• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Any knife collectors here? Benchmade 710 Discontinued.

Garyw

DemoRats are Party of KKK
Silver Miner
This is a buck Knife Inlaid with Jet, Malachite, Mother of Pearl and Brass It is signed OY Navajo I bought it in Gallup New Mexico several years ago.
037.JPG
ea
036.JPG

Attachments

Garyw

Silver Miner
044.JPG
045.JPG

This is an old Timer while still US made. Signed Bear Hunter LB-5 on one side ofthe Blade and Solingen Stainless 110 I think so good German steel

Attachments

Garyw

Silver Miner
048.JPG
047.JPG
046.JPG

This is an old Uncle Henry IR7 USA Schrade All my knives are in theOriginal Sheaths.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've got one of these. For some reason, the S30V blade seems easier to sharpen and touch up than my other blades in that steel.

My knife below.

Benchmade 15080
by Tom, on Flickr

Last edited:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Anyone know what this knife is worth? I bought it I think in 2005, never used it, just stuck it in the safe where it still is today. It's a Cold Steel Black Sable. I hear that China made knockoffs were made on this knife but they were pretty obvious counterfeits.

Black Sable knife
by Tom, on Flickr

o b juan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I am not a Knife collector ; however at a gun show recently at my table the gun dealer behind me had a nice box with 69 miniature pocketknives none larger than 2" inches closed. most were dirty some had corrosion I bought whole box for $75,
Many of them had company names on the handles.
Wondering if I could clean them without damage?
any value or a place to check might give me something to do

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I am not a Knife collector ; however at a gun show recently at my table the gun dealer behind me had a nice box with 69 miniature pocketknives none larger than 2" inches closed. most were dirty some had corrosion I bought whole box for $75,
Many of them had company names on the handles.
Wondering if I could clean them without damage?
any value or a place to check might give me something to do
You might start off with a bottle of Flitz knife cleaner. You can get it on eBay or amazon and it's fairly priced stuff. It will clean your blades, brass bolsters, stainless steel, etc., getting up any light rust or corrosion. Getting in to the recessed areas of the knife might take small pieces of cloth and cutips soaked in the Flitz. A good knife sharpening kit for the blades would be a good idea and some light oil, like Daiwa reel oil for the pivots would be good to finish up. Be very careful with the blades, if course. Don't get cut. Be patient. Ohyeah, I almost forgot. Use some WD40 or lighter fluid sprayed into the pivot areas to get any gunk out. Keep spraying until it comes out clean. After it all dries, put in a small drop of Daiwa oil.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1541437717764.png
I got a good deal on one of these UZI defender knives some years back. It's my SHTF bugout knife ATM.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
View attachment 115716 I got a good deal on one of these UZI defender knives some years back. It's my SHTF bugout knife ATM.
That ought to do the trick. If your steel is 420, make sure you keep it lightly oiled. I think CS uses a high carbon steel for their knives. Some of those defenders, though are 154 CM. Better steel, but take care of it and it will take care of you, as they say.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I don't have anything special in the way of knifes, except a few Damascus steel kitchen knives, otherwise stuff accumulated here and there over the years. What I do have that is pretty cool is a stainless locking knife safe from a restaurant auction...

knives1.jpg
knives.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I don't have anything special in the way of knifes, except a few Damascus steel kitchen knives, otherwise stuff accumulated here and there over the years. What I do have that is pretty cool is a stainless locking knife safe from a restaurant auction...

View attachment 115724 View attachment 115725
Love it! Did you make the butcher block by chance?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here's a couple knives I have.

The Buck was found by my wife. It had a blue paint gooped on it. Used acetone to remove. The point of this multi blade was busted - probably used to open a paint can?? I used a diamond hone and shaped it. Probably should be 3/16" longer??

The second is an old Case. I used to have a Buck back in the 70's that looked just like it. I don't remember where I got it. Been years. I think I found it as well...? The brass is stained. I don't have the sheath for it. Way to big for a pocket.

IMG_1968.jpg

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
The Buck 110 Slim Folding Hunter Pro Pocketknife: The Full Nick Shabazz Review
Nick Shabazz

Published on Nov 16, 2018
Today, we're going to take a look at a very good tool, with a very rough action: The Buck 110 Slim Folding Hunter Pro
I think if I were going to buy a Buck 110, I would just go for the classic model with brass bolsters and walnut scales and the belt sheath. That is a perfect knife, albeit a bit heavy.