• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Announcement: GIM for the next year.

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Roger on that,
GH has been here since the beginning.
Me, 2003, March.
( My first post was in a thread with BB and Halophyte...seems like yestiddy )
Not totally speaking for GH, but both of us IMO are dedicated and able to making sure that the message of GIM is carried forward. Somehow, someway.
Scorp has resolve like no other.
GH and I , and many here, definitely have his back.
Regards to all,

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
ur awfull, just plain despicable. BUT, I am after a copper penny and that I most likely will send....66¢'s...how dare you.
If you're talking about me Mike, yes I am dethpicable! as Daffy Duck would say. As I said, my sense of humor is bone dry sometimes.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Roger on that,
Me, 2003, March.
Not totally speaking for GH, but both of us IMO are dedicated and able to making sure that the message of GIM is carried forward. Somehow, someway.
Regards to all,
To clarify... 'almost' the beginning. I was invited to one of the hotel git2gethers, but didn't have the funds at the time.

I pulled in just after the founders put the idea into motion. Maybe 3 mos later?

The good Dr V booted every one of us for no good reason, well, maybe there was, but we didn't think so.

The rest is hysterical....

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Haven't been "from the beginning". I can't even remember how I found this site. I think I was googling homestead and preps at the time. It has been years. But, I appreciate this site and those of you on it.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Haven't been "from the beginning". I can't even remember how I found this site. I think I was googling homestead and preps at the time. It has been years. But, I appreciate this site and those of you on it.
I guess I'm old. I remember when you came around. Glad all is working out for you.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Metals have been blah. As the header (is it still there?) reads there are no markets. When I first read this thread along with the opinion of metals thread, I thought maybe Scorpio was wondering if this place is worth carrying on with.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I appreciate fearless leader and distrust Moose and Squirrel.....okay enough silliness. Thanks Scorpio.

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for all your hard work and sacrifice Scorp! If it were me I would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

I am so appreciative of you keeping this going - it provides an outlet for me I can't get anywhere else. There are so many times when I think I'm the only one sane in an insane world and my cure is spending some time on GIM.
Keeping this site going has probably saved me dozens of anxiety attacks, if not worse. Not to put any pressure on you...;)

Seriously - thanks again and if you ever did decide to close the doors for you own sake and sanity I would be cool with it (in fact I think I've told you to do that several times!).

Although I've never met you in person, you are like a brother to me. :beer:

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
To clarify... 'almost' the beginning. I was invited to one of the hotel git2gethers, but didn't have the funds at the time.

I pulled in just after the founders put the idea into motion. Maybe 3 mos later?

The good Dr V booted every one of us for no good reason, well, maybe there was, but we didn't think so.

The rest is hysterical....
This is true and I remember you posting about that before.
I will say then ," almost since the beginning "...
" almost "....isn't that what they called theyoung guy in Apocalypto ? I gotta check that out.
:)

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks for all your hard work and sacrifice Scorp! If it were me I would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

I am so appreciative of you keeping this going - it provides an outlet for me I can't get anywhere else. There are so many times when I think I'm the only one sane in an insane world and my cure is spending some time on GIM.
Keeping this site going has probably saved me dozens of anxiety attacks, if not worse. Not to put any pressure on you...;)

Seriously - thanks again and if you ever did decide to close the doors for you own sake and sanity I would be cool with it (in fact I think I've told you to do that several times!).

Although I've never met you in person, you are like a brother to me. :beer:
Double triple ditto that.
( Although some of the stuff BB used to post GAVE give me anixiety attacks..."Planet X " for crying out loud...or Tsunamis taller than football fields..etc etc)

jiikoo

Seeker
Seeker
Where is the button? Already gone?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I got into the old GIM after a couple of tries - for maybe a couple of days, and then the hammer went down.
I found GIM due to research into PMs. I was like, WTF? I finally get in and the door closes!

The gift of others sharing opinions and knowledge here has been of great benefit to me I believe. Although I was "awake" long before I got here, it does help to read what others think and know, rather than the insular beliefs and knowledge tailored by my selective reading. I have trouble reading books I disagree with the basic premise of, which is not a good thing. You must understand the other side in order to know what is going on.

If we need anything here, we need more younger people, yes, even some with opposing views on some issues. PMs should be the driving point of interest, but we should at least give a listen to those who have dissenting voices on political issues. At the least, we should gain from an understanding of where others are coming from. I have noticed a tendency to shout down those who don't go with the current forum think, something I believe is not good in the long run. Rational discussion minus personal attacks, arguing facts not feelings, is great. Of course, trolling is something completely different.

