• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

American Trucking Associations says industry is in big trouble

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Diesel is $3.00 a gallon here in Central KY.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The price of fuel for the most part gets directly factored into the shipping costs. It mostly hurts people who aren’t concerned with their mpg and the end consumer.

I get around 9 mpg often, some people get 6 lol.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What kind of discount does a fleet card net, Muj?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
97010761-2162-4952-8B28-1F7353623ECF.jpeg

That’s what I pay.
The listed price is around 2.95-3.05
but it depends on the state.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I think the mines pay about $1.50 for red. Last time I was close to that action the contracts were for the year.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Muj...do you have to make apportions to the various states you run through for taxes or is that an ancient relic that needs to be or is buried?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Muj...do you have to make apportions to the various states you run through for taxes
Yes.

I’ve got my IFTA sticker.

Simply stated, IFTA works as a "pay now or pay later" system. As commercial motor vehicles buy fuel, any fuel taxes paid are credited to that licensee's account. At the end of the fiscal quarter, the licensee completes their fuel tax report, listing all miles traveled in all participating jurisdictions and lists all gallons purchased. Then the average fuel mileage is applied to the miles traveled to determine the tax liability to each jurisdiction.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Fuel_Tax_Agreement
my company has software that helps us be more efficient with our fuel purchases in regards to fuel price and IFTA tax.

For those truly independent operators I can imagine that this would be a headache.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Simply stated, IFTA works as a "pay now or pay later" system. As commercial motor vehicles buy fuel, any fuel taxes paid are credited to that licensee's account. At the end of the fiscal quarter, the licensee completes their fuel tax report, listing all miles traveled in all participating jurisdictions and lists all gallons purchased. Then the average fuel mileage is applied to the miles traveled to determine the tax liability to each jurisdiction.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Fuel_Tax_Agreement

I believe this would add an entire 'department' to the system, the very least an employee, a work station, computer, additional coffee supplies, parking spot...additional non-productive administrative non-sense that only gets passed onto the end consumer...and to think, these business's are actually having to support an entire work station simply to report on themselves...it's just another pay-to-play system that has effectively shut down lots of 'cowboys'

Power AND Control when we're forced to report on ourselves...

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I believe this would add an entire 'department' to the system, the very least an employee, a work station, computer, additional coffee supplies, parking spot...additional non-productive administrative non-sense that only gets passed onto the end consumer...and to think, these business's are actually having to support an entire work station simply to report on themselves...it's just another pay-to-play system that has effectively shut down lots of 'cowboys'

Power AND Control when we're forced to report on ourselves...
The way it’s done makes sense to me. If we didn’t have something like this, no one would get fuel in high fuel tax states at all and we would be putting wear on their roads and no money would be going going to repair them from the people who damage it; I guess the alternative would have to be that there would be tolls everywhere.

Last edited:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The way it’s done makes sense to me. If we didn’t have something like this, no one would get fuel in high fuel tax states at all and we would be putting wear on their roads and I guess the alternative is that there would be tolls everywhere.
Fair but, there has to be a much simpler method...cost per mile would suffice...how many miles did you travel on their crappy roads that they don't spend your money on anyway?

GPS is everywhere and it could be as easy as a 'plug and play'...

To me, we are in a technological phase that is completely underutilized and specifically where the .gov is concerned

Like being in Europe and wanting to change a starter on an Italian car...it used to take a man 8 hours to change it out.
BTW, that was the engineering level in post WWII Europe, to put people back to work, but, it stuck and some of that old non-efficient methodology still exists...

It just never seems proper, for them to demand money, and they demand you track it, and they demand you fill out their forms, etc, they're not associated with their own inefficient system except at the end, where they have their hands out...

and once an audit occurs, god help your wallet if your off by 10¢