• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

are we starting to get the picture yet regarding crypts/privacy/the future?

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I guess the biggest question I have right now is, are there any examples that prove governments can relieve one or block one from accessing their crypto?

If so then the ability of the government to control your crypto is confirmed.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Scorp just started a great thread on this topic

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the biggest question I have right now is, are there any examples that prove governments can relieve one or block one from accessing their crypto?

If so then the ability of the government to control your crypto is confirmed.
The question is more complicated than it seems. No, I don't see how they can block someone from accessing their crypto, but they can and do attack one's ability to swap amongst currencies...particularly BTC/USD. They can also get their "private corpse" collaborators to block a particular payment address. The latter is easily addressed by simply generating a new address, the former is a bit more complicated...because exchanges are easy targets. To that I would say the same I would about gold/silver buying. Do not exchange fiats for cryptos you will need to pay bills within the foreseeable future. Then if you do want a simple escape from cryptos, simply use it to buy some PMs online. You can then easily swap those PMs for cash at the local coin shop without any paper trail.

...and cryptos should NEVER EVER be left on exchanges. Buy them and then immediately transmit them to your own wallet with a private key only you control. I've been preaching about this for years. Leaving cryptos on an exchange is like asking someone you don't know, have never met, to hold onto your gold for you. It's freaking stupid...yet millions of people do it anyway, and then blame crypto when they get sheared by a scammy exchange operator.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you bought your crypto from an exchange there must be a record of the purchase or am I wrong? I think the banks want all of the cryto they can get their hands on legally or not. So they threaten the exchanges. You can say you lost your password whatever then they threaten you with crazy high fines and jail time. The govt is not your friend.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
There's a record if you jumped through their KYC hoops. That's why most of the "old skool" crypto people got off the exchanges as soon as the out of control federal regime began forcing "Know Your Customer" dogshit onto the exchange operators. This began several years ago, when people were still insisting the government wasn't attack crypto exchanges.

Now I would probably buy from a private party. I won't comply with government snooping into all of my transactions, but I've not actively stacked any cryptos myself since bitcoin was around 335.

I will tell you this. If you meet up privately with an individual and both parties agree on a price of crypto, there is NOTHING the government can do to block it or track it, provided you never attach your identity to the address used and provided your trading partner does not rat you out. IOW use the address and then toss it away.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There's a record if you jumped through their KYC hoops. That's why most of the "old skool" crypto people got off the exchanges as soon as the out of control federal regime began forcing "Know Your Customer" dogshit onto the exchange operators. This began several years ago, when people were still insisting the government wasn't attack crypto exchanges.

Now I would probably buy from a private party. I won't comply with government snooping into all of my transactions, but I've not actively stacked any cryptos myself since bitcoin was around 335.

I will tell you this. If you meet up privately with an individual and both parties agree on a price of crypto, there is NOTHING the government can do to block it or track it, provided you never attach your identity to the address used and provided your trading partner does not rat you out. IOW use the address and then toss it away.

So it's not as if you are going into the grocery store and paying your bill with crypto in the future. There might come a time if you have a fortune tied up in crypto when you might have to go to a more favorable place.

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
If you meet up privately with an individual

now this is just crap,
only because that is the same it has always been,

if I want to sell a gun, some pm's, a tractor with no .gov tracking or involvement, it has to be done in person.

But, if you are sitting on a hundred grand or a million in crypto, very very few are going to be able to pull that off on a face to face making the whole discussion not material

conversely, if you are talking nickel dime chit for FTF, then it is a 'so what' equation because you are talking peanuts