I am reminded of a disagreement I had with a former helicopter pilot at a town hall. I was against US involvement in Syria, he was "kill them all". I asked him, what if the Chinese [instead of US] were in Mexico [instead of Iraq] and didn't like what was going on in Texas [substitute for Syria]. Would he be ok with Chinese troops and aircraft attacking "factions" in Texas? It took a bit, but after an hour he was on my side!

I guess I'm saying we should celebrate those things we have in common and try a bit to understand those things we don't. Persuasive arguement is the best kind. We all could better ourselves and our discussions by being a little less reactionary. Understand I include myself in all I said above.

Scorpio, thank you for keeping this wild bunch together. No other forum I have been a member of ever got the donations so fast and so easily. It proves to me that this forum is of real value to the members and the value of those members to the forum. I might add that one forum in particular I belonged to had huge numbers of active members, thousands, set a goal each month equal to your annual expense goal, yet went bust. Says a lot.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm pre-GIM1 and had zero knowledge when I first joined of what transpired back then, and even now just have a high level idea. Apparently there were some real idiots on GIM1 who have moved on to poison other forums. One thing I've learned about life, people gonna suck. Whatever transpired back then has nothing to do with me or with the friends I've made here. This is my goto place every day and I'm pleased to be able to help keep it alive and well.:2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
PMs should be the driving point of interest, but we should at least give a listen to those who have dissenting voices on political issues.
I like how the site has different sections / forums with varied subject matter (leisure activities, hobbies, stories, survival, firearms, etc.) I think they could play a big part in attracting new members. Peeps looking around online often stumble onto different sites and may not like everything the see but may find one or more threads / sections to their liking and decide to stick around.

Maybe that will be the case here and our membership will increase.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
No other forum I have been a member of ever got the donations so fast and so easily.
yes, last I looked, it was over $3800 with more still coming in the mail.

I had to take the button down as we don't need any more.

Although, one item on the agenda will be to renew the software license and update the software and db package to the newest. Hopefully to make it more usable for mobiles. That is somewhat extensive as it requires backing up the whole site prior (which is hours), then initiating so we don't lose anything and have a fall back position.

Then there were some suggestions in the site area where when I get some time, may go peruse over there to find a program (they call them add ins) for those specific items.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Wonder if theres a list of when everyone started?

Roger on that,
Me, 2003, March.
Regards to all,

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I want to say thank you to Scorp and the many other people on this site. Although I am not an old timer, I appreciate the words of wisdom and help that I have received. Especially help about one unnamed bullion broker in CA that tried to scam me and many others before the law enforcement officials shut him down some time ago. Warnings from members about bad dudes and bad sites really are appreciated. I'm also happy that my small contribution as well as that of many others enabled us to meet our goal to stay active. Best wishes and congratulations to all!

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
are you kiddin' lucka?

You are exactly why many of us are still here. Our original premise was to help others, and have a bit of fun along the way. Doesn't matter even a little how long someone has been here.

Hate to tell ya, but you are a Gim'er.........

In that same vein,

Taezzar made a suggestion to have a separate forum for all you geezers to talk war stories regarding medical issues and procedures. Great idea and done.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/important-new-forum.176533/

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
https://olygamefarm.com/
Been there a few times. Feed the Grizzly's bread from your car. Sometimes they will compete with each other for a slice. I've watched them sit on their ass, grab their toes and roll straight back, then pop up again and wave.

My contribution is in the mail.... It is great to see the members come together to support this little corner of sanity (I use that word loosely). Another thank you to Scorp for keeping the lights on. Hopefully seeing the members support will help make your efforts seem worthwhile.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
If my rememberer is workin' korwreckly, I got in on GIM just as the switch was made. It took me forever to get accepted ( I was at Crapco, got tired of their PROG DIC tatorship, and remember other members taking about leavin' there for A-meri-can pastures and some guy in the Oz.).
Anyway that is my story, I'm sticking to it, and I'm STAYIN' RIGHT HERE until my ticker stops or the lights go out whichever come first.

:2 thumbs up:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If my rememberer is workin' korwreckly, I got in on GIM just as the switch was made. It took me forever to get accepted ( I was at Crapco, got tired of their PROG DIC tatorship, and remember other members taking about leavin' there for A-meri-can pastures and some guy in the Oz.).
Anyway that is my story, I'm sticking to it, and I'm STAYIN' RIGHT HERE until my ticker stops or the lights go out whichever come first.

