• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Apmex Dealer Rating

How do you rate this dealer?

• * One Star

Votes: 19 7.4%
  • ** Two Star

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • *** Three Star

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • **** Four Star

Votes: 63 24.6%
  • ***** Five Star

Votes: 146 57.0%

• Total voters

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Please post your comments regarding Apmex here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads. GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.

My second order from APMEX this year was a couple of tubes of 1 oz silver rounds.

As soon as the USPS clerk lifted the box from the secure locker, me, her and everyone else within 50 feet knew exactly what I received that day.

It seems one of the tubes had not been taped shut, and at it's first opportunity, popped open and dumped about 6-7 rounds out into the large interior area of the USPS box.

Even once inside my jacket, every time I took a step, I jingled! LOL

Any other order from APMEX has been securely packaged, and arrived quickly, so I must rate them highly in spite of this one packing error.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Fantastic service, but don't figure you have seen the price until you see the total.

j-son

Seeker
Seeker
of course nothing but good things to say about this dealer....the gold standard of dealers. very nice emails and nice easy to navigate website.

i order again and again without fear.

Castrensis

Postage, packaging & CC fees usually pushes my final price $30 higher than the cost of the metal alone. A first-class dealer, though.

O

Osprey

Never had an issue with them. They are really a class act. Just don't be surprised regarding the shipping costs.

A++. To get around the credit card issue, I recommend using a cashier's check as it's almost as easy as a personal check and almost as fast as a credit card as far as clearing times, with no %3 penalty. (My Credit Union does them for no charge, but some banks might charge a fee) S&H are a bit steep so save up and buy as much as possible to spread that hit around.

nice BIG selection and variety of PM's. i use them all the time, just don't ever pay them with a credit card as they charge a 3% premium for that. be very careful with your timing of buys and sells to this company as their spread changes drastically and frequently. as far as the payment goes i always mail them a check and save myself the 3% fee......

i rated them a 4

I gave APMEX a 5 star rating. Very good prices on smaller orders, excellent communications through each phase of the transaction.

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Never ordered from them but may have to give them a try based on the feedback here. Sounds like my best option is to save up a chunk of dry powder and buy it at once with a cashier's check so that the shipping is averaged out over the cost of the items I plan to buy, and no CC fee. I'll see where the spot price goes in the next two weeks and pull the trigger when I think it's the right time.

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A-1 website, products, customer service, shipping and overall best place have found for PM on the net.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've ordered from them several times and would rate them 4.7 stars. Great website and communication. Most importantly, they don't sell what they don't have, or they will be up front with you when it will be available. My only qualms with them is that they hold personal checks for 2 weeks which seems a bit excessive, and the occasional lapse in packaging when shipping larger orders that have a lot of random items. Top notch in my book, will keep using them, among others.

Gunguydin

Bought from several times. No problems. Great packaging. Thier website is great, except slow on my ancient computer. Sometimes when I'm out of FRN's, I go there and browse just for fun.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
bought from APMEX many many times........probably the best source for smaller quantities.......never had any issues......always delivered per their advertized time schedule

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only bought GIM rounds from them - as I buy with cash in person when I can. If I were to buy over the internet I would buy from APMEX

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Only made small orders with them. Delivered as promised, right on time, well packaged. Seem to care how you feel about service.

I have been happy with most of the orders I have placed with a few exceptions. First they sold me raw numismatic material that was I believe was improperly graded or had problems. Fortunately, they pretty much got out of that line of business. Second, a couple weeks ago, I went to place an order and the spot gold price they had posted was not updated and if I had not noticed I would have overpaid by about $10 per oz. Apparently, I would not have received an adjustment later. On the other hand, when they had their platinum spot price posted too low, they unilaterally cancelled my order within a few hours without even contacting me beforehand to discuss the glitch and to offer to complete the transaction with new terms. In the meantime, I had already mailed off payment which had to be returned. I also had a bad experience with one of their on staff numismatists. I also do not like the fact that they are one of the few major dealers who hold me checks 10 days no matter how many times I have done business with them. They don't seem to understand that for some of us getting a wire is both costly and time consuming. Finally, some of their pricing is not competitive compared to dealers like Golden Eagle, Tulving and even Gainesville. Other than those issues, on all my many bullion orders, I have been very happy.

