• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Anyone else got Hotrods here?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Mike, I wish I lived closer than thousands of miles away. That is a sweet T.

I guess I should go on the back roads in rural Kentucky, could find one or two on a farm or whatever.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
95 FORD Thunderbird SC Supercoupe
Factory Supercharged V-6 with Forged internals
RR Vin code -95 Manual Transmission (Mazda truck 5 spd M5R2)
One of 574 made
Made to compete with BMW 6 series in 1989.

I've also owned a 1990 auto. The 94-95's are considered late models.
It's lightly modded-
conservatively tuned chip (won chip after having worst catastrophe at shoot-out. Blew HG)
ported rebuilt stock M90 blower
double intercooler
larger MAF
ported heads
ported stock manifolds
opened up exhaust system
steeper rear end gears 3.27(3.73 stock)
Cobra R brake upgrade
Underdrive /underdrive pulley's

It's an extremely quick and exceptionally handling car and most importantly super comfortable with timeless styling. : )

It has more torque at the rear wheels than my 5.3 V8 GM pickup. : )

Pics from when I swapped the blower out for a rebuilt and deleted the EGR.
Out of the blue someone just called me to buy my 1990 tonight. Been sitting for 4 years. Blew the head gasket. Definitely a fun car and for its time handled amazingly well. I had just put a rack and pinion in it and even with garbage tires that thing just clings to the road no matter what you do. And that 3rd gear when the supercharger kicks in goes from like 35 to 115.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mike, I wish I lived closer than thousands of miles away. That is a sweet T.

I guess I should go on the back roads in rural Kentucky, could find one or two on a farm or whatever.
finding something like that is hosh-posh. the thing is fore sale and credit cards work with this guy. The price? Why I am not in on that.

Well he spends his credits over the wires but I just do not know if he has received any credits that way.. Well that shit is non of my buizzieness anyway.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Out of the blue someone just called me to buy my 1990 tonight. Been sitting for 4 years. Blew the head gasket. Definitely a fun car and for its time handled amazingly well. I had just put a rack and pinion in it and even with garbage tires that thing just clings to the road no matter what you do. And that 3rd gear when the supercharger kicks in goes from like 35 to 115.
Yeah, the SC heads get blown like Bungaman on liberty.

How many miles on the SC? When did you acquire it? I bought this one in 03 I believe....can't believe how time flies.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I got it like 5 years ago but has very high miles. 222,000.
The engine is very quiet on this thing too, like not even a tick from a lifter or anything. Sadly my mechanic moved away so she now sits under some oak trees collecting sap.