also, changing crypt for metal at a metal dealer is also traceable, so that option while certainly available and widely used, is not hidden
unless of course doing it in certain ways such as with a local pawn dealer on mutual agreement, etc.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
how can they do this to private wallets not connected to the internet?
Don't mean to offend you if you already know what I'm saying here. A crypto exchange is analogous to a stockbroker. Just like the broker holds your stocks, the exchange hosts a wallet for their customers and most (assumption on my part) crypro buyers use the wallet provided by the exchange. The government can obviously "freeze" any of these wallets the same as with freezing bank accounts. The crypto itself is held in the blockchain, and accessed via the wallet. It is possible to transfer the crypto from an exchange wallet to a private wallet, which is kinda-sorta like stuffing cash in the mattress and out of reach of the government. It's more hassle and I suspect only a minority of crypto buyers do this. And even if the crypto is transferred to a private wallet, it was likely purchased through an exchange and the government can get a record of purchases, then go to your house and threaten your family until you give it all up.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Or get in the wind.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Don't mean to offend you if you already know what I'm saying here. A crypto exchange is analogous to a stockbroker. Just like the broker holds your stocks, the exchange hosts a wallet for their customers and most (assumption on my part) crypro buyers use the wallet provided by the exchange. The government can obviously "freeze" any of these wallets the same as with freezing bank accounts. The crypto itself is held in the blockchain, and accessed via the wallet. It is possible to transfer the crypto from an exchange wallet to a private wallet, which is kinda-sorta like stuffing cash in the mattress and out of reach of the government. It's more hassle and I suspect only a minority of crypto buyers do this. And even if the crypto is transferred to a private wallet, it was likely purchased through an exchange and the government can get a record of purchases, then go to your house and threaten your family until you give it all up.
none EVER taken

what we end up with is that 'government over-reach' bar gets a bit lower, a bit longer and much harsher each and every time, they have the power when we play inside their system

Or get in the wind.
reminds me of this:

1645231967765.png

but going to Canada is no longer an option so i'm switching to this:
1645232006936.png

Mexico now seems more viable

just saying...

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I doubt either of those two would end up being the choices.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
FWIW Just saw some info on Gab by Torba maybe of interest to folks including how not to link e-mail to crypto. QRs work, not hyperlinks.
155c00e9a5cad447.jpeg

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So how much does it cost to get a $100 gift card? You know in fees? Since Bitcoin trades around the clock how can they even price the transaction? For sure you get screwed on the exchange.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
here you go,

for a dicks sporting goods card of 100, it will be 103

but here is the thing, giftcards are pretty much worthless for day to day living,
fees and retailers you don't use, or wouldn't normally use, and for what?

then too, not sure if the next step doesn't also add some fees to it,
this one is just from the cart

other guys should be able to answer this better than I

1.jpg

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I couldn't use crypto to pay for anything currently. Online bills or in person day to day stuff. Who fixes the price at point of sale? I just don't see it working especially with the banking cartel coming up with their own digital currency. They won't give up control.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
there would have to be some things happening to do so,

first would be a base point for pricing that they accept,
we can all find places to look up current prices, but there would have to be one that is considered the standard or accurate price at that moment in time.

once a price for conversion is established and accepted, then you need participants, on both sides
the sellers and buyers need to readily accept it

the cost of the transaction is going to have to be in the neighborhood of less than 3%. People and companies have already proven they can make that number work, as they do it everyday with credit cards and the like.

then speed, the transaction would need to occur in a timely fashion, for both buyer and seller to be satisfied. A transaction taking moments is far different than one that takes a min, 5 min, or more to clear.

so it is a very tall order to go wide use in a society.

it seems that some countries are trying it by issuing a different digital currency, backed by for instance bitcoin. I am assuming this is because of the transactions with the blockchain. Sending up a large block for clearing is a far different thing than sending up millions of tiny transactions. The small transactions cleared by the local digital, then sent up stream for final clearing. No different really than bundling up mortgages and sending them up chain to fannie or freddie, etc.

which brings up the last comment, price stability
a country already doing this was buying bitcoin in the 30k, 40, and even 50k levels, if what we read is correct.

now that that particular one has dropped back to 39k, it changes the metrics for people in country. The value in their account was x, and now it is y on a conversion. Are the people patient enough, intelligent enough, and willing to accept that current volatility and price can be resolved with time?

If I look online and it states I have $100 is savings at xyz bank today, it will say that a month from now, or a year from now.
With the current crypt setup, that isn't possible. You may have $100 SAL's today, but bitcoin has went down, and a month from now it states you have $67 SAL's

What happened if you didn't spend it?

The price of the underlying bitcoin changed, that is what happened. Bitcoin crashed 33% from the initial value when you put it in. You put that money in at bitcoin 60 grand, and bitcoin is now 40,200. Now sure, if you were adding to your stash at lower levels, and it goes up, then the price volatility will work in your favor. Quite well should it happen.