Bellboy

Seeker
Seeker
Great web site. Very good assortment of products.Reasonable prices. Never had a problem with an order.

Ecu

I ordered twice from them. I'm in Canada and the shipping was super fast. Two thumbs up for them!

I ordered twice from them. I'm in Canada and the shipping was super fast. Two thumbs up for them!
Did they ship UPS Standard to you, and if so, did you get dinged for brokerage and tax, or did they have the proper forms filled out to avoid that.

Hey I forgot I stashed a roll of Prospector rounds in a box I had sent them. They called me to tell me what price they would pay for them. Very honest and a first class operation. Customer service and the trading dept. are great. Open early too not like the dwarf on the left coast.

blue96

Of the 3 or so online dealers I've used they are the best. The only gripe I have are the CC fees although clearly stated are a little steep.

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
palladium & platinum aren't very liquid as compared to silver or gold. the huge spread is probably a result of them not knowing when they'll be able to offload it.

AgKanga

Great Customer Service, packaging is A+, I think it has been mentioned that the popcorn is a nice treat at Christmas...but you MUST add shipping and CC charges to your average $/oz., especially on smaller orders because it does have an impact on your bottom line.

If you can wait the ten days for checks or money orders to clear (or use bank transfer on larger orders), that's the way to go.

Aside from those minor inconveniences, the best online PM dealer in my opinion.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Great service. I use my e-bill pay service through my bank and don't have to pay the 3% or a bank wire fee. Also used CC's and recieved items pretty fast.

I've stopped ordering from them due to finding different products and better prices, but will look to buy from again depending on product availability.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Great service. I use my e-bill pay service through my bank and don't have to pay the 3% or a bank wire fee. Also used CC's and recieved items pretty fast.

I've stopped ordering from them due to finding different products and better prices, but will look to buy from again depending on product availability.
That is a great Idea!!!!!:bowdown::banana: My freaking bank wants $20 to wire but bill pay is free. WTF DIDEN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!!

JoeTiger

I have to agree with most of the other posts. I've only purchased from APMEX once, but it went flawlessly. I even received the package a couple days earlier than they told me. I will definitely be ordering from them again.

rodzm

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
That is a great Idea!!!!!:bowdown::banana: My freaking bank wants $20 to wire but bill pay is free. WTF DIDEN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!!
Looks like i will be using Bill pay as well. Seems like gone are the days of CC surcharges yipeeee

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Let me know how that works for you guys.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Anyone tried setting them up as an online payee yet? Can it be done directly or through a paper check?

For me, many transactions (20 or thereabouts) with Apmex, both directions and some large by my standards. I can recommend them without reservation.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Anyone tried setting them up as an online payee yet? Can it be done directly or through a paper check?

For me, many transactions (20 or thereabouts) with Apmex, both directions and some large by my standards. I can recommend them without reservation.
I've been meaning to email them and see if I can set it up, no rush at the moment as I have no powder to spare. Really all you need for my bank at least is name and address.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Below is a copy of my email to apmex and their response concerning online payment. In essence they replied that they get paper checks from the bill payment service but aren't set up for EBT. I replied asking them if they applied the same hold time to the bill pay service paper checks but they haven't answered yet. If they apply the same hold time to bill pay service checks as the do to personal, there is no time or monetary advantage to using an online payment service with Apmex. In reality there would be a several day penalty because of the time delay for the bill pay service to get the check out.

Email record below, my original email is on the bottom:

Tom,

I am not sure what a rapid payment is. Is it through your bank, like Online Bill Pay or is it like an Electronic Funds Transfer? You would be able to use Online Bill Pay because they send us a physical check but our accounts are not set up for Electronic Funds Transfers.

Russell B. Reid
Customer Service

American Precious Metals Exchange
226 Dean A. McGee Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
(405) 595-2100
www.APMEX.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:25 PM
To: Info
Subject: online payee

Can I set you guys up as an online payee for rapid payment but avoiding