• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Any HR people on the forum who can weigh in on job loss and Vax?

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The wife went to the dr today, to seek a med exemption. The dr said you can only get a medical exemption if you have the first shot, and have a reaction, then you can be exempted from further shots.
Sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Forced to take a medical procedure to prove you can't take it? :don't know:

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Avalon I've seen you mention the PTO you're concerned about, have you considered just booking off all the time you have coming and see what happens next?

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
More to the point, it's not robotic acquiescence.

Some health obligations are good; some not. Some vaccination plans are good, some not.

Nobody's worried about the safety of the polio vaccine. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN.
FWIW I'm not 100% convinced this is true. The studies that led to its abandonment in India make interesting reading. Nevertheless - irrespective of whether any or all other vaccines are good ideas or not, it is clear that we cannot possibly have sufficient information about this one to make such a determination.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
FWIW I'm not 100% convinced this is true. The studies that led to its abandonment in India make interesting reading. Nevertheless - irrespective of whether any or all other vaccines are good ideas or not, it is clear that we cannot possibly have sufficient information about this one to make such a determination.
I don't have a problem with the polio vaccine being questioned, either.

But there's a track record THAT vaccination program has, that this does not have.

Clinical trials, for one. No huge numbers of maimed or dead, for another. No strokes or heart attacks...including some in children, we're hearing.

There was no nooze mediuh banning/blocking/deriding anyone skeptical of the vaccine. And, most telling...there was no government push to punish anyone who didn't get it. There was no bribery to get it, no de-banking, no firing people, no polio passports...NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED.

There is something in this that we are not being told. I know many people here think they know; and one of those answers is likely partly correct. I have my suspicions. But there is no transparent discussion of this, just threats, bans, orders, firings, talks of imprisoning Refusniks or letting them starve, denying them the right to buy FOOD.

Obviously this is something they want in our bodies, desperately. Equally obvious, they are confirming that it is bad, because they're making the pain of avoidance worse. They think.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1. If they want to vax little kids is it possible for them to mix it with another vaccine as a way to hide / force it on people without question?
2. Have they already been doing that as so many of our young are (by our standards) "not normal"?
3. If the jab in younger people is to control reproduction is the best time to give it just before puberty?

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
@Avalon I've seen you mention the PTO you're concerned about, have you considered just booking off all the time you have coming and see what happens next?
They changed our date Brio. It seems we have 5 extra weeks to "rethink taking the vaccine". I'm putting my notice in this weekend so I will be fine with PTO. I am starting to get spooked at all the dead radio hosts. I'm thinking unvaxxed dead healthcare workers are next. Time to get the hell out of Dodge.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1. If they want to vax little kids is it possible for them to mix it with another vaccine as a way to hide / force it on people without question?
This is exactly why my granddaughter will never be vaxxed again. Nope, nope nope.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I got a new job making 21 dollars an hour. I won't hestitate to quit if they force us to get it. The choice is like being talk take this bullet in the head or you lose your job. Who's going to get the bullet in the head?

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score

But there's a track record THAT vaccination program has, that this does not have.

Clinical trials, for one. No huge numbers of maimed or dead, for another. No strokes or heart attacks...including some in children, we're hearing.
I recognize we're off topic - and that this doesn't affect the substance of your argument with which I agree - but it appears that the polio vaccine - at least in India - did in fact create huge numbers of maimed. e.g. https://fort-russ.com/amp/2020/04/r...hip-plan-cites-gates-twisted-messiah-complex/

There was no nooze mediuh banning/blocking/deriding anyone skeptical of the vaccine. And, most telling...there was no government push to punish anyone who didn't get it. There was no bribery to get it, no de-banking, no firing people, no polio passports...NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED.
Agreed. Although there were strong encouragements to get it, bungled deliveries here in the US together with government lies about the effectiveness of the vaccine initially, denials of side effects followed by withdrawal of the first (Salk) vaccine due to those same side effects here in the US.
There is something in this that we are not being told. I know many people here think they know; and one of those answers is likely partly correct. I have my suspicions. But there is no transparent discussion of this, just threats, bans, orders, firings, talks of imprisoning Refusniks or letting them starve, denying them the right to buy FOOD.