So we ask these .govs, are they eating that volatility, accepting the losses and taking the gains? Where the populace never sees this in their SAL accounts, but it is happening nonetheless.

and sure we can speak to how the fed or the zero or whomever manages that $100 to stay the same, but it really doesn't apply to this discussion.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I couldn't use crypto to pay for anything currently. Online bills or in person day to day stuff. Who fixes the price at point of sale? I just don't see it working especially with the banking cartel coming up with their own digital currency. They won't give up control.
It makes you wonder what the governments have in store for people who hold metals. Right now we are such a tiny percentage of the market compared to stocks and bitcoin I doubt they care. However if there is a huge flight into metals attention will come our way. Hopefully the limited supply of real metals versus paper metals will keep the ruckus down. On the other hand if they ever implement Basil III and reign in the paper market then it could be a game changer. My guess is high taxation vs confiscation.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
It makes you wonder what the governments have in store for people who hold metals. Right now we are such a tiny percentage of the market compared to stocks and bitcoin I doubt they care. However if there is a huge flight into metals attention will come our way. Hopefully the limited supply of real metals versus paper metals will keep the ruckus down. On the other hand if they ever implement Basil III and reign in the paper market then it could be a game changer. My guess is high taxation vs confiscation.

I believe this question has already been answered in the past.

D5BC4530-8A3A-43F5-9EAD-0874453A8A75.jpeg

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I believe this question has already been answered in the past.

View attachment 245401
People willingly turned in their gold then. I think the environment might be a little different now. I rule nothing out. We are now living in the Twilight Zone so anything is possible.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
People willingly turned in their gold then. I think the environment might be a little different now. I rule nothing out. We are now living in the Twilight Zone so anything is possible.
relatively few people turned in their gold to that commie FDR Ava, many of us hold quite a bit of it, currently sitting at the bottom of lakes across the country

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
for a dicks sporting goods card of 100, it will be 103
When you change money into different forms, scrip, PMs, whatever...there's always vigorish.

Always the fee. That's about what I have paid when I overbought into gold, and then had to liquidate some of my stacks. Buy low; sell high; and out of that, you pay the butcher, the baker, the storefront-maker.

Nobody loves to hear that - not even Jesus, who threw the money-changers out of the Temple - but it's an economic reality.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Back then, more people trusted the government.
This is true, how many holders of physical gold will turn their in today? I'm betting not many

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
now this is just crap
Well I've actually done it many times, so yeah. Whatever you need to think is crap is your prerogative. If you take what I said in context, it's clear I was talking about avoiding KYC horseshit, which most here don't know much about. That is the precise question I was addressing. What they know is going to an exchange like Kraken or Coinbase and doxxing themselves to make an account. Finding a trading partner privately doesn't often occur to them.

...and no, billionaires don't deal with this stuff, because in general laws don't apply to them.

Actually fuck this thread, you obviously know all about cryptos now, so you answer the questions.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
here you go,

but here is the thing, giftcards are pretty much worthless for day to day living,
fees and retailers you don't use, or wouldn't normally use, and for what?

View attachment 245387

it looks like El Salvador has found a way to use Bitcoin in day to day transactions since they have adopted BC as the country’s legal tender

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the El Salvador model

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I find this whole subject, a complete joke. 1's & 0's, in a cloud, selling for 1,000 times what gold sells for. Are these people nuts or desperate for a windfall. THERE IS NO VALUE IN 1'S & 0'S !!!
What next, are they going to be selling beach sand for $1,000 a grain ? At least you could "hold it" !:Grrr:
As bad as the fed is, at least you get a piece of paper with ink on it !

