• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm thinking with the recent goings on in Ha, that Volcanos puck's gonna rise in value.

So far, I have not seen that. However, the value of the Volcanoes "P" might be a different story.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Those above links are for the Volcanoes "P" coin. The bullion version will sell for much less than what those above auctions sold for. The "P" version of the Volcanoes puck has a much bigger profit margin potential than the bullion version does.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Oh yeah! Oops.

Shows you how long I've been away from the ATB scene.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Silver was about $31 oz when those P pucks were first released in 2012. With the mint premium they must have been well over $200 to purchase.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The OGP Hawaii P puck recent sales have been in the $485-570 range (note: this puck has a higher mintage than the 2017 Clark P). Sales back in March have been as high as $830

The bullion version recent sales are around $250 which is MAYBE 20 bucks higher than earlier this year

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
The OGP Hawaii P puck recent sales have been in the $485-570 range (note: this puck has a higher mintage than the 2017 Clark P). Sales back in March have been as high as $830

The bullion version recent sales are around $250 which is MAYBE 20 bucks higher than earlier this year
Them’s some crazy price differences considering the bullion version is a 20,000 puck.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A few random observations:

--MN Voyagers are shipping, but can still be ordered at pre-sale pricing at BGASC and SD Bullion...the apparent low-price favorites here; perhaps other dealers as well.
--SD Bullion has George Rogers Clark on sale for spot + $3.29 with a $7.77 flat shipping rate if anyone is interested.
--US Mint has all 3 YTD issues at 30,000 sales numbers. Hopefully they stay there. 30-35K seems to be the sweet spot...enough to go around for Joe Average while maintaining a collectible mintage and not saturating the market for these pucks IMO.
--For comparison, assuming the US Mint produces 30K of all 5 issues this year, that's 750,000 troy ounces spread between 5 products with unique designs. Last year, the US Mint produced over 18,000,000 troy ounces of SAE's at a similar premium. Clearly the better upside is with ATB's IMHO.

Good luck out there folks.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I buy these pucks as close to spot as I can. I don't give two shits what the picture on them is! But that's just me!:2 thumbs up:

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
US Mint has all 3 YTD issues at 30,000 sales numbers. Hopefully they stay there. 30-35K seems to be the sweet spot..
Yup BUT the Mint has a history of digging up the dies of the years' past issues and cranking out more....there is no safe time when you can say "This one is done...the numbers are...."

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Decent....never seen it that low. BUT you don't get to add to your collection of capsules that is getting out of control :blond:

Ok....those aren't "capsules" but I like the emoji

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've stopped buying until I see some signs of recovery. Metal are almost in free fall mode this week. I have pretty much what I wanted stacked and am in no hurry to keep adding.
We may be approaching one of the best buying opportunities in a loooong time right now.
$86.80 ....all hands man your battle stations.
What he said.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

That’s me backing the truck up to the Provident loading docks.

Cumberlands at $86.60 with the GSR almost 82-1

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So far, I have not bought any 2018 bullion version pucks and I do not plan to. I did buy two 2018 "P" pucks (Cumberland Island) but I flipped both of them for a profit.

Mintage number for the 2018 bullion pucks are as follows:

Pictured Rocks = 30,000

Apostle Islands = 30,000

Voyageurs = 30,000

Cumberland Island = 52,000

I am making a WAG here by saying that the mintage numbers for the Cumberland Island bullion puck is higher because more people were buying them since spot took a dive from $16-$17 to the $14's range.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It appears that the Frederick Douglas bullion puck is getting a slightly higher premium than the Ozark bullion puck despite the mintage being the same at 20,000 each. I would have fought that the premiums would be higher at this point but I guessed wrong.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
IMO still the best silver investment out there.

Yeah I agree. Buying the "right" one for the "right" price can yield a big return on investment when it is sold at the "right price". IMO the "P" version pucks have more ROI potential than the bullion version pucks. Mintages is one of those variables that will make a big difference in what one will sell for.

With that said, I have seen the Sand Dunes and the Arches bullion puck premiums fall on ebay. I have seen the Frederick bullion puck premiums fall on ebay as well.