• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Am I the only azzhole who doesn't like dogs?

You're an azzhole!

• Yes

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Dogs...cats.....like people have their own personalities and breed characteristics......to each their own but a good disciplined trained dog can be a wonderful addition and partner to a life experience

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I had Lab's & Chessies, great hunting dogs.
I've had to put too many in the ground, can't do that anymore.
I do love friends dogs & they love me.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

That’s some kind of backwards internet lore. If your'e falling for that I’d prefer to be avoided.
That was "lore" long long long before the internet. I too don't like people that don't like dogs.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You would hate Sonoma County, CA. You go out to a restaurant and multiple people have their dogs and they're barking at each other and growling. Every beer garden or micro brewery you go to is like you're at a Petsmart. Lots of DINKs (double income no kids) out here and the Dogs are treated better than most children.

Dogs and IPA (gross, pass the hefeweizen!) is a hipsters trendy wet dream out here...

I'm not anti-dog by any means, but damn cant I have a meal in peace!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Every woman I've met lately has a damned dog and I'm honestly kinda turned off by them. The dogs, not the women.
Apparently you are still "looking."
You are missing one BIG draw. Take one of these on a walk on a nice day, on a university campus and see how much attention you get from the various females. Pick and choose from there if you're adroit enough.

Male 44.jpg

BTW, this is a Bichon Frise, they do not shed, they're hypoallergenic, and smart as shit. I raised them for seven years.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
That was "lore" long long long before the internet. I too don't like people that don't like dogs.
So you judge people based on the fact that they don’t want to pet your dogs? Pretty shallow.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Unh, had to change my vote there EOA.
You're NOT an azzhole.
(which was the question, I believe)
On the other hand, you might be the only guy on the forum that doesn't like dogs.
And that was the question I thought I was answering.

xin lỗi,
BF

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
So you judge people based on the fact that they don’t want to pet your dogs? Pretty shallow.
It keeps my circle small and full of good people. The way I like it.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Apparently you are still "looking."
You are missing one BIG draw. Take one of these on a walk on a nice day, on a university campus and see how much attention you get from the various females. Pick and choose from there if you're adroit enough.
I was telling a girl how I thought the chicks would hover around me when I was going to bring my son to the beach.
She said all that will do is make them wonder how much child support I'd be on the hook for. A puppy is the chick magnet, she told me.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't like little yappy dogs but when my last Lab died, it hurt so bad.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I don't like little yappy dogs but when my last Lab died, it hurt so bad.
See? That’s another reason. They die and leave you all sad. Mom n dad had a jack russel. After the parents pass I’m supposed to take the three of their ashes to table rock mountain for scattering.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
See? That’s another reason. They die and leave you all sad. Mom n dad had a jack russel. After the parents pass I’m supposed to take the three of their ashes to table rock mountain for scattering.
EOA, just embrace it. Dogs will give you unconditional love. A LOT of people are self serving, dogs just want you to be the person they think you are.

Yep, it sucks when they pass. Yep, it sucks when the have accidents in the house. Yep, it sucks when they chew through your $500 Italian loafers.

They will LOVE you, for being you and treating them with love right back.

rbh110

Reaction score
Dogs have too much unconditional affection/attachment to their humans. Hitler's dog probably loved him and thought he was he best master in the world. That said, I do like beagles, I grew up next to a family that bred them for rabbit hunting - they were fun to play with as a kid.

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Cuz they are family.

Woman came in the store and was telling how she had to put her dog to rest, had cancer and the dog knew it was time.
She wouldn't go to the vet because dogs smell the fear inside there...ok.

So, she found a mobile vet that comes to your house, gives a mild sedative and asks you when youre ready to make it final. I think, when the time comes, I'll do that...I had to leave for lunch and didnt want to hear that ending...started tearing up a bit..

My pooch is getting up there, 10+, walks slower, sleeps alot...it is gonna be tough...but the love and fun we've had with her far out weighs the end...love that fur face.

Last edited:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
So, she found a mobile vet that comes to your house, gives a mild sedative and asks you when youre ready to mske it final. I think, when the time comes, I'll do that...

That's what we did for the last 2 dogs; it is definitely the way to go.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Cuz they are family.

Woman came in the store and was telling how she had to put her dog to rest, had cancer and the dog knew it was time.
She wouldn't go to the vet because dogs smell the fear inside there...ok.

So, she found a mobile vet that comes to your house, gives a mild sedative and asks you when youre ready to mske it final. I think, when the time comes, I'll do that...I had to leave for lunch and didnt want to hear that ending...started tearing up a bit..

My pooch is getting up there, 10+, walks slower, sleeps alot...it is gonna be tough...but the love and fun we've had with her far out weighs the end...love that fur face.
I did some renovations for a mobile vet. He was doing the mobile routine until he got his office set up. Lot of time and money goes into a service of that kind.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not fan of little ankle biting dogs that people get to fill a companion role, I dont have that need. But to each their own and dogs are great companions. For me, I have owned dogs for security reasons. And I know that on one or more occasions they have fulfilled that roll (foot prints in the snow). Dogs are instinctively protectors around young children in THEIR pack, and have a pretty good sense for danger. We have a dog door to our back yard (aout1/2 acre fenced)
so Jesse can go outside whenever she wants. She goes outside in the middle of the night/morning at least a couple times every night for about a half hour to see whats happening in her yard. Many times I'll get up at 0400 in the morning to go to work, and she will be on the back deck watching and listening.
It's comforting to know She's home when I sometimes have to work at night. And she is part of the family. A good dog will, without question put itself between you and whatever it sees as threat.
Treat a dog right and they can be your best friend, companion and security system. And honestly, they dont ask for much.
Oh and you're not an asshole for not liking dogs.... But maybe you've never been around a great dog that was also usefull