• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

At what dollar amount do you sell your citizenship and leave America?

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Where would you take your $20 MegaFRNs?

I would like to see a list of countries to which ex-patriation would be more favorable than remaining in CONUS.

My (originalist, anachronistic, perhaps misapprehended) ideal of the United States is that each sovereign state can compete in order to attract inter-state movement/settlement.

New Zealand used to be my #1 expatriation destination, until they went full gun-ban.

At this point, I would be FAR more inclined to know which of the 50 states of THIS union, is best for peacefully armed, libertarian-minded folk like me and mine.

Florida.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I have too much blood invested in my home. communists can leave and live in the third world, hell holes they love so much. They can go be equal in those places and leave me and mine alone. If it comes to it, I will help them exit all this unfairness in the most free country in the entire world. Bout time we made a few changes back to the way we had it before all the cryin' and moanin'.

If the rest of the world is so wonderful, why are so many folks trying to get to here from there?

If I left ole Kentucky, I would probably move to a rural place out West, NOT in commiefornia.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The funny thing is how many people would pay $250,000 just to become a citizen. If it were offered.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I guess I should scratch Louisiana off the list...

Ahhh... "Paradise" : That one place with the absolute pinnacle Numba One achievement -- the highest crime rate in the USA.

"In 2016, the FBI Uniform Crime Report shows Puerto Rico with 19.9 murders per 100,000 population. Louisiana is the closest state with 11.8 murders per 100,000 population."

Yowza! Going on double the rate of them second-place Loosy-ana laggards.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
What you do is get the 20 million to go to mehico and then sneak back in across the border so you can get more rights than everyone else. Then you can commit crimes and wont even be in jail for 15 minutes and they will give you a house and spending cash !

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Zero and never......for all its faults, the USA is THE greatest country ever founded. My ancestors fought for us to be free and I will not disparage their sacrifice by turning tail and running away. You want to sell your citizenship and move? Where? You want to sign on with a bunch of Euro-Faggots? How about South America, where kidnapping and extortion are the norm. Better yet, Africa, yeah, there's a continent with their shit on straight.

Stay here and fight it out. The country is as divided as it was at the outset of the War of Northern Aggression, but it will survive, and the Marxists, sodomites, and hypocrites are going to face their day of reckoning.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
... Stay here and fight it out. ...
Exactly. At least we have something here worth fighting for. There’s madness literally all around us, but we have an amazing, never before in history seen, founding philosophy that is worth fighting and dying for, as hundreds of thousands of good Americans have already shown. We’re no better than those men. Who are we to turn tail and run away from a bunch of commie-Bolsheviks who want to take over the greatest country ever conceived and turn it into a Marxist hell-hole? If we do, we don’t deserve the freedom we desire or the legacy they bought for us with their blood.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The monetary price is irrelevant. If by some miracle of hookery and trickery, that Chelsea Clinton's Momma takes office, I'm outta here.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The monetary price is irrelevant. If by some miracle of hookery and trickery, that Chelsea Clinton's Momma takes office, I'm outta here.
So, where to?

Inquiring minds want to know the where and why...

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
So, where to?

Inquiring minds want to know the where and why...
The where is an island in the Caribbean.

The why is I refuse to be ruled by Queen Jezebel. The others are bad enough but she is the epitome of everything wrong with politics and government.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The where is an island in the Caribbean.

The why is I refuse to be ruled by Queen Jezebel. The others are bad enough but she is the epitome of everything wrong with politics and government.
Thank you for your response.

As a reader and believer of The Word, I am acutely aware of the character Jezebel from both the OT and the NT.

Most memorable to me is the fact that the only remains of OT Jezebel post-canine consumption were the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet.

The demise of the NT Jezebel, the whore who bedded the Kings of the Earth, coincides with the disruption of shipping.

Are we in the end times of Revelation?

If so, then no physical island can provide refuge, and we must flee to The Mountain, which is The LORD Jesus Christ.

The irony of your response being that the contemporary Jezebel performed most of her bedding on isles in the Caribbean, apparently.

For many years I thought HRC was Jezebel, but now it is quite apparent that Ghislaine is the archetype.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Myself, dual-national (from birth), spent my childhood & schooling between France & USA... Wife from South America, met in France, raised our kids in USA.
Not in the $20M range, actually spent my teens & 20's with tiny income (got my college degree taking night classes while I was a delivery boy during the day, eating eggs & noodles)...
Spent 10 years in France as a teacher/translator/interpreter... then decided I didn't like the job - and completely started over as an industrial pipe-fitter... Moved to States & worked 25 years as a Union PipeFitter.
After 2 bad years late '80's with few jobs, had to sell my home - had $40k to my name @ age 40. Decided that I'd only own property that could "pay for itself" - and though my credit was "ruined" due to late payments, I managed to get owner-financing for a fixer-upper 5-unit ($125k!).
Spent nights & weekends fixing each unit one after the other and getting better tenants & rents, & 2 years later bought a fixer-upper 2-unit crack-house ($55k - bank loan) and did the same. Location? - University town in NE. Now they're worth over $500k & $400k... the "3rd leg of the retirement stool = 1) SS, 2) Persanal retirement fund 3) Personal investments (income-producing real-estate for me).
Have a "decent" retirement from the Union & SS ($900 & $900) & wife SS $650... so enough to live "modestly". About $20k/year from RE (7 units).

