• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

ARK Funds

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why isn’t there an ETF of stocks our congressional representatives and members of the executive branch hold or have relations with?

Seems like a no brainer. Halliburton when Chaney was VP comes to mind.

take my money!

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Todays updates

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
ARK Invest's BIG IDEAS 2021

(Cathie starts at about 30 seconds in this)

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I am reminded of paraphrasing an old axium, a bull market can make anyone look like a genius...

1614914198868.png

Let's see if she's all hat and no cattle.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Volatility, Skepticism, Retail vs. Institutional Investors | ITK with Cathie Wood

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
before cathie wood there was ken heebner - made his name the same way - going all-in on the highest beta names in the market

got utterly destroyed when that type of stock fell out favor

https://www.investmentnews.com/legendary-fund-manager-goes-from-penthouse-to-outhouse-45355

Legendary fund manager goes from penthouse to outhouse

Kenneth Heebner ranked as America’s No. 1 stock picker before losing his touch and most of his main fund’s assets. The 71-year-old manager, at the bottom of his peer group for the fourth year in five, hasn’t lost his swagger.

Heebner, whose CGM Focus Fund (CGMFX) topped all diversified U.S. stock mutual funds in the decade through 2007, lost an annual average of 6.3 percent in the five years through June 26, trailing 96 percent of the same group, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. CGM Focus has been in the bottom 6 percent of the large-cap growth category every year since 2008, with the exception of 2010, when it beat 66 percent of peers.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I don't know, just listening to some of these people on Youtube that have followed this lady and an interview. She just baffles with BS and tells us what anyone who pays attention already knows. I just get complete used car salesman from this lady.:don't    know2:

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know, just listening to some of these people on Youtube that have followed this lady and an interview. She just baffles with BS and tells us what anyone who pays attention already knows. I just get complete used car salesman from this lady.

all high beta stocks are story stocks -- ALWAYS have great stories

high beta as a sector = epic booms and busts - the 'rockstar' of the day is just the manager that takes the most risk - they always pay the price on the downside

it's a great sector for multi-decade investing -- add on the crashes, cut back when the things go stupid high

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQ1oOspKLvAhWGK80KHeUmCaAQxfQBCDMwAA&url=https://www.barrons.com/articles/ark-innovation-falls-23-in-two-weeks-here-s-what-to-watch-51615030200&usg=AOvVaw1ifx-yQZOwlB_lfXovBesQ

ARK Innovation Falls 23% In Two Weeks

It’s been another bad week for investors in ARK exchange-traded funds. The flagship and largest of the seven—the $21 billion ARK Innovation (ARKK)—is down 25% from its peak on Feb. 12. It dropped 20% in just 12 trading days

.....Morningstar vice president of research John Rekenthaler.......“These are highly aggressive, high-beta stocks.”

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
the 'flagship' fund down approx 29 percent over last 15 trading days

from here, it will have to increase approx 50 percent to recoup the losses

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Good thing I had already put my money into silver. haha

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Good thing I had already put my money into silver. haha

indeed

it's getting so bloody for the high beta chasers that i'm starting to look for ideas in the sector - for poss purchases if they get another leg (or two) down

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
ARKX to begin trading tomorrow. (Nutz... I am completely tied up in PSLV at the moment.) Probably going to be a rocket ride before the price settles down to something reasonable (if that even exists anymore in this market).

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buying this SPAC today, highly likely it will be included in ARKX.
Since it's trading just above $10 SPAC floor, there is very little risk and could get a big pop when ARKX goes live.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
OK, so I decided to eat my PSLV loss on 50% of my position in order to go into ARKX this morning. If there is a decent pop I might roll some of it back into PSLV since silver is getting crushed. I still believe the silver short will have to unwind with enough demand for delivery.

