• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

At Least We Didn't Buy Stocks

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
arkk cnbc 5-5-22.png

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just a little adjustment, nothing to see here!:tired:

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
fb cnbc 5-5-22.png

Attachments

• pton cnbc 5-5-22.png
    pton cnbc 5-5-22.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 7

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Feel free to post some loser stocks here. I think some of us need some comfort food! Grab a bag of popcorn and watch this thing unravel. I might hit the buy button when see some of these "wealth" managers jumping from buildings. The splat-o-meter might run as high as 9/11 because so many of them continue to work from home. They can do themselves a little research and find a toaster or hair dryer in the bathtub will suffice.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
cnbc mstr 5-2-22.png

Who could forget Michael Saylor?

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at a bounce play on NIO, glad I sat on my hands. Down over 14% so far today.

TomD

Often wrong but never in doubt
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm retired and the combination of market losses added to the massive losses due to inflation are ripping me to shreds.

I've got pure cash too but I'm losing there at around 15% a year due to inflation and no interest income worth mentioning.

The PM's that I have aren't coming close to keeping up with inflation.

I've got real estate but God only knows what will happen to that when the bubble pops due to interest rates.

You can spend your whole life living frugally and saving and investing only to end up f*cked.

Last edited:

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
DJI down 11.7% from 52 week high
S&P down 13.8%
NASDQ 23.7%

Talking heads on CNBC are saying you have to have faith, double down on what you believe.

I truly believe we haven't seen anything yet. I would like to see a 30-40%+ haircut across the board. There is NO reason for stocks to be as high as they are, they have been manipulated and they have been propped up by easy money policies.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm retired and the combination of market losses added to the massive losses due to inflation are ripping me to shreds.

I've got pure cash too but I'm loosing there at around 15% a year due to inflation and no interest income worth mentioning.

I've got real estate but God only knows what will happen to that when the bubble pops due to interest rates.

You can spend your whole life living frugally and saving and investing only to end up f*cked.
You're diversified, that all we can do. Many of us are in the same boat as you. Unless a person is a billionaire, most people are much worse off than we are.

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I've got pure cash too but I'm loosing there at around 15% a year due to inflation and no interest income worth mentioning.

Here's the way I look at it, and it gives me some comfort:

We are literally in a race to the bottom. There is no escape from this wealth destruction. As someone just said, all you can do is diversify yourself between cash, commodities (gold, silver, food stuffs), and yes, even SOME commodity stocks. But you need to take solace in the fact that you'll be the best off of everybody.

Societies and cultures have a way of resetting themselves. The true struggle comes later...I'll explain...I'm a kind hearted Christian person. Problem is, that I can see that I am going to have to harden my heart when dealing with my fellow man when things hit bottom. It will not be my fault that they did not position themselves or their family the way they should have. I will buy up their assets for a fraction of what they bought them for because they will need to eat and all they will be able to do is sell or trade off whatever they have of any value.

I know it sounds heartless, but it is my family or theirs, plain and simple. I will gladly help those in my community or those I deal with, but if you're not in that circle...sorry...you should've planned better. I don't want to be a vulture, but that is how this is gonna end IMO, and then once balance in trade is reestablished, things can hopefully normalize with a true commodity backed currency. This is gonna be a lot more painful on others and not so much you as you will be at the top of the food chain so to speak.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I've got pure cash too but I'm losing there at around 15% a year due to inflation and no interest income worth mentioning.

Part of the problem is what helped you Boomers all along. Simple Demographics. Everytime during your life the economy was expanding, in no small part due to the large demographics increase. Now, that is working against you as all of the Boomers are retiring and trying to live on the same things.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Buy low, sell high. We have a boom/bust economy. Just don’t buy garbage.

Average down when the opportunity presents itself. Today is one of those days to average down.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Life does that, but it could be far worse. War. If you've followed the videos in the Ukraine thread... that is much worse.

Now, that is working against you as all of the Boomers are retiring and trying to live on the same things.

The key is to live below your means. Frugally.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Never in my life if I been in a position or even been interested to be in a position to buy any stock of any kind. I find that it has omitted a great deal of clutter that I see filling others (mental/emotional) spaces.

In some ways I envy stock players while in others I pity.

I do have to say of all the stock talk that I've seen throughout my life the most level-headed has always been the discourse here at SIM.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Buy low, sell high. We have a boom/bust economy. Just don’t buy garbage.

Average down when the opportunity presents itself. Today is one of those days to average down.
You say that Muj, but when I pull up a monthly chart, the bottom happened late last week.
Today’s “crash” was just shaking off the FED gains of yesterday.
I have probably 15 stink bids, just a few pennies below the lows of last week/early this week, and only one triggered.
Today was much ado about nothing, unless you wanted to verify a double-bottom like myself.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
DJI down 11.7% from 52 week high
S&P down 13.8%
NASDQ 23.7%

Talking heads on CNBC are saying you have to have faith, double down on what you believe.

