• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Are there any pilots here? Please debunk this!

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
Oh - on the radar thing - given mast heights of both ships of 60m the range of the naval radar would be about 56km if we consider just the curvature of the earth. But radar is refracted quite significantly and under normal conditions this adds about 25% to the range - and sometimes much more. 25% would give a range of about 44 miles. This seems to be in the ballpark of what you state the navy guy said in your video - no?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is it possible you are not keeping a sufficiently open mind yourself?
That's the problem. His mind is closed to any explanations other than his own.
...but all the while asking for stuff to be explained to him. lol

PS None of this is of course proof that the ISS exists. But it does weaken your argument that it can't exist.
Heck, he could see it if he actually wanted to try to.

Convenient that your position doesn't require any evidence.
Our positions are the only ones with any real evidence. Yours? Not so much. They're all about what you think, or feel about a particular thing.

I believe NASA has claimed recently to be in contact with Voyager 1(9.5 billion miles) ...cuz apparently they're unfamiliar with the inverse square law.
The inverse square law is why they broadcast to it using an antenna 100+ feet wide at tens of thousands of watts. That way by the time the signal gets there, Voyager has a shot at receiving it with it's 14' antenna.

How does it not deal with the same forces one would expect when tossing a paper bag out a car window on the highway at 75mph? ..
Because outside a car there is an atmosphere that causes friction. In space there is nothing to cause any friction when passing into it from Earths atmosphere.

Im a (private) pilot. I haven't read all 5 pages of posts, so I apologize if someone has already stated this:

The gyros in aircraft use the center of the Earth as a reference.
It's been stated numerous times.
...but you're forgiven for not reading all 5 pages.

What is gravity? Beats the hell out of me...
Gravity is the effect we experience due to falling through curved spacetime. You may not like the answer, but that's what it is.
Ie: mass gives spactime its curve and spacetime gives mass its weight.

Some people seek discourse in order to overcome ignorance, others seek only to validate their ignorance.

You're interaction here is little more than the bratty kid who says nothing other than "why?" to every answer he's given. It's all simply for his own entertainment in the attempt to frustrate others.
That's exactly what he is looking for. Validation of his ideas by via 3rd party agreement.
Ie: he asks for answers and to have stuff debunked, but has already decided that anything said contrary to his pre-existing beliefs is wrong.

Kewl, thanks for sharing. I'm a bratty kid, I'm stupid and I listen to stupid people that also don't seem to understand what everyone else understands.

Awesome arguments you have there. lol
It's not that you're stupid, but rather that you have allowed your mind to become cl;osed to anything outside what you think you already know.
...and if that's the case, why do you even ask questions about any of this stuff? You should instead apply for a University teaching position. Seems you think you have it all figgered out.

Also there are some stupid dummies here that don't seem to understand how gyros work...better sort them out too:
Why do want to throw around the word stupid? Do you really want to go there? If so, far more powerful words could easily be lobbed your way.

I know I know...I'm stupid and just don't get it because I don't understand gravity magic...like the other 7 billion people...
Again, just for the record I do not think you are stupid. Just confused about a particular subject.

Anyone want to take a crack at Halley's ridiculous orbit? No? ...didn't think so.
What's wrong with it?

Every time you get an answer you ask a different question. We could do this for a little over a month or until it gets tiresome
That's his M.O. Show him the flaws in his argument and try changing the discussion to something else. I showed him how his flat Earth evidence actually showed proof of a curved Earth and he would simply ignore it while trying to suddenly bring up the big bang theory, dark matter and energy.

I've seen the tail of a comet being explained away by alleged light from the sun, but never heard anyone suggest it's causing "thrust" in an alleged space/time vacuum...
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I've already been called ignorant, stupid, bratty, dumb, blah blah blah. Don't care. Someone tell me how that graphic up there, that I just made in freaking paint is wrong.

Where is the curvature?
It's wrong because it assumes that to maintain a "level" you'd need to tunnel through the Earth.
Ie: the "straight line" of a particular level curves along with the Radii of the Earth.

I think this has been discussed before - the atmosphere moves with the earth -
It's been discussed too many times to count. He just ignores it.

No - as far as I am aware - nobody understands gravity magic - at least not completely -
Here. Try this on for size and tell me what you think of this guys attempt at explaining what is admittedly, a complicated subject.