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I find this whole subject, a complete joke. 1's & 0's, in a cloud, selling for 1,000 times what gold sells for. Are these people nuts or desperate for a windfall. THERE IS NO VALUE IN 1'S & 0'S !!!
What next, are they going to be selling beach sand for $1,000 a grain ? At least you could "hold it" !:Grrr:

Farts in a jar man where the hell have you been. Market that sheet.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
it looks like El Salvador has found a way to use Bitcoin in day to day transactions since they have adopted BC as the country’s legal tender

Gonna check out some ex pat stuff on YT there must be some Yanks living in El Salvador.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Well I've actually done it many times, so yeah. Whatever you need to think is crap is your prerogative. If you take what I said in context, it's clear I was talking about avoiding KYC horseshit, which most here don't know much about. That is the precise question I was addressing. What they know is going to an exchange like Kraken or Coinbase and doxxing themselves to make an account. Finding a trading partner privately doesn't often occur to them.

...and no, billionaires don't deal with this stuff, because in general laws don't apply to them.

Actually fuck this thread, you obviously know all about cryptos now, so you answer the questions.

Which misses the point totally,
there is nothing new or different about meeting in person to swap crypt for something,
it should actually be quite obvious,

my point was, it has been so in the past, and it will be going foward,
it isn't original or unique to any crypto

that is why I said that,

as for getting pissed and saying what you did,
I will continue to put my opinion out there just as you did
and if your feelings are hurt over that? I can't help you

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

hey spinal,

supposedly it is legal tender,
but they created a new digital wallet in country, that is backed by bitcoin,

it is not actually bitcoin they are using as a 'currency' but a chivo from a article I put up long ago,

the articles also state that the bitcoin volatility does affect their cost of a loaf of bread and the like

that article I put up was from a guy who was actually boots on the ground down there, and it seemed to have street cred

I am on board with them doing it, and trying to extricate themselves from the one world currency regimes of the IMF, WB, USD, BIS, etc.

but with it, as happened to Vene, they are being cut off from the magic money tree of those groups

another thing of interest with El Salvador was supposedly a large portion of their dough moving around is coming from out of country and being sent back to there, much as with a mexican working in the us and sending dough back to mexico. There was supposedly high transaction costs with that, and this move was a way to change how that was being done without losing it altogether.

instead of using western union or whatever they use to send funds back, they could use bitcoin transactions.

a druglord in Miami could send bitcoin home instead of boat loads of usd.

it isn't like they could walk into first national of miami and wire transfer a million back to home base

with chitcoin, they can do it from their bat cave

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Peeps here used to say that because the governments were allegedly not attacking bitcoin(they were, but covertly). Now governments overtly attack cryptos and that too is somehow evidence that cryptos are international banksters at work. Ignored, of course, is the fact that bitcoin is precisely the opposite of everything banksters wish.

The bankster dream...open source and deflationary. Uh...no.

they wanted it, made it grow into something - and made billions, maybe trillions along the way. now the fist comes out of the velvet glove and the end game is being revealed to those with little foresight

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

to be fair Taezz,

some are spending thousands on exactly that with NFT's. or 66 Mustangs, or good grief the dough these fools throw at a split window

look at the dough people are throwing at Colt wheel guns,

it is no different,

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the truckers wish they had gold instead of code

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
they wanted it, made it grow into something - and made billions, maybe trillions along the way. now the fist comes out of the velvet glove

not on board with this type of thought,

don't believe any of that stuff like the 'cia invented it' or it was 'created by the bankers', etc.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
not on board with this type of thought,

don't believe any of that stuff like the 'cia invented it' or it was 'created by the bankers', etc.

the fullness of time will prove one of us correct. imo the pendulum apexed and is coming my way

history shows countries overthrown, millions murdered, financial destructions.....from raising a hand to the int'l bankers' currency and/or monetary system. but this code crap kicked their asses for a decade - while they sat idle? cant even begin to buy that

Last edited:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Gonna check out some ex pat stuff on YT there must be some Yanks living in El Salvador.

this is kind of corny but they did try hard to show what “normal” life is like living off of bitcoin for a week in El Salvador

Max Keiser has some boots on the ground interviews as he and his sidekick ,,Stacy Herbert , are currently in El Salvador and have some good interviews with local leaders and so forth

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I sure would like to get more intel on the whole setup of the thing,

as what I read did not paint a good picture overall, where the .gov power was not being transparent at all, making promises that didn't have the financial backing, etc.

then to also clear up the 'are bitcoin and chivo working in parallel?' Whereas they both are working in the economy

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Don’t Dismiss the Possibility of Gold Confiscation​

https://internationalman.com/articles/the-greatest-threat-to-gold-ownership/

If you hold precious metals in your portfolio, there is a good chance you fear hyperinflation and the crash of fiat currencies.

