is she is getting all new sheet metal and a paint job that will match my boat. That is going to be cool as feck!

So if Iran wants to nuke the coastal cities that's a bummer, but I doubt they can reach flyover country and bother me.

Really great story, Irons but that isn't click bait material.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

Getting worked up over anything posted on an internet forum is idiotic.

Looking forward to the pics of the truck and boat once you're finished.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
We're the biggest armed force in the world - that is, the American gun owner, 80/90 million armed force. We don't need a Chinese invader, or any other invader.
We can't get more then 1/2 % of gun owners to get off their couches to defend gun right agains the pinkos in government, media and local agitation groups and we are to expect this army to defeat a Chinese invasion force? You jest!

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Air Force Deploys New Weapon To Deal With Iran, North Korea

By Ryan Saavedra

The United States Air Force has reportedly deployed 20 new missiles to deal with the escalating threats from North Korea and Iran that can "zap" their military electronics, thus rendering their militaries completely ineffective.

"Known as the Counter-Electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), the missiles were built by Boeing's Phantom Works for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory and tested successfully in 2012," The Daily Mail reported. "They have not been operation until now."

:rocket:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Air Force Deploys New Weapon To Deal With Iran, North Korea

By Ryan Saavedra

The United States Air Force has reportedly deployed 20 new missiles to deal with the escalating threats from North Korea and Iran that can "zap" their military electronics, thus rendering their militaries completely ineffective.

"Known as the Counter-Electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), the missiles were built by Boeing's Phantom Works for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory and tested successfully in 2012," The Daily Mail reported. "They have not been operation until now."

:rocket:
I want them to fire these off, it will be our future if/when we rebel...also, how will it tell our electronics from Israels or Irans, I think this is B.S. though.

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I want them to fire these off, it will be our future if/when we rebel...also, how will it tell our electronics from Israels or Irans, I think this is B.S. though.
How would I know..... I'm no rocket scientist :rotf: Maybe it detects camel hair.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
This stuff is a bit dated so who knows...……….

Counter-electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-electronics_High_Power_Microwave_Advanced_Missile_Project

Making sense of CHAMP, the silver bullet miracle missile that isn’t
https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic...-the-silver-bullet-miracle-missile-that-isnt/

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Funny thing here is the leftists and neocons want war with Iran and cooler heads do not. Explains a lot who controls the neocons, don't it?
Of all the things President Trump has accomplished exposing the uniparty republican traitors is one of the most significant.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
China just called for a people's war in support of Iran. Are you prepared to see regime change in Washington when we lose the war?
You do realize:
It is China's Media that is calling for a 'peoples war'
I haven't yet found a quote of war coming from the lips of their dear leader

and soon we have more mush

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
You do realize:
It is China's Media that is calling for a 'peoples war'
I haven't yet found a quote of war coming from the lips of their dear leader

and soon we have more mush
When the Chinese leaders speak softly, its thru their media, the media is controlled by the government...this way they can back away from it if they choose.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When the Chinese leaders speak softly, its thru their media, the media is controlled by the government...this way they can back away from it if they choose.
Our media is controlled by Bolsheviks Zionists who do not represent the current leader in DC and who are, in fact, bitter enemies of said leader!

Bottom line, the press no longer reports the news, they constantly strive to create and control the news

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
As Iran girds for possible war with the United States, President Trump may turn out to be the best friend it has.

Despite the saber-rattling of senior aides and Trump’s own tweets, when push has come to shove over the past two years, the president has repeatedly backed away from the threatened use of military force.

Whether the target has been North Korea, with which warnings of “fire and fury” have become little more than an exchange of “beautiful” letters between Trump and Kim Jong Un, or Venezuela, where the threat of “all options” has failed to upset the status quo, the president has blinked. With Iran, the dispatch of a U.S. aircraft carrier and a bomber task force, as well as reported plans to deploy 120,000 troops, were quickly followed by Trump’s insistence that he only wants to talk to Iranian leaders.

Trump has said that there is no inconsistency in his administration’s messaging but that the image of incoherence can be useful. “At least Iran doesn’t know what to think, which at this point may very well be a good thing!” he tweeted Friday.

But as he moves more deeply into the second half of his term with major foreign policy issues unresolved, Trump’s credibility has suffered, and his options have narrowed.