And may of the examples you promote, upon closer inspection, don't actually show what you think they show. And your refusal to acknowledge weaknesses in your argument and then either refine your argument or abandon it is not very scientific.
Every time I've pointed out flaws in his evidence, it's off to another "reason" while ignoring the flaws in his evidence I pointed out. Like his "flat Earth" pic of Chicago that actually proves you can't see anything shorter than 600'

I actually suspect that the flat earth conspiracy is likely a red herring invented by some government agency or other, in order to discredit conspiracies and conspiracists in general. So you may well be helping them - which would be a pity wouldn't it.
This is exactly what I think too. You can throw chemtrails in there too, as they are easily proven to not be real.

Yep. It's really obvious 5-6 miles out on a flat Lake Michigan in a 17 foot boat.
How many times have you seen Chicago while you were out there?

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I was talking to my son about this and he started laughing. He used to be fairly involved with 4chan. Seems he was insider enough to be aware that this was a major trolling.

Also one of those fake conspiracies to make all conspiracy theories look retarded.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Nothing to worry about then, someone has probably hidden hundreds of miles of alleged curvature, somewhere in Hoboken...just to troll you.

You guys are a hoot. I'm a not religious science geek, and I'm currently re-organizing my belief structure because science has clearly been corrupted. Just look at all the hostility aimed my way throughout this thread...and I haven't even mentioned a crypto currency. Why do you suppose people are so angry if there's no uncomfortable truth here?

Still don't necessarily believe in "God", still not sure Earth is a "plane", but there's something seriously wrong with science and specifically with the heliocentric model of our solar system.

Believe it, don't believe it...I don't really give a shit what you choose to believe, but ask yourself why you believe what you believe. Is it because it makes sense? ...or is it just because you were told to believe it when you were too young to recognize bs?

Peace.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
How many times have you seen Chicago while you were out there?
Weeeel you can't see Chicongo, but if you follow the sharks feeding on murder victims they will lead you there.

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
Here. Try this on for size and tell me what you think of this guys attempt at explaining what is admittedly, a complicated subject.

Very good explanation of general relativity - wish they'd had youtube videos way back when... :-).

BUT - the problem with this is that it's incompatible with quantum field theory and there are loads of things that happen that we cannot currently explain without quantum field theory. Therefore one or both theories are at least partially incorrect since they are incompatible. Einstein of course believed that quantum mechanics was all nonsense. He may well have been correct - but he spend the latter part of his life trying to disprove it and didn't manage.

RebelYell

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Nothing to worry about then, someone has probably hidden hundreds of miles of alleged curvature, somewhere in Hoboken...just to troll you.
It's not hidden. In fact, you posted a picture of it. Twice!

You guys are a hoot.
Back at'cha bud.

I'm a not religious science geek,
No, you're a religious flat Earth geek.

Just look at all the hostility aimed my way throughout this thread..
You've thrown your own chit around too, mr herp derp man. lol

and I haven't even mentioned a crypto currency.
Can we? I think the board needs another thread to be turned into a btc thread.

Why do you suppose people are so angry if there's no uncomfortable truth here?
If anyone is angry, it's only because you willfully ignore any evidence contrary to what you think you know.
...and that's after seemingly asking for help to understand it.

How would you feel if someone asked you for help understand crypto's, but when you tried to help them, all they did was to tell you how wrong you are?

What I see you doing is fishing for third party confirmation that your view is the correct view.
...and 3rd party confirmation is an important thing for most people. It's a big part of why we form the social groups we do.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
"YES, I know this hurts your cute little Bum.. But I cannot seem to figure out how something as insignificant as a 23° TILT of Earth matters with a Sun this massive and the light coming from that far away all at once. We don't have any proof of this nonsense. As usual, we only have CGI images of the solar system. Nobody has ever seen this, nobody has ever measured this, and Nobody has ever clocked the speed of these celestial bodies. All we have is Indoctriantion of these science fiction stories, and nothing more.

Sooner or later, you're going to have to learn the difference between a THEORY and Empirical Evidence.

This is an Evidence based Scientific research forum which encourages insights and evidence from ANY point of view. Please refrain from Ad Hominem personal attacks, Trolling, Clowning, and blatant disregard for Honest Scientific scrutiny. You will be Banned from this group immediately if you violate any of the forum guidelines. We encourage honest debate here while engaging on the Topic at hand. If you do not like the Topic or don't have an answer, then respectfully move on and create a topic of your own. Troll posts and Emotional Outbursts will be deleted and no one will even see your rant. This is a serious group for inquiring minds only. Adolescents and emotionally weak people need not apply.

Heliocentrism is based on the instruction that everything revolves around HELIOS the Sun god, yet millions of humans are Awakening to the fact that ALL Observable Evidence we have supports the Geocrentric model. Mainstream education tells us the Sun is 93 million miles away, conveniently 4 times further away and larger than the distance away from the Moon which happens to be the single greatest Coincidence and random happenstance of all time. Hmmmmmmmmm....

