• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

ARK Funds

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
There is seriously considerable ado about the various ARK funds and for good reasons based upon their recent .performance. In the past I have seen various hot funds leading the pack for short periods of time and sometimes long periods; Peter Lynch formerly of Fidelity comes to mind on the long term winners. On the short time the Janus funds come to mind when Jim Craig was mainly in charge of the show. I for one fully admit I can say with no certainty what will or will not be in the market but will admit the lady that runs the ARK funds has some very interesting points that she discusses in her broadcasts. This one is from last weekend I found very interesting. I personally put a few dollars into her ARKK and her ARKG funds just for the fun of it and will see what happens. I do disagree with some of her past remarks that phoo-phoo index investing because while she says indexers will be exposed to the old economy losers she forgets that the stocks she picks are in the index as well leading to the purpose of index investing being a well diversified portfolio of todays hottest growth stocks balanced with todays best value stocks. Have a look though and hear what she has to say. She makes a lot of sense to me but I have to temper it with the remembrances of how I felt the same way right before the dot com bust. Worth mentioning as well is that her funds are heavily invested in Tesla. DYOD

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I’ve listened to a bunch of her talks and interviews. She is knowledgeable, articulate and passionate about what she does. It’s always a pleasure to listen to her speak about what she sees going on.

I find myself drinking the ark Kool-Aid often. There is a big community of what I call “Ark Watchers” that will go on YouTube or forums and breakdown and analyze nearly every single move ark makes... Ark utilizes social media quite well.

I’m all in on ark, literally. Half my portfolio is $ARKK and the other half is $ARKG. I’m up about 12% from the start of the very end of December 2020.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
11% in Tesla and biggest position. Pass.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Tesla will expand into utilities. The utilities market is even bigger than automotive.

Our infrastructure is outdated so this should be a very big success. #ARKK

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Tesla will expand into utilities. The utilities market is even bigger than automotive.

Our infrastructure is outdated so this should be a very big success. #ARKK

Oh yeah, utilities trade with a P/E of like 8. That'll be great for their business, though it should actually make some money.

WOW... That video, after I finally got it to play, is way worse than I expected. Good for a laugh though. I definitely need to get back on that short soon.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
You like the mRNA vaccines? Cause you like CRISPR tech then. And while the idea may have been decent I think our understanding is still too primative and the results are almost always horrific.

We are headed that way no matter what, money should be on something that will grow. Too early? Hopefully the bigger the prize at the end. I can wait a long time, I’m in my 30s.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That solar business was a takeover by Tesla because it was failing. Not Tesla, Elon saved it to cover up his failure.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
These days remind me of the Dot.com bubble a heck of a lot. Course I was just a young pup back then and had no real clue what I was doing. Happened to buy my first 10 bagger and actually sold it on the day of the peak. I proceeded to lose most all of it back and more on my way to owning 0.01% of a company that just about went out of business. Some different tones today as this is very much retail driven and back then it was still almost all professionals in the game.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
One old saying
"If you buy a product you use every day, buy some of its stock too."...
At least you know that there's a market for their product...

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've traded ARKK and ARKG.
Currently trading BNGO, NNDM, and SURF.
The $5-20 ARK stocks are volatile, but downside is limited because one of the largest funds in the world AND kool aid drinkers like me will buy the dips.
Sell covered calls way out of the money and hope I get assigned for a 50% share price appreciation, plus a fat premium.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just looking at some really weak alternative energy companies and this is unreal. I'll take Plug power as an example. They make fuel cell systems and have been around since I was in college studying these things. They did a huge run up in the .com bubble and look to be repeating. But they haven't grown much and just kinda hang around.

The stock was down 10% on Friday but still sports a huge 28.15 Billion market cap. That market cap at the end of 2019, < 1 Billion. And that's with only 14% of shares short.

1610904190021.png

1610904228510.png

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a tad overbought, huh?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Ark will be coming out with a space etf $ARKX

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ark will be coming out with a space etf $ARKX

(I love how much I learn here at GIM.)

