• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

any speckled trout fisherman here? i saw something...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
anyone familiar with/fish for the species? aka spotted sea trout. only those in the know would be interested -- anyone?

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
anyone familiar with/fish for the species? aka spotted sea trout. only those in the know would be interested -- anyone?
Speckled trout migrate and spawn.

Why would you be surprised that they end up on the sea, aka fish freeway?

Got pics?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
on tx gulf coast, it's the main target for many bay fishermen

the trophy sized trout are rare and sought after. there's a mystique about their lives and habits.....loners, spooky, etc..

here's the crazy thing i saw the other day. there was a yuge trophy trout in a school of foot-long mullet. the mullet were milling around on the surface and big mama kept casually swimming through them, often with her back out of the water -- pushing them with her nose, nipping at them. she was just bullying or playing with them. the mullet didnt spook/jump/run -- they just kept milling about as she did her thing. it's as if they were comfortable with her in their school.

i watched her do this for 30+ minutes, amazed. she was there when i stepped onto the dock and was still doing it when i left 30 minutes later. this was around 2 p.m. broad daylight, hot as hell and lots of industrial commotion and noise going on at the dock right next to her.

been fishing for the things for 40+ years. never caught one that big....nor seen one behave like that. she was pushing 30 inches and thick as a brick.....8-10 pounds

you guys ever seen this? it still blows my mind

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Eat right away. Freezing and thawing make them turn mushy.