• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Armed 13 Yr Old Wins Gun Battle With 2 Armed Thugs

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One thirteen year old has more sense than the entire DC population of thieves & traitors. I hope the young man understand how he made the world a better place for all of us & he understand the "long term unseen effects (crimes)" that are always overlooked by the suits that he alone stopped.

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
I am not sure you can call this a 'good' thing. It is good that the child knew what to do and protected him self, but killing a person can be very traumatic, especially for a kid. The child being emotionally scarred for the rest of his life because he had to kill someone, isn't a good thing.

Shooting people is never a good thing. It might be a necessary thing, but it isn't good.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I am not sure you can call this a 'good' thing. It is good that the child knew what to do and protected him self, but killing a person can be very traumatic, especially for a kid. The child being emotionally scarred for the rest of his life because he had to kill someone, isn't a good thing.

Shooting people is never a good thing. It might be a necessary thing, but it isn't good.
I have to absolutely disagree, there Alric. Sometimes it's not only a necessary thing, but also a good thing to shoot someone in the process of committing a violent act. You've not only stopped that individual from completing the violent act he was engaged in, but you have also, in many cases, also stopped that person from committing what would most likely be multiple violent acts in the future. How many people have been saved from physical brutality, such as beatings, rape, stabbings, shootings, muggings and more? How many home invasions, kidnappings, car-jackings, etc.? Take that one perpetrator out, while he's engaged in trying to rip off your parents home and you may have saved countless people from the destructive force of that obviously savage lunatic's aberrant behavior. I say shoot away.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Would you rather the headline read "13 year old murdered, no motive or suspects" or the one after that "Two suspected of raping & killing young girl at home, no leads in the case"? or, or, or, I'm sure the entire community is shaken up but much less than if the kid was killed. I'll bet a lot of people are sitting their kids down & explaining the facts of life to them and making them aware. Also FYI your a dumb azz. Remember the liberal motto "if it saves just one child". WELL IT DID!

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
I have to absolutely disagree, there Alric. Sometimes it's not only a necessary thing, but also a good thing to shoot someone in the process of committing a violent act. You've not only stopped that individual from completing the violent act he was engaged in, but you have also, in many cases, also stopped that person from committing what would most likely be multiple violent acts in the future. How many people have been saved from physical brutality, such as beatings, rape, stabbings, shootings, muggings and more? How many home invasions, kidnappings, car-jackings, etc.? Take that one perpetrator out, while he's engaged in trying to rip off your parents home and you may have saved countless people from the destructive force of that obviously savage lunatic's aberrant behavior. I say shoot away.
Your completely ignoring the detrimental effects killing a person may have on a child. Not all people are cold blooded killers who can kill another human and just going on as if it was nothing.

Would you rather the headline read "13 year old murdered, no motive or suspects" or the one after that "Two suspected of raping & killing young girl at home, no leads in the case"? or, or, or, I'm sure the entire community is shaken up but much less than if the kid was killed. I'll bet a lot of people are sitting their kids down & explaining the facts of life to them and making them aware. Also FYI your a dumb azz. Remember the liberal motto "if it saves just one child". WELL IT DID!
Like I said, killing another living human isn't such a casual thing that a person can just go kill someone and be perfectly fine. The child could suffer all kind of negative emotional and psychological issues due to it. No, him dying isn't any better but that doesn't mean him suffering mentally is a 'good' thing. I say that all those things are shitty outcomes, and some times in life all you have are shitty choices.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Your completely ignoring the detrimental effects killing a person may have on a child. Not all people are cold blooded killers who can kill another human and just going on as if it was nothing.

Like I said, killing another living human isn't such a casual thing that a person can just go kill someone and be perfectly fine. The child could suffer all kind of negative emotional and psychological issues due to it. No, him dying isn't any better but that doesn't mean him suffering mentally is a 'good' thing. I say that all those things are shitty outcomes, and some times in life all you have are shitty choices.
And I think you're ignoring the detrimental effects of being beaten or murdered could have on that boy. Sure, he could feel bad and maybe have nightmares and need counseling for shooting the home invaders. But, he's better off, by far, for having experienced the act of courage in self defense and for being alive and in one piece at the end of it. I truly don't understand your perspective.