When you look at the Sun and Moon in the sky they appear to be Exactly the same size, in fact they show their true size in any eclipse. Yet priests of "science" claim that everything our eyes and senses tell us is False and their indoctrine is the absolute truth. They also tell us to take their word for it, since not One person on Earth has actually measured the true size of the Sun or it's true distance. Not ONE person has used a telescope and measuring device to actually calculate these astronomical distances or gigantic sizes of planets... nor have they gaged the speeds any of these celestial bodies are allegedly traveling. All we have is HERESAY... And that is Not true Scientific Evidence.

As I observe the Sun with my own eyes and through Time Lapse video, I can clearly see the Sun moving AWAY from my vantage point and the light goes with it. The clouds are also moving above the Earth and the intelligent sensory organs in my ears do not even detect the slightest movement of Earth. I've stacked rocks atop each other over calm waters and running waters, and have seen ZERO evidence of a spinning globe hurling through infinite space at Ludicrous speeds. The Sun viewed for long periods of time shows exactly how the light works, and this light is simply moving beyond the Vanishing Point, which is the imaginary line of Convergence due to perspective creating a horizon. Once the Sun moves beyond our RANGE of vision over the Flat Motionless Earth, the light is carried away with it as you can clearly see in photography or videos of Sunrises and Sunsets.

If the Sun was 93 million miles away and we were a tiny marble in comparison to this massive light 100 times larger in diameter than us, then the light would be hitting us in straight parallel lines and the "fade" of the Sunset light would be evenly spread across the entire side of Earth. We never witness this "even fade" of light when we observe a Sunset. The light is clearly and demonstratably WITH the Sun as any lightbulb or other source of light shows. See the "Halo" circle of light that leaves our sky as the Sun leaves us.. The Sun is small and Localized, as shown on high altitude photography with Sun HOT SPOTS below it.

Time lapse videos of the Sun sets prove the Sun isn't 93 million miles away. The light is localized and the Sun is close within our system. Anyone can see this when looking at time lapse videos of the Sun's trajectory.." ~Nathan Thompson

https://youtu.be/tB2aipSFrCc

The bolded has always bothered me, and I realize there are plenty of psuedo-scientific excuses intended to explain away these anomalies, but I personally find them to be wholly inadequate.

Seems everyday there are moar and moar dummies that are doubting those that tell them to doubt everything they can perceive with their own senses.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We all(I think) accept that matter is comprised of mostly empty space and atoms that are held together by electromagnetic force. Electromagnetic force that conforms to the laws of natural science...observable, repeatable, has opposites, etc.

If this is the case, if matter is mostly empty space + atoms, all of which is held together by electromagnetic forces doesn't that mean that the Earth is a gigantic mass of elctromagnetically charged matter? We know that electromagnetism is far far more powerful than alleged gravity magic, so why is it accepted as fact that somehow it's un-observable, un-provable, un-definable gravity magic that holds our model of the universe together? It seems even more bizarre, at least to me, that we accept as fact this gravity theory, and then freely acknowledge that the Earth is generating a massive electromagnetic field that extends up to 36,000 miles into theoretical space/time.

Is it really such a leap to conclude that electromagnetism, which is provably many times more powerful than gravity magic, is what dictates the behavior of mass in our reality? Why this gravity magic, which has no opposite in direct violation of natural science? You and I cannot independently verify the existence of gravity, but must instead rely on the priests of pseudo-science for evidence. That's not science...it's religion.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But I cannot seem to figure out how something as insignificant as a 23° TILT of Earth matters with a Sun this massive and the light coming from that far away all at once.
Wow, I'd have never guessed.
...and yes, a 23degree tilt does matter to the light coming from anywhere. The further above or below the subsolar point the light hits, the more area that same amount of light covers, therefore resulting in lower temps for that area. Ie: less light means less heat from the Sun.

Think of it like this. If you had a 1440 lumen beam of light 12" wide and held a 12"x12" surface at a 90 degree angle in front of it, all the light would be evenly spread across the surface. Each square inch would have 10 lumen's of light hitting it.
...but if you held a 17"x12" wide surface that you held at a 45degree angle so that the whole surface was lit, that same amount of light would now be spread over a larger surface. Only 7 lumen's of light would hit each square inch of surface.
...and the further you are from the subsolar point, the more angled your location is relative to the Sun at various times of the year. Which results in either more or less heat for your area.

