• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Bullion puck stats:

Highest mintage was Gettysburg & Glacier at 126,700

Lowest: Hawaii, Denali, Douglas and Ozark at 20,000

Current prices using APMEX 'cuz it's easy to see them all on one page :

Highest price goes to Acadia ($341), Hawaii ($316) and El Yunque ($229)

Acadia is at 25,400. El Yunque 24,000

Hi Foxwoods Man:
Deja Vu...I was perusing the prices on some of these earlier today and then saw your post. Perhaps APMEX's inventory and prices are different today, but I found the highest prices to be a bit different from what you posted 2-3 weeks ago. Here's what I found:

Coin, Price, Mintage
Yellowstone, $344, 33,000
Acadia, $344, 25,400
Hawaii, $319, 20,000
Grand Canyon, $254, 33,000
Denali, $244, 20,000
Yosemite, $239, 33,000
Mt. Hood, $234, 33,000
El Yunque, $234, 24,000

The inaugural editions (2010's) are the picks of the pack based on this data set, in addition to the older low mintage issues. Here's the link to where I found this info...hope it works for you:
https://www.apmex.com/category/22221/atb-5-oz-silver-coins?sortby=pricedesc

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
FWIW, the above post by me came about in a roundabout way trying to find release dates for the 2018 5oz Pictured Rocks and Apostle Islands bullion pucks. These 2 sources indicate that the general circulation quarters and P pucks are to be released on February 5 & 9; and April 9 & "Spring 2018" respectively.
http://www.coinnews.net/2017/10/27/2018-america-the-beautiful-quarter-images-and-release-dates/
https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/ (change to 2018)

I'm assuming the bullion pucks will be released on or near the same dates, but IDK this for sure. Based on the pre-sales of the previous couple of issues (6-8+ weeks in advance of actually shipping from authorized purchasers), I'm surprised the Pictured Rocks bullion puck isn't already on pre-sale. Perhaps a Yew Ess Mint employee left the pre-sale memo on top of the break room fridge and they are busy banging out 2018 Eagles and Buffaloes. For the record, I don't follow this series and am no threat to you or to mintage numbers...just looking to grab a tube and a couple spares of the Pictured Rocks and Apostle Islands bullion pucks...hoping they have good investment potential based on my location in the upper Midwest. Good luck out there folks.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Pyramid: Ahhhhh...remember I said I could see them all on one page? Well that's because I didn't see a page two ..duh! Didn't catch the Jellystone.

FYI: don't have too much confidence in APMEX prices. That $344 Jellystone sold for $202.50 yesterday and $195 a week ago

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
FWIW I sold the follow ATB bullion pucks on ebay this year:

2012 Acada (Raw): Sold for $290

2012 Volcanoes (PCGS Mercanti signed MS69): Sold for $280.00

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Nice....I'm presently doing an inventory of my hoard...ATB's and ASE's...graded and raw. Getting ready for some serious culling.....

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Thanks for the low price on airtites. I bought 250 a couple years back on ebay at about 70 cents each after ebay bucks but the price is now $299 for 250. Do you all feel the need to encapsulate your rolls? I recently got some pucks in terribly scratched airtites. I ordered some polybags for mine just yesterday.

Have not been around much, but I see some of you old boys are still around.

I find that SD Bullion presale is about the best at $2.69 over spot when you buy 20. $2.99 over still is not bad when you only want 1 or 2. Seems pretty reasonable when the mint charges the resellers $2 above spot.

The math mintage is really weird, IMO. It only takes 2000 people buying 20 to corner a mintage of 40,000. I think the resellers were hoping to get $6 an ounce over and I thought at $2.69 over, maximum mintage would be reached every year. I don't buy eagles any more, except when I can get clean ones for $1.69 over.

There just does not seem to be a collector market out there like I thought there would be. Maybe down the road. In hindsight, I would have gotten more return in the stock market, but I'm fearful that Social Security checks may get affected by your assets the government can see, so I still see upside there, as well as future collector value.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Nice....I'm presently doing an inventory of my hoard...ATB's and ASE's...graded and raw. Getting ready for some serious culling.....

I sold most of my ATB's ("P"' and bullion versions). I have a few ATB "P"'s left and my last bullion puck is currently up for sale on ebay. I no longer actively collect them since I am concentrating on buying '70's silver art bars (for my collection and for my ebay side business) but I will still buy certain ATB pucks (for .999 generic premiums) to flip them on ebay (for "collector" premiums). There is one local dealer that, when he gets an ATB puck, he treats it as "just silver" and will price it for near melt. Unfortunately, he has not bought any lately.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Do you all feel the need to encapsulate your rolls?
For storage it is much easier to just keep them in the blue capped tubes BUT when selling individual pucks a capsule is probably needed.

I have the opposite issue. I usually by a tube of 10 from a dealer who includes the capsules so I have a drawer full of empty capsules. These will come into play when selling.....like when spot gets to $30 :dancing guy

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Anyway you cut it, in my mind if you are going to play with US Mint bullion silver the ATBs are a far better option than ASEs. 2c

Yep. I can attest to that because I made more net profit (profit after fees & shipping) selling ATB pucks on ebay than I did selling SAE's (1986 and 1994 years only) on ebay. Even if a person did not buy them for the sole purpose of reselling, ATB pucks have a larger variety of designs that make them more attractive than SAE's.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
For storage it is much easier to just keep them in the blue capped tubes BUT when selling individual pucks a capsule is probably needed.