Based on ARK's past performance I think people will be piling into this ETF. If that is the case, get in right away and ride the BIG BUY.

Do you have a link with the press release? A go-live date?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Do you have a link with the press release? A go-live date?

Not exactly. But it’s coming, they filed the paperwork and it takes 75 days for it to happen I think.

Whatever stocks they put big weighting’s on will rise. I’m 99% sure of that. The only question is what will they pick? The whole sector has risen based on the news and it’s not even here yet.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
5 Stocks That Could Benefit From ARK’s Planned Space ETF

BARRON'S NEWSLETTERS
The Barron's Daily
A morning briefing on what you need to know in the day ahead, including exclusive commentary from Barron's and MarketWatch writers.
I would also like to receive updates and special offers from Dow Jones and affiliates. I can unsubscribe at any time.
I agree to the Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

im-285266

Space is cold, but space investing is heating up. Space-linked stocks are rocketing higher Wednesday because a well-known Tesla bull has turned her gaze upward.
ARK Invest, founded by technology disruption guru Cathie Wood, is planning a new exchange-traded fund focused on space stocks, based on filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Wood, for her part, runs the ARK Innovation ETF (ticker: ARKK). Tesla (TSLA) is the fund’s largest position, which helped the ETF post strong 2020 performance. The ETF rose almost 150% this past year as Tesla stock tacked on more than 740%, and it brought in roughly $11 billion of cash from investors in 2020, according to Bloomberg data.
Now the space industry looks ripe for its own surge in investor interest—in part because of Tesla founder Elon Musk, who also runs spacecraft and rocket manufacturer SpaceX. The company has pioneered the use of reusable rockets, driving down the cost of reaching low-earth orbit. Those falling costs are opening up opportunities for companies looking at new satellite-based services and other business models. SpaceX itself is planning to eventually offer high-speed, space-based internet access across the globe.

SpaceX is private, so ARK’s space ETF won’t be able to buy shares of that firm just yet. But it can buy several others, and the potential demand from a new ETF had many space stocks moving Thursday.
Virgin Galactic (SPCE) and Stable Road Acquisition (SRAC), two pure-play space stocks, rallied 20% and 26%, respectively.
Galactic is pioneering space tourism and plans to invest in hypersonic travel—that’s travel at multiples of the speed of sound. Stable Road is a SPAC merging with Momentus, which is best described as a space-logistics company. It plans to put assets in space that can ferry cargo and satellites to higher orbits and even, potentially, the moon.
Satellite stocks were also rising in midmorning trading on Thursday. Cheaper satellites could help companies develop new business models, although some of the potential services likely haven’t been invented yet. Stock in satellite-services provider Maxar Technologies (MAXR) closed up 20% Thursday following the ETF news.

Even defense conglomerates are reacting to the news. Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Northrop Grumman (NOC) rose 0.6% and 1.2%, respectively. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average, for comparison, finished down 0.4% and 0.2%, respectively.

Lockheed and Northrop both have space-launch businesses. Lockheed announced plans to buy rocket maker Aerojet Rocketdyne (AJRD) in December. Aerojet stock was flat Thursday, trading at around the price Lockheed plans to pay.
Northrop purchased Orbital ATK back around 2018
Lockheed and Northrop are defense giants, with a combined market capitalization of about $150 billion, while the fledgling space industry is still relatively small. Maxar, Virgin Galactic and Stable Road—based on Momentus shares outstanding after the merger is complete—have a combined market cap of about $14 billion.
It is early in what could be a new era for space and space investors. And while falling costs are adding to the buzz, the Space Force, the seventh branch of the U.S. military, as well as NASA’s plan to go back to the moon and eventually to Mars isn’t hurting investor sentiment either.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/ar...a-space-etf-the-sector-is-soaring-51610647775

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
JAN 19, 2021 10:52AM EST

Looking today at week-over-week shares outstanding changes among the universe of ETFs covered at ETF Channel, one standout is the ARKK ETF (Symbol: ARKK where we have detected an approximate $1.5 billion dollar inflow -- that's a 7.2% increase week over week in outstanding units (from 144,200,000 to 154,600,000. The chart below shows the one year price performance of ARKK, versus its 200 day moving average:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/arkk:-large-inflows-detected-at-etf-2021-01-19