7 lumen's of light carries less energy than 10 lumen's of light does. Sol, it's almost like you don't even think about this stuff.
...and if you're going to insist upon not actually thinking about this stuff, I will continue to point out the obvious flaws in your logic.

Edited to add pic so as to make the obvious point even clearer.

Weather_img045.png

Areas A and B are the same width, but notice that the area under them is different in size. Ie: same amount of light spread over a larger area results in less energy to heat that area.

C'mon, this isn't rocket science sol. All it takes is the application of logic and common sense.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Oh you don't want me to get started on "rocket science" joking, let us just leave that fallacy to the faked Apollo thread...shall we?

You just continue to vomit forth the quasi-facts that were pounded into all our brains by State run edukashun during our formative years and I'll continue to counter your ridiculously predictable positions with observable fact.

I like this recent quote:

"I fly from USA to Australia tomorrow. Any tips for walking around upside down?"

I regret to you inform you sir...that people are waking up to the lies they've been told their entire lives, but are instead attempting to reconcile those lies with what they can observe with their own senses.

"You're just too dumb to understand stuff!" ...doesn't seem to be cutting it any more.

"hold a grain of sand next to a cruise ship. It won’t attract anything. Gravity is a vain religious superstition for the globies to learn in school."

"Holy @#$& are you stupid!!!" "Do you even pseudo-scicence bro!?!" "You're not an expert!!!"

Here Verlinde is suggesting simply that we approach things from a more objective perspective. Assuming as fact that which hasn't been proven and then heaping more theoretical physics upon it is sure to lead to incorrect conclusions. The same is true of those that stack theoretically correct mathematical equations one upon another. Mathematical equations can be true and still be illogical.

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
"You're just too dumb to understand stuff!" ...doesn't seem to be cutting it any more.
I never said that I think you are too dumb to understand it. If I thought that, I'd have never responded to any of this. I like you and only want to help you to understand our World because somewhere along the line you've gotten yourself off on a tangent on a few things that have led you to some erroneous conclusions. You really think I'm gonna lie to you sol? C'mon dude, get real!

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I still haven't seen an acceptable explanation for the Suez canal. 121.11 miles of sea level with zero locks on an alleged pear shaped oblate spheroid. How long do we toss reason and logic into the crapper, so that we can support that which defies our own perceptions? Why would we want to do as much?

121.11 * 121.11 = 14667.6321(inches) * 7.98(inches) = 117047.704158(inches) / 12 inches(per foot) = 9753.9753465 feet of curvature. Someone thinks either end of the Suez canal is 0.9236719078125 miles lower than its center...yet the entire thing is at SEA LEVEL? Really? How?

This is your reality? WTF does the Earth look like then? Which photochopped CGI composite image is "real"?

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
View attachment 97012 This adds credibility to Solarions argument...
No it doesn't.
What it shows is that the people in the flat Earth community have to tell lies in order to get you to believe their crap. Whoever made that, intentionally used the wrong bridge in order to convince you of something that isn't true. This should send up a big red flag for you and @solarian and anyone else who subscribes to this flat Earth nonsense.

@Juristic Person , how does it feel to realize you've been fooled by your own people?

except-thats-not-the-danyang-kushan-grand-bridge-marked.jpg

Edited to add:...and the gullible see stuff like this, eat it up, do no further research and just run with it as though it's fact. I'm merely posting this in the hopes that others who see the original will realize that outright dishonesty is afoot in the flat Earth community.

You are being led astray and having your mind polluted by subscribing to the flat Earth propaganda.

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I still haven't seen an acceptable explanation for the Suez canal. 121.11 miles of sea level with zero locks on an alleged pear shaped oblate spheroid.
That's because the waters surface follows the Earths curvature. Ie: at any point along the canal, the distance from the waters surface to the center of Earths mass is the same. There is no "hump" relative to what's level.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This energy sucking thread is pure distraction. You guys are arguing about the earth being flat. WTF? Go jump off the edge of it.

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Solarion,

First of all, let me say that I find nothing wrong with your great distrust of academia and government. I think questioning is a healthy thing, even questioning information that is widely regarded as common knowledge.

When you started this thread you mentioned you were having a hard time visualizing why ships and aircraft do not have to make a pitch forward/down input to account for the curvature of the planet. I would like to try and help you with that. And yes, the Earth is a sphere.

Let us start with a boat sailing across the surface of the ocean. Picture in your mind that giant sphere of water. As the boat moves along it naturally follows the curvature of the water surface. In other words, the ocean itself is curved.

