• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

As Biden widens polling lead over Trump

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
As Biden widens polling lead over Trump, here’s who could be his vice-presidential pick
Published: June 11, 2020 at 8:23 a.m. ET
By
Robert Schroeder

Former vice president eyes August for announcement

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, shown speaking in 2018, is among the potential running mates for Joe Biden, and her national profile has been on the rise.

The “veepstakes” are heating up.

With Joe Biden having now secured enough delegates to win the Democratic nomination at the party’s August convention, and with the former vice president leading President Donald Trump by a wide margin in a new poll, the focus is increasingly on whom he’ll pick as his running mate.

Sen. Kamala Harris of California — who battled Biden for the nomination — tops the lists of prospective picks compiled by close observers such as the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics. But Harris has company. Amid protests around the country in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Rep. Val Demings of Florida have burst into top-tier contention, Politico reported this week. All three are black.

Biden has said that he hopes to name his running mate around Aug. 1, and that his pick will be a woman.

Names frequently mentioned as possible Biden running mates also include Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar, in addition to former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and former national-security adviser Susan Rice.

Here is a list of possible picks for Biden, derived from recent analyses by the University of Virginia and the Washington Post, as well as the PredictIt betting market. While not intended to be fully comprehensive, the table below reflects many of the frequently discussed candidates. As of Thursday, Harris had the highest betting-market odds, followed by Demings and Bottoms.
Name Age Position Stacey Abrams 46 Former candidate for Georgia governor Tammy Baldwin 58 U.S. senator from Wisconsin Keisha Lance Bottoms 50 Atlanta mayor Val Demings 63 U.S. representative from Florida Tammy Duckworth 52 U.S. senator from Illinois Kamala Harris 55 U.S. senator from California Maggie Hassan 62 U.S. senator from New Hampshire Amy Klobuchar 60 U.S. senator from Minnesota Michelle Lujan Grisham 60 New Mexico governor Gina Raimondo 49 Rhode Island governor Susan Rice 55 Former national-security adviser Elizabeth Warren 70 U.S. senator from Massachusetts Gretchen Whitmer 48 Michigan governor

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...ce-presidential-pick-2020-06-10?mod=home-page

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
When a propaganda hack writes an article starting with a lie, it is easy to throw any garbage into it.

Harris? Warren? Whitmer? I would suspect the Onion or Babylon Bee, except it is not funny.

We know that Biden is firmly a tool of the deep state, but with his deteriorating condition, his masters would surely pair him with a competent handler.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
microphone drop...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
My retort!:dduck:

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is all pre-determined - your local Sheriff election will have much more impact. The more feeble the president the better, maybe it will wake people the fuck up that we're being played.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This is all pre-determined - your local Sheriff election will have much more impact. The more feeble the president the better, maybe it will wake people the fuck up that we're being played.
Yeah, that's one option but I'd rather not need to start carrying a rifle around and shooting gubberment commies trying to come into the neighborhood to confiscate my arms and food. I'd much rather try and continue the so called swamp draining and see how it all turns out.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Maybe he will pick a black female to garner votes from the "shamed white liberals" so they can vote to prove they are not racist etc etc blah blah...

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
sounds good till we recognize, biden wouldn't lead a shoe horn into his own heel, and they'll speed up the blender to 'puree' to be sure they've gotten to us all...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
sounds good till we recognize, biden wouldn't lead a shoe horn into his own heel, and they'll speed up the blender to 'puree' to be sure they've gotten to us all...
Biden wouldn't be POTUS for more than a day.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah, that's one option but I'd rather not need to start carrying a rifle around and shooting commies trying to come into the neighborhood to confiscate my arms and food. I'd much rather try and continue the so called swamp draining and see how it all turns out.
Not one drop has been drained from the swamp. The clock has run out and we are now in a full frontal dictatorship. Martial law, house arrest, contact tracing, medical terror, lockdowns, business shutdowns, economic pillage, depression, sanctioned riots, propaganda, censorship, blah, blah, blah.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
these are mostly happening at the State Level and last I knew, the States have the right to burn themselves to the ground

they don't have any right to Federal Funds to rebuild...they have to ask for permission to receive those funds

i'll bet they don't get a dime...