I truly believe we haven't seen anything yet. I would like to see a 30-40%+ haircut across the board. There is NO reason for stocks to be as high as they are, they have been manipulated and they have been propped up by easy money policies.
My in-laws are really screwed. I tried to explain to them but they had their minds made up.

That's the thing, they never talk about the fundamentals as to why they exploded to begin with. They are trying to tell us that a negative GDP number means the economy is somehow strong.

The very worst part is the gov't cant print their way out unless the Fed blinks first. Higher rates means more interest tacked on to all debt. And the gov't is the biggest spender.

Nothing in life is risk free. Even owning gold has it's risk. We all just make the best decision for ourselves.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Stole this from ZH comment today. Too funny.

Cathy Wood jumped out the window.

Working from home, she falls the ten feet.

Runs back inside to do it again.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
There is no safe haven. A few people will profit with puts. Nobody mentioned cryptos getting scalped too.

I would buy gold and silver and cash out of everything else except your primary home.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Feel free to post some loser stocks here. I think some of us need some comfort food! Grab a bag of popcorn and watch this thing unravel. I might hit the buy button when see some of these "wealth" managers jumping from buildings. The splat-o-meter might run as high as 9/11 because so many of them continue to work from home. They can do themselves a little research and find a toaster or hair dryer in the bathtub will suffice.
Comfort food, yeah.

Mine is coming out of a bottle, tonight. It's an early Friday for me.

Here's to more splattered "wealth" managers.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Here's the way I look at it, and it gives me some comfort:

We are literally in a race to the bottom. There is no escape from this wealth destruction. As someone just said, all you can do is diversify yourself between cash, commodities (gold, silver, food stuffs), and yes, even SOME commodity stocks. But you need to take solace in the fact that you'll be the best off of everybody.

Societies and cultures have a way of resetting themselves. The true struggle comes later...I'll explain...I'm a kind hearted Christian person. Problem is, that I can see that I am going to have to harden my heart when dealing with my fellow man when things hit bottom. It will not be my fault that they did not position themselves or their family the way they should have. I will buy up their assets for a fraction of what they bought them for because they will need to eat and all they will be able to do is sell or trade off whatever they have of any value.

I know it sounds heartless, but it is my family or theirs, plain and simple. I will gladly help those in my community or those I deal with, but if you're not in that circle...sorry...you should've planned better. I don't want to be a vulture, but that is how this is gonna end IMO, and then once balance in trade is reestablished, things can hopefully normalize with a true commodity backed currency. This is gonna be a lot more painful on others and not so much you as you will be at the top of the food chain so to speak.

It is nothing to be sad about or ashamed of. Its called building generational wealth. I am the beneficiery of good buying decisions made by my ancestors during the great depression, and the drought that came thru this area in the 50's. I am a christian as well, and plan to buy everything in sight when the time comes, without abusing anyone. I think the rule to follow is to treat people how youd like to be treated, when doing business. I do not think helping yourself, as long as noone is abused, is against the rules God has put forth for us to life by.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I feel your pain. I'm heavy in PMs, and only a token in the stonk market.

But even that is not enough. I'm not looking for growth, only preservation. And it's not happening.

Why? We have nihilist revolutionaries controlling the levers of power. They're destroying EVERYTHING. And they seem to care nothing for the consequences...of destruction of children, of erasing borders, of provoking nuclear war.

You cannot preserve wealth when everything is being leveled.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
IMO stocks were overvalued prior to covid and they were headed down anyways. It's ironic everything unfolded as the inner workings of the commercial banking system were showings signs of distress. They were able to use covid to borrow trillions and little or no interest.

They will print away again, it's just a matter of what "crisis" they will give us to justify the insane amounts they will print away. But in the meantime they are acting like they give a f*** about inflation. If they did, then tell me where were they last spring? Or better yet, when home prices were exploding the last decade or so?

It was clear to anyone with a half a brain the trillion or so given directly to the public was causing prices on consumer goods to go up but we were fed the "transitory" narrative.

Now here we are, the consumer is screwed, people with leveraged RE are, shareholders are screwed, bondholders are screwed and if you hold cash you are screwed. Way to go Fed! You are entirely to blame for propping up failing institutions, first and foremost the US Gov't.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was Jefferson that said that central banks destroy economies with inflation first and then deflation......rinse and repeat. We the sheeple.

EO 11110

(JON CORZINE) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i am enjoying watching the (woke) blm/globohomo/globalist/communist/antifa megacorps getting destroyed MUCH more than the market averages.

feel sorry for our members that are getting crushed by the cathie wood funds. cant say they werent warned though. high beta is fools gold

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Two pictures

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.34.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.33.43 AM.png

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

You still have the same amount of stuff. You're the one choosing to value it in dollars. You're the one thinking you are entitled to more dollars for that same old stuff every year. This is a time to reflect on what is really valuable and make sure you are holding that.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
i am enjoying watching the (woke) blm/globohomo/globalist/communist/antifa megacorps getting destroyed MUCH more than the market averages.

feel sorry for our members that are getting crushed by the cathie wood funds. cant say they werent warned though. high beta is fools gold
Watching the 700 or so at CNN+ loose their jobs brought me joy. I have no shame in saying that. Why, becasue they helped purvey the hate of people like Hayley Geftzman-Gold and other leftwing pundits in the MSM. To them I say let them eat cake.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Watching the 700 or so at CNN+ loose their jobs brought me joy. I have no shame in saying that. Why, becasue they helped purvey the hate of people like Hayley Geftzman-Gold and other leftwing pundits in the MSM. To them I say let them eat cake.
idk...from what I understand, there are still a lot of good blue collar people working at places like CNN. Its the personalities, producers and owners who are the scumbags. I don't have any joy about average people losing their job...but watching the anchors lose theirs is something that makes me giggle.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a question for my esteemed colleagues.