Another way to think about it might be to imagine a circular saw. The saw blades move straight forward and do not need to correct for up or down pitch, yet they are following the curvature of the saw. Similarly, a ship follows the curvature of sea surface.

Yet another example would be one of those stunt show motorcycles driving inside of a spherical cage. The motorcycle drives straight, without the need for pitch change, because it is following the curvature of the cage.

If you are with me so far, then we can go into submarines and aircraft. A submarine cruising at a level attitude underwater is maintaining a certain level of buoyancy. It may not be on the ocean's surface, but it is still "floating", only in the water instead of on the water's surface. The entire water column of the ocean from the surface to the seabed is curved, and of course the ocean's floor is curved too. Thus the submarine follows the curvature of the Earth, even when it is submerged.

Finally, we arrive at aircraft. Remember that air is a fluid. An airplane, like a submarine, maintains buoyancy, only in the air instead of the water. Airplanes can fly straight and level and still follow the Earth's curvature because the atmosphere is spherical, just like the ocean is.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Lost me here: "Picture in your mind that giant sphere of water."

Water doesn't behave the way you describe, there's no evidence to support it. Find me a basketball, wrap some water neatly around the exterior surface of said basketball and then get back to me. Everyone seems to think they're the only one that was forced to attend 2nd grade science class. This place is crawling with conspiracy theorists, yet belief in gravity fairy dandruff isn't even questioned. What is gravity? I dunno. What causes gravity. No idea. Great!

Stop mindlessly parroting the gibberish you were programmed with...pseudo-science is not science.

Meanwhile there's an outbreak of sanity in Colorado.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-colorado-flat-earth-20180115-story.html

The Earth is round, and other myths, debunked by the flat Earth movement (you read that right)

By David Kelly

Moving with missionary zeal, Nathan Thompson swept into a brewpub here bearing a battered globe under his arm with the words “this is a scam” scrawled on the side.

He dropped the defaced orb like a vanquished enemy on a table amid pints of beer.

“They say we are cult,” he announced, “but the globe is the biggest cult of all.”

Thompson, the 31-year-old host of the Official Flat Earth Globe & Discussion group on Facebook, was guest of honor at the night’s flat Earth meet-up. Clad in a green jumpsuit festooned with flat Earth maps, he worked the room hard all the while proclaiming Earth is less a big blue marble than a big blue pancake.

A 16-year-old boy approached and said his friend had started a GoFundMe campaign to prove the world is a disk. Moments later a middle-aged man declared, “Earth is flat, not spheroid!”

Thompson beamed.

“This is not a conspiracy theory,” he said. “This is a conspiracy fact.”

With more people rejecting traditional sources of information and the internet giving rise to a variety of alternative worldviews, the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories is enjoying a renaissance and Colorado is the epicenter.

Thousands of YouTube videos claim the world is flat, gravity is uncertain, space is fake and the curvature of the planet is an optical illusion. Followers say this ruse is perpetuated by a powerful cabal determined to make humans feel small and powerless.

A conspiratorial mind-set and a deep current of religious ideology permeate the movement, which preaches that Earth was created by design, not by accident. As evidence of its shape, some reference Bible verses touting “the four corners of the Earth,” “foundations of the Earth” and Earth being God’s “footstool.”

Many of the most popular flat Earth videos come out of Colorado, host of next year’s Flat Earth International Conference along with the Colorado International Flat Earth Film Festival.

Mark Sargent, a software analyst from Boulder now living in Seattle, is the primary organizer of the movement and has made more than a thousand videos. He believes Colorado’s open-mindedness accounts for its prominent position among believers.

Back in 2015, when he typed “flat Earth” into YouTube he’d get 50,000 hits. Now it’s more than 18.7 million, beating out Lady Gaga and closing in on Donald Trump at about 21.3 million. Sargent said he suspects millions of believers remain “in the closet” to avoid ridicule.

“My channel broke 10 million views in December,” he said. “This is my full-time job now.”

Sargent, 49, became a believer after watching videos and realizing he could “no longer prove the globe.”

The flat Earth revival, he said, can be explained in large part by YouTube, increased skepticism of authority and the message of hope it conveys.

“You’re not on a tiny little speck of rock just flying through this endless, incomprehensible universe and you are not small,” said Sargent, who believes Earth is beneath a dome. “It was built just for you. All the world is a stage and you’re in it. You are on a ride. Part stage, part terrarium, part planetarium. Whatever it is, it is very deliberate.”

The concept of a flat Earth goes back to the Bronze Age. Later on, Greek philosophers and mathematicians like Ptolemy, Aristotle and Pythagoras used calculations and observations of Earth’s curved shadow on the moon during lunar eclipses to conclude the planet was round.

