• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Any Trappers Here?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What the fuck is wrong with you? First of all this has to do with a barn yard and the predators that feed on the chickens. It in no way could ever have been construed to what ever sexual fantasies you carry in your head.
You need help but I am not the one to render that help, nodammway.
I suggest you head for the whore house and get your backside pounded till you cannot think straight...oh wait, you already have.
One of your better coherent thoughts there Mike. :2 thumbs up:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I knew what Mike was referring to when he said chicken hawk. I have a few chickens and have had issues with hawks, ours are red-tailed hawks, hey, I've heard they taste something like chicken, anyway, what I think of when I see the word Chickenhawk is something entirely different. This - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/63699.Chickenhawk No perversion as suggested by the pervert eager eagle or whatever perversion he/she is into.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I knew what Mike was referring to when he said chicken hawk. I have a few chickens and have had issues with hawks, ours are red-tailed hawks, hey, I've heard they taste something like chicken, anyway, what I think of when I see the word Chickenhawk is something entirely different. This - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/63699.Chickenhawk No perversion as suggested by the pervert eager eagle or whatever perversion he/she is into.
It's probably my age cause when I hear the term chicken hawk this is what I picture,

1545677992788.png

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
:rotf:Metoo:

Put
What the fuck is wrong with you? First of all this has to do with a barn yard and the predators that feed on the chickens. It in no way could ever have been construed to what ever sexual fantasies you carry in your head.
I suggest you head for the whore house and get your backside pounded till you cannot think straight...oh wait, you alread
I suggest you head for the whore house and get your backside pounded till you cannot think straight...oh wait, you already have.
awe telling stories again Michael?

Well next time you want to spread rumors about me, back it with some kind of proof with credibility because right now you do not have a leg to stand on...your shit is weak n old, (like you).

And tip next time you stop by the whore house u cheap bastard. <3

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
A older male who looks to a younger woman for a primarily sexual relationship. It has predatory undertones...a chickenhawk is a man who takes advantage of a woman for sex

So is that way you are currently doing to that poor girl you're with now?

Or: an older gay male who prefers young gay men as sexual partners

Are you really just gay?

Knock it off pal and
leave the thread and everyone alone.

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Put

awe telling stories again Michael?

Well next time you want to spread rumors about me, back it with some kind of proof with credibility because right now you do not have a leg to stand on...your shit is weak n old, (like you).

And tip next time you stop by the whore house u cheap bastard. <3
Give it a rest,

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Just got back from running the line, no rest for me today. Ended up with 4, and have 12 from the freezer to flesh and board. I think ill eat breakfast first, and drink a few more beers.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reminds of the good ol' days when I'd go out and shoot a few on the way to whoever's house I was going. Caught shat a couple times for skinning while folk were waiting to open presents.LOL

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reminds of the good ol' days when I'd go out and shoot a few on the way to whoever's house I was going. Caught shat a couple times for skinning while folk were waiting to open presents.LOL
Priorities!

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I got em fleshed, washed, and the 4 skint. I have to go back out later and put em flesh out on the stretchers, and do some sewing. Shot dogs suck. nasty fuckers. Got to get em done, last recieving date for the first nafa sale of the yr is jan 7.

On a brighter note, it looks like ill get to take a nap tomorrow after I run my line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter Storm Warning

Issued: 3:12 PM Dec. 25, 2018 – National Weather Service
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM WEDNESDAY TO
11 AM MST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
3 to 7 inches with locally higher totals possible and ice
accumulations of around one tenth of an inch expected over far
Southeast Colorado. North winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Pueblo, Huerfano, Las Animas, Crowley, Otero, Kiowa,
Prowers, Bent and Baca Counties.

* WHEN...From 1 PM Wednesday to 11 AM MST Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. In
addition, heavy snowfall and gusty winds will likely produce low
visibilities and strong cross winds on east-west highways.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill take it. Got me a nice recliner right by the wood stove, its on!

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Well, the storm is finally here. Snowing like mad, winds to 50. Ought to have some tite chains in the morning.

The weather retards actually named this storm, although I didnt care enough to listen to what the name was. The world is full of fearful pussies and drama queens it seems.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Had a chickenhawk kill a chicken/rooster on the 25th. Seems he got his Christmas dinner as I was gone for the frivolities of the day. I never leave, like never and the day I do BLAM. I am in a bit of an argument with the owner of the dead rooster whom thinks it is a coyote or a coon. I mean hell it has been raining but there is no pad marks or at least toenail marks around the leg bone that is still attached to the tether. There are no tracks coming in, out or on or even around the chickens and coyotes are going to get more than one chicken but on the other hand I just don't see a hawk eating a whole rooster. BUT, all the tufts of small feathers that had skin attached were spread out into the field and there is not tracks with them...so I am going with the dreaded CHICKENHAWK due to the rater large oak tree over the chickens.....there is that then there is the a hawk that for some reason which is flying a lot faster than before.....kind of like he is energized now.

So I imported the big ass live trap and gave it to the owner and when I got back there it was, unset. I would put the legholds out but Butch grabbed them or some one did so all I have is one now. And,I am kicking my ass for selling all the others for 5bucks apiece at a yard sell because I just thought I would never have need of them again.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Coyotes wont go into live traps. I know a guy who has caught over 2k bobcats in live traps. he has caught 2 yotes in that time. You need a trail cam to see what you need to start killing.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
There were no tracks and there should have been I mean that rooster din't just eat himself so I am thinking death from above. My problem is I have never investigated what kind of tracks are left by a hawk then there are all those chicken tracks which were there.

You are right about one thing though "I do need a trail cam," as someone just drove out and I din't see them come in. Came in a turned around and all I seen was the tail lights.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I know a guy who has caught over 2k bobcats in live traps.
I can't imagine. How many traps do he run at a time? Do you see them cats often just out roaming? I had to make a hundred mile drive yesterday to pick up the grandboy and on the way home a huge[I'm betting 45 lb] beautiful coyote walked across the highway and stopped on the shoulder to let me look at him. Funny how them bastids can tell when a person don't got a gun.LOL

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Coyotes wont go into live traps. I know a guy who has caught over 2k bobcats in live traps. he has caught 2 yotes in that time. You need a trail cam to see what you need to start killing.
I like the leg holds but now I have to go get new ones and am tapped out so I am going to have to improvise. I'll figure this out even if I have to use just the one leg hold left for starters.....you know I feel very, very poor now; trap poor when I used to be dog rich but still poor financially.

Now the only way I know how to do things, meaning the easiest, is this Trigg-Walker/RedBone cross that is on the bed chasing fleas right now. Yep, she is better than a trail cam, I'm going to put her on a lead and see what her nose tells me.

Gheesshit could I just be dense sometimes....I have a dog and forgot about her as she is...*slaps forhead with hand*

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You tether the chickens?
Not me the guy who owns them and it is just the roosters, has something to do with the tail feathers getting busted or muddy in the cages. He has had them here getting on two years and this is the first kill other that the rats and the kestrels getting the chicks. I mean those disappear like pop corn thrown to a bunch of hens.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Cocks / Roosters will fight over dominance. Hence the creation and banning in most countries of Cock Fighting.
It is still legal to raise Cocks. They usually get bought and shipped to South America and S.E.Asia.

Anytime you see a bunch of small doghouses with a tether on post they are raising Cock/ Roosters. There is a group that grades the birds and their plumage I think as a side show. Most end up fighting somewhere.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Cocks / Roosters will fight over dominance. Hence the creation and banning in most countries of Cock Fighting.
It is still legal to raise Cocks. They usually get bought and shipped to South America and S.E.Asia.

Anytime you see a bunch of small doghouses with a tether on post they are raising Cock/ Roosters. There is a group that grades the birds and their plumage I think as a side show. Most end up fighting somewhere.
Used to see "Game Birds" - fighting cocks, tethered out in many places here in southern Ohio.

Wasn't mine.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Used to see "Game Birds" - fighting cocks, tethered out in many places here in southern Ohio.

Wasn't mine.
That's where I've seen them the first time London, OH. area first. I use to them here in KY in the 80s, but none lately. Maybe they got outlawed.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Is. been drinking I see. IDK what to do about virtual hiccups?

Yeah when I got home and stepped out of the exploder he was trying to lite in the oak and he veered off. So I was counting chickens and he came back and when I looked up he did the same. At first he was all lethargic but now he is energized. I guess chicken dinners do that to ya or at least to hawks. By the time I get an iron in my hands he is 400 feet away and I would risk it but not if he is going to fall onto the highway or someone's house/yard.

I put the PC on the hood and cruised the nets till the sun set.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You know as per my last post above I just had a brain fart. See here we are supposed to tag our legholds/traps and I thunk the thought that what if the future peeps had to GPS the whole line and report that info?

The implications are scary.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If we had to gps a line, I'd think most would quit cause everyone would be out there where good trappers work after they got the info.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
We had .8 rain then 4" snow a few days ago. I got over to Ks today to rework my line. Every fucking trap was froze down, had to chisel out and rebed them all. I used screened powdered cow/horse shit, it works real well for this purpose, but takes alot, I used 10 gallons today. Also made some trips thru some tall crp and set sennekers in my wheel tracks, ought to have a wack in the morning.

My freezers are full again. I have to empty one tonite, and put up fur tomorrow as well. Also have 8 yotes behind a barn in a neighboring town, they are froze hard as a rock, they can sit awhile.

Also caught a local outlaw running my cat line this morning. We had a 'talk', I dont think he will be back. If he does come back, I will beat the shit out of him.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I like the leg holds but now I have to go get new ones and am tapped out so I am going to have to improvise. I'll figure this out even if I have to use just the one leg hold left for starters.....you know I feel very, very poor now; trap poor when I used to be dog rich but still poor financially.

Now the only way I know how to do things, meaning the easiest, is this Trigg-Walker/RedBone cross that is on the bed chasing fleas right now. Yep, she is better than a trail cam, I'm going to put her on a lead and see what her nose tells me.

Gheesshit could I just be dense sometimes....I have a dog and forgot about her as she is...*slaps forhead with hand*
Smarter, not harder.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We had .8 rain then 4" snow a few days ago. I got over to Ks today to rework my line. Every fucking trap was froze down, had to chisel out and rebed them all. I used screened powdered cow/horse shit, it works real well for this purpose, but takes alot, I used 10 gallons today. Also made some trips thru some tall crp and set sennekers in my wheel tracks, ought to have a wack in the morning.

My freezers are full again. I have to empty one tonite, and put up fur tomorrow as well. Also have 8 yotes behind a barn in a neighboring town, they are froze hard as a rock, they can sit awhile.

Also caught a local outlaw running my cat line this morning. We had a 'talk', I dont think he will be back. If he does come back, I will beat the shit out of him.
What's the powdered manure for?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1546113009602.png

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The ground is frozen solid. The traps are in a trap shaped hole about 1.5" deep, top of trap just below ground level. They are covered with the dry screened manure, so the traps wont freeze to the ground and not work. I usually use dirt from the hole, but its wet, and will freeze/thaw and freeze the trap down.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The ground is frozen solid. The traps are in a trap shaped hole about 1.5" deep, top of trap just below ground level. They are covered with the dry screened manure, so the traps wont freeze to the ground and not work. I usually use dirt from the hole, but its wet, and will freeze/thaw and freeze the trap down.
Roger. Would peat moss be a decent item to use too since it is compact and light?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
My bet it is to hide human scent.
I use a kneeling pad and a set of gloves dedicated to setting traps for odor control. After a few catches in a trap it doesnt matter though. All you can smell in the burn circle is coyote.