:2 thumbs up:
I was on GIM1, first under a different name, then under this name when I asked to have my old name and all my posts deleted. I got trolled to much, so The good admin helped me out. Then, because of the switch, at first I didn't believe it, thought it was some kinda April Fool's joke, but went ahead and reluctantly registered on April 1st when I determined that there wasn't any joke about it. The switch was not so welcome by many of the folks that were on GIM1, some went off and never did return for one reason or another.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I joined GIM2 April 6th, 2010. I had a heckuva time trying to figure out what a GIM1 was. Why was this one a GIM2? I realized pretty quickly that there was a forum, prior to the current one, that was shut down abruptly for mysterious (to me) reasons.

I will say this. I read a lot, always have. I'm fairly well informed on a lot of subjects, but this place has been an education for me and has changed my perspective on how the world works, who works it and why. I believe I am much more aware of the whole power structure of the entire planet and my place in it. I am much more aware of the relationship between those who struggle for power and control and those who oppose the power elite, fighting for liberty. They say ignorance is bliss. I know what they mean. Once you swallow the red pill and understand how "the matrix" is all around you and how thoroughly constructed it is, it becomes disheartening, to a degree. There are times I wish I had just taken the blue pill and stayed asleep. I'm glad I didn't, though.

I have always prided myself on the idea of loving The Truth at all costs, even if it's a painful and frightening truth. Here on this forum, I think most, if not all of the members here are dedicated to finding that truth and fighting for it, even though there is argument sometimes concerning the fine details. I get irritated on occasion, but it's a process of refining my understanding of reality on the big picture. It's what I'm here for, ultimately. If this place did not exist, we would all be in big trouble. Where else is there to go to find a large group of like minded individuals dedicated to the principles of freedom?

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I want to say thank you to Scorp and the many other people on this site. Although I am not an old timer, I appreciate the words of wisdom and help that I have received. Especially help about one unnamed bullion broker in CA that tried to scam me and many others before the law enforcement officials shut him down some time ago. Warnings from members about bad dudes and bad sites really are appreciated. I'm also happy that my small contribution as well as that of many others enabled us to meet our goal to stay active. Best wishes and congratulations to all!
Avatar like that and you say you ain t an old timer ???
:) :) :) :) :)
I havent seen many meeelineals dressed like that !!??
Although that Lady GaGa broad might wear a barrell.
Seriously though...
You took a LOT of heat about said dealer.
And lookit what happened.
" Poof !" And he is gone and many who railed on you.
FWIW, that same dealer, he blacklisted me and would not even talk to me.
Good to see you around Lucka !!!
Don t be a stranger.
Regards,
Hystck

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I joined GIM2 April 6th, 2010. I had a heckuva time trying to figure out what a GIM1 was. Why was this one a GIM2? I realized pretty quickly that there was a forum, prior to the current one, that was shut down abruptly for mysterious (to me) reasons.

I will say this. I read a lot, always have. I'm fairly well informed on a lot of subjects, but this place has been an education for me and has changed my perspective on how the world works, who works it and why. I believe I am much more aware of the whole power structure of the entire planet and my place in it. I am much more aware of the relationship between those who struggle for power and control and those who oppose the power elite, fighting for liberty. They say ignorance is bliss. I know what they mean. Once you swallow the red pill and understand how "the matrix" is all around you and how thoroughly constructed it is, it becomes disheartening, to a degree. There are times I wish I had just taken the blue pill and stayed asleep. I'm glad I didn't, though.

I have always prided myself on the idea of loving The Truth at all costs, even if it's a painful and frightening truth. Here on this forum, I think most, if not all of the members here are dedicated to finding that truth and fighting for it, even though there is argument sometimes concerning the fine details. I get irritated on occasion, but it's a process of refining my understanding of reality on the big picture. It's what I'm here for, ultimately. If this place did not exist, we would all be in big trouble. Where else is there to go to find a large group of like minded individuals dedicated to the principles of freedom?
Jebus Krised that was well said.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Amen Brother Gloin! Amen!

I mentioned once or twice before how I came upon GIM1.

I caught the AuAg bug and had been recommended to use APMEX by the seed planter.

Buying handfull's of Oz's of generic silver from the Mex was my thing for a bit.

One shipment arrived an attractive silver round with a website listed on back. GOLDISMONEY.INFO IIRC

So I got on the gargler and did the ol' jazz hands routine and alas, GOLD FORUM MECCA.

Thanks everybody for putting up with me and learnin me lots and lots of precious knowledge. It's changed my life forever for the better!
:dancing guy