Yet millenniums later that still doesn’t sit well for some.

One of the nation’s first meet-ups dedicated to the flat Earth cause convenes weekly at the Purple Cup Cafe in Fort Collins. For many, it’s a safe space to discuss matters others might scoff at.

John Vnuk started it in 2016 and soon received more than 200 calls from people eager to know more.

“I suspect there are more people open to the idea of flat Earth then we think,” he said. “We had a multitude of engineers attend our meeting … who just would rather have a peaceful life with full employment than join the battle.”

At a recent meeting, Nathan Nichols, 39, rattled off “proofs” for a tabular Earth. He said it looks curved from high altitudes because of wide-angle camera lenses. Ships disappear over the horizon because of the limits of human vision, not a spherical world.

Some members believe Earth is surrounded by a wall of ice holding back the seas while others suspect it’s an infinite plane. Circumnavigating the world, they explain, is simply traveling in a big circle.

“I don’t know the motivation for hiding the truth,” Nichols said. “The sobering part of this is that you have been lied to and continue to be lied to.”

As conspiracies go, this one is remarkably nonpartisan, said Joseph Uscinski, associate professor of political science at the University of Miami and author of the book “American Conspiracy Theories.”

“Just like some have a left- or right-wing worldview, some people have a conspiratorial worldview where they think every institution is a liar,” he said. “These people are living in the matrix, they are brains in a jar where everything they see and hear is absolutely fake.”

The Los Angeles-based Independent Investigations Group, which looks into claims of the paranormal and pseudoscience, plans a test in the coming weeks at the Salton Sea hoping to convince a group of flat Earthers. They will fire a laser eight feet above the water to a target on the other side.

“If the Earth is flat the laser will stay at eight feet the whole way,” said Spencer Marks, an investigator with the group. “If it’s curved, it will descend toward the surface of the water.”

Marks has debated flat Earthers including Thompson, but he’s not a scientist. In fact, few scientists have weighed in.

“Science doesn’t even get their arguments out there,” Sargent said. “They try to beat us with math but people don’t understand it. It might as well be static, so they listen to me.”

David Falk, assistant professor of astronomy at Los Angeles Valley College, thinks that’s a mistake.

“The serious science community feels it’s so basic that they don’t want to waste their time debunking it,” he said. “But this is a scary thing…. The danger isn’t that people don’t believe the Earth is round, it’s the lack of scientific literacy.”

Back at the Golden pub, Bob Knodel, a 57-year-old engineer whose “Globebusters” series has more than 2.6 million views on YouTube, held forth on the flat Earth universe.

“The sun is about 3,419.5 miles away by my calculations. It’s not a burning ball of hydrogen gas, it is electrostatic energy,” he said. “We don’t know how it’s powered.”

Brian Gegan, 55 and not a flat Earther, wandered over.

“So you believe the Earth is flat and stationary?” he asked.

Thompson jumped in: “We don’t believe, we know. We live in a closed system. The Earth is not spinning. What would keep us on it if it was spinning so fast?”

“Gravity,” said Gegan.

“Gravity has never been proven,” Thompson said.

Gegan asked why it would be hidden.

“They want to dissuade you from the idea of a God,” Knodel said. “Beyond that, as a way to control your mind. They want us to think that we aren’t special, but we are.”

Gegan walked away unconvinced.

Try thinking for yourself.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

2.25 million light years with the nekkid eye...is that a lot? LOL

Well...only if you think 13,226,907,467,808,924,000 Miles is a big number. In short, according to pseudo-science you can see a galaxy that's over 13.2 SEXTILLION miles away with the unaided eyeball, but you cannot see that ship that just allegedly sailed over the curved water 5 miles away.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I just went on vacation and visited Bangkok. Had a great time btw.

9E9B44C3-04AA-4862-8F49-212DE8AA8849.png

I went from Chicago to Tokyo and then Tokyo to Bangkok.

We did not fly over the middle of Canada to get to Japan!

I have a hard time believing that not only could they keep such a big secret for so long, but also that the airlines are running over the pacific and wasting fuel and money just to keep the game going.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

View attachment 97462

I have a hard time believing that not only could they keep such a big secret for so long, but also that the airlines are running over the pacific and wasting fuel and money just to keep the game going.
I agree!

I haven't seen anything that convinces me that the planet isn't a globe. The other theories all have holes and my spidey sense tells me that if all the other celestial bodies we can see from earth are round, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume Earth is round too.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

See, that's where they fooled ya. I mean, like duh! How else do you think they could do it?

