• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Alabama Ohio State Lowest Championship Game TV Ratings Ever

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...-state-drew-lowest-national-championship-game

Alabama's Win over Ohio State Drew Lowest National Championship Game TV Ratings Ever

Alabama's 52-24 win over Ohio State drew an audience of 18.7 million TV viewers, the lowest for any national championship game since the national championship game began with the Bowl Championship Series in 1998.

Previously, the least-watched national championship game came at the end of the 2004 season, when USC blew out Oklahoma 55-19 in the final game of the season.

Monday night's lower-than-usual TV ratings likely resulted from a combination of factors. TV ratings have been down across all sports during the COVID-19 pandemic – for example, ratings for the wild card round of the NFL playoffs were down 22% this past weekend

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i wonder...
what were their 'ratings' like before TV? i'll suppose they gained a few points when TV first came along...those frisky ratings can be worrisome

poor colleges, they just don't have the money these days, like they did back in the days when they had full control of both football and gambling

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
That's what happens when a "FAKE" pandemic kills a season.

Although I will say that Alabama won their 18TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP making them the greatest college/pro football program in the history of the NCAA.

That said I know their's one guy out there with a huge smile.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
whatever the reasons, the big three sports are fading. seems basketball is getting the worst of it

i know one thing that it's not -- the stupid flu crap. yet every apologist tries to cite the flu as a reason why viewing is down.

absurdity - trying to clam that more people hunkered down at home with their tv/phones/puters = less viewers

cameo

Silver Miner
whatever the reasons, the big three sports are fading. seems basketball is getting the worst of it

i know one thing that it's not -- the stupid flu crap. yet every apologist tries to cite the flu as a reason why viewing is down.

absurdity - trying to clam that more people hunkered down at home with their tv/phones/puters = less viewers
I think what it REALLY amounts to is that people have had the chance to think, and have realized what pathetic SUCKERS professional sports have been taking Americans for !! Who really cares which team wins or loses !! What GOOD does it do you or anyone !! What do you accomplish if "your" team wins ........ WHO CARES !!

People spend THOUSANDS on season tickets to watch a tribe of APES running around with a ball and go INSANE whenever a goal is scored ,,,,,,, for WHAT !! Sports fans have taken out second mortgages on their homes ........ squandered their childrens education and futures , in order to support these knuckle-dragging MORONS run around a court or field with a ball .......... something that ANY brainless idiot could do !!

I`ve NEVER been to a game of any kind in my entire life ... and watched maybe a half dozen in the last 70 years ... and I`m sorry I wasted my time on THOSE !!

The sooner professional sports is done and gone, the better off society will be. Sports has contributed NOTHING to society, yet leeched UNTOLD BILLIONS of dollars from unsuspecting "fans" ...........

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Lock us up
Feed us BS (news & programming)
Bend the knee.

I wonder about total TV viewership... Perhaps steady on some comedy & drama series and films and Game Shows, but probably WAY DOWN on News, Opinion, Talk Shows, all Sports.

They've lost ALL CREDIBILITY.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Professional sports are still very popular and ain’t going anywhere. You slow fat white guys that got picked last in gym class will just have to find another dead horse to beat.

The weekend's most-viewed game was Sunday's 21-9 victory by the New Orleans Saints over the Chicago Bears on CBS and Nickelodeon. It averaged 30.65 million, making it CBS' most-viewed first-round game since 2014. The 2.06 million average for the kids-oriented broadcast on Nickelodeon made it the network's most-watched program among in nearly four years.

Sunday night's Cleveland Browns-Pittsburgh Steelers game on NBC averaged 26 million. The Browns' 48-37 win was the most-watched prime-time program since last year's Super Bowl.

Sunday's first game — Baltimore's 20-13 victory at Tennessee — on ESPN and ABC averaged 24.88 million.

-Miami Herald-

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Professional sports are still very popular and ain’t going anywhere. You slow fat white guys that got picked last in gym class will just have to find another dead horse to beat.

The weekend's most-viewed game was Sunday's 21-9 victory by the New Orleans Saints over the Chicago Bears on CBS and Nickelodeon. It averaged 30.65 million, making it CBS' most-viewed first-round game since 2014. The 2.06 million average for the kids-oriented broadcast on Nickelodeon made it the network's most-watched program among in nearly four years.

Sunday night's Cleveland Browns-Pittsburgh Steelers game on NBC averaged 26 million. The Browns' 48-37 win was the most-watched prime-time program since last year's Super Bowl.

Sunday's first game — Baltimore's 20-13 victory at Tennessee — on ESPN and ABC averaged 24.88 million.

-Miami Herald-
Your so respectful attitude reminds me why I'd put you on ignore, where you'll remain...

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
sports? these are athletics! it cant be a sport unless it can kill you!

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

-Miami Herald-
read that all of the pro games were down year over year too

old white guy here -- i can score on just about anybody

defense is another matter -- that shit hurts

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think there are multiple factors:
1) it's the same few teams in the playoff year after year
2) the game was broadcast on cable and with the pandemic affecting people's incomes, cutting the cord has been one thing going on
3) there are much bigger things going on in the world and football is just a sidebar

With that said, I watched and was glad to see Ohio State get their teeth kicked in. The Big 10 conference bent their own rules to let them play in the conference championship game and then changed the rules again regarding sitting out for Covid (changed the time from 21 to 17 days after the regular season was over).

