• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

are we starting to get the picture yet regarding crypts/privacy/the future?

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Canadian federal police seek blockade of crypto wallets tied to 'Freedom Convoy'​

by Kollen Post

February 16, 2022, 12:39PM EST · 2 min read​

Canada's Royal Canadian Mounted Police appear to be targeting crypto addresses funding the "Freedom Convoy" protests over vaccine mandates for truckers.
On February 16, several reports said that the RCMP, also known as the mounties, was barring firms registered with FinTrac, Canada's anti-money laundering authority, from transacting with 34 cryptocurrency addresses. FinTrac registration is a requirement for all money services businesses operating in Canada.
A copy of the apparent alert emerged on Twitter the same day.
Neither the RCMP nor FinTrac had responded to The Block's requests for confirmation as of press time. Several compliance officials at FinTrac-registered cryptocurrency firms CoinBerry and CoinSmart had also not returned requests for comment.

BitBuy, another FinTrac-registered exchange, confirmed to The Block that the firm had received the emergency order. Chief compliance officer Torstein Braaten said in a statement, "The possibility that crypto is being used for fund raising makes it relevant to include however the FINTRAC rules already apply to Canadian crypto trading platforms. This regulation does not change what compliant Canadian crypto trading platforms are already doing today with surveillance and reporting."
The order targets "cryptocurrency donations being collected in relation to illegal acts falling under the scope of the Emergency Measures Act." Specifically, that entails 29 bitcoin addresses, as well as individual ether, litecoin, ethereum classic, cardano and monero addresses.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the 1988 Emergencies Act on February 14 for the first time in the law's history. The emergency in question was a rash of protests by truckers, which have blocked off large sections of the Canadian capital Ottawa and the Windsor-Detroit border crossing. On the day of the announcement, police reopened the Ambassador Bridge after clearing protestors, including several arrests.
They began as a reaction to vaccine requirements on the country's truckers but soon expanded to incorporate broad anger at Canada's anti-COVID provisions. Trudeau has blamed the protests on American funders and support.
At the time of the emergency declaration, Trudeau's deputy, Chrystia Freeland, ordered crowdfunding platforms to comply with anti-money laundering provisions. She also spotlit the role of cryptocurrencies.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Already knew it. Old news

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Smart crypto users never use the same address twice. Tying those throw away addresses to a human would be very difficult as well as fruitless.

All this says to me, is use more crypto to fund things the government won't/doesn't approve of and make sure you don't use the same address twice when doing so.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
they have added more coal to the 'crypto is evil' fires,

GLOBAL NEWS

Report: With over $11 billion in criminal crypto wallets, here’s how the future looks​

save-80x80.jpg

Published
31 seconds ago
on
February 17, 2022
By
Anjali Jain
hacker-3342696_1280-1.jpg

Source: Pixabay

News related to cryptocurrency crime has been in abundance for a while, often starving the industry of its legitimacy. However, the same technology also lends it credence due to the accessibility of wallet and transfer information on the blockchain, making it easier for law enforcement officers to do their job. The most recent, and biggest, example of the same has been the arrest of an American couple last week as they allegedly tried to launder Bitcoin worth billions stolen in the 2016 Bitfinex hack.
While the arrest culminated in the seizure of $3.6 billion worth of Bitcoin, a recent report by Chainalysis has found that this is just the tip of the iceberg, as cryptocurrency worth over $10 billion was still being held in wallets owned by illicit actors. It further noted that these addresses can belong to criminal services, like darknet markets, along with private wallets, such as in cases involving stolen funds.

Source: Chainalysis
What’s rather unsurprising is the boost these wallets have received over the past year, with a difference of almost $8 billion between 2020 and 2021. Most of the growth has been seen in stolen funds, as 2021 was marked as the year of DeFi hacks, with scammers taking home a record $14 billion in cryptocurrency, according to Chainalysis’ previous report. Thus, theft can be considered the most lucrative crypto crime, as 93% of the funds in criminal wallets, worth $9.3 billion, could be traced to these activities in 2021.
This was followed by Darknet market funds, which were at $448 million, followed by scams at $192 million, fraud shops at $66 million, and ransomware at $30 million, the report noted.