:blond:

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BNGO sold off about 12% after dilution.
Good opportunity to accumulate.
I sold $8 Feb puts, which stock price is just above right now. So I may get assigned, which I would actually be happy with.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, the premium on the feb $8 put was 18% of the strike price... which is why I'm happy if I get assigned.
Stock would have to drop below $6.56 for me to lose money.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks for the data points. But I am not in the markets, so please make it simpler for me to understand. This is what I think you wrote: You sold the right to buy, from you, some number of shares of BNGO for $8 in February. You collected 18% of the $8 immediately. If the share price stays above $8, your buyers won't bother to collect. If the price goes under $8, they will assert their positions and you will have to make up the difference. Is this right?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah I have calls understood, not the puts yet.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the data points. But I am not in the markets, so please make it simpler for me to understand. This is what I think you wrote: You sold the right to buy, from you, some number of shares of BNGO for $8 in February. You collected 18% of the $8 immediately. If the share price stays above $8, your buyers won't bother to collect. If the price goes under $8, they will assert their positions and you will have to make up the difference. Is this right?

Yeah, that's exactly it.

Stock price was somewhere in the mid $9 something range when I sold the put on Tuesday. I immediately collected $144 cash in premium ($1.44 per share for 100 shares). After market close they announced the share offering (dilution) so stock dropped 12% this morning.

If the stock is below $8 on Feb 19th, I am obligated to buy 100 shares at $8. If stock is above $8, it expires worthless and I keep my $144.
I am required to keep $800 cash on hand incase the option is exercised.

$1.44 is 18% of $8... so the way I look at it, I get an 18% monthly return right up front.

The risk is if the stock drops well below $8, then my $800 has become less than $800, same as if I owned the shares.
But since I already collected $144, my actual risk is $656, or $6.56 per share.

That sort of fat premium is only found in very volatile stocks.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The other side of the trade is the guy BUYING the put from me. He is willing to risk $144 on the chance the stock will be below $8 on Feb 19.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a pretty clear, concise explanation of selling puts.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
3 Space Stocks Rocketing Higher on Ark’s Space Ambitions
Luke Lango

Ark Invest operates the largest actively managed exchange-traded fund in the world. It’s CEO and CIO, Catherine Wood, is considered this era’s Warren Buffett, and has led the firm’s flagship ETF — the Ark Innovation ETF (NYSE:ARKK) — to a whopping 170% return over the past year. So, when news broke that Wood and Ark Invest would be launching a new space exploration ETF under the ticker “ARKX,” space stocks naturally jumped.
And not by a little — by a whole bunch. This makes complete sense.
In the bigger picture, the new ARKX space exploration ETF is just one reason in an increasingly long list of reasons why space stocks are some of the best stocks to buy in 2021. Other reasons public investor interest in space will increase significantly include the following: a flurry of space company initial public offerings (IPOs) over the next 12 months, multiple successful flights from SpaceX and others drumming up mainstream enthusiasm, and technological advancements in 5G and AI unlocking new capabilities in this still very nascent industry.

With that in mind, let’s take a look at my three favorite space stocks to buy this year:
  • Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE)
  • Maxar Technologies (NYSE:MAXR)
  • Momentus (NASDAQ:SRAC)
Space Stocks to Buy: Virgin Galactic (SPCE)
d655a0cace1aeef149eab78a0fa595a5

