• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

ARK Funds

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
i listened to it. message == trust the plan

everybody is wrong but her

That is an excellent way to lose all your money. Ive dabbled in it and learned some expensive lessons. The market is always right, even though its not much more than a complete scam...

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
ARKK is heading to $59 area and may see $56... Will have to see how it trades but that may stop the absolute blood letting. Otherwise it gets seriously ugly.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Down to about $61 today. This is kind of fun to watch.

dot com bubble 2.0. the high beta boys are decapitated. a lot of their stocks are down 60 to 80 percent

the bag holders probably werent around for dot com bubble 1.0. and if they were....wtf did they think was going to happen?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
dot com bubble 2.0. the high beta boys are decapitated. a lot of their stocks are down 60 to 80 percent

the bag holders probably werent around for dot com bubble 1.0. and if they were....wtf did they think was going to happen?

we are NOT in a bubble... haven't you listened to a thing this lady says? She buys "deep value". No relation of course, to Deep Fucking Value who actually does his homework.

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I got caught in the dot com rape myself. I hold no tech stocks since getting my ass handed to me years ago.

Now I'm thinkin of picking up a few shares of her fund to get a little exposure.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
we are NOT in a bubble... haven't you listened to a thing this lady says? She buys "deep value". No relation of course, to Deep Fucking Value who actually does his homework.

deep value...lmao! she looks like a loony leftist. so deep value = mostly peaceful protests

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
it's been crushed. how know when to buy the meteorite? 5 bucks?
Good question. Impossible to call a bottom on PLTR. But def. a much better buy now than it was 3 months ago. Apparently Cathie has a "Buy High, Sell Low" strategy.

As for ARKK, i'm not buying in unless it gets down to $10-$20 / sh.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if history is any guide -- the black line, arkk, will plunge well below the sp 500 line. arkk is back to zero gain if bought it two years ago. losses, mostly big losses, if bought after that

1645656572712.png

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
You think its going that low?

Good question. Impossible to call a bottom on PLTR. But def. a much better buy now than it was 3 months ago. Apparently Cathie has a "Buy High, Sell Low" strategy.

As for ARKK, i'm not buying in unless it gets down to $10-$20 / sh.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
You think its going that low?
I got burned on .com stocks back in the day, and my gut tells me it's a similar situation. I see no reason to give Cathie Wood my money to invest unless i'm buying her fund for pennies on the dollar. If it drops to $10-$20 i'll gobble up some shares; otherwise, i have no desire to give my money to her when she has displayed massive incompetence. But yes, my gut tells me it will keep dropping from here. I could be wrong. It's impossible to call the bottom as we all know. This could be the bottom at $61 / sh. ... who knows. A lot may also depend on what Tesla does. I believe that is her biggest holding.

TOP 10 HOLDINGS
COMPANY SYMBOL TOTAL NET ASSETS
Tesla Inc. TSLA 7.88%
Roku Inc. Cl A ROKU 6.20%
Teladoc Health Inc. TDOC 5.96%
Zoom Video Communications Inc. ZM 5.79%
Coinbase Global Inc. COIN 5.02%
Unity Software Inc. U 4.75%
Spotify Technology S.A. SPOT 4.13%
Twilio Inc. Cl A TWLO 4.06%
Exact Sciences Corp. EXAS 3.84%
UiPath Inc. PATH 3.68%

Mujahid

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Might buy some leaps on it. This won’t be below 70 forever.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
lol --- these beta chasers

not my bold

Cathie Wood's 2020 bearish oil prediction has backfired, after saying oil would crash again after plunging into negative territory in the early days of the virus pandemic. Here's what she tweeted on July 15, 2020:

"Oil demand probably hit a secular peak last year and, thanks to electric vehicles, now is in secular 'decline.' Though ARK has no formal forecast, I believe that oil prices are on their way back to $12, the level reached after the 1973 oil cartel crisis, or lower, now that EVs are taking off."
Oil demand probably hit a secular peak last year and, thanks to #EVs, now is in secular “decline”. Though ARK has no formal forecast, I believe that #Oilprices are on their way back to $12, the level reached after the 1973 oil cartel crisis, or lower, now that EVs are taking off.
— Cathie Wood (@CathieDWood) July 15, 2020

1646696740682.png

1646696843553.png

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I never saw this thread before. Probably a good thing. My extra cash goes into the jr miners. Someday my grandkids will be happy.

As for EV's taking off. How is that going to be possible? Everyone is bitching about the cost of everything going up. Projections are for inflated prices of everything to cost the average family an extra 100-1500 a month by the end of the year. 70-80% of the country is living week to week so they are going to absorb those costs and buy a 60k electric vehicle? Should we even go into the fact that the mining capacity isn't there to produce even a fraction of the vehicles they think can just be produced out of thin air.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
ARKK is heading to $59 area and may see $56... Will have to see how it trades but that may stop the absolute blood letting. Otherwise it gets seriously ugly.