It further found that those who tended to hold their illicit earnings longest were darknet operators and market vendors, while stolen funds were liquidated the fastest. This has highlighted the importance of speed in investigating crypto crimes, “as criminal funds that have been successfully traced on the blockchain can be liquidated quickly.”

This is especially crucial now since holding times have decreased drastically over the past year across the board, with average holding times in 2021 being at least 75% shorter than the all-time figures in all categories, with Ransomware operators holding funds for an average of just 65 days. “This may be a response to the mounting law enforcement pressure ransomware attackers face,” the report suggested.
It concluded that this availability of data, including time zone analysis and wallet tracking, has made it much easier for blockchain criminals to be brought to justice compared to those using untraceable fiat money, adding,
“Investigation of criminal whales represents a significant opportunity for government agencies around the world to continue their string of successful seizures, and bring to justice the biggest beneficiaries of cryptocurrency-based crime.”
With over $10 billion still up for grabs, the Bitfinex related arrests might just be the beginning of law enforcement’s crackdown on crypto crime.

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
benefits of crypto claims, like the benefits of the vaccine claims, have receded all the way to near zero. so what's left?

vaxxers are down to this -- if you take the vax, you probably wont die

cryptos are down to this -- it went up

between the two of them, there are about a dozen dead-and-buried selling points that have been debunked

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
they have added more coal to the 'crypto is evil' fires,

GLOBAL NEWS

Report: With over $11 billion in criminal crypto wallets, here’s how the future looks​

save-80x80.jpg

Published
31 seconds ago
on
February 17, 2022
By
Anjali Jain
hacker-3342696_1280-1.jpg

Source: Pixabay

News related to cryptocurrency crime has been in abundance for a while, often starving the industry of its legitimacy. However, the same technology also lends it credence due to the accessibility of wallet and transfer information on the blockchain, making it easier for law enforcement officers to do their job. The most recent, and biggest, example of the same has been the arrest of an American couple last week as they allegedly tried to launder Bitcoin worth billions stolen in the 2016 Bitfinex hack.
While the arrest culminated in the seizure of $3.6 billion worth of Bitcoin, a recent report by Chainalysis has found that this is just the tip of the iceberg, as cryptocurrency worth over $10 billion was still being held in wallets owned by illicit actors. It further noted that these addresses can belong to criminal services, like darknet markets, along with private wallets, such as in cases involving stolen funds.

What’s rather unsurprising is the boost these wallets have received over the past year, with a difference of almost $8 billion between 2020 and 2021. Most of the growth has been seen in stolen funds, as 2021 was marked as the year of DeFi hacks, with scammers taking home a record $14 billion in cryptocurrency, according to Chainalysis’ previous report. Thus, theft can be considered the most lucrative crypto crime, as 93% of the funds in criminal wallets, worth $9.3 billion, could be traced to these activities in 2021.
This was followed by Darknet market funds, which were at $448 million, followed by scams at $192 million, fraud shops at $66 million, and ransomware at $30 million, the report noted.

It further found that those who tended to hold their illicit earnings longest were darknet operators and market vendors, while stolen funds were liquidated the fastest. This has highlighted the importance of speed in investigating crypto crimes, “as criminal funds that have been successfully traced on the blockchain can be liquidated quickly.”

This is especially crucial now since holding times have decreased drastically over the past year across the board, with average holding times in 2021 being at least 75% shorter than the all-time figures in all categories, with Ransomware operators holding funds for an average of just 65 days. “This may be a response to the mounting law enforcement pressure ransomware attackers face,” the report suggested.
It concluded that this availability of data, including time zone analysis and wallet tracking, has made it much easier for blockchain criminals to be brought to justice compared to those using untraceable fiat money, adding,

With over $10 billion still up for grabs, the Bitfinex related arrests might just be the beginning of law enforcement’s crackdown on crypto crime.

