• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Alternatives to "traditional" CENSORED internet platforms? Free Speech Suggestions?

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
So we know that Twitter is corrupt. Redditt too. Facebook too and is now requiring users of WhatsApp to disclose personal data... Parler is getting shut down, supposedly.

Mozilla Firefox joining the censorship crowd.

So we NEED NEW PLATFORMS to MIGRATE TO, that PROMISE to RESPECT our RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH.

Personally, I need an alternative to WhatsApp - living thousands of miles from a lot of family and friends.

The "Brave" browser is installed, but only imported the "main" bookmarks from firefox, but not the "other bookmarks" lists...

Wife uses FaceBook - what else is there?

I don't use Twitter, supposedly Parler is getting shut down, what's "Gab"?

Need some techies with savvy of platforms to fill in the blanks.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
How y'all connected to the internet?
DSL?
Cable?
T1 to the phone company?

Maybe ya got yer own little setup with you and half dozen neighbors.
that last one they'll have a tougher time strangling.

All the blanks you can 'fill in' they can shut down.

sorry
BF

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM2???

Last edited:

Densus

Silver Miner
I use Gab and MeWe. Their both pretty good. Gab is an alternative to Twitter, but the layout is much better. Seems like it will be a great alternative to Facebook as well. It is also user funded.

I find a lot of news on Gab and post it here and use MeWe to chat and see ideas from my secessionist friend.

https://mewe.com

https://gab.com

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
GIM2 hasn't banned him yet, have we?

Seriously, have any of you ever seen anything like this happen with any previous administration? Has anyone ever seen this much panic from the DC cabal in their life?? Those who think we're going back to business as usual after Jan 20th are really dumb!
O.K., we can invite him in, but do we have to let his friends in?

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
What would make it easier would be to just boycott california companies

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
What would make it easier would be to just boycott california companies
Californians just got the ORDER to not go further than 120 miles from their homes today...

Think they'll keep voting for the same democrats?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Opera browser

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Think they'll keep voting for the same democrats?
Does it matter who you vote for anymore?
And the DIS-information age has begun in full force...
We could call it the mushroom age.

Wired network, house to house, limited to local neighborhood.
Wireless internet, house to house with repeaters, still open to intercept.
some sort of networking capability on ham radio also

nation wide? you got no control — click! yer turned off

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
1610231593132.png

Honestly all before social media sites what did we have? Public forums like this as our social media. GIM2 is best for our alternative social media, I like coming here because there is some sanity left. Their making it hard where conservatives have no where to run and it's best that we start to learn coding to combat these prices.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Honestly all before social media sites what did we have? Public forums like this as our social media. GIM2 is best for our alternative social media, I like coming here because there is some sanity left. Their making it hard where conservatives have no where to run and it's best that we start to learn coding to combat these prices.
GIM2 was not censored during the information age. But as censorship clamped down worldwide, so did GIM2. There is no escaping it.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The concern to me is the suspension of websites by host providers. For example Parler has there stuff on AWS, Amazon Web Services, hence the easy kill shot without even worrying about app removal.

It is funny people used to talk about running your own server and just have an offshore DNS. Sounds better every day. However if Choe Hidden team gets in they will find ways to cancel every option to run "inciting" sites using the same thought police mentality that Twatter did with government potus account.

Maybe nameless static IP addresses could be of use for those in the know and can be self hosted without requiring DNS service. Sad state.

No wonder Russia went back to typewriters.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
"OPEN SOURCE"???

Am I wrong in remembering that ONE "Tech Giant" was dedicated to providing FREEWARE to bypass the monopolies?

That would be ORACLE with their free versions of compatible MSWORD.

Or are they just as rotten as the rest?

If not, they might be able to "fill in the server gap" and do some "hosting". But though they are against monopolies, methinks that their staff are far from being "conservatives", but they might be in favor of "Truth".

Any thoughts? Because they ARE a giant Tech company... with plenty of related knowledge and capabilities.

And the demand is HUGE with the potential for HUGE REVENUES AND GROWTH.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
we walk a fine line here,

twice in the past they have shut us off, then told me to go review the 'policy' that was agreed to when setting up,

stated they don't have to notify me, they only do that out of courtesy,
this isn't new to me, and have wrote as much over the years,
yet I catch the heat for it as I am the asshole

etc.

meaning, if we are not 100% independent, and we aren't, there is always someone that can just turn you off
we are hosted on a server farm, well known and wide spread ie in the game,
as well as using cpanel and whm, again wide spread and in the game,

now you can certainly remove some layers, by putting a server in someones garage,
yet then you are still subservient to a internet connection, who's garage, cpanel, etc.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

twice in the past they have shut us off, then told me to go review the 'policy' that was agreed to when setting up,

etc.

meaning, if we are not 100% independent, and we aren't, there is always someone that can just turn you off

now you can certainly remove some layers, by putting a server in someones garage,
yet then you are still subservient to a internet connection, who's garage, cpanel, etc.
I hope that you have a backup site, because the information and PROOF in these threads is invaluable and irreplaceable.
... and an alternate provider if shut down...

Otherwise it would be a HUGE DISASTER. A HUGE LOSS OF HISTORICAL RECORDS AND KNOWLEDGE.

You'll never know how much we appreciate you and your efforts to keep this website one of the last bastions of FREE SPEECH AND COMMUNICATION.

THANKS AND HATS OFF.

If you got shut down, a good majority of us would be swimming in the ocean without a life vest...

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The Internet is relatively new - say, 3 decades. Imagine if one group or individual was able to gain control over the entire Internet.

While freedom lovers are jumping from one platform to another, and platforms are jumping from one host to another, TPTB are consolidating their control of the entire infrastructure.

What is to stop them from total control over the global transfer of information? It seems inevitable. Especially if January 20 comes and goes with no arrests.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

etc.

DNS, Cloudflare,...

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The Internet is relatively new - say, 3 decades. Imagine if one group or individual was able to gain control over the entire Internet.
Before the internet, one group had control over the mass media, as they do now. It was only inevitable they would gain control over the internet.
When you have the power to issue "money" out of thin air, you have the resources to protect your interests.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If someone would enslave us at all cost is there any price for freedom short of blood?

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If someone would enslave us at all cost is there any price for freedom short of blood?
I wouldnt be that optimistic. Labor isn't worth much nowadays. The only slaves they'll need is the very dumb, obedient ones that never question their authority.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
So I downloaded MeWe, and it only sends text messages, unless you pay over 2dollars a month to get voice and video like WhatsApp. Bummer