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
these are mostly happening at the State Level and last I knew, the States have the right to burn themselves to the ground

they don't have any right to Federal Funds to rebuild...they have to ask for permission to receive those funds

i'll bet they don't get a dime...
It's a Feral Dictatorship, the unCivil War proved that point - Governors have no power that the Ferals don't sanction. From AG's own mouth.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
then, tell me, if Trumps such a dictator, why hasn't he acted?
Even with the evidence right in your face, you can't grasp it. You are a victim of psychological warfare and have been rendered impotent. Here's what happened to you:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
will this be the first time there is no presidential debate? no way are they putting biden out on that stage.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Even with the evidence right in your face, you can't grasp it. You are a victim of psychological warfare and have been rendered impotent. Here's what happened to you:

i see what you did there...make me 'rethink' myself...LOL

tell you what, you ever want to have a discussion, let me know...

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
will this be the first time there is no presidential debate? no way are they putting biden out on that stage.
idk, but, personally, I'm impatient...i'm eager to see how clean Joe will make the floors because POTUS is going to use him to make them sparkle

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Rioters have given Trump a landslide re-election victory
By Bob Weir

The recent turmoil that has gripped our nation in the form of riots, looting, arson, and other criminal acts is another reason why President Trump will be re-elected in a landslide. When you look across our country and see masked marauders beating store-owners unmercifully because they were trying to save their businesses, and there are no cops in sight to protect them, you know that liberals are in charge in those places.
When you see news clips of rioters roaming through commercial districts in large cities, ripping down storefronts, pillaging the contents, and running off with flat-screen TVs on their shoulders, cases of liquor, and shopping baskets filled with high-priced sneakers, you might think you're watching a sci-fi flick depicting the end of civilization. However, it's important to keep in mind that the violent behavior of those uncivilized thugs is being watched by hundreds of millions of civilized Americans who are seeing the results of liberal policies in those cities. When hoodlums know that the city's leaders are on their side, why should they obey laws?

Undoubtedly, the liberal elected officials in those blue states refuse to take necessary action against the rioters because they view them as a large part of their voting bloc. Does anyone with an I.Q. higher than a fire hydrant think any of those rioters will be voting for President Trump? He, along with other strong Republican leaders, have been calling for the use of force to put the savages back in their cages. Only morons believe that placating ferocious animals will make them stop attacking us. As Winston Churchill said, "an appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

As for the tragic death of George Floyd at the knee of a brutal Minneapolis cop, justice will be done. It's highly likely that officer Chauvin will be spending time in a prison cell for his sadistic display of brutality. But let's get real about the reaction to his crime! Suspending the law and allowing criminals free rein in our streets has absolutely nothing to do with justice for Floyd! It's merely a get out of jail free card for every lowlife thug who generally preys upon the innocent under the cover of darkness but now has the chance to do it with impunity in broad daylight, with video cameras making a record of it for posterity.

The hysteria and mayhem that have resulted from this incident won't help the cause of civil rights. Law-abiding folks of every race and nationality are repulsed by horrific scenes of violence and thievery by the lowest elements of society, and they don't want them in their neighborhoods. Moreover, those white elitist virtue-signalers, when asked to do more than spout compassionate platitudes, such as, for example, inviting some inner-city residents to stay for a few weeks at their comfortable suburban homes, suddenly lose their voices. You see, it's so much easier to simply mouth some empathetic words to make oneself feel like a caring individual than it is to risk one's family's safety with a quixotic act.

Incidentally, no matter how many times you state that Floyd's death was a despicable act by a brutal cop, the moment you say that doesn't excuse the vicious acts by roving bands of hoodlums, you're likely to be deemed a racist. That's a tactic used by the radical left to control the dialogue, thereby destroying rational thought. Leftist want you to believe that all those creatures, scurrying out of looted stores with arms full of purloined goods, are engaging in those larcenous pursuits because they're "frustrated." Come November, voters will show their frustration with lawlessness by giving President Trump the largest re-election landslide in the history of this great Republic!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ven_trump_a_landslide_reelection_victory.html

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
idk, but, personally, I'm impatient...i'm eager to see how clean Joe will make the floors because POTUS is going to use him to make them sparkle
In my fictional potential story line, they do a virtual debate (because of covid), put biden on the screen wearing a mask covering his mouth and have a computer generated voice that sounds like biden giving answers typed in by his handlers.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
In my fictional potential story line, they do a virtual debate (because of covid), put biden on the screen wearing a mask covering his mouth and have a computer generated voice that sounds like biden giving answers typed in by his handlers.
:dduck:

hold on, let me catch up

that's very possible

i'm more expecting some type of Dem action that pulls Joe or has his VP on camera with him, like a two-against-one, that was negotiated, in the sense of 'fairness', by CNN and the Republican Party

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I hope the author is correct.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1591928214119.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"Well they said it on the news so it must be true."