Obviously this is something they want in our bodies, desperately. Equally obvious, they are confirming that it is bad, because they're making the pain of avoidance worse. They think.
No argument here :-).

Last edited:

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Yep. And I have no side effects....oh, I'm still alive too without polio.

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Building I’ve been taking care of is now requiring all contractors to be vaccinated starting October 4th. Got a call from the manager asking if I can send them over my card. Said sorry find someone else to take over. Good luck with that. And I won’t be helping anybody learn the building equipment.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Building I’ve been taking care of is now requiring all contractors to be vaccinated starting October 4th. Got a call from the manager asking if I can send them over my card. Said sorry find someone else to take over. Good luck with that. And I won’t be helping anybody learn the building equipment.
That's what it takes.

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Well done. We just got a letter from high school. They're not mandating the jab - but they're mandating it for participation on sports teams. It's like the giant who built a wall around his garden to stop the children playing there.

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Well done. We just got a letter from high school. They're not mandating the jab - but they're mandating it for participation on sports teams. It's like the giant who built a wall around his garden to stop the children playing there.
Im just thankful to have GIM. Without this place I would be in a different spot.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Im just thankful to have GIM. Without this place I would be in a different spot.

Yes.

It's an island of (mostly) reasonableness, in this torrent of imbecility and chaos we're in.

I have been planning a long time. How well my plans hold up, I can't know...but I have food, ability to store a month's worth of water, some backup power - basically to ease the transition to no power. I have a mobile shelter if needed; and I am shopping for land, with or without a building on it.

Had things gone down 20 years ago I would have been like the rest of the lambs being led to slaughter. Frankly, if I hadn't lost such a big amount of money in stonks in 2009, I would still be deeply invested there. Maybe running up the plastic debt, too.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I only ask because my MIL runs a retirement community. Greater than half of her black workers have refused the vaccine despite being offered cash to get it. And a number of her MAGA workers have refused it as well. I asked her recently if they are going to go mandatory vaccination and she said they weren't, because: 1. they are a faith based nonprofit. 2. "there is no way I could fire the people refusing the vaccine when I'm already short staffed and can't find anybody to hire for the positions I already have open"
I just wanted to followup on this.
The head honchos changed their mind and put in a mandate after Biden pushed it for medicare or whatever. They hit their deadline with a number of employees still refusing the vaccination. They ended up just accepting "religious exemptions" from anybody that wanted one, in order "to stay in compliance" as they could not fire anybody as nursing care is really short staffed everywhere around here. She found that "everybody else is doing the same thing."

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I just wanted to followup on this.
The head honchos changed their mind and put in a mandate after Biden pushed it for medicare or whatever. They hit their deadline with a number of employees still refusing the vaccination. They ended up just accepting "religious exemptions" from anybody that wanted one, in order "to stay in compliance" as they could not fire anybody as nursing care is really short staffed everywhere around here. She found that "everybody else is doing the same thing."
so, instead of standing up, one way or the other, they just go limp

and now is that to become the newest Style, 'Go Limp?'

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
so, instead of standing up, one way or the other, they just go limp
and now is that to become the newest Style, 'Go Limp?'
It is a retirement community/skilled nursing facility. If they can't accept medicare, they go out of business. I have no problem with them accepting religious exemptions for anybody that wants one.

You lay down with mangy mutts (govt), you get fleas. It is what it is.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
How to be free in an unfree world. Bend like a reed, use any trick.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
How to be free in an unfree world. Bend like a reed, use any trick.
Then you're not free.

You're forever living under false pretenses; afraid of being outed.

Not saying it's wrong to so do...survival is key.

But it's a hell of a way to live.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
You're forever living under false pretenses; afraid of being outed.

Wrong.

RebelYell

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Do they take religious exemptions? Virginia has the same rules but is, at least for now, taking religious exemptions.