You probably distrust governments in general and believe they are self-serving and have no interest in your economic well-being. It is likely that your holdings in gold are your lifeline – your hope to get you through these times while holding on to your wealth.

But have you ever given any thought to the possibility of having this lifeline confiscated by the authorities?

In my conversations with friends and associates, I have often raised this question. The typical responses:

“They’d never do that.”

“I’ll deal with that if and when it happens.”

“I just wouldn’t give it to them.”

I consider these “wishful thinking” responses.

It’s an interesting thought that the greatest threat to gold and silver investment might not be the possibility of losing on the speculation, but the government taking it away from you. It’s a thought that I’ve found few want to even think about, let alone discuss.

If you fall into this camp, you’re in good company. Some of the forecasters whom I respect most highly also treat it either as unlikely or at best, “something we may need to look at in the future.” To date, in conversing with top advisors worldwide, the two primary reasons they believe gold will not be confiscated are:

1. “Confiscation would mean the government acknowledges the reality of the value of gold.”
Yes, this is quite so. They would be changing their official view… which, of course, they do all the time. But I submit that all that they need to do is put the proper spin on it.
  1. “They would meet greater resistance than they did back in ’33.”
I expect that this is also true, but that a plan will be put in place to deal with that resistance.

We’ll address both of these assertions in more detail shortly, but first, a bit of history.

In 1933, Franklin Roosevelt came into office and immediately created the Emergency Banking Act, which demanded that all those who held gold (other than personal jewelry) turn it in to approved banks. Holders were given less than a month to do this. The government then paid them $20.67 per ounce – the going rate at the time. Following confiscation, the government declared that the new value of gold was $35.00. In essence, they arbitrarily increased the value of their newly purchased asset by 69%. (This alone is reason enough to confiscate.)

Today, the US government is in much worse shape than it was in 1933, and it has much more to lose. The US dollar is the default currency of the world, but it’s on the ropes, which means the US economic power over the rest of the world is on the ropes.

I think that readers will agree that they will do anything to keep from losing this all-important power.

The US government has essentially run out of options. At some point, the fiat currencies of the First World will collapse, and some other form of payment will be necessary. Yes, the IMF is hoping to create a new default currency, but that, too, is to be a fiat currency. If any country were to produce a gold-backed currency in sufficient supply, that currency would likely become the desired currency worldwide. Fractional backing would be expected.

As most readers will know, the Chinese, Indians, Russians, and others see the opportunity and are building up their gold reserves quickly and substantially. If these countries were to agree to introduce a new gold-backed currency, there can be little doubt that they would succeed in changing the balance of world trade.

That said, the US government is watching these countries just as we are, and they are aware of the threat of gold to them.

The US government ostensibly has approximately 8,200 tonnes of gold in Fort Knox, although this may well be partially or completely missing. Additionally, it ostensibly holds a further 5,000 tonnes of gold in the cellar of the New York Federal Reserve building. Again, there is no certainty that it is there. In general, the authorities don’t seem to like independent audits.

In fact, there are rumors that the above vaults are nearly or completely empty and that the above quoted figures exist only on paper rather than in physical form. While there is no way to know this for sure, it’s not out of the question.

Either way, if the US and the EU could come up with a large volume of gold quickly, they could issue a gold-backed currency themselves. It’s a simple equation: The more gold they have = the more backed notes they can produce = the more power they continue to hold. By seizing upon the private supply of their citizens, they would increase their holdings substantially in short order.

Either that or they could just give up their dominance of world trade and power… What would you guess their choice would be?

It is entirely possible that the US government (and very likely the EU) has already made a decision to confiscate. They may have carefully laid out the plan and have set implementation to coincide with a specific gold price.

So how would this unfold? Let’s imagine a fairly extreme scenario and ask ourselves if it could be pulled off effectively:

• The evening news programs announce that the economic recovery is being hampered by wealthy private investors who, by hoarding gold, are skewing the value of the dollar and threatening the middle and poorer classes. The little man is being made to suffer while the rich get richer. A press campaign to equate gold ownership with greed ensues.