BTW... I SUCK at market timing. Economics is completely counterintuitive, and fundamentals mean nothing in this market. DYODD.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
In at 20.46. We will see how this plays out.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Cathie Wood really seems to know how to pull money in to help prop up her old investments. Seems like there was a name for that type of system. :ponder:

How much Tesla will ArkX buy? Just 5% of the assets, 10%, or more? I'll bet 10%.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cathie Wood really seems to know how to pull money in to help prop up her old investments. Seems like there was a name for that type of system. :ponder:

How much Tesla will ArkX buy? Just 5% of the assets, 10%, or more? I'll bet 10%.
No Tesla in ARKX.
But one of largest positions in ARKX is PRNT, her 3d printing etf, so your point is on target.
TSLA likely to miss on deliveries this quarter, reporting soon.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
No Tesla in ARKX.
But one of largest positions in ARKX is PRNT, her 3d printing etf, so your point is on target.
TSLA likely to miss on deliveries this quarter, reporting soon.

Tesla would actually make some sense. Although, I guess Tesla owns nothing of Space X other than some name recognition.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tesla would actually make some sense. Although, I guess Tesla owns nothing of Space X other than some name recognition.
Yeah, no ownership. SpaceX do share talent, engineering and materials, for example the specific steel alloy designed for SpaceX rockets is used in Cybertruck.
One of the 3D printing companies actually does make parts for Spacex.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
i heard tesla makes a good part of their revenue selling carbon credits - which are limited in number

you guys heard anything about that?

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i heard tesla makes a good part of their revenue selling carbon credits - which are limited in number

you guys heard anything about that?

Basically in Europe automakers pay a penalty if they don't make enough "clean" cars, according to whatever bureaucratic standards they set. Don't want to make electric cars? Pay somebody else to make electric cars.
FIAT-Chrysler is the primary source of those regulatory credits for Tesla, maybe under $2B for 2020, while total revenue was over $30B (rising at close to 30% a year), so it's not insignificant, but also not make-or-break issue for Tesla. Will be less and less important over time.
The way I figure, "hey, you want to pay me $2B a year to build factories because you don't want to invest in new tech? show me the money"

Also worth noting that most other automakers get $7500 federal credit for electric vehicles in US, which Tesla has not gotten for some time - though that may change under Bidet's infrastructure plan.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
So, everybody still on board with this lady? I hope not. Her ties to the Hedge Fund that blew up, Bill Hwang, as he helped her seed the ETF's. Then after watching someone like UTube "star" Meet Kevin all over in a weird worship of her I am even more worried.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Very weird trading today and I think (just complete speculation) but it seems to center on this lady and her funds. The DOW is up huge and the Nasdaq is down big. ARKK is down 4+% and every one of the largest holdings is starting to tank. I think there are problems here, be very careful.

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ooff ta. If she really was in the "know" she'd have been selling some of her stocks. If TSLA tanks this is going to be really ugly.

1638570313031.png

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ooff ta. If she really was in the "know" she'd have been selling some of her stocks. If TSLA tanks this is going to be really ugly.

View attachment 235395
Tesla is around $1015... More than 15% off the $1200+ highs. But still hasn't filled the gap up at $900 after last quarters earnings.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
before cathie wood there was ken heebner - made his name the same way - going all-in on the highest beta names in the market

got utterly destroyed when that type of stock fell out favor

https://www.investmentnews.com/legendary-fund-manager-goes-from-penthouse-to-outhouse-45355

Legendary fund manager goes from penthouse to outhouse

Kenneth Heebner ranked as America’s No. 1 stock picker before losing his touch and most of his main fund’s assets. The 71-year-old manager, at the bottom of his peer group for the fourth year in five, hasn’t lost his swagger.

Heebner, whose CGM Focus Fund (CGMFX) topped all diversified U.S. stock mutual funds in the decade through 2007, lost an annual average of 6.3 percent in the five years through June 26, trailing 96 percent of the same group, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. CGM Focus has been in the bottom 6 percent of the large-cap growth category every year since 2008, with the exception of 2010, when it beat 66 percent of peers.

as expected -- cathie wood is the new ken heebner

utter destruction in less than a year - the 'flagship' fund has been cut in half while the market has risen in same time frame