EchelonPL

Reaction score
Thanks all for the support as I share in the covid commiseration. I feel like I am an island right now with the few others that seem impossibly far out there. I’m in the aerospace industry and my dreams and hopes of future projects are becoming dashed. I haven’t yet submitted my accommodation request and my manager already jumped the gun and said over the phone that they’ll need to start planning for contingencies (replacement and project planning). Our group is extremely swamped with work and I like to think i’m key to a lot of the work. Alas, I realize all large companies provision for these things and i’m not special. They’ll bring back the other half dozen Indian engineers and brute force the analysis.

So I am told by HR that we won’t get unemployment either. This will sting a little since I live in a VHCOL area but what what will permanently sting will be hopes of working on future programs. I don’t care about the money at all, but I’m disheartened to lose out on dreams.

Is it right to waiver against my beliefs and take the vaccine? I’m so conflicted.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks all for the support as I share in the covid commiseration. I feel like I am an island right now with the few others that seem impossibly far out there. I’m in the aerospace industry and my dreams and hopes of future projects are becoming dashed. I haven’t yet submitted my accommodation request and my manager already jumped the gun and said over the phone that they’ll need to start planning for contingencies (replacement and project planning). Our group is extremely swamped with work and I like to think i’m key to a lot of the work. Alas, I realize all large companies provision for these things and i’m not special. They’ll bring back the other half dozen Indian engineers and brute force the analysis.

So I am told by HR that we won’t get unemployment either. This will sting a little since I live in a VHCOL area but what what will permanently sting will be hopes of working on future programs. I don’t care about the money at all, but I’m disheartened to lose out on dreams.

Is it right to waiver against my beliefs and take the vaccine? I’m so conflicted.
And yet, somehow life goes on. Best wishes to you.

EchelonPL

Reaction score
Thanks for Hammerhead!

It’s been almost ten years of work with this awesome company. I feel like the manager is being held to the fire by HR.

I’m curious to know if anyone out there will be let go because they didn’t get accommodated AND because the impact of the accomodation would cause a financial harm to the company.

For perspective, I haven’t been to the office since March, 2020. Fully remote with all items (company computer/phone) to complete my job successfully. The only legal argument they will have for not allowing accommodation will be for them to prove it’s more than “de minimis” impact.

Maybe I’m overthinking but I wonder how my request to work from home will impact the bottom line?

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
but I’m disheartened to lose out on dreams.
Yea........ but did losing out on life ever cross your mind? How about your family or loved ones? No help to them if you are disabled or dead.
It's an advertising campaign...... they control all the media & they are still losing.
Would you take heroin, meth, crack, if they said you had to?
Your a engineer and logical. It's always the right time to do the right thing.
Let them hire the unjabbed Indian engineer......... it works until someone dies.

.41Dave

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

Echelon, stand firm. Don't take the shot. File for religious exemption, there are many resources on the internet to help you do it. Do not take the shot out of fear of losing a job you love. Many companies seem to be bluffing. They try to frighten as many as possible into taking the shot, but then accept exemptions for those who hold out at the last minute.

I have friends at several different companies who caved and took the shot thinking they had no other option, exemptions were being denied and they wouldn't even get unemployment. So they caved. Then as the deadline comes near, the companies blink because they can't survive if they fire all their unvaxxed employees, so suddenly exemptions are acceptable.

They took the shot out of fear, fear that was purposely used as a weapon against them, and in the end they would have been ok if they'd just stuck to their guns.

