• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Are there any pilots here? Please debunk this!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I have a telescope with an equatorial mount, btw.
Doesn't mean the Earth is spinning pear rock hurtling through theoretical space/time at over 1,800,000 MPH
That's exactly wtf it means. lol
It's a mount that compensates for the Earths rotation. Knowing how you feel about this subject, I'm amazed you wasted your money on it. If the Earth doesn't rotate, why on Earth would you need a mount for your telescope that compensates for it?
mount.PNG

You have an equatorial mount? That surprises the hell out of me.
Yes, amazing, isn't it?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Indeed. This was my point exactly, he cited an unrepeatable (and therefor unprovable) experiment and is trying to pass it off as provable.
Which means he is cherry picking his "proof".
...and calling us sheep for not "just believing" him.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Got any observations of your own to mention or are you brainwashed by idiots on youtube?
LOLZ

Sorry man, it's REAL tough to take you seriously when you speak of others' alleged brainwashing while you continue to insist that NASA planted men on the moon in 1969. hahaha

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I believe it but not blindly.
Same here. The overwhelming preponderance of evidence that says men landed on the Moon far outweighs anything that merely suggests otherwise.
...but if there ever were actual proof that could not be debunked or was shown to be true, then yea, I'd change my view. Because I wasn't there to see it first hand and must rely upon my own ability to understand the science behind it. That's why I follow this hoax stuff so closely. Just to see if there ever is something in the hoaxers argument that can't be shown to be false.

If you look at all of the top reasons given that it had to be faked, they all fall apart relatively easily. Ie: to believe them means you couldn't have examined the claims too closely. Because if one does, they'll soon see that it all falls apart. Like a house a cards on a shaky table.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If you look at all of the top reasons given that it had to be faked, they all fall apart relatively easily. Ie: to believe them means you couldn't have examined the claims too closely. Because if one does, they'll soon see that it all falls apart. Like a house a cards on a shaky table.
For the majority of their claims I would have to throw away everything I know about photography, geometry, radio and physics (all testable and repeatable) in order to even entertain the thought of what they say. Sometimes I wonder if there's not some colony of people trapped in some dome somewhere with a flat bottom and ice wall that somehow got routed to our internet causing all this craziness.
If that's the case, cheers guys trapped in some flat landed dome somewhere. :beer: May you once escape and find the real world.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Debunk this !

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sorry Bob, but that doesn't cut it. What that vid suggests is that we wouldn't be able to see the Sun lighting up that area "over there".

This would be the same as sitting in a darkened theater and expecting to not be able to see that the stage is lit up.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bob, if the earth is flat as depicted in the video, then the sun would always be visible from all points on earth.

We have all personally seen the sun fall below the horizon. It doesn’t go off into the distance above the horizon and disappear.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
AND how thick is it AND what is on the backside ? ALIEN STRONG HOLDS ??? :secret:
Its all an illusion, just like Youngs "double-slit," its round from a macro perspective, flat from the micro observers perspective... i.e. its flat & round at the same time, wholly dependent upon your point of observation.

That would be my guess.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What mechanism accounts for the curvature of the Earth in this scenario?
I'm swimming straight down the Snake River, I stay right in the middle, straight as an arrow.
So why is my compass shifting around if I'm going straight down the river??

I, know, you don't see the analogy and you can't relate.

BF

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Its all an illusion, just like Youngs "double-slit," its round from a macro perspective, flat from the micro observers perspective... i.e. its flat & round at the same time, wholly dependent upon your point of observation.

That would be my guess.
Bob it is round - PERIOD !
What makes it look flat is that we are too near the surface & don't/can't see the curvature.
I have spent a lot of my adult leisure time on the ocean, the only place to see the real curvature.
I can pick up another boat on my AIS & radar, BUT I can't see it until I am within a mile or two, depending on how high the boat is.
My last boat had a tall bridge, I could see much farther, up on the bridge, than down in the cabin.
Also, the higher an antenna, the farther it will transmit & receive. My antennas are on top of my boat & I can hear others long before another nearby boat, with low antennas, can.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Bob it is round - PERIOD !
What makes it look flat is that we are too near the surface & don't/can't see the curvature.
I have spent a lot of my adult leisure time on the ocean, the only place to see the real curvature.
I can pick up another boat on my AIS & radar, BUT I can't see it until I am within a mile or two, depending on how high the boat is.
My last boat had a tall bridge, I could see much farther, up on the bridge, than down in the cabin.
Also, the higher an antenna, the farther it will transmit & receive. My antennas are on top of my boat & I can hear others long before another nearby boat, with low antennas, can.
I've owned several ocean boats and can testify to your findings, however these findings tested alongside many, many flat & round earth experiments dont prove either one way or another. There are numerous repeatable experiments on both sides that prove the earth is flat, others prove its spherical.... Can both be correct? Maybe!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
There are numerous repeatable experiments on both sides that prove the earth is flat,
Such as....?
Can both be correct? Maybe!
No. It has to be either one or the other. While there may in fact be small areas of the Earth that are in fact flat*, the entire Earth when taken as a whole is in fact a spherical shaped object. When seen from outer space it looks spherical.

