• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

And now, Nevada and New Hampshire Goldbacks coming too!

RogueBeekeeper

Reaction score
Fair enough.

I am pretty sure that just about anyone with a heat sealer, a printer, some brass foil and a little effort can closely replicate a goldback that is indistinguishable from the 'real' deal- especially if gold goes to $10,000 an ounce. And what is the scrap value of a goldback of any denomination really worth if someone tries to open it up to assay it? Then there's the question of whether or not the things are real from the factory. Don't know how many of them have already been sold but if any of them are discovered to be fakes or of less gold than the stated amounts, the project as you say would no doubt die instantly. But the promoters would have already made quite a haul. Humans can be very clever.

I'm not trying to piss in anyone's Cheerios here, just trying to keep it real.

First time I've read something like this. The Goldback has six high-tech anti-counterfeiting features on the front that can't just be photo-copied or replicated with designware. The same level of stuff used on $100 bills. The better anti-counterfeiting feature is the negative image on the back. Also, you can read the serial number on the front to the back. Gold itself has a specific luster that wouldn't be possible to copy with a copper metal either. In fact, keeping it all together would be neigh impossible. These elements combined make counterfeiting a daunting task.

It took 30 years to develop the technology to make Goldbacks. From a conversation that I had with Adam Trexler (president of Valaurum) yesterday it would take the world's leading experts in vacuum deposition about $5,000,000 and 8 years to make a realistic copy of a Goldback. It is unlikely since he knows them all.

There is much much lower hanging fruit for counterfeiting than Goldbacks. The Chinese can get $30,000 worth of equipment and make fake gold bars tomorrow. It isn't impossible that someone will try to fake one someday but it helps to be about a decade ahead of that problem.

You are absolutely right though, if any of them ever failed an assay then the whole thing would be over immediately.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect it will fall by the wayside but I ordered a 1 and 5 from ebay as more of a curiosity. I liked the old school artwork.
Recieved them yesterday. Cant say I wasn't just a wee bit disappointed. For some reason I was thinking they would be oversized but they ended up being quite a bit smaller than u.s. currency and not as cool looking as I thought.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Smaller than a US dollar.
Thanks for that info.
I was wondering about the size.
My Dad collects bill types and I thought he might like to have some.
I'll wait until I can see them in person someplace.
Reminds me of that guy that would paint/draw with colored pens his own artwork money and barter with them for things he wanted.
The Art was worth more then the item to some folks and he was able to make a deal.
Talk about making money out of nothing.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of that guy that would paint/draw with colored pens his own artwork money and barter with them for things he wanted.
The Art was worth more then the item to some folks and he was able to make a deal.
Talk about making money out of nothing.

It took time, talent and a little paper and ink. How is that any different than a job or business? It was free exchange / barter between adults.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just got a Utah 50 nice looking and strange looking at the same time.
Utah 50 1 small.jpg

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've got One of all of them on the way and some extra spending 1's. Will let you know what I think. :thumbs up 2:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got One of all of them on the way and some extra spending 1's. Will let you know what I think. :thumbs up 2:
i'm so envious right now but my wallet says I can't start another collection right now...sad yet happy...for you...ppfffftttt

:beer:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, are we now going to see items priced in fiat, credit, digital, bitcoin, ammo and goldbacks?

Fiat & Goldbacks would work without electricity.
Fiat is devalued through printing and inflation.
Goldbacks are manipulated through the crimex.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, are we now going to see items priced in fiat, credit, digital, bitcoin, ammo and goldbacks?

anyone think NCR can't keep up with the software?

but, idk if they can efficiently make that cash drawer any larger, it's not large enough, right now, to accommodate those dollar coins

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Well we are preparring for a currency reset. But no one knows what will be the best option in the post dollar world. Spreading my money around to have options. And a lot of these transactions will be small private transactions. I dont think these will be permanent on the other side. We just need something to bridge the gap.