Last edited:

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
And I think you're ignoring the detrimental effects of being beaten or murdered could have on that boy. Sure, he could feel bad and maybe have nightmares and need counseling for shooting the home invaders. But, he's better off, by far, for having experienced the act of courage in self defense and for being alive and in one piece at the end of it. I truly don't understand your perspective.
I am not sure what is so hard to understand about my perspective. Having to kill someone isn't a pleasant experience and can be traumatic. I am not sure what is so controversial about that statement.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I am not sure what is so hard to understand about my perspective. Having to kill someone isn't a pleasant experience and can be traumatic. I am not sure what is so controversial about that statement.
Your perspective seems to be that the boy would be better off not having defended himself. I'm sure shooting another person would be a life changing event. But, so would being murdered.

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
Your perspective seems to be that the boy would be better off not having defended himself. I'm sure shooting another person would be a life changing event. But, so would being murdered.
I never said that. In fact, I specifically said it is a good thing that he knew how to defend himself. What is not a good thing however, is that he actually had to shoot someone.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I never said that. In fact, I specifically said it is a good thing that he knew how to defend himself. What is not a good thing however, is that he actually had to shoot someone.
I went back and read your original post and you're right. You said it's not a good thing that he had to shoot someone. That's your original comment. I guess I can see what you were saying. It's not a good thing to cause the death of another human being. But! Then again, it is good, in my opinion, to stop a person from doing violence in the present and by necessity, in the future, if he dies. The trauma of shooting someone will happen. Just read Col. David Grossman's books on the subject. But being a victim is a greater evil. I still say "shoot away," Alric. The consequences are going to be there because of the perpetrator's actions, in any case. Much better for the boy to be a live self defense shooter than a dead or maimed victim. A traumatized mind can be healed, at least in part. A dead body, not so much, right?

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
I went back and read your original post and you're right. You said it's not a good thing that he had to shoot someone. That's your original comment. I guess I can see what you were saying. It's not a good thing to cause the death of another human being. But! Then again, it is good, in my opinion, to stop a person from doing violence in the present and by necessity, in the future, if he dies. The trauma of shooting someone will happen. Just read Col. David Grossman's books on the subject. But being a victim is a greater evil. I still say "shoot away," Alric. The consequences are going to be there because of the perpetrator's actions, in any case. Much better for the boy to be a live self defense shooter than a dead or maimed victim. A traumatized mind can be healed, at least in part. A dead body, not so much, right?
I agree that shooting the criminal is better than being hurt. My problem is the idea that it is a good thing which should be celebrated. To me, the entire thing is an unfortunate event in which someone lost their life and a child might be traumatized. Is it 'better' than the child being hurt, yes. Is it the thief's own fault, yes. It is still an unfortunate event however. A good outcome would of been if those criminals were never criminals to begin with.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
The kid's a fuckin hero and should be treated as such. You want him to be a pussy. Man up.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The kid's a fuckin hero and should be treated as such. You want him to be a pussy. Man up.
Right. And this is what's "being celebrated." The boy was outnumbered by a superior force, since both perps were larger, stronger and more experienced than he was and he prevailed. Often the bad guys win. Score one for the good guys.
Our society is being overrun by criminals. There are the everyday criminals, like the ones this boy shot. Then, there are criminal street gangs, drug gangs, organized crime gangs, terrorist cells and lone terrorists, lone wolf nut jobs bent on mass murder, pedophiles and other sexual predators who prey on the small and defenseless. Then, there are institutional criminals in big banking who conspire every day to steal a little more of the pie for themselves and the criminals in government who enable them to do so for their own profit and a little power. The list could go on and on and the roster of the criminal class grows continually and the roster of the common, hard working, honest citizen trying to do the right thing, raising good kids and paying his way through life continually shrinks. In my opinion it's a crisis beyond measure. The criminal class may be gaining in numbers and power to soon overtake the honest persons ability to cope and survive. If that day comes, we're all screwed big time. I celebrate that kid taking the initiative and dropping two bad guys in his home. Mtnman's right. The kid's a blazing hero and should be treated as such. God love him!

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
the entire thing is an unfortunate event in which someone lost their life
Thug life is just hanging around waiting to die by their bad choices, so no big deal. NOTHING unfortunate about it at all. Thugs have no respect for any life. Nature ran it's course. It's that simple.
If they didn't want to die maybe they both should have been at work, any work instead of breaking into a house with people inside. They didn't know who was in the house.
Was the kid protecting other family members? Bed ridden grandparent or babysitting a younger sibling? Were they high? We know they were black but I can't say that because it's racist, right?
We know facts don't matter. We know they had guns. We know they were ready to kill. We know they are stupid. The world is a better place. I pray for the young man to understand he did the right thing.