I want too see the same graph with .gov schemes in the comparison. Now that would be impressive.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
The globalists/communists will not rest until there is a cashless medium of exchange. Doesn't really matter what those financial transactions are, be it crypto, cc, EBT or whatever, as long as it's digital in some form so that every single transaction is recorded. The end game, as I see it, is the ability of .gov and their bankster cronies to freeze/seize your financial assets if you disagree with the Borg. The Freedom Convoy is just the most recent example of financial assets being frozen/seized by the communists.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The attacks on cryptos, like the tying of crypto prices directly to the nasdaq was timed to ensure that it wouldn't be an effective escape hatch when the last little bit of dollar purchasing power was drained. For now there's only PMs to protect oneself from the debasing of the currency.

People that have become accustomed to huge profits while ignoring risk will be sheared, just like the mindless masses that don't understand how the debt dollar system works...or how it can be weaponized against them. Those that are open minded and paying attention to risk/reward cost benefits can come out of this thing way ahead. We're at the start of this thing, where gold and especially platinum are the places to be. Later, silver will be the bees knees...and then I suspect we'll see a violent move upward in cryptos that will shock everyone.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm very close to getting into crypto now that it seems the world pot has gone from simmer to boil. I need to protect the dry powder I have. There's only so much room to store metals and I'm not one to put all my eggs into one basket. Time for me to start reading more from the crypto thread here and learn :2 thumbs up:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Bitcoin is certainly a lot more attractive at 42k than at 72k. People not swapping from crypto to metal then weren't paying attention to risk/reward or valuation ratios. I suspect when the fed actually wheels out their pathetically anemic rate hike strategy next month equity markets, aside from profitless techs, will love it...and eventually so will cryptos.

Meanwhile, I think we're going to see some more US regulations slapped on cryptos as well as more and more dummies stacking ETF and "futures" derivatives to divert funds from cryptos. That will likely result in lower prices in the short term, but then there'll be a tremendous buying opportunity...imo. I could see a retest down to 32/33k...and if that breaks it could get ugly.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Canadian banks are all shutting down... Which looks better ATM?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
...buh...buh...E M P!

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Bitcoin is certainly a lot more attractive at 42k than at 72k. People not swapping from crypto to metal then weren't paying attention to risk/reward or valuation ratios. I suspect when the fed actually wheels out their pathetically anemic rate hike strategy next month equity markets, aside from profitless techs, will love it...and eventually so will cryptos.

Meanwhile, I think we're going to see some more US regulations slapped on cryptos as well as more and more dummies stacking ETF and "futures" derivatives to divert funds from cryptos. That will likely result in lower prices in the short term, but then there'll be a tremendous buying opportunity...imo. I could see a retest down to 32/33k...and if that breaks it could get ugly.
That seems like good advice Sol, I should hire you as my personal crypto consultant. You could work remote and I'd cut you in on a percentage of the profits ! :2 thumbs up:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1645108749607.png

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
every day that goes by reveals more evidence that supports my long-held assertion

crypto = the int'l banker

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I just traded some grass hay for a backhoe bucket.

What is the crypto you speak of?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
crypto = the int'l banker
Peeps here used to say that because the governments were allegedly not attacking bitcoin(they were, but covertly). Now governments overtly attack cryptos and that too is somehow evidence that cryptos are international banksters at work. Ignored, of course, is the fact that bitcoin is precisely the opposite of everything banksters wish.

The bankster dream...open source and deflationary. Uh...no.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Peeps here used to say that because the governments were allegedly not attacking bitcoin(they were, but covertly). Now governments overtly attack cryptos and that too is somehow evidence that cryptos are international banksters at work. Ignored, of course, is the fact that bitcoin is precisely the opposite of everything banksters wish.