And if it comes down to it, as uglytruth said, losing out on health or life is far worse than a career change.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

A lot of us are right there with you. I already quit my job. My daughters date is looming :( I think one of the hardest things for many of us to accept is the old way of life is already gone. There is no going back.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Would you take heroin, meth, crack, if they said you had to?
^^^^^^This!!! I think too many people think their identity is the same as their job. Thus without a particular job, they have an identity crisis. As I've gotten older, I actually wonder if this isn't a kind of intentional programing used to control people.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Most private companies have been running very lean for a couple of decades. They can't lose anyone & keep their business model working.
Put yourself in a CEO's shoes. Either collapse the company or get fined to death. They are between a rock and a hard place. .gov trying to make them the bad guy but all I see and hear is anger against .gov / ds / tptb.

wastrel

rather annoying
Reaction score
Here's what I can't figure out. In a country where middle-schoolers can buy heroin if they have the money and really want to get it, there just has to be some nurses at some of the vax-giving places who will accept your two or three exception notes from Dr. Benjamin Franklin (*cough*) and squirt that vax juice into a sink and fill out the forms saying you got the jab. There just has to be.

I would have no idea how to find them, but somebody does.

EchelonPL

Reaction score
I have friends at several different companies who caved and took the shot thinking they had no other option, exemptions were being denied and they wouldn't even get unemployment. So they caved. Then as the deadline comes near, the companies blink because they can't survive if they fire all their unvaxxed employees, so suddenly exemptions are acceptable.

And if it comes down to it, as uglytruth said, losing out on health or life is far worse than a career change.

I intend to file for the exemption Monday. Read many articles and forums already. GIM was helpful (thanks Avalon and others).

have friends at other large defense firms that ended up taking the shot for the money. Have a pro athlete friend that took the shot too. His response: if I don’t take it, I’d be out of a lot of money.

Kinda frustrating to see friends that said they’d never take take it, take it. Oh well.

Agreed. Health and family are number one.

Dixie

Reaction score
Here's an article about how officials in Washington State are trying to make it harder for people to get religious exemptions:

I looked and haven’t seen this verse posted yet so hope this may help. Being that they will admit that the vax is made from fetal tissue, you could use the verse below for you or the aborted baby right?

Not sure if I’m grabbing for straws or not, I was medically retired in 2015 and covid destroyed my husbands job last year. I really feel bad for the folks going through this, it’s insane people are being done like this but more insane to me that the leaders that were elected to fix this sat on their hands and did nothing. I’m Independent btw, ”lets go Brandon” on both parties, I blame those that allowed it to happen too.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 esv​

16 Do you not know that you[a] are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Here's what I can't figure out. In a country where middle-schoolers can buy heroin if they have the money and really want to get it, there just has to be some nurses at some of the vax-giving places who will accept your two or three exception notes from Dr. Benjamin Franklin (*cough*) and squirt that vax juice into a sink and fill out the forms saying you got the jab. There just has to be.

I would have no idea how to find them, but somebody does.
There are cameras everywhere these days. We're all under surveillance 24/7/365 so it's not going to be as easy as you might suggest

Atocha

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked and haven’t seen this verse posted yet so hope this may help. Being that they will admit that the vax is made from fetal tissue, you could use the verse below for you or the aborted baby right?

Not sure if I’m grabbing for straws or not, I was medically retired in 2015 and covid destroyed my husbands job last year. I really feel bad for the folks going through this, it’s insane people are being done like this but more insane to me that the leaders that were elected to fix this sat on their hands and did nothing. I’m Independent btw, ”lets go Brandon” on both parties, I blame those that allowed it to happen too.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 esv​

16 Do you not know that you[a] are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
I am not destroying my temple. TPTB are destroying me, and my body/Temple. The curse is on them....

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
there just has to be some nurses at some of the vax-giving places who will accept your two or three exception notes from Dr. Benjamin Franklin (*cough*) and squirt that vax juice into a sink and fill out the forms saying you got the jab. There just has to be

There are cameras everywhere these days. We're all under surveillance 24/7/365 so it's not going to be
Only way it could work is to personally know someone who works in an environment with access to the vax as well as the data recording side of it.

If you don't already know someone like that, just walking up and offering $$$ to fake a jab would almost certainly be seen as a setup. They'd hollar, , and the person offering the cash would get charged with attempted bribery.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
this has been posted before. FWIW - someone giver a go?

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 10.40.40 AM.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Per my understanding, these companies requiring the jab are saying they are doing so due to the bidet's executive order and osha regs. Is that correct?