"Please reject reality and let us substitute our own."

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Watch for who the VP choice is. If Biden gets in & completes his term, it's the VP who will be running next time.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Wow, a young G Ed Griff to boot!

:2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
zzNYT-election-odds.jpg

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
hmm, no one made a reference to his choice,

ms bottoms............

too funny and some signaling going on there,
ms bottoms and joe bin little

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
By Bob Weir

The recent turmoil that has gripped our nation in the form of riots, looting, arson, and other criminal acts is another reason why President Trump will be re-elected in a landslide. When you look across our country and see masked marauders beating store-owners unmercifully because they were trying to save their businesses, and there are no cops in sight to protect them, you know that liberals are in charge in those places.
When you see news clips of rioters roaming through commercial districts in large cities, ripping down storefronts, pillaging the contents, and running off with flat-screen TVs on their shoulders, cases of liquor, and shopping baskets filled with high-priced sneakers, you might think you're watching a sci-fi flick depicting the end of civilization. However, it's important to keep in mind that the violent behavior of those uncivilized thugs is being watched by hundreds of millions of civilized Americans who are seeing the results of liberal policies in those cities. When hoodlums know that the city's leaders are on their side, why should they obey laws?

Undoubtedly, the liberal elected officials in those blue states refuse to take necessary action against the rioters because they view them as a large part of their voting bloc. Does anyone with an I.Q. higher than a fire hydrant think any of those rioters will be voting for President Trump? He, along with other strong Republican leaders, have been calling for the use of force to put the savages back in their cages. Only morons believe that placating ferocious animals will make them stop attacking us. As Winston Churchill said, "an appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

As for the tragic death of George Floyd at the knee of a brutal Minneapolis cop, justice will be done. It's highly likely that officer Chauvin will be spending time in a prison cell for his sadistic display of brutality. But let's get real about the reaction to his crime! Suspending the law and allowing criminals free rein in our streets has absolutely nothing to do with justice for Floyd! It's merely a get out of jail free card for every lowlife thug who generally preys upon the innocent under the cover of darkness but now has the chance to do it with impunity in broad daylight, with video cameras making a record of it for posterity.

The hysteria and mayhem that have resulted from this incident won't help the cause of civil rights. Law-abiding folks of every race and nationality are repulsed by horrific scenes of violence and thievery by the lowest elements of society, and they don't want them in their neighborhoods. Moreover, those white elitist virtue-signalers, when asked to do more than spout compassionate platitudes, such as, for example, inviting some inner-city residents to stay for a few weeks at their comfortable suburban homes, suddenly lose their voices. You see, it's so much easier to simply mouth some empathetic words to make oneself feel like a caring individual than it is to risk one's family's safety with a quixotic act.

Incidentally, no matter how many times you state that Floyd's death was a despicable act by a brutal cop, the moment you say that doesn't excuse the vicious acts by roving bands of hoodlums, you're likely to be deemed a racist. That's a tactic used by the radical left to control the dialogue, thereby destroying rational thought. Leftist want you to believe that all those creatures, scurrying out of looted stores with arms full of purloined goods, are engaging in those larcenous pursuits because they're "frustrated." Come November, voters will show their frustration with lawlessness by giving President Trump the largest re-election landslide in the history of this great Republic!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ven_trump_a_landslide_reelection_victory.html
I've seen more than one poll on social media showing that there are a LOT more people willing to vote for Jo Jorgensen than either Trump or Biden...combined.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've seen more than one poll on social media showing that there are a LOT more people willing to vote for Jo Jorgensen than either Trump or Biden...combined.
Polls? Really? After 2016 election. Polls showed Trump had less than a 5% chance of winning one day before election.
Polls? Yeah, you can believe them alright.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
By Bob Weir

From your lips to Gods ears

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
hell no, another free range humans type

why is it do you think they continue to promote the term 'liberty' instead of 'freedom'?

why is it the media continues to use the term liberty instead of freedom?

etc.

as R Paul found out, libertarians are not the answer to the never ending 2 party, which is a single party, question