How low does the market need to go before you think it has hit bottom?

And if/when it does hit that mark, where would you put your money?

I have stacked and will continue to do so, but I'm still interested in looking at ways to not only lose money, but beat inflation above and beyond the stack.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I've said in the past that this entire system is make believe. The few things that are real are the roof over your head(Hopefully paid for), the gold and silver in your pocket or if you made a lot of paper and converted, then buried someplace safe and the food on your table.
Everything priced in paper is fictional. One guy comes along and says, hey your home appraises at 200k. 5 years later the same guy comes back and says hey your house is worth 300k. You did nothing to your house but something in the system changed, either money printing or lower interest rates and because of that your home went up in value.
IMO the only way to see things clearly is to imagine a world without the fed and a society that prices things in terms of real money.

For years we are told the economy is growing and it sounds nice. Producers must be producing more and farmers are farming more ect.. But is that the truth or did the fed just print more money causing inflation and making the cost of everything more expensive thereby making it appear that we have a growing economy when in reality all we have is a growing money supply.
My own personal opinion is, there is no way to manage an economy based on fake money.

Long ago the government stuck it's nose where it didn't belong. They allowed the fed to come along so they could consolidate control in DC instead of leave that power to the states. We can all see what the result of that has been. The only way out is a return to constitutional principles. No fed and only gold and silver as money. When that happen, everything will be revalued in terms of real money. That will be the basis for society to rebuild from. I doubt the government ever willingly gives up control. I also doubt enough people understand that the fed and fiat money are the real problems with everything in society. So the chances of that happening are pretty slim but it is the only thing that could happen to solve many of humanities problems today.
If the does happen then we will all be poorer in terms of fiat dollars but at the end of the day, anything we own today we will own tomorrow and as things get repriced in terms of real money we will have a new metric by which to measure our wealth. Be it a small pile of gold and silver or a large one. Be it 1 house or 10, 1 car of 6.
Realize that at least 75% of America lives week to week. Most here are going to be much better off than they are.
House paid off? Your fine then. Does it really matter what it's worth? Were you planning on selling it and moving under a bridge to live off the proceeds? If not then the only time that the value really matters is if you are planning on selling and buying something else. If you just planning on living in your home for the rest of your life then the value is a useless concept. Real wealth is measured in ounces and lbs of gold an silver.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

I have stacked and will continue to do so, but I'm still interested in looking at ways to not only lose money, but beat inflation above and beyond the stack.
Dow under 10k, around 5-7 is probably where it should be and then I would invest in companies that produce products that are in demand. Sort of depends on if we ever get there and what things are looking like in the overall economy. If gold and silver come back into favor as money then miners would be a good place to be. Just have to wait and see where the bottom is in the make believe world we live in. The fed could reverse course and start printing again, then anything will be a good investment.

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The only way out is a return to constitutional principles. No fed and only gold and silver as money. When that happen, everything will be revalued in terms of real money.
That's what a lot of us are fighting for.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

I’m the wrong person to ask. I was waiting for a 50% cut on the COVID dump and totally missed the bull run. I’m again thinking 50% but the FED will probably step in again before that with the helicopter money.

EO 11110

(JON CORZINE) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I’m the wrong person to ask. I was waiting for a 50% cut on the COVID dump and totally missed the bull run. I’m again thinking 50% but the FED will probably step in again before that with the helicopter money.
i hit the covid bottom pretty good. what i did was wait for the indexes to get back to obama stagnation prices. this at a time when the trump policies were firmly in place. i was able to buy trump at obama price.

the trump biden transition has played out exactly like i thought it would -- one year of trump carryover, then satanic communism wrecking it in year two

i'll start getting interested when the entirety of the biden has been erased. sp500 3700ish, now at 4100. this also hinges on the repugs taking the house, to stop the bleeding

notable that today's 3700 is not comparable to the 3700 when biden took over -- inflation has eaten a good chunk of that. so buying 3700 now is actually a good bit lower than the previous 3700

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score

I can only share my plan, which is to wait for a larger crash than 2009 or April 2020. When I feel that a 75% retracement from the peak is in, I will start cost averaging into gold and silver miner ETF’s. I will also dedicate some to the Uranium ETF’s.
I don’t think it will be the end of the world, but it will rival any depression we have had in history. Not everybody is poor during these times; there are incredible opportunities for the smart money.
Think like a Rothschild.