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling

I take a more esoteric view of this. For the people not lost in the matrix all a lot of things are showing themselves to be fake. College in general, sports and even some religions are losing their hold on peoples life. Lets hope NASCAR goes down with the ship too. :)

Last edited:

jiikoo

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
1. 300+ lbs "athletes"

2. "students" that hardly can read.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was never big on college ball why not watch the best like the pros. Anyway lost my taste for this crap a few years back so much so that I did not know they played the championship. WTF cares? Ratings this low with people cooped up shows how far this has sunk in the minds of most people.

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was never big on college ball why not watch the best like the pros. Anyway lost my taste for this crap a few years back so much so that I did not know they played the championship. WTF cares? Ratings this low with people cooped up shows how far this has sunk in the minds of most people.
typically, college is where you'll find the best 'ball' because these guys are competing for the MONEY, in the Pros, they've each got their own personal 'wet nurse', they may play hard, but they can also coast a whole lot easier "the star can't get hurt" and i suppose they all see themselves as stars...

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
typically, college is where you'll find the best 'ball' because these guys are competing for the MONEY, in the Pros, they've each got their own personal 'wet nurse', they may play hard, but they can also coast a whole lot easier "the star can't get hurt" and i suppose they all see themselves as stars...
The pros are better more mature not 20 year old kids but I get the attraction of rooting for the laundry just not for me.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
a big day for them is reaching 3-6 percent of the population. that subpop is heavy certain demographics and irrelevant to most demos

Sport

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The issues that I see are two fold. First, you have the same 4 or 5 programs always competing for the national championship. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, other top SEC team, and Notre Dame. These programs dump massive money into their football programs and maximize those dollars. Other programs may be dumping lots of money into their football programs but they are not getting the tv deals and everything else.

The second issue is Covid is forcing all forms of entertainment to compete with each other and former fans are spending their time elsewhere. NCAA football is just not as entertaining to watch when there is only 30 people in the stands. I spent the first three quarters playing board games with my kids and listening to music instead of watching 500 commercials and three guys sitting six feet apart.

cameo

Silver Miner
The issues that I see are two fold. First, you have the same 4 or 5 programs always competing for the national championship. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, other top SEC team, and Notre Dame. These programs dump massive money into their football programs and maximize those dollars. Other programs may be dumping lots of money into their football programs but they are not getting the tv deals and everything else.

The second issue is Covid is forcing all forms of entertainment to compete with each other and former fans are spending their time elsewhere. NCAA football is just not as entertaining to watch when there is only 30 people in the stands. I spent the first three quarters playing board games with my kids and listening to music instead of watching 500 commercials and three guys sitting six feet apart.
Many Americans can only HOPE this trend will continue ……... And I can see the day coming where team owners will consider 30 people in the stands a PACKED arena or stadium .

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker

-Miami Herald-
Professional sports are great propaganda and must remain for the establishment, just ask Noam Chomsky. They will remain, but their viewers will continue to leave for greener pastures. Hopefully self improvement but I won't keep my hopes up. They will be ushered out, as social media will be ushered in. Everybody can compete for likes assuming they keep in line with the "narrative" I mean terms of use.

The 31 white and 1 middle eastern owner of the NFL "franchises" also finished last gym class but yet you still boast about their success as if you have anything to show for it. Just a bunch of drunken wasted over consumed Sundays and Mondays and Thursdays. Boy a productive bunch you are. Not hungover for hardly half the week.

Gym class has been cancelled. I think they call it trans-education now. The idea is to confuse the hell outta as many youth as possible so they don't breed and consume stuff. This will help with the stop of global warming, I mean equality or something. The talent pool for your beloved athletes is going to thin drastically over the coming years. Football is too barbaric for this coming generation of sissies anyway.

I love watching them get hurt. Tom Brady's was always my favorite but Joe Theissman's was pretty sick too. Much like watching NASCAR for the wrecks. My favorite player in history must be JaMarcus Russell who played a total of 3 games and earned tens of millions to do so. Now he can suck down as much purple drank as he wants! Also no CTE from the profession like so many others have and still to come.

Miami Herald for a source for media attention is like you telling the world your son is the greatest athlete in the world. You might believe it, but it doesn't make it so.

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker
I think there are multiple factors:
3) there are much bigger things going on in the world and football is just a sidebar

Seriously, like how do I get the fawk outta my liberally sh!thole over-populated city that looks to be in flames in the coming years if not months? Yeah, there's a lot on the average American's mind right about now. Sports will make a comeback when everything is "safe again".......might be a while just sayin'.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think what it REALLY amounts to is that people have had the chance to think, and have realized what pathetic SUCKERS professional sports have been taking Americans for !! Who really cares which team wins or loses !! What GOOD does it do you or anyone !! What do you accomplish if "your" team wins ........ WHO CARES !!

People spend THOUSANDS on season tickets to watch a tribe of APES running around with a ball and go INSANE whenever a goal is scored ,,,,,,, for WHAT !! Sports fans have taken out second mortgages on their homes ........ squandered their childrens education and futures , in order to support these knuckle-dragging MORONS run around a court or field with a ball .......... something that ANY brainless idiot could do !!

I`ve NEVER been to a game of any kind in my entire life ... and watched maybe a half dozen in the last 70 years ... and I`m sorry I wasted my time on THOSE !!

The sooner professional sports is done and gone, the better off society will be. Sports has contributed NOTHING to society, yet leeched UNTOLD BILLIONS of dollars from unsuspecting "fans" ...........
I understand and cant argue with your perspectives...
but, as soon aa you start speaking in such absolutes, it really waters down what you say and becomes wrong.

In general, & particularly around here, I've learned that you don't need to overemphasize your points to be acknowledged, understood or respected.