* places like salt flats, or certain places on the great plains for example.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'm swimming straight down the Snake River, I stay right in the middle, straight as an arrow.
So why is my compass shifting around if I'm going straight down the river??

I, know, you don't see the analogy and you can't relate.

BF
Relate to what? Magnetics exist, there's absolutely no doubt about it. This can be verified in many ways at any time. Whether they exist because the alleged core of Earth is somehow molten metal or not, I've no idea...neither does anyone else. Nobody has ever been anywhere near the alleged center of Earth.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
137CB06D-BB5A-4125-BE06-1E71EC0957A0.png

The distance from Los Angeles to Sydney is 7497 miles.

The distance from Tokyo to Los Angeles is 5479 miles.

The distance from Tokyo to Sydney is 4863 miles.

I’ve got to scratch my head here... Where exactly is Australia at on a flat earth map? It CAN NOT be where it is depicted.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So find a different map? Nobody says you have to trust the United Nation and USGS' flat maps.

Lots of maps suck. Half the maps and globes around have Greenland nearly the size of Africa...which is ridiculous.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
OK, 'splain this: Why do we have OPPOSITE seasons in N. America Vs S. America ?
Summer here is July/Aug
Summer in Peru (I've been there) is Dec/Jan
Answer: Because the earth is a sphere, wobbling about it's axis !

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
View attachment 101155
The distance from Los Angeles to Sydney is 7497 miles.

The distance from Tokyo to Los Angeles is 5479 miles.

The distance from Tokyo to Sydney is 4863 miles.

I’ve got to scratch my head here... Where exactly is Australia at on a flat earth map? It CAN NOT be where it is depicted.
YUP !!! When I flew to Japan in 1985, we went over Alaska, from Los Angeles to Tokyo, BCAUSE it is SHORTER !! (Top of the sphere)

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Lots of maps suck. Half the maps and globes around have Greenland nearly the size of Africa...which is ridiculous.
That's because of the type of projection it is.
...and it's proof that you (yes you sol) do in fact live on a spherical shaped object. You don't have to like it, but the fact of the matter is that the Earth is indeed a round spherical shaped object.

In fact, a globe is the only medium upon which an entire map of the Earth can be displayed without gaps and/or distortion.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yes! The sun is allegedly 93 million miles away and that tiny little distance difference + alleged tilt = totally different seasons.
What map should I use?
Whichever map you wish. Why are you asking me, when you're the one that's unhappy with the USGS' map? The military and NASA use some flat Earth maps too, maybe check in with them?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It’s amazing that flat earthers can not even agree on what map they use to prove their point.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This thread is ongoing proof of the ridiculous extent to which the masses have been divided and brainwashed.

#GreatAwakening #MAGA

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yes! The sun is allegedly 93 million miles away and that tiny little distance difference + alleged tilt = totally different seasons.
That's right.
...but it's not the tiny difference in distance that makes the difference. What makes the difference is that the more angled a surface is relative to a light source illuminating it, the more spread out on the surface that light will be.
Edited to add: if a larger area is illuminated by the same amount of light as a smaller area, the larger area will in fact be colder. Every bit of heat on Earths surface is due to the Suns radiation of light. Less light, less heat. This isn't rocket science or brain surgery Sol. lol

You've had this explained to you before, but you seem to just ignore it.
....but that's ok because I'm only posting this so others will see that your theory holds no water at all.

SunRayAngles.png

Is there anyone reading that doesn't understand the info conveyed in the above pic?

It’s amazing that flat earthers can not even agree on what map they use to prove their point.
They use whichever one they need to at the time to try to prove their crap. lol
If tomorrow they need to use a different one to prove something else and you point out discrepancies between the two, that just means you are paid for by the promoters of the hoax. lol lol

Best we can do is point out the wackedness of it so that hopefully others reading will not allow their minds to be polluted by it too.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, most of the guys I speak with are too busy worrying about silly stuff, like why every experiment ever to measure the movement of Earth has concluded it doesn't move...which ironically is precisely what your senses are telling you right now. ...or how when someone tries to measure the curvature of our alleged spheroid they find it's not curved. The trouble with the spinning pear rock model is some people can actually do maths and compare it to what they can witness with their own eyes.