I have the opposite issue. I usually by a tube of 10 from a dealer who includes the capsules so I have a drawer full of empty capsules. These will come into play when selling.....like when spot gets to $30 :dancing guy
An exit strategy...I keep forgetting but I have thought on the scenario from time to time. $30 sounds pretty good. Quickly sift through the rolls and take the half that have the most defects and ebay them? Look at APMEX buy price? Dump some eagles too? Move some to gold if the dang ratio can get to 50:1? What's everybody's plan?

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
An exit strategy...I keep forgetting but I have thought on the scenario from time to time. $30 sounds pretty good. Quickly sift through the rolls and take the half that have the most defects and ebay them? Look at APMEX buy price? Dump some eagles too? Move some to gold if the dang ratio can get to 50:1? What's everybody's plan?
What about the "Find the Bitcoin" plan? :)

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
What about the "Find the Bitcoin" plan? :)
Ha, ha. Will never live this down until I find the wallet.dat file that I can pull down the crypto. As I said before, I fear that I overwrote the file and used all the hard drive restore options and searched all the servers at the office, my 3 office desktops, my 2 personal notebooks, my 2 personal desktops, my backup drives, and countless usb flash drives.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
For me, the only exit strategy I need is for the several rolls of generic silver that I bought back in 2013, when I started collecting ATBs.

If I had only spent that money on El Yunque rolls, I think I would be a bit happier today.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
SD Bullion has a pre-sale for the next puck.."Pictured Rocks"..$100.30 + shipping..no capsules

I'll wait...won't ship 'till march so plenty of time

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
SD Bullion has a pre-sale for the next puck.."Pictured Rocks"..$100.30 + shipping..no capsules

Two month presale is really stretching it. If a company can’t beat another’s price I guess they can at least try to beat them to the punch.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member

They will keep the same price if you get 20 of them for the next 2 months, based on spot. Over spot will go up later if you buy less than 20. I will have to decide when the price of silver is where I want to buy the 100 ounces. If it's $1 less per ounce, it's only $100 difference but one does hate to start out behind. The capsules are darned near a buck in lots of 250 so you must take that into account if you feel that's important, which I do.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Bullion Exchanges also has the Pictured Rocks on pre-sale. Free shipping, no capsules, and higher premiums than SD Bullion. https://bullionexchanges.com/2018-5-oz-silver-atb-pictured-rocks-national-lakeshore

Guessing everyone else will have them on pre-sale within 1-2 weeks. Get ready to part with your cash for 8-9 weeks when you place your order to when you actually receive the pucks. I'll hold tight for now in hopes a dip in spot and better deal materializes. Good luck out there folks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
APMEX has their pre-sale of the Pictured Rocks bullion puck. Lowest price is $101 (check/wire/bitcoin price for 100 or more). $107 for a single puck purchase if paid with wire/check/BTC.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
You can get them at sdbullion for $100 and they were down to $98 last week but still $2.69 over spot. Once they get on the market, the've done $2.49 over spot if you buy 20. $7.77 shipping. I'm hoping a price drop in silver to get them for maybe $95.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Locked down 12 Pictured Rocks pucks at $98.83 apiece from SD Bullion on this mini-dip in spot. They had the lowest premium of anywhere I found, but no capsules. Tacked on their house brand 10 oz bar at spot with coupon to offset the $7.77 shipping cost, and an empty ATB monster box for a measly $13.

Not that I will ever be anywhere near filling the box, but in addition to some ATB's, I have a couple other coins in capsules with a similar diameter that should fit perfectly, like 10 oz Kooks and Magnificent Maples, in addition to 10 oz coins I don't have (Somali Elephant and Armenian Noah's Ark) and some smaller 5 oz coins I don't have that will be undersized (Mexican Libertad and Australian Lunars).

BGASC had the lowest premium I have found with capsules. They had <100 coins available earlier today, so if that's your dealer of choice with capsules, you may want to hustle.

Happy with my order, except for the fact my cash is tied up for 4-6 weeks before puck shipping...such is the game we play. Good luck out there folks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I am passing on the 2018 ATB pucks (bullion and "P" versions). However, I will still buy certain ATB pucks (for .999 generic silver premiums) but only for the purpose of reselling on ebay for collector premiums.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I will keep my sub for one P puck each and watch mintage numbers...but I will guess they will be back to boring. The Clark was (is) a definite outlier.

I will continue with a tube of each as my silver play and hope for the occasional Douglas or Ozark numbers as a perk

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
I had to jump on the Pictured Rocks at $96.98 today at SD. Since they charge flat $7.77 for shipping, they always get me to buy more for cost averaging purposes. Sneaky. They are 96.83 now. Also bought a decent quantity of random dated eagles from Provident. 1.49 over. They have always sent me pristine coins. When I see silver go down over 60 cents, I start drooling.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That SD price is the definitely best available right now for purchases of more than a couple....others aren't even close

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Apmex has special on ebay. $95.85 each when you buy 10. No shipping charges and you can use credit card. Gets it down to just under $94 each after CC cashback. Item #142676156845. Single price of $98.85 isnt bad either, comes in a capsule and no shipping charge.

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That didnt last long.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
That Moultrie puck has never gotten any respect.

I pulled the trigger on the Michigan pucks this afternoon. $96.30 at Provident with the potato peeler discount.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Excellent Pictured Rocks price....I'm still in limbo because of potential delivery issue 'cuz I may be on the road when they ship...might have to wait a bit

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The online dealers have pushed back the shipping date for the Pictured Rocks pucks back 2+ weeks. When originally on pre-sale, most were estimating mid/late-February to March 2; now they are saying 2nd to 3rd full week of March. I hope the dealer that has my cash tied up for 2+ months makes good use of it...someone has to. Misleading sales tactics or production delay by the mint? My money is on the fecking Yew Ess Mint.

:thumbs down: