• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Anyone else got Hotrods here?

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
She's been sitting in the semi trailer since 1992. 1929 Ford with a 300ci. Was turning 8 second 1/8 miles when parked. Soon I'll get her out!
P1060708.JPG

Last edited:

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Now that rat rods are de rigueur, looks like you are nearly done.

Did you build it, or buy it?

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Now that rat rods are de rigueur, looks like you are nearly done.

Did you build it, or buy it?
I built it from the ground up in 1982. I started with a somewhat complete Model A. Boxed and Z'ed the frame. Channeled the body over the frame. Built a 4 bar suspension for the front and built 4' ladder bars for the rear. A friend that built racecar engines built the engine . I drove and raced it for 10 years before locking her away while we went traveling. Now it's almost time to drag her out. She's a "Barn fresh, old school hotrod" very desirable today!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Looking forward to following along.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Not technically a hot rod but we’ve got 66 Chevelle bore over big block runnin aviation gas, tubbed and caged

It lives in the garage though

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've got a pair of classics. '85 Pontiac Parisienne and an '81 Olds Custom Cruiser. They're not fast ... but they're comfortable. Get them on the open freeway and you learn what cruising really means.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Any one need a model T? I know where one is for $4,000. Has original flat 4, wooden spoke wheels, very hard rubber casings, all the tin is in great shape, the running gear is all there, it was drove to where it is parked and I use the bed as my tool bench. The bed is plywood now and because I use it as a bench it is well oiled.

Hey I know I'll capture some pik's and post them but really the price is 4K at least that is what my price is IDK if that is actually the price but hey all it takes is a call to find out.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
I've got a pair of classics. '85 Pontiac Parisienne and an '81 Olds Custom Cruiser. They're not fast ... but they're comfortable. Get them on the open freeway and you learn what cruising really means.
Nice rides those ones, very nice...

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Let's see some pics brother. I can't afford gas anymore.
Be about two hours or so. I have to feed and then go there. IDK if 4K is low or high but its all there. Oh and the front window frame and window do not go all the way to the top, there is about a one to two inch space. I might use my phone to send the pik's so I'll most likely screw everything upbut I'll get the pik's posted.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I like your confidence, michael

BF
What's funny my grasp exceeds my reach when it comes to technology. In fact I think I could be a feature in the "Fail Army."

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
OK got the pic's and inevitably I screwed it up with some pik's being a saved download and others being just open pic's.....how many can I load at a time? Guess we/I will find out .

Oh and this is a 26-T one ton with a two speed rear end.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
26T 1ton/2speed

Attachments

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I see I din't get the rear axel.....drats. well there it is. What I don't understand is why all my pictures ended up in different places other than the hard drive is miss firing like a loose fire hose.

Attachments

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Have lots of Model T parts. 37 Ford 5 window coupe.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It kills me that you guys can turn up a gem like that nearly 100 years after it rolled off the line ... and I can't find one good 1989 Dodge Colt.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I see I din't get the rear axel.....drats. well there it is. What I don't understand is why all my pictures ended up in different places other than the hard drive is miss firing like a loose fire hose.
I'd buy that today if it were closer to me. But 3000 miles is toooo far. I have a friend in Florida that has a C cab like yours. He drives it weekly and has had it for 50+ years. He calls it "Bones".
1524256580496.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I'm afraid that unit needs a supercharged 426 hemi. It's the only way. Bunga will never let you hear the end of it

Now pay attention: Muttons wrote these lyrics for The Boss. It's true!

She's a hot stepping hemi with a four on the floor
She's a roadrunner engine in a '32 Ford
The evidence is irrefutable.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You gotta lay off the caffeine, or else get a good camera!

For a moment, I thought I was losing my eyesight!
I guess I could have held the halogen light while Eric the Cat took the pictures. It's a wonder I found them on this puter. I never realized that, that much dirt had settled on it. There was an XJ-6 right next to it with a 400 short and a 3/4 cam, now that thing sounds nice. I was down to doing the disk breaks and finishing sorting out the lights being the dims and the brights are crosswired. And, then the saddle tanks gave out with gas every where. I told Butch that, that putty would not work, but hey its only ten gallons of fuel. Oh and I can't shut the hood because he does not want to change the intake manifold as it had a quadrajet and I swapped it off for a 650 double pumper. I think that that pik got sorted out to parts unknown. I found it but clicked on that apple cider picture/s and I cant/couldn't find my way back. I think the picture of the 26T butterfly hood shows the tires, that and a hen.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What's funny my grasp exceeds my reach when it comes to technology. In fact I think I could be a feature in the "Fail Army."
Consider yourself blessed and fortunate. I do.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good work michael, I knew you could pull it off. Never mind what the gold hedger said, I'm sure Eric wasn't available to hold the lights — ya shoulda called me.

BF

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Consider yourself blessed and fortunate. I do.
Not really sure if you consider me blessed or you are blessed? Hey I just got done doing pickled eggs and as I was using farm fresh eggs why of course I had a lot of them just not come out the way I wanted, like way over half of 60 so? Would you like an egg salad sandwich? We could swap BS stories drink beer and generally pollute the atmosphere.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
95 FORD Thunderbird SC Supercoupe
Factory Supercharged V-6 with Forged internals
RR Vin code -95 Manual Transmission (Mazda truck 5 spd M5R2)
One of 574 made
Made to compete with BMW 6 series in 1989.

I've also owned a 1990 auto. The 94-95's are considered late models.
It's lightly modded-
conservatively tuned chip (won chip after having worst catastrophe at shoot-out. Blew HG)
ported rebuilt stock M90 blower
double intercooler
larger MAF
ported heads
ported stock manifolds
opened up exhaust system
steeper rear end gears 3.27(3.73 stock)
Cobra R brake upgrade
Underdrive /underdrive pulley's

It's an extremely quick and exceptionally handling car and most importantly super comfortable with timeless styling. : )

It has more torque at the rear wheels than my 5.3 V8 GM pickup. : )

Pics from when I swapped the blower out for a rebuilt and deleted the EGR.

Attachments

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not really sure if you consider me blessed or you are blessed? Hey I just got done doing pickled eggs and as I was using farm fresh eggs why of course I had a lot of them just not come out the way I wanted, like way over half of 60 so? Would you like an egg salad sandwich? We could swap BS stories drink beer and generally pollute the atmosphere.
Computers and the like are Alien technology. A layer of our cells are already co-opted. Less is more.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Those are not mine, but close examples of what I have had in the past and present found from the web.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Those are not mine, but close examples of what I have had in the past and present found from the web.
We can still wank to it. Thanks.

Da-Fuck_o_65998.jpg

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
She's been sitting in the semi trailer since 1992. 1929 Ford with a 300ci. Was turning 8 second 1/8 miles when parked. Soon I'll get her out! View attachment 102736
cool and cool ride at least you own it. Put some wide meats on it and smoke up down town. No? How about a county road? Oh hell with it, just spiff that critter up and go cruz chicks and I know what ur going to say but really you think you have to take them back to their place or yours? Just put some running boards on that thing and....OH yeah, shoot I'm not twenty any more and I bet you ain't either. My bad, cool ride though.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
More Like I have had in the past:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++