Virgin Galactic (SPCE) billboard on the New York Stock Exchange, across from the Fearless Girl statue. aerospace stocks
Source: Tun Pichitanon / Shutterstock.com
The first name on this list of space stocks to buy in 2021 is commercial spaceflight leader Virgin Galactic.
You may have heard of Virgin Galactic as one of the leading companies behind commercializing space tourism, e.g. flying rich clients into space. Demand for such a service is very clearly robust, since wealthy folks like to “do it all,” and space is the one thing that no one — excluding a handful of astronauts — has been able to do yet.
The only question here, then, is supply. Can Virgin Galactic actually build a safe, operable commercial spaceflight service to supply all that demand?
It increasingly appears that the answer is “yes.” The company staged multiple successful test flights in 2020, and even though it’s most recent test-flight triggered a “fail-safe” scenario, the pilots and spacecraft executed flawlessly in that fail-safe scenario.
Management continues to tout 2021 as the year that they will fly the company’s Chairman, Richard Branson, into space. I think this is totally doable. If that does happen, it will be a huge step forward in Virgin Galactic turning its commercial spaceflight vision into a reality.
Once that space tourism business scales, it could be a multi-billion-dollar revenue business with hundreds of millions of dollars — and maybe even close to a billion dollars — in profits. That’s enough growth potential to make SPCE stock a great long-term investment.
Maxar Technologies (MAXR)
e633c833fecd073425a63db4224e1501

A SpaceX spacecraft docking at the International Space Station.
Source: Shutterstock
Second on this list of space stocks to buy in 2021 in Maxar Technologies. The bull thesis on MAXR stock breaks down into three parts:
First, Maxar is an industry veteran that’s been around since Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. That means the company has a ton of expertise in all things space related. And sports robust space infrastructure production capacity and a huge existing satellite network that is already rotating the Earth. The company will rely heavily on these incumbent advantages to grow with the booming space industry over the next 10 years.
Second, the company is better now than ever before. That is, a few years back, Maxar was a heavily indebted company spread too thinly across too many projects. Ultimately, this caused the company to lose a big satellite in early 2019. But, over the past 12 months, Maxar has down-sized its operations, paid down debt and focused the business model around its strengths: Earth Intelligence and Space Infrastructure.
Third, huge investment into 5G and autonomous driving technology will propel big demand for Maxar’s space-tech solutions over the next few years. On the 5G front, Maxar’s Space Infrastructure business will get a big boost as companies pour money into building out non-terrestrial 5G networks. Meanwhile, autonomous driving technology requires granular, 30-centimeter imaging data — the likes of which only Maxar can produce thanks to its existing constellation of imaging satellites. Demand for this granular imaging data will explode higher over the next decade.

Net net, MAXR stock is a solid, well-established and well-rounded play on the burgeoning Space Economy.
Momentus (SRAC)
a8aa8d71e80cc1ddb0c3f1a24a1802f6

Visualization of the communication network around Earth. communications stocks
Source: NicoElNino / Shutterstock.com
Last, but not least, on this list of space stocks to buy in 2021 is Momentus, which is coming public via special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Stable Road (NASDAQ:SRAC).
I like to think of Momentus as a space mobility company. It builds what are called “transfer vehicles,” which enable devices to move throughout space. These transfer vehicles help satellites — once detached from the main rocket — get into their final destination orbits, switch between orbits and return to a spaceship.
Momentus is essentially building the technology upon which things move in space — and they are the best in the world at doing this.
Its transfer vehicles are built on the back of a patented and proprietary water plasma propulsion technology platform that is the cheapest and most efficient mechanism for maneuvering in space. This innovative propulsion platform is highly scalable (engine efficiency increases with size), throttleable (you can vary thrust to optimize trip time), safe (it’s based on water, which is as low-risk as it gets), and cost-effective (it’s built on a simple design that uses low-cost, off-the-shelf components).
Thanks to this breakthrough tech, Momentus has been tapped by SpaceX as its transfer vehicle supplier. That’s a big deal. But it’s also just the beginning. Because in the long run, Momentus has an opportunity to emerge as a foundational technology platform for space mobility.
Naturally, SRAC stock has huge upside potential as the Space Economy comes to life in the 2020s.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-space-stocks-rocketing-higher-174429010.html

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not exactly. But it’s coming, they filed the paperwork and it takes 75 days for it to happen I think.

I can't find anything online suggesting a date.

Let's all keep our eyes and ears open for a launch date. I want to be in first thing on day 1.