• The government announces the Second Emergency Banking Act, advising the public that “the first EBA was instituted by FDR to solve this same problem during the Great Depression. This act was instrumental in helping the little man ‘recover.'” (As the average man on the street doesn’t know his history nor how wrong this statement is, he’ll believe it. Besides, the announcement has a “feel-good” message, and that’s all that matters.)

• Possessors of gold, who make up a small minority of the population, would become pariahs. It won’t matter that the guy who owns two gold Maple Leafs is not exactly a greedy, rich man. No one will wish to be seen as resisting confiscation. Neither will they wish to go to prison for resisting, no matter how remote the possibility.

• The US pays for the gold in US dollars, which are rapidly headed south. Yes, the Fed will need to print more fiat dollars in order to pay them off, but this suits their purpose, as it inflates the dollar even more. Those who have turned in their gold will do whatever they can to unload the US dollars as quickly as possible and will need to find another investment at a time when there are very few trustworthy investments other than gold. The stock market would likely rise, showing the public how the gold confiscation program is “working.”

• One last scary possibility: The government demands that gold is turned in immediately and that settlement will occur following confiscation. After confiscation, it announces that, as there has been such a large number of cases of rich people ripping off the little man, processing them all could take months, possibly even a year or more. A further announcement states that some investors have made an unreasonable profit on the backs of the poor and that they should not be granted this profit. This profit must be returned to the people. (You can almost hear the cheers of the people.) Then it sets about making assessments. The bureaucrats find that most investors do not have formal, acceptable receipts for every coin in their possession. So if you paid $1,200 for a Krugerrand a couple of years ago, you get paid $1,200. If you bought it at $250 in 1999, you get paid $250. But if you have no receipt in an acceptable form, you get a “fair,” median payment, say, $500, regardless of when you bought it.

• Appeals: Each investor will be allowed up to one year to appeal the decision of the Treasury as to what is owed him. Of course, the investor knows that the dollar is sinking rapidly and that he would be wise to shut up and take what he is being offered.

Again, this hypothetical scenario is an extreme one. The reader is left to consider just how likely or unlikely this scenario is and what that would mean to his wealth.

But bear this in mind: If the above scenario were to take place soon, the average citizen would have mixed feelings. They would be glad that the “evil rich” had been taken down a peg, but they would worry about the idea of the government taking things by force, because they might be next. It would therefore be in the government’s interests to implement confiscation only after the coming panic sets in – after the next crash in the market, after it becomes plain to the average citizen that this really is a depression and he really is in big trouble. Then he will be only too glad to see the “greedy rich” go down, and he won’t care about the details.

As terrible as the thought is, it seems unlikely to me that the government will not confiscate gold, as they have little to lose and so much to gain.

Those who own gold would prefer to think that this cannot happen, but they have quite a lot riding on that hope and precious little evidence to support it.

It is entirely possible that this scenario will not take place, just as it is possible that confiscation will not take place. The purpose of this article is to spark some serious discussion – both for and against the possibility.

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Use crypto or don't use crypto.... your choice.
But whatever you choose....
End the Fed!

EtF.jpg

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The question is more complicated than it seems. No, I don't see how they can block someone from accessing their crypto, but they can and do attack one's ability to swap amongst currencies...particularly BTC/USD. They can also get their "private corpse" collaborators to block a particular payment address. The latter is easily addressed by simply generating a new address, the former is a bit more complicated...because exchanges are easy targets. To that I would say the same I would about gold/silver buying. Do not exchange fiats for cryptos you will need to pay bills within the foreseeable future. Then if you do want a simple escape from cryptos, simply use it to buy some PMs online. You can then easily swap those PMs for cash at the local coin shop without any paper trail.

...and cryptos should NEVER EVER be left on exchanges. Buy them and then immediately transmit them to your own wallet with a private key only you control. I've been preaching about this for years. Leaving cryptos on an exchange is like asking someone you don't know, have never met, to hold onto your gold for you. It's freaking stupid...yet millions of people do it anyway, and then blame crypto when they get sheared by a scammy exchange operator.

People got used to it leaving their stocks with their brokers. That theft has been far more sophisticted and hidden.