The bankster dream...open source and deflationary. Uh...no.
^^^^Now this is the kind of shit right here that's keeping me from getting into crypto. This all makes sense to me but in today's world, only things that don't make sense in the old world make sense in today's world

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^Now this is the kind of shit right here that's keeping me from getting into crypto. This all makes sense to me but in today's world, only things that don't make sense in the old world make sense in today's world
Wait for it to get cheaper, then take a flier. Hell bitcoin is down another 6% just today. It's absurd that it's now seemingly tied to the VIX, but that's what we're seeing. When that correlation ends, bitcoin will surge imo. Hopefully it keeps dropping...I'd start buying some back below 30k myself.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If crypto is private and decentralized, how is it that the Canadian government can do this?

1645130367076.png

If a government can freeze/seize my crypto wallet by simply creating an emergency, then it's no safer from their hands than a bank account and about as safe as a safety depot box at the post office, or so it seems to me

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If crypto is private and decentralized, how is it that the Canadian government can do this?

View attachment 245148

If a government can freeze/seize my crypto wallet by simply creating an emergency, then it's no safer from their hands than a bank account and about as safe as a safety depot box at the post office, or so it seems to me
what did they do? disconnect the power?

how can they do this to private wallets not connected to the internet?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect they're using a bunch of hyperbole to puff themselves up. I've heard of them forcing companies to "blacklist" addresses, but that's not the same as freezing a wallet or seizing anything. It also wouldn't even slow down someone that has a clue how cryptos work, as you'd simply generate a new random send address.

They can't.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what did they do? disconnect the power?

I don't know, that's why I asked. Castro's kid is going full retard now

1645130814498.png

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
reasonable and appropriate she says,

I'll be darned if she doesn't have a different definition of reasonable and appropriate than I do,

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
reasonable and appropriate she says,

I'll be darned if she doesn't have a different definition of reasonable and appropriate than I do,

Lets freeze their assets for peacefully protesting and see how reasonable and appropriate they consider it.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
New meaning to you will own nothing. Not even the money you thought you had in your accounts. Imagine your surprise when you go to pay the IRS only to find a zero balance. I doubt it gets to that this go round.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
communists making steady progress on their crypto agenda

...because national security....KEEP THOSE BORDERS OPEN!....lets see your crypto ma'am.

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They won't go down without a fight.... they have officially announced GAME ON

My father, long gone now, summed up terminal self centeredness as the "Hurray for me and screw you" mentality

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I guess I scrap the bitcoin idea and move more cash into gold. I doubt I'll get burned doing that whereas with crypto, now that .gov will have their hands in it so I can't rest assured they won't just erase it from my portfolio because I was caught jay walking or rendering hate speech on the interwebs

anywoundedduck

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I guess I scrap the bitcoin idea and move more cash into gold. I doubt I'll get burned doing that whereas with crypto, now that .gov will have their hands in it so I can't rest assured they won't just erase it from my portfolio because I was caught jay walking or rendering hate speech on the interwebs
Nothing like sitting on a sunken boat load of silver for peace of mind, IMHO.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Never invest in something you don't believe in...else you're like to make emotional(wrong) decisions later.

I personally think gumbymint goons are massively exaggerating their ability regulate crypto transactions to scare people off. Think about it. The fed has been yacking about this massive workforce that has walked off the wage slave plantation to day trade equities and cryptos. So now they're intentionally crashing the equity markets and crypto markets to get those wage slaves back behind the plow horses.

Your government is tyrannical and corrupt to its very core. They will definitely use their control of the centralized debt dollar scam to punish you for independent thought. Yes gold and silver can protect you, but so can bitcoin...and they know it. So they're chasing you off it by convincing you they can steal it right from your wallet...just like they steal your purchasing power from your checking account.