I get the idea that everyone is trying to buy individual stocks in anticipation of big buys from ARK. I think this is short term speculation. I am looking more at long term growth.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Banking on Space Exploration with an ARK Invest Space ETF
20 Jan 2021 | by: Kirsteen Mackay

ARK-Invest-Space-ETF-18-01-21-Hero-v1.jpg

We wrote last month that the Space industry looks to be on an exciting trajectory for investment. It seems we’re not wrong. On January 14, ARK Invest filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to launch a Space focussed exchange traded fund (ETF) under the ticker ARKX. ARK is operated by prominent fund manager Cathie Wood and at the cutting edge of disruptive innovation.
Speculation drives stock prices higher
As soon as word of this filing hit, Space stocks were surging purely on speculation. None of the companies likely to be in the ETF have yet been confirmed, but investors are happy to take a punt and Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE) proved one of the most popular.
Adobe Stock Space Image
The rising popularity of Cathie Wood and Chamath Palihapitiya
Cathie Wood has shot to fame in the past twelve months and now loyal investors watch her moves carefully for hints of the next big thing and a potentially lucrative stock to buy. Meanwhile, fellow visionary Chamath Palihapitiya is a venture capitalist and owner of Social Capital. He too has shot to prominence over the past year and between them they’ve got investors globally hanging off their every tweet.