It does help explain why it seems to be imperative to bash children upside the head with their idiotic globes in elementary skool though. Can't have people developing any critical thinking skills where the shape of our planet is concerned.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yeah, most of the guys I speak with are too busy worrying about silly stuff, like why every experiment ever to measure the movement of Earth has concluded it doesn't move...which ironically is precisely what your senses are telling you right now. ...or how when someone tries to measure the curvature of our alleged spheroid they find it's not curved. The trouble with the spinning pear rock model is some people can actually do maths and compare it to what they can witness with their own eyes.

It does help explain why it seems to be imperative to bash children upside the head with their idiotic globes in elementary skool though. Can't have people developing any critical thinking skills where the shape of our planet is concerned.
Meanwhile: Your Duly Elected President, fellow American Patriots and good people from all over the world are currently in the midst of most important battle for Peace, Justice and Freedom to ever take place in American History trying to defeat and de-throne a sick, Satanic, child raping, innocent life destroying, rotten to the core, treasonous, traitorous multi tentacled regime and people are arguing about the shape of the farking planet!

Hello, Mcfly! Anybody home?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
most of the guys I speak with are too busy worrying about silly stuff, like why every experiment ever to measure the movement of Earth has concluded it doesn't move...which ironically is precisely what your senses are telling you right now.
Then why on Earth did you waste your money on an Equatorial mount for your telescope if the Earth doesn't move? The whole point of an Equatorial mount is to compensate for the motion of the Earth when using a telescope.

If the Earth doesn't move, why would you need one? That'd be like me buying a device to compensate for the flat Earth. Ain't happening because I have no need for anything like that. Yet you admit that you need a device designed for a round Earth, despite the fact that you say the Earth ain't round.
sol.PNG

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Who hoo, this is almost as good as the Moon Landing (not) thread.

Half the maps and globes around have Greenland nearly the size of Africa.
Sol, did you notice the Legend on the Mercator map where it says mileage varies with latitude?

alleged tilt = totally different seasons
As Joe said plus there is more atmosphere for light to travel through, thus more attenuation

Sol, where did you learn science?
Just curious...

BF

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You can take a globe and set it outside in the sun. Position it so that your position is on the very top of it and so that the North pole points to true north. Fun thing about doing this, you can see where sunrise and sunset should be for the entire line between direct sunlight and shadow. You can just leave it sit there all day until the sun sets and watch that division approach you.

That would not work on any flat model.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Sol, where did you learn science?
Just curious...

BF
lol Yeah right. Curious? Science is what can be proven, not what can be postulated, guessed at, and propagandized.

You cite joking, mention the moon landing frauds, then wish to denigrate anothers' understanding of science? haha Dude thinks some guys in a plywood and duct tape wreck landed on the moon in 1969.

Love how spinning pear rock believers choose to believe in light refraction and atmospheric lensing ONLY when it suits their purposes. ...cuz ya know Eratosthenes didn't know jack or shit about any of those things when he allegedly "measured" your pear rock. No problem though right?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Love how spinning pear rock believers choose to believe in light refraction and atmospheric lensing ONLY when it suits their purposes.
You couldn't be more wrong. Light refraction is a thing that happens given certain atmospheric conditions. That means that sometimes it's present and sometimes it isn't. The educated part is the ability to tell the difference between the two different times. Kinda like the difference between the two pics of Chicago you posted. With one pic you ignore (or are blind to) the fact the buildings are stretched in the vertical while saying it proves flat Earth.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Why can’t you always see the sun from everywhere? Especially high elevation areas?

Does it make sense that we can see other stars out there but not our own sun at night if the earth is flat and the sun rotates above?

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Science is what can be proven, not what can be postulated, guessed at, and propagandized.
Really?
Give proof, undeniable proof for anything. Just anything. Prove it exists. Prove that it works that way. Prove it. Prove anything. Prove Australia exists.
For all I know all you guys are nothing but artificial intelligent robots playin with my head.

PROVE yer not

BF

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
For all I know all you guys are nothing but artificial intelligent robots playin with my head.
No way man! You're the AI playin' with my head. lol

Does anyone practice Last Thursdayism? Do we have any members of the Church here?

That's the belief that the Universe was created last Thursday, and you can't prove it wasn't, so there! lol :p
http://www.last-thursday.org/ <--- official link

Thursday.PNG