• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

any speckled trout fisherman here? i saw something...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
anyone familiar with/fish for the species? aka spotted sea trout. only those in the know would be interested -- anyone?

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Baffin Bay - top spot.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
anyone familiar with/fish for the species? aka spotted sea trout. only those in the know would be interested -- anyone?
Speckled trout migrate and spawn.

Why would you be surprised that they end up on the sea, aka fish freeway?

Got pics?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
on tx gulf coast, it's the main target for many bay fishermen

the trophy sized trout are rare and sought after. there's a mystique about their lives and habits.....loners, spooky, etc..

here's the crazy thing i saw the other day. there was a yuge trophy trout in a school of foot-long mullet. the mullet were milling around on the surface and big mama kept casually swimming through them, often with her back out of the water -- pushing them with her nose, nipping at them. she was just bullying or playing with them. the mullet didnt spook/jump/run -- they just kept milling about as she did her thing. it's as if they were comfortable with her in their school.

i watched her do this for 30+ minutes, amazed. she was there when i stepped onto the dock and was still doing it when i left 30 minutes later. this was around 2 p.m. broad daylight, hot as hell and lots of industrial commotion and noise going on at the dock right next to her.

been fishing for the things for 40+ years. never caught one that big....nor seen one behave like that. she was pushing 30 inches and thick as a brick.....8-10 pounds

you guys ever seen this? it still blows my mind

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Eat right away. Freezing and thawing make them turn mushy.