Chamath’s company Social Capital aims to advance humanity by solving the world’s hardest problems. This is a massive undertaking but a compelling way to invest and one that resonates with many young investors. ARK Invest’s funds follow a similar vein because they are investing in the companies most likely to disrupt the current way of life and change the future for the better. The two often go hand in hand, with ARK investing in Social Capital’s company launches.
Social Capital uses a process known as blank check investing. It creates a publicly listed company, then merges with a real-world company in an alternative to an initial public offering (IPO). For example, Social Capital created a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) called IPOA, which it then merged with Virgin Galactic and the ticker symbol became SPCE. Investors that bought into IPOA before the merger automatically had their shares converted to SPCE shares.
Chamath personally invested $100 Million in Virgin Galactic and is Chairman of its board. ARK Invest also invested in Virgin Galactic, so there is a shared vision between these two big players and it’s worth paying attention to.
SPACs were huge in 2020 and Chamath has become known as the King of SPACs. Through this time, he’s made himself and many of his followers’ considerable riches. Recent headlines even question whether he’s the modern-day Warren Buffett. It should be noted Chamath recently sold 38% (US$98m) of his Virgin Galactic stock to free up liquidity and his ability to invest in further acquisitions.
Rocketing returns
Space exploration and infrastructure projects are expected to be a booming revenue play for savvy investors in the coming years. This move by ARK invest reinforces this belief with clout and it’s likely to prove very popular with investors nervous about investing in individual Space stocks, which are prone to high volatility.
ETFs are generally considered less risky than buying individual stocks because the risk is spread among the basket of stocks held in the fund. In theory this means the reward is unlikely to be as sensational as buying shares in one runaway stock. Nevertheless, ARK funds have enjoyed record returns this year with its ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK) posting a 152% return in 2020.
ETFs currently run by ARK include:
  • ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK)
  • ARK Genomic Revolution ETF (ARKG)
  • ARK Next Generation Internet ETF (ARKW)
  • ARK Fintech Innovation ETF (ARKF)
  • ARK Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF (ARKQ)
  • ARK Israel Innovative Technology ETF (IZRL)
  • ARK 3D Printing ETF (PRNT)
ARK’s Space ETF filing
The SEC filing explains that the fund will invest primarily (at least 80% of its assets) in domestic and foreign equities involved in Space Exploration and innovation. That covers companies that are leading, enabling, or benefitting from technologically enabled products and/or services that occur beyond the surface of the Earth.
The principal investment strategy of ARK’s Space ETF will cover four overarching categories:
Orbital Aerospace Companies which includes companies that launch, make, service, or operate satellites or launch vehicles.
Suborbital Aerospace Companies which includes drones, air taxis and electric aviation vehicles.
Enabling Technologies Companies create the technologies that add value to aerospace operations, including artificial intelligence, robotics, 3D printing, materials and energy storage.
Aerospace Beneficiary Companies stand to benefit from aerospace activities, including agriculture, internet access, global positioning system (GPS), construction and imaging.
Which companies will ARK’s Space ETF contain?
At the time of writing Iridium Communications Inc (NASDAQ: IRDM) is 3.33% of Ark Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF (BATS: ARKQ), while Aerovironment (NASDAQ: AVAV) is 2.45% and Virgin Galactic (NYSE: SPCE) is 2%.
Therefore, some of these would be likely contenders for the Space ETF.
Some of the Space related stocks that rose on news of the impending ETF, such as Virgin Galactic were obvious. But others were a bit of a surprise. The news boosted the shares of three SPACs, namely VG Acquisition (NASDAQ:VGAC), New Providence Acquisition (NASDAQ:NPA) and Stable Road Acquisition (NASDAQ:SRAC).
For Space buffs in the know, this wouldn’t have been such a surprise. VG Acquisition, is owned by Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin Galactic. It’s not yet formally identified its acquisition target, but speculation is rife. Hopeful investors believe it might be the vehicle used to bring Virgin Orbit or Virgin Hyperloop public. Either of these acquisitions could be a potential addition to the ARKX ETF.
New Providence has already identified AST SpaceMobile as its acquisition target. This company plans to build the world’s first mobile telephone network in space. Meanwhile, Stable Road plans to merge with Momentus, a Space infrastructure company.
In addition to these SPACs and Virgin Galactic, American defense contractor Aerovironment (AVAV) saw its share price appreciate 30% in response to the ETF news. This was the same day it announced an agreement to acquire Arcturus UAV, a leader in military unmanned aircraft systems, providing two reasons for investors to snap up Aerovironment stock.
The following also saw their share prices surge in response to the news:
  • Maxar Technologies Inc (NYSE: MAXR)
  • Globalstar, Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN: GSAT)
  • ORBCOMM Inc (NASDAQ: ORBC)
  • Loral Space & Communications Inc (NASDAQ: LORL)
  • ViaSat, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT)
Speculation on SpaceX
Another Space company garnering constant speculation and interest is Elon Musk’s SpaceX. While SpaceX is still privately owned it can’t be included in the fund, but if it were ever to go public then it would surely be a hot contender. Cathie Wood is a massive Tesla bull and her conviction on the stock, which goes back years, has paid off handsomely in 2020. Even in 2021 she remains confident that Tesla will continue to do well far into the future.
ARKs success is a double-edged sword. In December, ARK took in nearly $6.8 billion in new assets but many of the start-ups and small caps it invests in can’t cope with more than a small investment. This means it must distribute its ETF holder’s cash into bigger companies that may not offer such sensational returns.
ARKs eclectic team of analysts have a wildly varied background from cancer research to artificial intelligence, gaming, healthcare and even sailing. This seems to help them remain focussed on the cutting edge of disruptive innovation. This may support them in keeping their finger on the pulse of money making opportunities far into an intergalactic future.
https://www.valuethemarkets.com/202...-an-ark-invest-space-etf/#:~:text=It seems we

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I added a position on Tesla. 45% arkk 45% arkg, 10% Tesla.

A lot of these EV companies are going to go out of business, only a few will make it. If Tesla isn’t making it, then what is? lol. I’m very bullish over the next decade for Tesla.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi has plowed up to $1 million into bullish bets on Tesla stock

https://markets.businessinsider.com...on-call-options-tesla-stock-2021-1-1029998372

As much as I despise this woman, I’m positive that this is a bullish sign for Tesla.

