• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes, it is "sold out" but that just means all inventory is now in the hands of the sellers that you normally buy them from. Kind of odd that a "sold out" product it is available everywhere...Bombay Hook "sold out" in a day and is still widely available at a slight premium over pre-sale Saratoga....so maybe "product has all been distributed" is more appropriate
Yep. The wording at the US Mint should be clearer. IMO there is a difference between a bullion puck being sold out at the U.S. Mint (but can be found at an authorized dealer such as APMEX) vs. a bullion puck being sold out at an Authorized dealer (cannot find them anywhere except at a higher premium from a LCS that might have bought it from an authorized dealer).

Last edited:

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
The 45,000 mintage for the Saratoga bullion ended up being the final "most likely scenario" mintage (based on my above quoted post). That just means a max mintage of 20,000 for the Saratoga "P".
Mint page showing mintage limit of 30,000 for the Saratoga "P" Puck.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mint page showing mintage limit of 30,000 for the Saratoga "P" Puck.

I am not sure why it shows max. mintage of 30,000 unless they upped the combined mintage from 65,000 (45,000 bullion + 20,000 "P") to 75,000 (45,000 bullion + 30,000 "P").

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've given up trying to figure out the Mint
Figuring out the U.S. Mint is one of the best ways to kill brain cells. The way that the U.S. Mint prices "P" pucks and how it distributes and reports bullion mintage is just how it is (whatever that is). That should clear up everything. :)

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have done something that I have not done in 7-years and that is buy something from APMEX. I guess that puck fever can do that to a person.

EDIT: I was lucky enough to see Howellzin's thread at the right time while I was at work and I was able to take advantage of locking in a low (low to me) price on 2 Saratoga ATB bullion pucks. I managed to lock in a price of $91.31 per puck. I bought 2 Saratoga pucks for a total of $182.62. I feel good about my purchase too considering that APMEX raised the price by $16.33 after I locked in my purchase during this presale.
I received my 2 Saratoga bullion pucks in the mail today. I am happy with them and I like the way they packaged them......

Attachments

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My tube of Saratoga pucks is scheduled for delivery today and, of course, I will be out most of the day...Guess I'll have to pick them up tomorrow at the USPS

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My tube of Saratoga pucks is scheduled for delivery today and, of course, I will be out most of the day...Guess I'll have to pick them up tomorrow at the USPS
Sung to the tune of 'Santa Claus is coming to town' -

'They know when you are sleeping, they know when you're away...'

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
US Mint web page. They are all gone already. This is when it really sucks living on the West Coast, I wasn't up early enough to join the fun!

I would have bought a 2nd Saratoga -P coin, if I had not remembered that these -P coins take up a lot of storage space...especially compared to a 10-coin roll of bullion coins!

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
They were available for over two hours today....after I bought my two I could still add 100 to "my bag" so they had a decent amount available.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
There's still obviously demand as very few folks go back and check once they are gone, IMO. I would have never known to go back and check for these or the coin and chronicles sets if it wasn't for GIM.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
AND....Hold the presses....I actually got an email this AM from the Mint by using the "remind me" button . 1st time it actually worked...

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
AND....Hold the presses....I actually got an email this AM from the Mint by using the "remind me" button . 1st time it actually worked...
Interesting...maybe they waited around a while to just let xxx sell out by themselves but had to initiate the email blast to get them out the door.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Me too. But it came at 5 a.m., and I didn't get up til 6:00. Doh! That, plus it went to my spam folder, and I didn't catch it in time.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Enjoy the sale guys! :usflag:

I think I'll pass on this one, as I'll probably be away from home when the coins arrive.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the TR coin will be available at a good price next year...

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just an FYI....previous 2015 bullion issues at Provident (all check prices)

Bombay..$118.28 (any quantity)
Blue Ridge $128.33 (any)
Kisatchie $148.82 (10+)...($153.83 up to 10)
Homestead $138.82 (any)

..and Saratoga $91.28 (any)......a screaming buy

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Just an FYI....previous 2015 bullion issues at Provident (all check prices)

Bombay..$118.28 (any quantity)
Blue Ridge $128.33 (any)
Kisatchie $148.82 (10+)...($153.83 up to 10)
Homestead $138.82 (any)

..and Saratoga $91.28 (any)......a screaming buy
I felt lucky to be able to get the 1st 4 2015 bullion pucks at a LCS for much lower prices back when they came out. It is basically a game of "The early bird gets the worm". In this case, gets the lowest premium during presale.

Last edited:

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Did you all see all the 2010 bullion Apmex is trying to unload on ebay? Monster boxes of 100! MintDirect rolls! $220-245 a pop. LOL. Where were those when everyone was scrambling to get sets. They have ticked me off again, 5 years later on the very same sets.

Shortstack

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower
Gold Chaser
The Shawnee National Forest pucks went on pre-sale late this morning. I purchased double my normal allotment (2 mint tubes) at 88.10 per coin. Monster box pricing because I ordered the quantity level below the MB price point. I was told (this was a phone order) that premiums would go up once the pre-sale allotment was sold out. I could have saved 20 cents per Oz had I purchased from our forum sponsor. Next time I will check...

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Anything other than silver bullion gets spotted or tarnished in South Florida. Too much humidity. I have been thinking of adding gold, but it keeps going up.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
We are talking silver bullion....
True, but someone will be making big money on premiums...either the Mint or the dealers.

If the mintage numbers are really like the 2011 coins, then premiums like the 2015 coins would be overpriced.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Rumor is 150k total (bullion & P) pucks per issue....dumb
Confirmed. Disappointing to see them jump limits up so fast, but demand is definitely on the rise. Last I read was 55,000 bullion Shawnees sold thus far. Limit for 'P' Shawnees will be 30,000.