• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Announcement: GIM for the next year.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It doesn’t feel like 100 active members to me

I agree this looks more like 30 x $100

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Active membership and supporting members are two different things. You may be onto something Ensoniq.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Active membership and supporting members are two different things. You may be onto something Ensoniq.
I’m thinking we should have a pledge thread or maybe a blind poll so we can see where we are (either in g team or cigar room)

I’m grateful for the forum and don’t want to spend March hoping enough of our membership base stepped up

I do appreciate that Scorpio is giving us a chance. It’s no secret patience wears thin

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
I’m thinking we should have a pledge thread or maybe a blind poll so we can see where we are (either in g team or cigar room)

I’m grateful for the forum and don’t want to spend March hoping enough of our membership base stepped up

I do appreciate that Scorpio is giving us a chance. It’s no secret patience wears thin
:beer:

Makes good sense.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
PM me as well. I think I have the old address.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I would be willing to contribute...anonymously. Got a solution for that?

Also...$3k to host for a year seems awful expensive. Is there a cheaper solution? Surely someone else here has a suggestion.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I was thinking about the user population here thinking about what would be a reasonable amount per person and just noticed on the home page that there is a Total: 207 (members: 12, guests: 127, robots: 68) on this site. What are the robots?
Sign me as "confused"

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

OK kids, I have a poll going now (Who wants GIM2 to survive?) in the Cigar Room so could y'all please go over there and vote? Hope I'm not upsetting any bears...

BF

Last edited:

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
If the paypal address is the same, we don't need not stinking button.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I will be donating the equivalent of 10 ounces of silver.

I’ve learned a lot from my years here.

I usually don’t give to anyone so you guys should feel special.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You guys are alright. :holding hands:

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have an old router and server that might help bunch of wiring harnesses also.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
As most of you know, we have been without a sponsor.
A replacement has not been pursued, nor will it/they.

So, here is the plan.

Come March 1, the paypal buttons will be put back on the site.
We will have a goal of $3000 to reach in donations to cover costs for 1 full year.

Any value achieved less than that goal, will shorten the period GIM remains open. This is my notification that I will no longer be responsible for covering the monthly costs to host/operate/and maintain the site.

No, the paypal link will not be put up prior. The link will remain up until the end of March only, then removed again.

For those that choose not to use paypal, I may provide an address, but don't count on it.

Thanks to all GIM members that have supported the site to date.
On the (increasingly obvious) event that the $3k goal is acheived before the end of the month, will the button be left up or will it get yanked a la vintage GIM? Forcing those pitiful few to struggle on for the next year without the prized yellow ribbon? I presume that all ribbons will be reset as the button goes active?

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
On the (increasingly obvious) event that the $3k goal is acheived before the end of the month, will the button be left up or will it get yanked a la vintage GIM? Forcing those pitiful few to struggle on for the next year without the prized yellow ribbon? I presume that all ribbons will be reset as the button goes active?
I am going to lose my gold star? Shucks.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm glad the button is going to reappear because by the last time I was ready to drop some coin here, it vanished. Will be ready for it mid March.

I say that Scorpio goes to visit the indians with anything over and above collected. Have a good time on us. I know there are many others here like Hedge and search and Irons that contribute a great deal. This place wouldn't be the same without them so if Blue Tounge wants to invite them, that's cool too.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dang I missed out donating somewhere, I don't have any plus marks but I thought I donated when needed.
I'll have to "up" my contribution.

Just as an aside, I like no site sponsor. The only thing I want from "sponsors" is cheap PMs. Nothing else.
A couple of forums I am on charge vendors to list products for sale and on sale in vendor threads.
Don't know if that is feasible here or not. Or if the bear even wants to bother with that.

I have mentioned this forum to Provident several times.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have an old router and server that might help bunch of wiring harnesses also.
I got a few stacks of 1 to 4 TB HDDs laying around.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Dang I missed out donating somewhere, I don't have any plus marks but I thought I donated when needed.
I'll have to "up" my contribution.

Just as an aside, I like no site sponsor. The only thing I want from "sponsors" is cheap PMs. Nothing else.
A couple of forums I am on charge vendors to list products for sale and on sale in vendor threads.
Don't know if that is feasible here or not. Or if the bear even wants to bother with that.

I have mentioned this forum to Provident several times.
Exactly! We should be able to be self supporting! We all have and are friends here and it would appear that most of us truly value being able to chill with our buds, have a few laughs and vent our frustrations. That's worth a few shekels to keep the doors open and the lights on, ain't it?

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I got's a Tandy 20 mb IDE Drive and controller card that cost me $300 back in the day.

Actually the sucker IS prolly worth something to a Tandy collector.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I got's a Tandy 20 mb IDE Drive and controller card that cost me $300 back in the day.

Actually the sucker IS prolly worth something to a Tandy collector.
Load one of them Sierra games to make use of the Tandy graphics....they were much better than regular EGA.