Especially when you consider the that hardly any commercial jet could make the distance without re-fueling along the way. Yet they offer non-stop flights.
...and yet the flat Earthers still can't figure it out. lol

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
190ED2AE-014B-475B-B506-9AEF7B8766B8.jpeg

If the earth was flat, we would have went more towards the Arctic.

Also, this applies to nearly all flights I would imagine. Why do the flight patterns that are shown on flat maps have curves? The shortest distance is a straight line.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
my spidey sense tells me that if all the other celestial bodies we can see from earth are round, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume Earth is round too.
Man, you are such a risk taker!

Also, this applies to nearly all flights I would imagine.
It does.

Why do the flight patterns that are shown on flat maps have curves?
For the same reason an orange peel distorts when trying to flatten it out on a flat surface.

The shortest distance is a straight line.
Yep, and the airlines will always take it.
....and flights from New Zealand/Australia to South America would fly over the North East US, but they don't.

This whole flat Earth crap is just a bunch of hokum designed to lead the gullible astray. There isn't even a good reason for hiding the shape of the Earth. If it were taught that the Earth was flat, would the conspiracy then be to hide the fact it was round?

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

2.25 million light years with the nekkid eye...is that a lot? LOL

Well...only if you think 13,226,907,467,808,924,000 Miles is a big number. In short, according to pseudo-science you can see a galaxy that's over 13.2 SEXTILLION miles away with the unaided eyeball, but you cannot see that ship that just allegedly sailed over the curved water 5 miles away.
I have seen it many times naked eye. It is a way a gauge if a night is decent in terms of transparency. No doubt it is close to that far away. Cepheid variable stars are a very reliable way to judge distances. The very Cepheid variable star that was first used to show that the Andromeda galaxy was much further away than the local stars is visible in photographs I (and many amateurs) have taken. I'm not even bothering with your actual argument but since you brought up the Andromeda galaxy, here is my most recent image I took of it 9/20/2017. If you really get in to astronomy, it becomes pretty obvious that we have our own Milky way galaxy where in you find a lot of star clusters and nebula, but then when you look away from that you notice galaxies, and behind those you find more distant galaxies. Further and further away. The universe is unfathomably massive and in my opinion equally beautiful.
M31-2017-09-20-P6SSS.jpg

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Why do the flight patterns that are shown on flat maps have curves? The shortest distance is a straight line.
The maps are distorted to show the surface of a sphere on something that's flat. To see the shortest distance path between 2 distant points, get hold of a globe and stretch a string to its shortest length connecting the points. That's the path of the shortest distance.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Literally the same crap over and over. LOOKIE, I found evidence of surface tension therefore the Earth is a 25k mile circumference pear rock! Are you seriously telling me you don't know the difference between electrostatic forces and Newtonian/Einsteinian/Cavendish based mythematical gravity gibberish? Water DOES NOT bend itself around objects into perfect spheres in nature. The excuse that this cannot be reproduced by you or I is always that gravity is far too weak to work in any experiment we can conduct. Nobody but nobody thinks seriously thinks surface tension = gravity. To claim such, one must also think rain = proof of gravity...which is preposterous for obvious reasons as it also implies that clouds, which weigh TONS are made of anti-gravity "stuff".

Sorry cat, it's beyond INSANE that you think you can see an object that's 13.2 SEXTILLION miles away with your naked eye, and then turn right around and claim a photo of Chicago taken from michigan using a telescope isn't possible.

I know you can see Andromeda with the naked eye, I know also that if it's truly 13.2 SEXTILLION miles away then inverse square laws are total bs. Which is it?

People have so much faith in dead guy science that they totally suspend their own common sense observations to parrot statist propaganda. Then when they're told a brilliant dead guy(in this case Coulomb) completely contradicts that same statist propaganda they just ignore it.

Oh well guess Coulomb was an idiot too...time to get rid of his "laws". LMAO

Jeepers, what is this? Isn't that Larry Krauss admitting field theory is out of control? The Newtonian/Einsteinian gravity model has been debunked so many times and so many ways that these guys don't even try any more. The only people keeping this failed model alive are the sheeple that refuse to think for themselves. It takes 5 seconds to dismantle the centripetal vs gravity model of Earth, but most cannot eve be bothered to consider how a North pole where centripetal forces = virtually zero could possibly have the same gravitational forces as are seen at the equator. Shouldn't gravity be tremendously powerful at the poles if there's no counterbalancing centripetal forces there? "...bah bah bah...but science says..." FIVE HUNDRED TEN years after Copernicus' idiotic model of the solar system and it's still not even close to moving beyond the theory stage. LOL What a freaking lemon...hey thanks for buying it when you were a child and never questioning it.

