• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Appalachian Trail hikers attacked, one killed

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Who uses a machete to attack someone?

Bet the hikers didn't have a pistol....

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Who uses a machete to attack someone?

Bet the hikers didn't have a pistol....
You have to remember that there are places where the App trail goes where it's illegal (or very difficult) for people to own/carry guns...2A notwithstanding.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Some hikers carry self defensive weapons. I hiked the toughest parts of the AT from GA to ME, around 70% of it and the LT four times. I never felt threatened or heard of a dangerous person like this that held up under scrutiny. There are a lot of Nervous Nellies who push the panic button warning about dangerous people, but these are thin skinned precious snowflakes who live in fear, tense uptight suburbanites who have little experience in the outdoors.

I was surprised it took so long and a murder and maimed woman as well to take this creep down.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
texas a m football player used machete and did same to a guy on a jogging trail in dallas. jogger's wife killed herself shortly thereafter

never relax

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Bear spray should have taken the perp out.
I guess it is a little early in the year for the groin kicking feminazis to be hiking the AT, college and the schools are still in session....Mace, bear spray, all types of defensive and offensive weapons are at the disposal of tough minded outdoors people....

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I guess it is a little early in the year for the groin kicking feminazis to be hiking the AT, college and the schools are still in session....Mace, bear spray, all types of defensive and offensive weapons are at the disposal of tough minded outdoors people....
But if on the can it states it is a federal offence to use as not intended... Could always claim they thought it was a bear.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
PEOPLE GETTING BEAR MACED (Pepper spray) COMPILATION!! (Even at school)

The 2nd one is the best one. Dude gets his face painted orange with the stuff. lol

Last edited:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
You have to remember that there are places where the App trail goes where it's illegal (or very difficult) for people to own/carry guns...2A notwithstanding.
Then you either stay off the trail, or you go as an outlaw. If it’s were illegal to breathe on the trail and I want to go on that trail, you can bet your ass I’ll continue breathing as I go about my business.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
PEOPLE GETTING BEAR MACED (Pepper spray) COMPILATION!! (Even at school)

The 2nd one is the best one. Dude gets his face painted orange with the stuff. lol

Doesn't seem to be many people in that video who can't speak without constantly dropping utter vulgarities. Seems to be a common theme...

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Doesn't seem to be many people in that video who can't speak without constantly dropping utter vulgarities. Seems to be a common theme...
I have some weapons grade Capsaicin in the spice cabinet

You get pepper in your eyes, nose or other sensitive regions, and it produces not only vulgarity, but other amusing reactions.

As for protection on the trail:

A decent knife will suffice.