• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coins

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Just completed my order of 3 Frank Church 5 oz coins.

Looking forward to a great year!
I bought one of these with ebucks in January at 117FRN's and just this week bought another this week for 105FRN's on paypal credit with 0 interest for 6 months. This most recent purchase had a lower premium than ASE's. Both included airtite capsules. Pretty cool coins!

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

shallow_explorer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
APMEX is buying 2020 Bats for $9 over, or nearly $180/coin!

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
ONE should BUY all the ATB slabbed 5 oz. MS at around $155 that they can now...

Silver will SOON bust through $30 like a MOON SHOT.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
ONE should BUY all the ATB slabbed 5 oz. MS at around $155 that they can now...

Silver will SOON bust through $30 like a MOON SHOT.

$153.50 for MS 69 DPL, that is if you are fine with the larger NGC slabs.

I don't mind sharing this...I already bought 4 at this price!

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
$153.50 for MS 69 DPL, that is if you are fine with the larger NGC slabs.

I don't mind sharing this...I already bought 4 at this price!
I heard it from a little birdie that as each group of coins sells out at $153.50 this seller will begin systematically raising prices. It is possible, however, to PM me so that I can arrange a more reasonable deal for both buyer and seller thru PayPal.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
With silver bars on APMEX for $3,400.00 ish for 100 ounce bar one has to be quick and dirty...

by the time you try to make a deal the price will go way up and the seller will do to you as many did with me and say sorry CHARLIE!

Quick & Dirty:

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I heard it from a little birdie that as each group of coins sells out at $153.50 this seller will begin systematically raising prices. It is possible, however, to PM me so that I can arrange a more reasonable deal for both buyer and seller thru PayPal.

Impressive collection!

I hope you were able to pick some up from the seller as well.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Even I am getting itchy. I am considering selling some of my bullion ATBs here, I guess they are different prices based on what they are year state etc. I bought them at near bullion generic bullion prices so I am not sure what the hell I got. Anybody think they are worth bothering myself about or should I just treat them as bullion and sink em in the lake?

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Even I am getting itchy. I am considering selling some of my bullion ATBs here, I guess they are different prices based on what they are year state etc. I bought them at near bullion generic bullion prices so I am not sure what the hell I got. Anybody think they are worth bothering myself about or should I just treat them as bullion and sink em in the lake?
I bought some of the ATB pucks from Tom D for $150 each when spot was around $24. I was willing to pay a premium for some of the issues. Anyone can feel free to PM me for an offer.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I bought some of the ATB pucks from Tom D for $150 each when spot was around $24. I was willing to pay a premium for some of the issues. Anyone can feel free to PM me for an offer.

To be clear, I can send you a list of what I may want to sell and you will send me an offer for you to buy from me? I am stupid and engrish is my second language so I am easily confused. Thank you sir.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Skipping the 2 atbs after the bats was the wrong move. Ah, well, I loaded up to a degree on $80 atb's. If I had known, I would have taken the additional price break at 100 per issue. Dr. Emmit Brown, PM me.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
To be clear, I can send you a list of what I may want to sell and you will send me an offer for you to buy from me? I am stupid and engrish is my second language so I am easily confused. Thank you sir.
Sorry for any lack of clarity. Please PM me with a list and I can offer.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The MS 69 DPL pucks priced at $153.50 are gone now (except for the ones sold in auctions to lucky bidders).

I ordered the following pucks:

2017 Ellis Island NGC MS 69 DPL, $153.50
2018 Pictured Rocks NGC MS 69 DPL, $153.50
2018 Voyageurs NGC MS 69 DPL, $153.50
2018 Apostle Islands NGC MS 69 DPL, $153.50
2016 Fort Moultrie NGC MS 69 DPL, $153.50
2018 Cumberland Island NGC MS 69 PL, $153.50
2019 River of No Return NGC MS 69 PL, $163.50
2018-P Block Island NGC SP 70, $189.99 + 9.95 shipping

All were purchased when silver was $25 or higher (except for the 1st one, when silver was near $22.75, but I got the 5% eBay bucks bonus).

The 2019 River of No Return puck was bought when silver was near $28.25, making up for the higher price tag.

The 2018-P Block Island puck was bought today, with silver around $29, and also with the 5% eBay bucks bonus. I could have instead bought an SP 69 puck for $169.50 + free shipping, but I took the discretion of paying a little more for the higher quality coin.

Unless I am met with equally good fortune again, this will probably conclude my ATB purchases for a while.