Not too shabby with ARKK with a couple $58 low closes and an intraday low at $56.22. I Even managed to actually sell my April $65 put near the low for over $10 bucks. :2 thumbs up:

If you want to get all fancy I think some sort of long some of small, smashed companies in this fund and short the larger Tsla and a few others might be a good play here.

Last edited:

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I believe that oil prices are on their way back to $12, the level reached after the 1973 oil cartel crisis, or lower, now that EVs are taking off."

brings to mind that old adage, markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain liquid

sure, she may be right, in 2028 or 2025 or whenever as markets do their thing,
but there is such a thing as law of numbers,
if you have a holding and it goes down 50%, you have a problem with that big a drawdown,
you now need 100% gain just to break even, + the opportunity cost of time as to what you could have been doing otherwise
and everyone should be quite familiar at how hard it is to see a 100% gain on something

being a bag holder because you want to 'be right' does a disservice to you and your investors,
sure some day in the future, you may be able to claim such, but no one will hear it

she bought the lies....like so many others....that oil was over

to be a good investor one must know history and one must have an excellent b.s. detector, or at the very least a healthy skepticism mindset

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I believe that oil prices are on their way back to $12, the level reached after the 1973 oil cartel crisis, or lower, now that EVs are taking off."

brings to mind that old adage, markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain liquid

sure, she may be right, in 2028 or 2025 or whenever as markets do their thing,
but there is such a thing as law of numbers,
if you have a holding and it goes down 50%, you have a problem with that big a drawdown,
you now need 100% gain just to break even, + the opportunity cost of time as to what you could have been doing otherwise
and everyone should be quite familiar at how hard it is to see a 100% gain on something

being a bag holder because you want to 'be right' does a disservice to you and your investors,
sure some day in the future, you may be able to claim such, but no one will hear it

The silly woman didn't even understand that High oil prices like we are seeing now would help spur demand into her beloved EV's. Or vise-versa, that crazy $15 oil would greatly increase demand for oil and gas hog Trucks. The only way it makes sense is if the commies just outlaw ICE's, which they may very well be trying but won't succeed.

Mujahid

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Arkk is @ 52.29

YTD return -38% it’s only March.

lol

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Long term $36 was the pandemic low and also a low before that. Looks like she really wants to triple bottom around there.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
ARK's basic thesis is that technology is deflationary - techno innovation causes prices to fall (Moore's Law, Wright's Law).
With that mindset, she completely missed the inflation trade. How she could think we could spend $10T in 5 years plus QE and not have raging inflation is beyond me.

Problem for her is even if she only has one tool - even if she sees her sectors are gonna get hammered - only thing she can do is double down on her thesis. That's thematic investing for ya.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Good luck investing in theoretical tech stocks in a rising interest rate environemnt.

She's chopped almost another 50 cents off today to about $51 / sh. Looks like Tesla is down a lot .....

too bad so sad cath. yay girl power!

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I never saw this thread before. Probably a good thing. My extra cash goes into the jr miners. Someday my grandkids will be happy.
Same here and it's a real dog...

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.28.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.30.35 AM.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Her bestie friend Bill Hwang just got arrested today. Pretty sure they were running some schemes together. He was buying tons of way OTM call options on a bunch of her stocks.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm still somewhat interested if this thing gets to about $10, maybe $20. Otherwise, Im not touching it.

that's a good number --down from 150 to 15. the dotcom bubble bust again

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Comical

Notable fund manager, Cathie Wood, has further increased the exposure of her ETFs to Teladoc Health (NYSE:TDOC) after the telehealth company witnessed a sharp selloff on Thursday in reaction to its lower-than-expected 1Q 2022 financials.
After a ~40% drop during regular trading, Teladoc (TDOC) shares continued to fall in the post-market even as Cathie Wood-run ETFs added more than 600K company shares.

EO 11110

(you) have a message
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Comical

Notable fund manager, Cathie Wood, has further increased the exposure of her ETFs to Teladoc Health (NYSE:TDOC) after the telehealth company witnessed a sharp selloff on Thursday in reaction to its lower-than-expected 1Q 2022 financials.
After a ~40% drop during regular trading, Teladoc (TDOC) shares continued to fall in the post-market even as Cathie Wood-run ETFs added more than 600K company shares.

ultimate dumbass move. teledoc has zero barriers to entry. any doc/nurse with a webcam does what they do. i did some dd on it. same same for online mental health -- the market is flooded

this one leaves no doubt about her beta chasing idiocy

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
And................................. it's under $50

ARKKARK Innovation ETF
ETF Price & Overview
89.67K followers
$49.94
-0.74 (-1.46%)
womp womp

ARKK ARK Innovation ETF
ETF Price & Overview
89.93K followers
$45.63
-2.12 (-4.44%)
4:00 PM 05/06/22
NYSEARCA | Post-Market: $45.40-0.23 (-0.50%)