From the linked article "Pelosi now has a financial interest in Tesla's success, even as she's poised to play a key role in passing green initiatives that stand to help the automaker." making it a more than likely sure thing with her being an insider on it all.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Reflecting on the above one might do better by picking a few individual selections from the funds to invest in rather than the funds themselves. There is a reasoning that when funds get too big they can not adequately maneuver their holdings without disturbing the actual market thus hampering their total returns. Whether this could or couldn't happen to ARK remains to be seen because I certainly don't know one way or the other. I do however hold some shares that are in the funds. I didn't buy them because they were in the funds and just bought them independently however I do now recognize why some of the stocks have gone up so fast now with no apparent reasoning that I could find out. I have some Nano Dimensions doubled in price between now and last December for no reason that I can see other than it got out that ARK was buying shares. High reward for sure but don't forget high reward stocks generally carry significant risks but, on that Tesla thing with Pelosi in on it, I might buy some myself. "If you can't beat them join them" as they always say.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
And so Nancy is investing in Tesla...

Biden Wants to Replace U.S. Fleet Vehicles with American-Made EVs
The President announced the plan for the federal government's fleet during an expansion of the ”Buy American” act executive-order press conference.

president-joe-biden-signs-an-executive-order-related-to-news-photo-1611617040.

DREW ANGERERGETTY IMAGES
  • As part of a press conference about an executive order regarding the expansion of the “Buy American” act of 1933, President Biden said that the federal government's fleet of vehicles will be replaced with clean electric vehicles.
  • The fleet replacement portion of the news conference is part of a campaign promise Biden made while running for president.
  • As of 2019, the federal government has over 645,000 vehicles in its fleet, so it’s likely going to take years for a full replacement to happen.
BIDEN AND THE CAR INDUSTRY

What the Biden Administration Could Mean for Us

Biden to Work toward More EVs, Stable Car Industry

Will Biden Presidency Bring EVs to Mainstream?

As part of his campaign, President Joe Biden announced a plan to replace the gas-powered federal fleet of vehicles with EVs. Today he announced that the pledge will become a reality during a press conference regarding an executive order to expand the “Buy American” act.
At the announcement of the executive order, he noted that “the federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles, which we're going to replace with clean electric vehicles made right here in America, by American workers.” For U.S. automakers that have invested heavily in electrification, as GM has, this is great news.
Biden said the electrification of the fleet would create jobs for autoworkers and that it would be “the largest mobilization of public investment in procurement infrastructure and R&D since World War Two.”
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35313537/biden-us-fleet-evs/0

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reflecting on the above one might do better by picking a few individual selections from the funds to invest in rather than the funds themselves. There is a reasoning that when funds get too big they can not adequately maneuver their holdings without disturbing the actual market thus hampering their total returns. Whether this could or couldn't happen to ARK remains to be seen because I certainly don't know one way or the other. I do however hold some shares that are in the funds. I didn't buy them because they were in the funds and just bought them independently however I do now recognize why some of the stocks have gone up so fast now with no apparent reasoning that I could find out. I have some Nano Dimensions doubled in price between now and last December for no reason that I can see other than it got out that ARK was buying shares. High reward for sure but don't forget high reward stocks generally carry significant risks but, on that Tesla thing with Pelosi in on it, I might buy some myself. "If you can't beat them join them" as they always say.

Yeah, NNDM has been on fire. I have some shares, up 100-200% on most of it.
They've raised a lot of money and are talking big about acquisitions, but nothing substantial.
The most interesting thing I think is an exec from Lockheed sits on the board - perfect for defense industry to be able to print their own circuits, rather than having China manufacture the circuits for our weaponry.

Holding the individual shares also bypasses the fees, I think around 0.75%

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I have some INMD that she holds in her IZRL fund. It is a minimally invasive plastic surgery company that was doing fairly well before the covid thing. It continues to have rising earnings that I find sort of unique in a way being many of her selections are not profitable as of yet. Knock on wood it has worked out for me so far but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
From the linked article "Pelosi now has a financial interest in Tesla's success, even as she's poised to play a key role in passing green initiatives that stand to help the automaker." making it a more than likely sure thing with her being an insider on it all.

Why isn’t there an ETF of stocks our congressional representatives and members of the executive branch hold or have relations with?

Seems like a no brainer. Halliburton when Chaney was VP comes to mind.