“If you make threats and then people decide you aren’t going to follow through, if you’re looking for the reaction and you stop getting the reaction, the options are either to make larger threats or to stop going down that road at all,” said Jon B. Alterman, Middle East Program director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

“Credibility is a hard thing for a president to maintain,” Alterman said.

Iran, which has said that it doesn’t want war but is ready for it, has responded with its own taunts and bellicose rhetoric.

“With the B Team doing one thing & @realDonaldTrump saying another thing, it is apparently the U.S. that ‘doesn’t know what to think,’ ” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted Friday in response to Trump. Zarif frequently refers to White House national security adviser John Bolton as the head of the “B team,” or simply, “the Moustache.”

“We in Iran have actually known what to think for millennia — and about the U.S., since 1953. At this point, that is certainly ‘a good thing!’ ” Zarif wrote. In 1953, the CIA orchestrated the overthrow of an elected leftist government in Tehran, bolstering the U.S.-backed monarchy that itself was ousted in 1979 by Iran’s current clerical rulers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...989555e7766_story.html?utm_term=.2162eadb5ff6
————————

Is trump gonna let the b team drag us into yet another war?

Iran isn’t Iraq or Libya.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
As Iran girds for possible war with the United States, President Trump may turn out to be the best friend it has.

Despite the saber-rattling of senior aides and Trump’s own tweets, when push has come to shove over the past two years, the president has repeatedly backed away from the threatened use of military force.

Whether the target has been North Korea, with which warnings of “fire and fury” have become little more than an exchange of “beautiful” letters between Trump and Kim Jong Un, or Venezuela, where the threat of “all options” has failed to upset the status quo, the president has blinked. With Iran, the dispatch of a U.S. aircraft carrier and a bomber task force, as well as reported plans to deploy 120,000 troops, were quickly followed by Trump’s insistence that he only wants to talk to Iranian leaders.

Trump has said that there is no inconsistency in his administration’s messaging but that the image of incoherence can be useful. “At least Iran doesn’t know what to think, which at this point may very well be a good thing!” he tweeted Friday.

But as he moves more deeply into the second half of his term with major foreign policy issues unresolved, Trump’s credibility has suffered, and his options have narrowed.

“If you make threats and then people decide you aren’t going to follow through, if you’re looking for the reaction and you stop getting the reaction, the options are either to make larger threats or to stop going down that road at all,” said Jon B. Alterman, Middle East Program director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

“Credibility is a hard thing for a president to maintain,” Alterman said.

Iran, which has said that it doesn’t want war but is ready for it, has responded with its own taunts and bellicose rhetoric.

“With the B Team doing one thing & @realDonaldTrump saying another thing, it is apparently the U.S. that ‘doesn’t know what to think,’ ” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted Friday in response to Trump. Zarif frequently refers to White House national security adviser John Bolton as the head of the “B team,” or simply, “the Moustache.”

“We in Iran have actually known what to think for millennia — and about the U.S., since 1953. At this point, that is certainly ‘a good thing!’ ” Zarif wrote. In 1953, the CIA orchestrated the overthrow of an elected leftist government in Tehran, bolstering the U.S.-backed monarchy that itself was ousted in 1979 by Iran’s current clerical rulers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...989555e7766_story.html?utm_term=.2162eadb5ff6
————————

Is trump gonna let the b team drag us into yet another war?

Iran isn’t Iraq or Libya.
Cute article but mostly off the mark. Ask ISIS if Trump fails to follow through and North Korea IMO did not need a war to win over, it just needed the political forces that needed it to be a rouge state removed. The cee eye aye and groups like it used NK as a base to launder money and set up OP's. Sending our troops into Venezuela would have been a retarded neocon dream so it didn't happen. The leftists would have loved it.

A list of actual President Trump failures would be nice to see but so far the state run media hasn't bothered to print one.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
ISIS is Israel. Can you imagine a Moslem terrorist organization that would refuse to attack Israel or Jews, I can't.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Cute article but mostly off the mark. Ask ISIS if Trump fails to follow through and North Korea IMO did not need a war to win over, it just needed the political forces that needed it to be a rouge state removed. The cee eye aye and groups like it used NK as a base to launder money and set up OP's. Sending our troops into Venezuela would have been a retarded neocon dream so it didn't happen. The leftists would have loved it.

A list of actual President Trump failures would be nice to see but so far the state run media hasn't bothered to print one.

ISIS does not have the arsenals that Russia and China have. No president had to worry about any serious interventions by those two nations, just recently they have becomes forces to be wary of.