• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Apmex isn't buying

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well, this is interesting: "After reviewing your item(s) against the current market and our inventory requirements, we have decided to pass at this time."

The above is a return email from Apmex after I decided to see what they would offer for a some of my stuff.

The list that I sent was right in their wheelhouse: generic silver rounds, silver Eagles, Johnson Mathey and Englehard 1 oz silver bars, gold 1 oz series 1 Lunars, ATB 5 oz pucks, 50 peso gold coins, gold philharmonics, silver lunars Series 1 & 2 all sizes.

But they aren't buying. That tells you something. You can argue what they're saying but I think it's that they don't expect this to last and don't wanna buy at current prices. Sell though? Hell yeah!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Well, this is interesting: "After reviewing your item(s) against the current market and our inventory requirements, we have decided to pass at this time."

The above is a return email from Apmex after I decided to see what they would offer for a some of my stuff.

The list that I sent was right in their wheelhouse: generic silver rounds, silver Eagles, Johnson Mathey and Englehard 1 oz silver bars, gold 1 oz series 1 Lunars, ATB 5 oz pucks, 50 peso gold coins, gold philharmonics, silver lunars Series 1 & 2 all sizes.

But they aren't buying. That tells you something. You can argue what they're saying but I think it's that they don't expect this to last and don't wanna buy at current prices. Sell though? Hell yeah!
I'm buying, send me a list and a price and we can hobb-knob a little. PM me!

be aware, I'm buying at LESS than current spot, how much less we would have to figure out :reading:

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Or they exhausted their cash covering their short positions?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

be aware, I'm buying at LESS than current spot, how much less we would have to figure out :reading:
You are such a shylock...

:dduck::dduck::dduck:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Single Eagles now $38.15 at APMEX, that's $10 over spot.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
They can ask whatever they want. APMEX used to be my go to vendor but right now they're on hold (hell, at these prices everyone's on hold)

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
They can ask whatever they want. APMEX used to be my go to vendor but right now they're on hold (hell, at these prices everyone's on hold)
Keep an eye on eBay. Some sellers are not paying attention. I snagged some Eagles last night for $28. I paid, I hope he delivers and doesn't renege on the deal.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
reminds me...i got a roll of Silver Eagles to sell...

so, who's got $50 a piece for some high mintage Eagles?

seriously, i'll wait till I get $55 a piece, shouldn't take much longer, ya think?

:refer:

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
reminds me...i got a roll of Silver Eagles to sell...

so, who's got $50 a piece for some high mintage Eagles?

seriously, i'll wait till I get $55 a piece, shouldn't take much longer, ya think?

:refer:
Put 'em up on Fleabay, you might find a sucker there.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
just goosing a few here...I'm really waiting for $60 a piece
(rubbing my hands together...)

LOL, there are guys here who played with this stuff when it was $4 an ounce, and of course when it was used for regular commerce...

i've been in/out for decades, the price is going to do what it needs to do and i've got something to cash out if I ever have an emergency...silver 10¢ for $2 paper money is great if i need the paper money, that dime is even better at $2.50

MIavatar

Silver Miner
I'm transmuting one of my 1 oz rounds in an electroplating experiment as we speak. How much is silver acetate? Prolly less then the round lol.

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Doesn't tell me a damn thing, more likely they don't want to quote you a price via email with how fast the market is moving. If you give em a phone call should be able to get a price at least on the bullion stuff. (with how swamped they may not want to screw with buying numis from private sellers)

There's over 10 reputable online dealers as well not like apmex is your only option. But again with how fast the market is moving I doubt any will give you a quote via email.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

I'll put a list in the buy/sell area.

I'd accept some less than spot on generic silver but not on silver Eagles much less Lunars.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Doesn't tell me a damn thing, more likely they don't want to quote you a price via email with how fast the market is moving. If you give em a phone call should be able to get a price at least on the bullion stuff. (with how swamped they may not want to screw with buying numis from private sellers)

There's over 10 reputable online dealers as well not like apmex is your only option. But again with how fast the market is moving I doubt any will give you a quote via email.
APMEX is a good barometer.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Or they exhausted their cash covering their short positions?
I've stated it a dozen times, I think most big bullion dealers are owned by the banksters. They eagerly sell at a loss to enforce the beatdowns. Not buying the spikes serves banksters just as well.
Makes sense to me anyway. The banking sector is thousands of times larger than the PM sector, so what little they lose in the PM business is exceeded many times over by gains in banking.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Tom

it could be as simple as the boo hoo flu

where the employees have revolted against taking in and 'touching' inbounds from unknown origins

as if demand is as strong as they all state, then surely most of the dealers would be all over the supply for replenishment

fear baby fear,

cast the fear far and wide and watch it spread like wildfire

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Tom

where the employees have revolted against taking in and 'touching' inbounds from unknown origins

as if demand is as strong as they all state, then surely most of the dealers would be all over the supply for replenishment

fear baby fear,

Nothing to fear but fear itself.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Tom

fear baby fear,

Maybe so, I checked Apmex prices on what I put on my sell list and almost all of it showed as "Alert Me". AKA out of stock, alert me when you have it.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
I’m looking at Provident’s silver buy back and it’s very conservative compared to the premiums they are selling silver for. It’s pretty volatile I don’t blame them.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I received my order of 2020 ASE's yesterday. They are for my nieces and nephews for Christmas presents. Ordered earlier in July for $24.28 each.

I can understand why 2020 ASE's have high premiums. First, they are the last year of the ASE design. 2021 ASE's are supposed to have a new design.
Second, the US Mint has not been running at full capacity. Add in any silver shortage with the Covid-19 epedemic and the Mint will not be issuing as many coins to meet demand. This shortage of 2020 ASE's demands a higher premium.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I keep buying gold because that's real money. I have no intention of giving any of it away until I'm dead. Make 'em earn it, they'll love you for it!!!

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

what was spot when you offered to sell?

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Courtesy of one of the smartest gold guys on the planet @ronanmanley

The silver eagle premiums ,online and LCS , are just crazy. APMEX zlso has minimum buy amount as well ($1000 last time i spoke with them). LCS cant keep gold long and silver a revolving door, he has had to make special trips to obtain silver to sell.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
now it is fun again to visit your APMEX history (if you select that option).

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey go look at the "preorder prices" at provident for ASE, coming in Aug sometime.
If you have a heart condition, don't look. That is why I did not put it here.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey go look at the "preorder prices" at provident for ASE, coming in Aug sometime.
If you have a heart condition, don't look. That is why I did not put it here.
I was going to say that all the silver on the front page was $10 over spot..... Then I saw what spot was! Apparently I've been under a rock!

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Told YA! Humble & Lucky!

Things are really going up because of the NEW FIAT LAW.

1 Steven 2:3- Finance Book

Everything in ALL GLOBAL FIATS is Failing. There Is No Alternative TINA to precious metals: gold silver platinum...

Buy today at half price - sell only if you need cash for some GREAT REASON...

Those that doubt JUST wait until next year to be SURE! Just spit out my coffee...

Bookmark this contract:

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/gold

December contract is KEY from now ON till then....

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wrongo, Bucko.

Read his FREE newsletter/blog here: https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/

Look up "in-depth research" in the dictionary and there is his picture.

One of the best : HE IS!

Free too, works for a big NICE firm in Singapore... probably speaks a Chinese version of the language

BOOKMARK him and his articles as all the articles from his firm....