• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Apples To Apples: CV to Seasonal Flu

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Maybe in China. That is, if you trust their numbers.
..but elsewhere it is not yet slowing.
The article I quoted was in reference to Britain where they also downgraded the severity of the virus.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The article I quoted was in reference to Britain where they also downgraded the severity of the virus.
You mean the article that says this?

For now, the government has locked the country down. They have created a set of new laws quite unprecedented in British history – even surpassing government power during both World Wars. Police have been given new powers of arrest, the military have been called in to assist.

Besides, it doesn't matter what's going on in other nations. What matters relative to us, is what's going on in OUR nation.

Based on your argument here, we should have locked down the US back in January when China did that?

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
What, you wanna inspect the bodies? If they had severe symptoms of the disease, it's pretty safe to say that's what they died from.
Someone should. Beer virus has same symptoms as flu, etc.

I suspect there are some that have died from the flu getting categorized as beer virus death. No proof. Just a hunch.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Someone should. Beer virus has same symptoms as flu, etc.

I suspect there are some that have died from the flu getting categorized as beer virus death. No proof. Just a hunch.
That’s exactly what is happening. Who is compiling all the data from all the hospitals and reporting it?

Last edited:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
You mean the article that says this?

For now, the government has locked the country down. They have created a set of new laws quite unprecedented in British history – even surpassing government power during both World Wars. Police have been given new powers of arrest, the military have been called in to assist.

Besides, it doesn't matter what's going on in other nations. What matters relative to us, is what's going on in OUR nation.

Based on your argument here, we should have locked down the US back in January when China did that?
The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) has stated that Covid19 should no longer be considered an HCID. That’s a universal assessment, not particular to any single country.

Besides, if you are not a Hollywood Actor or a politician, your chances of getting this virus remains extremely low.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Beer virus has same symptoms as flu, etc.
Not exactly, and about it's about total opposite of a regular cold.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) has stated that Covid19 should no longer be considered an HCID.
Yet their nation remains on lockdown.

So what are you saying? That we should be more like England, and lockdown the whole nation? Only if you think it'll really help.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Not exactly, and about it's about total opposite of a regular cold.

Yet their nation remains on lockdown.

So what are you saying? That we should be more like England, and lockdown the whole nation? Only if you think it'll really help.
Is that what I said? No.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
You said it's getting better in England. I said if it's getting better, why the lockdown?
Maybe that’s how you interpreted what I said but thats not what I said.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Maybe that’s how you interpreted what I said but thats not what I said.
Oh, I thought when you said it shows signs of slowing down.....
Except that....it DOES show signs of slowing down.
.....that it meant the situation was improving. Ie: starting to get better. That the exponential growth phase was over. Etc etc.

So you're saying the situation is not getting better, or that it is?

One thing I noticed that is getting better is the ratio of deaths to recovered. It seems recoveries exceed deaths now in the US. So that's a good sign.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Oh, I thought when you said it shows signs of slowing down.....
.....that it meant the situation was improving. Ie: starting to get better. That the exponential growth phase was over. Etc etc.

So you're saying the situation is not getting better, or that it is?

One thing I noticed that is getting better is the ratio of deaths to recovered. It seems recoveries exceed deaths now in the US. So that's a good sign.
Ok I see where you made that interpretation. Yes, in many areas it isn’t either slowing down or we are getting more accurate reporting. Here’s in the U.S. the media is style selling the fear in overdrive and the numbers are being exaggerated IMO.

Accordingly to WHO numbers the flu is twice as deadly as this virus that the media is hyping up.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ok I see where you made that interpretation. Yes, in many areas it isn’t either slowing down or we are getting more accurate reporting. Here’s in the U.S. the media is style selling the fear in overdrive and the numbers are being exaggerated IMO.
Ok, but what if your opinion on it turns out to be wrong?
We have a choice. We can either do what we're doing and try to slow the spread, or we can get back to business as usual and hope it's not as infectious and not as deadly as it's been said to be.
....but what if it turns out that it is?

If it is and we go back to normal, we'll have a catastrophe on our hands for sure.

Don't you think it's better to err on the side of caution?

Accordingly to WHO numbers the flu is twice as deadly as this virus that the media is hyping up.
You'll need to show your math on this. Everything I've seen shows a death rate that at best is 10 times worse than the regflu.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Ok, but what if your opinion on it turns out to be wrong?
We have a choice. We can either do what we're doing and try to slow the spread, or we can get back to business as usual and hope it's not as infectious and not as deadly as it's been said to be.
....but what if it turns out that it is?

If it is and we go back to normal, we'll have a catastrophe on our hands for sure.

Don't you think it's better to err on the side of caution?

You'll need to show your math on this. Everything I've seen shows a death rate that at best is 10 times worse than the regflu.
Look....if I'm wrong, I’ll admit I was wrong. But I believe the panic driven lockdown is going to have far more disastrous consequences than if we had let this virus run it’s course. Look at Russia for example. They are not on lockdown and there is no epidemic there.

Shutting down the economy and causing mass unemployment is DISASTROUS. In 1982 a record was set when in a single week 750,000 people filed for unemployment. This week, quadrupled that record with more than 3 million people filing for unemployment...and the worst is yet to come. This virus is not a killer. The numbers are being skewed and the media is selling unnecessary fear.

You want to see proof? Ben Wallace present is to you right here:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ooops! I mean 1031. A more than 9 fold increase.
Just over 24 hours later and it's up to 1300.

