• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Any Southwest Airlines fans?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Never flown em but have heard nothing but good things.

I take it he was the founder or CEO.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I remember in the 70s, American Air tried to bury Southwest by duplicating the routes at ridiculous low prices, something like $19 between the major Texas cities. Herb Responded with full page newspaper ads saying something like "We're not going to lose passengers over a stinking $19", matching the price and throwing in an extra, a bottle of wine or something like that. American eventually tucked tail and backed off. The stewardesses wore hot pants and liked to crack jokes during the passenger briefing, like "If you insist on smoking in the bathroom we'll have to ask you to step outside". Herb became a bit of a folk hero in Texas.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My favorite airline. Dependable schedules. Fair pricing.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I flew with them on business before 9/11. Their prices were good. The crew safety scripts were funny. But putting six rows in a 737? I despise them for that. Would I have paid up to 20% more for a five row cabin? YES!

Their seating system seemed fair at first glance. But the CORRECT seating system is to board the last rows first. Because almost half of the passengers were ASSHOLES who stood in the aisle holding up everyone else, while putting their luggage in the bins. WRONG! I ALWAYS stepped into my seating area before putting up my luggage. I NEVER held up others. But since most passengers are SELFISH ASSHOLES, the only decent method is to board the last rows first.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I flew with them on business before 9/11. Their prices were good. The crew safety scripts were funny. But putting six rows in a 737? I despise them for that. Would I have paid up to 20% more for a five row cabin? YES!

Their seating system seemed fair at first glance. But the CORRECT seating system is to board the last rows first. Because almost half of the passengers were ASSHOLES who stood in the aisle holding up everyone else, while putting their luggage in the bins. WRONG! I ALWAYS stepped into my seating area before putting up my luggage. I NEVER held up others. But since most passengers are SELFISH ASSHOLES, the only decent method is to board the last rows first.
If you mean 6 seats in a row, I think all 737s are configured that way, on all airlines.