Last edited:

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If it weren't for the limited capacity of my mailbox, I probably would have bought 2 pucks at a time, instead of one (those NGC slabs are huge)!

Besides, I need to save some cash to pay for my home mortgage refinance (the rates are historically low now). It is no coincidence that mortgage rates are low at the same time gold and silver are high!

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
WE have the start of the first $100.00 different up and down days in gold. Silver will follow in around $2.00 days.

Buy the dips...

The govy wrote lomg ago to scare the people make the gold price have big changes.

James Sinclair wrote 20 years ago that someday gold will have $100 swings daily...

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Back in Feb and Mar 2013, I made the fateful decision to buy several rolls of generic and Canadian silver at the price of $30 per ounce.

In the years following the steep decline in silver price that happened in Mar 2013, I regretted my decision to buy generic silver instead of 2012 El Yunque pucks, which had the good fortune of having a high collector premium (perhaps enough to cancel the drop in silver).

Over the years, I bought many ATB pucks at lower prices, including multiples of the 2014 Smoky Mountains, the 2015 Saratoga, the 2017 Effigy Mounds, and the 2017 Frederick Douglass pucks, along with other single pucks of different varieties. I had the good fortune of being able to buy the Saratoga and Effigy Mounds pucks at $100 each.

Last weekend, I calculated the average cost of all my silver bullion purchases over the years, and it came to about $26 per ounce ($23 in silver cost and $3 in premium). Right now, silver is at $28.39 per ounce, but premiums are very high, at $4 per ounce, and ATB puck premiums are even higher. Taking both silver and premium into consideration, my average cost is $6 below today's cost of $32 per ounce. I no longer regret having bought generic silver back in 2013.

I count myself lucky for not buying too much silver during the months before the 2013 crash, as those who bought the bulk of their stack in 2011 and 2012 probably fared much worse than I did. The 2017 Effigy Mounds pucks are known as being among the most unattractive pucks, but they came at a time when silver was priced very low, and I am glad that I got them.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Back in Feb and Mar 2013, I made the fateful decision to buy several rolls of generic and Canadian silver at the price of $30 per ounce.

In the years following the steep decline in silver price that happened in Mar 2013, I regretted my decision to buy generic silver instead of 2012 El Yunque pucks, which had the good fortune of having a high collector premium (perhaps enough to cancel the drop in silver).

Over the years, I bought many ATB pucks at lower prices, including multiples of the 2014 Smoky Mountains, the 2015 Saratoga, the 2017 Effigy Mounds, and the 2017 Frederick Douglass pucks, along with other single pucks of different varieties. I had the good fortune of being able to buy the Saratoga and Effigy Mounds pucks at $100 each.

Last weekend, I calculated the average cost of all my silver bullion purchases over the years, and it came to about $26 per ounce ($23 in silver cost and $3 in premium). Right now, silver is at $28.39 per ounce, but premiums are very high, at $4 per ounce, and ATB puck premiums are even higher. Taking both silver and premium into consideration, my average cost is $6 below today's cost of $32 per ounce. I no longer regret having bought generic silver back in 2013.

I count myself lucky for not buying too much silver during the months before the 2013 crash, as those who bought the bulk of their stack in 2011 and 2012 probably fared much worse than I did. The 2017 Effigy Mounds pucks are known as being among the most unattractive pucks, but they came at a time when silver was priced very low, and I am glad that I got them.

Never count in dollars - as they can EASILY go down half in value in a few weeks.

Always count in OUNCES...

I.E. spreadsheet

Starter has so many ounces of _____ gold in these baskets

has so many ounces of _______ silver in these baskets

has so many ounces of ______ platinum in these baskets

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Re: "After" 2021
Anyone have any ideas what -- or if -- there will be a 5 oz coin (or coin program) released after the ATB program ends next year? I had seen some information regarding quarters...but I had not seen anything regarding our pucks. Anybody know? Just curious. Thanks in advance...

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Re: "After" 2021
Anyone have any ideas what -- or if -- there will be a 5 oz coin (or coin program) released after the ATB program ends next year? I had seen some information regarding quarters...but I had not seen anything regarding our pucks. Anybody know? Just curious. Thanks in advance...

Never know for sure - BUT they sure as hell spent a LOT of money on those super big 5 oz. coining machines - did they not?

Can not see them making 105 ATB SP & MS and throwing them away.