You want to see proof? Ben Wallace present is to you right here:
We've already determined that he is ignoring the exponential growth of it. Number of deaths are up 11.6 times in the week since he posted that vid.
Comparing something that is growing exponentially with something that is not growing exponentially, is not an apples to apples comparison.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Look....if I'm wrong, I’ll admit I was wrong.
To do it your way, being wrong means lots of dead people. If that happens, saying "oops, I was wrong, sorry" won't help.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
To do it your way, being wrong means lots of dead people. If that happens, saying "oops, I was wrong, sorry" won't help.
Many of those people were going to die anyway from the conditions they already had. Labeling them covid19 deaths (who is making that determination anyway) does not make the virus any more lethal.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Many of those people were going to die anyway from the conditions they already had. Labeling them covid19 deaths (who is making that determination anyway) does not make the virus any more lethal.
Doesn't matter. Bottom line is, do it your way and be wrong, it's an automatic catastrophe. Do you really want to gamble with other peoples lives? Because if you're wrong, lots of people would die that would not have died under the current course of action.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Been asking the same thi hs many of you are. Supposedly 200 people died the other day due to Corona. So did they do autopsies?

On average roughly 450 people die everyday in the U.S. due to respiratory diseases. Is that number up? Are we just recklessly attributing deaths to this virus?

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Been asking the same thi hs many of you are. Supposedly 200 people died the other day due to Corona. So did they do autopsies?

On average roughly 450 people die everyday in the U.S. due to respiratory diseases. Is that number up? Are we just recklessly attributing deaths to this virus?
That's my guess

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Doesn't matter. Bottom line is, do it your way and be wrong, it's an automatic catastrophe. Do you really want to gamble with other peoples lives? Because if you're wrong, lots of people would die that would not have died under the current course of action.
550 people were already going to die every day of respiratory failure. How many over that number is covid19 killing? And who is making that determination by calibrating the data from all of the hospitals nationwide?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It would be interesting to run an antibody test on everyone who had any cold symptoms over the last 6 months. I bet there is more positives out there than we will ever know.
Probably correct. A neighbor women walking by started some small talk as I was helping cut grass. During our conversation she told me she was diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) in early January. She said she was not tested. Just given some meds and a sheet of instructions on how to self-treat at home.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
550 people were already going to die every day of respiratory failure. How many over that number is covid19 killing? And who is making that determination by calibrating the data from all of the hospitals nationwide?
Again, you are comparing something with relatively static numbers to something exhibiting exponential growth.
You just can't do that. It's not a valid comparison.

Do you understand what exponential growth is? Based upon your responses, it seems as though you do not.

If that 550 number was growing exponentially, they'd be freaking out about that too.
...but it's not growing exponentially, so they don't.

Probably correct. A neighbor women walking by started some small talk as I was helping cut grass. During our conversation she told me she was diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) in early January. She said she was not tested. Just given some meds and a sheet of instructions on how to self-treat at home.
Is wuflu an upper respiratory infection? From what I've read, it doesn't even give most people a runny nose. It does its thing deep in the lungs. That's a lower respiratory infection, is it not?
....and in early January it was just starting to be an issue in China. If this stuff had been circulating here that long ago, there would have been critical cases of it then too, not just mild cases.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
The world just happens to have a killer virus outbreak that just happens to have symptoms like a common cold/flu and it just happens to happen before an election where the media, the deep state and world elites most hated man is sure to win. Again.
It also happens to happen when the United States economy is the best in the world with record low unemployment across the board and things were finally, finally getting better for the people who actually fucking work.

Say whatever you want, I don't believe one fucking word I hear about any of this. Coincidence? Bullshit.

.:give finger:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
They're definitely doing that. Milkin' it politically for all it's worth.
.....but that doesn't mean the virus is fake.
....and to intentionally release a virus on the whole World just to try to take him down seems a bit over the top imho. If tptb have the ability to pull something like that off, rigging the election against him woulda been a walk in the park compared with pulling off a World wide fake virus pandemic.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
They're definitely doing that. Milkin' it politically for all it's worth.
.....but that doesn't mean the virus is fake.
....and to intentionally release a virus on the whole World just to try to take him down seems a bit over the top imho. If tptb have the ability to pull something like that off, rigging the election against him woulda been a walk in the park compared with pulling off a World wide fake virus pandemic.
Rigged election didn't work last time.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
From cth............................

Bill Durham says:
March 27, 2020 at 11:27 pm

I am in my 50s. A child of the 1980s. If you told me we would ever be at this point in history I never would believe you. Either the apocalypse was coming or Snake Plissken would be showing up. This is Animal Farm and 1984.

This is not even close to normal. I have been through hurricane alerts. Nothing close to this. I don’t believe this anymore. We have a virus, but this is bullsh1t. Not one leader is questioning this! When have these a holes ever agreed on anything?

Now every world leader agrees with a lockdown? WTF! They all follow along? Nobody thinks— hey, let’s quarantine the elderly and sick and keep everything else open. Where did the middle ground go? We went straight to lockdown.

I am back to end days or alien disclosures. They are never going to open it up. If they did, there is nothing left for millions of people. We are sheep.

94corvette says:
March 27, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Time to take a deep breath and ask ourselves just what the hell is the real story going on with this virus. Seems that too many happenings are too coordinated. The virus, the government/media induced paranoia, the economic upheaval etc. are just parts of a huge picture we’re not seeing yet.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Rigged election didn't work last time.

If they can't even rig an election, I have a hard time believing they could pull off a fake World wide pandemic.

The stuff is real, the msm/dems are just using it to attack Trump.
If the virus were their baby, they woulda been hollering about it back in January, but they weren't. Back then it was viewed by them (msm) as a nothing burger, as China's problem.