Last edited:

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Someone close this idiotic thread. Thank You.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner

View attachment 97462

Hope your shots were current.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Someone close this idiotic thread. Thank You.
Poor baby...show me where the information hurt you. :(

Guess you only support free speech where it doesn't contradict your views eh? LOL

People are more supportive of overt devil worshipers' rights to free speech than they are anyone that dares challenge their sacred spinning pear rock fantasies.

Anything to avoid the burden of having to think for yourself. Don't worry buddy, I won't spend much time here with you hypocrites.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
clouds, which weigh TONS are made of anti-gravity "stuff".
Yep, they weigh a lot.
...but not as much as the stuff under them, which is why they float. If they didn't weigh less than what's under them, they'd be at the surface and we'd call it "fog".

People are more supportive of overt devil worshipers' rights to free speech than they are anyone that dares challenge their sacred spinning pear rock fantasies.
That's only because the spinning rock thing is so painfully obvious that they think anyone who can't see it too, is either just f'ing with them or possibly not playing with a full deck.
...and the fact that the only way the flat Earth stuff "works" at all is by willfully ignoring any evidence to the contrary, doesn't help your case either.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You think your responses are oh so clever, when all you do is regurgitate precisely what you've been trained to parrot on command. You never say anything contrary to your globe logic mentor's teachings.

You accept idiotic theories like "gravity" without a shred of evidence and you mindlessly defend it by parroting nonsense. We've discussed Newtonian gravity at length and your response is "herp derp" all mass attracts all mass because...reasons. We've discussed Einstein's version of gravity...which outright contradicts Newton, but you don't have much to say about that either. I've asked you to explain the equivalence principle vs time dilation paradox, but your globalist mentors apparently haven't sent you that memo yet. Jesus H, do you ever think for yourself? The theory of gravity is complete and utter bs, but you claim to "know" it's a fact while simultaneously acknowledging you've no more idea what allegedly causes gravity than did Isaac Newton 331 years ago. You've quite literally the same knowledge view of the solar system that Copernicus had 510 years ago. Your knowledge of Einsteinian physics is even more lacking, but that doesn't even slow you down, because you've already been told what to "know".

I've asked you again and again, where all this mythical curvature is located and you don't point to it, you just dismiss it while claiming Earth is obviously a spinning pear rock. You're seemingly unaware that to be a spheroid there must be curvature or that curvature can be described via mathematics. Fortunately not everyone is so gullible as to believe what fraudulent "space agencies" tell them, or show them with ridiculous cartoons. It's beyond amusing that you think it's a few guys that somehow don't understand physics...yet you do. The problem is too many people DO understand physics and what they observe doesn't make any sense when compared with what they're told.

http://fecore.org/project/balaton-laser-experiment/

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You think your responses are oh so clever, when all you do is regurgitate precisely what you've been trained to parrot on command.
You're the one regurgitating crap. Ie: all the same crap as what's in these flat Earth videos that are polluting youtube. You don't do your own experiments, but post links to vids of people who don't know what they are doing while trying to prove their wacky theories. Wait, I mean hypothesis, as a theory requires at least some evidence that it is correct. This flat Earth bs has no evidence to support it. None at all. The only way it "works" at all is if one ignores any evidence to the contrary. Kinda like how you like to ignore the fact that the lower 600' of Chicago is completely hidden from view. The only way that could be possible is if the Earths surface curves.
...but you simply choose to ignore it because to acknowledge what anyone can see in that pic, is to completely prove your "theory" wrong.

Here. Proof that 600' of the Chicago skyline is hidden from view by the horizon. Notice that only the upper 60% of Willis Tower is visible.
...and there should be a couple 500'+ buildings between the red arrows. Where are they? It's a fact they exist, but are obscured from view by the horizon in this pic

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

See? Proof the Earths surface is curved that even a child could understand.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yes! Let's just ignore the fact that the buildings are HUGE given the range. Gee, no sign of atmospheric lensing there at all. You stick a photo taken at point blank range right next to an image taken at dozens of miles and think nothing of the fact that they're roughly the same size. The background of the photo is even RED...gee is sunlight red? What caused that...genius? Oh sorry, is that too many things for you to consider at once? Just say "grabity" then bro. lol

You're allergic to original thought.
The standard issue answer is that it's due to the vast distances, but of course starlight doesn't comply with inverse square laws...so that doesn't make any sense either.