Gold is softer I wonder if they would make them in gold? Gold is heavier so they may be 5 1/2 ounces at say, $2,500 an ounce soon, so around $13,750.00 plus mint premium of say, $1,250.00 for a nice round $15,000 per coin and then slap it for another $2,500.00 for slabbing and a 70 number... (personally I can not believer the SLABBED premiums on the new world order George Bush spouse coin.)

$17,500.00 FOR the high roller club... Just kidding kinda - we have a crazy time coming.

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Provident Metals has the final ATB bullion coin available for ordering now.

FinalATB.jpg

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
50,000 mintage on the final issue according to the US Mint:

See my post #5122 if you are a statistic geek on the ATB issues. Good luck out there folks.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Provident Metals has the final ATB bullion coin available for ordering now.

View attachment 205498
Premiums are sky high. I thought it was due to low montage, but per Pyramid’s post the mintage is average. Something is up with this market. Either silver coins are overpriced or the spot price of silver is too low. You decide.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Premiums are sky high. I thought it was due to low montage, but per Pyramid’s post the mintage is average. Something is up with this market. Either silver coins are overpriced or the spot price of silver is too low. You decide.
Yep, the cost is crazy.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
And they're gone. Their initial allotment anyway is sold out.

APMEX still has 419 available to sell for $6-$7 more each:

SDBullion has them for $185 each plus shipping with estimated shipping date 4/2

2021 Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Coin​

IRA Approved
QuantityCheck / WireBitcoinCredit / PayPal
1 - 9$185.15$187.02$192.86
10 - 19$184.15$186.01$191.82
20+$181.15$182.98$188.70

I understand this product is on pre-sale and my entire order containing this product will have the expected ship date of:
April 2, 2021

If you want one this may be the best option for ya. The premiums are much to high now for me to buy more trinkets like this but if you're still trying to play catch-up with your PM stacking grab a few while they last!

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
SDBullion has them for $185 each plus shipping with estimated shipping date 4/2

2021 Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Coin​

IRA Approved
QuantityCheck / WireBitcoinCredit / PayPal
1 - 9$185.15$187.02$192.86
10 - 19$184.15$186.01$191.82
20+$181.15$182.98$188.70

I understand this product is on pre-sale and my entire order containing this product will have the expected ship date of:
April 2, 2021

If you want one this may be the best option for ya. The premiums are much to high now for me to buy more trinkets like this but if you're still trying to play catch-up with your PM stacking grab a few while they last!
Like APMEX, they don't have many either (only 432):

SDBullionATB.jpg

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. Wonder what they will do with it now?
Please, don't encourage the people in the marketing dept. at the US Mint. They already are producing too many "collector" items.

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They likely used it to make the Apollo 5 oz coin. A guess is more commemoratives. Maybe they switch to copper if they can't source silver.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think we only bought 1 machine.

I wonder how much we paid for that press. In any event, it has done well and needs another purpose for bullion coins, not the dozens of specialty collector, way overpriced crap coins and sets the US Mint produces.

It will never happen, but my suggestion is to produce 10oz coins of the same diameter similar to the RCM Magnificent Maple, the Royal Mint's Queen's Beasts/Valiant/Coat of Arms, Perth Mint's Kooks/Lunars, African Elephants, Armenian Noah's Ark, 5oz Mexican Libertads, and many more of similar diameter.

The US Mint could use the numerous designs that were not selected for the new reverses of the SAE and GAE and not run out of designs for several years....many of those designs were as good or better than the winning designs IMHO. They can even use the same tubes and monster boxes to package them in. The US Mint can come up with a catchy product name like Grand Eagle, Heroic Eagle, Majestic Eagle, Proud Eagle or similar. I know, it will never happen and is a dumb idea on my part, but food for thought.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I have an idea.

The Mint did 5 oz versions of ATB quarters.

Maybe they can make 5 oz versions of other quarters, the first one coming to mind being the Seated Liberty quarter. How about that for a coin with a 5 oz version?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have an idea.

The Mint did 5 oz versions of ATB quarters.

Maybe they can make 5 oz versions of other quarters, the first one coming to mind being the Seated Liberty quarter. How about that for a coin with a 5 oz version?

I'd buy some of them!

I'd also buy a 5 ounce silver version of the U.S. Marshal $5 gold coin they made a few years back.

US Marshal.jpg

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I'd buy some of them!

I'd also buy a 5 ounce silver version of the U.S. Marshal $5 gold coin they made a few years back.

View attachment 205843

I remember the Marshal coins!

I bought 4 of them graded MS70 at an average price of $395 each a few years ago.

Then I gifted 1 of them to a family member and watched the other 3 go up in value.

The Mint can sure use more designs like this one.