Moved back to France because I inherited parents' apartment in Paris - and "socialized" healthcare is cheap (plus $150/month for "complimentary"), so few other "out-of-pocket" expenses. Plus daughter lives in Europe, and the food is healthy & tasty, and plenty of beautiful places to visit...

Sold the Paris apartment for a good sum (couldn't afford the maintenance fees)... Was able to grant $100k each to my 2 kids (in their 30's) for down-payments on homes... then drove (over 10k miles) around the South of the country to find a place we could afford to buy. Found a run-down fixer-upper in the outskirts of a quiet small quiet city ($100k + $50k renovations) for retirement. BTW, "property taxes" are about 1/5 of US property taxes... Makes a big difference. And utilities are less than in US (unlimited international calls home phone + cable + fiber internet = $40/month, cell phones with unlimited international call & texting = $17 / month.)

No need to "renounce US citizenship" - still own & get rental income from my 7 units in the US - but my income is low enough that my US income taxes are quite low. No income in France (though next year I should be getting about $300/month retirement for the TWENTY years I worked way-back-when & since I returned). The "old years" pay almost zero, and HUGE cut because I didn't do all my career in France.

So you don't need to cancel your US citizenship unless you earn A LOT in another country (double taxation). Have to check each country's laws on getting the equivalent of a "Green Card" - residency permit, and how to qualify (& cost & coverage) of public healthcare. Varies WIDELY from country to country, even within the EU. Residency in one EU country still only allows you 3 months/year in ANOTHER EU country. (Hence wife getting French Citizenship - without renouncing US citizenship - so she can spend more than 3 months/year with our daughter & grand-daughter who live in Denmark, especially if I pre-decease her).

Much better to keep your "assets" in the US - because other countries can "tax their citizens' wealth" on a yearly basis, reducing your "net worth" by sometimes over 10% YEARLY, while "sitting money and assets in your accounts" are NOT taxed in the US, just the income & interest.

Death Tax in some countries is almost 100% !!! In France, only the first $100k per child is non-taxed. Above is taxed @ 33%. If you don not have "direct descendants", ALL of what you leave to a niece/nephew or declared beneficiary is taxed up to 75%. So your "house" is placed in a "forced sale within 6 months" to "pay the taxes", and does NOT end up in your "heirs' hands". Also, if the "titles" of the assets are in only one spouse's name, the other "surviving spouse" does NOT get the inheritance - it goes to the kids directly, just allowing for the surviving spouse to still live in the house, but not own it.

Summary? I don't see why anybody with "moderate income/assets" has ANY reason to relinquish their US citizenship when moving abroad.

I don't see where the ultra-rich can go to without getting higher taxation than in the US, apart from a few "safe tax havens" (and with expensive lawyers). Better to keep a "residence" in a low tax US State...

MANY people who have NOT lived in other countries will be quite disappointed by the different lifestyles, and isolation from family, friends & habits. Also REDUCED LIVING SPACE - not a 2500 square foot house with a garage, but an 850 square foot apartment with no private parking... Small cars & narrow seats in crowded public transportation...

Just some pointers drawn from personal experience...

Last edited:

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
dacrunch, thank you for sharing your story.

Yes, I have found European rules for inheritance almost incomprehensible in some respects.
My Mother in Law lives in Wroclaw, Poland, owns an apartment, I suspect if and when she passes my wife will go through some stuff. She is 83 btw, and my wife is her only child. We will see what happens. I like the area, mix of working people, students, and older people. Big possibility of renting to wealthy students. Several units in her building have been rented out in this way when the older occupant died and the kids either didn't live in the city or didn't need the apartment. Oddly, not many have been sold. Some of my wife's childhood friends have the same situation. One woman kept the apartment, she is married and lives in Denmark, she comes in the summer and spends some time at home.

I have too much blood invested in my home. communists can leave and live in the third world, hell holes they love so much. They can go be equal in those places and leave me and mine alone. If it comes to it, I will help them exit all this unfairness in the most free country in the entire world. Bout time we made a few changes back to the way we had it before all the cryin' and moanin'.

If the rest of the world is so wonderful, why are so many folks trying to get to here from there?

If I left ole Kentucky, I would probably move to a rural place out West, NOT in commiefornia.
I was born in Chicago, but I chose to make Kentucky my home after the Army brought me here. Went to school with a lot of guys from Kentucky during the 60s. Liked them all. Fine people and a fine country. Just stay away from Louisville and to some extent Lexington. I have been living near Fort Knox since 1994, bought a house in 1996, paid it off in 2003. Now I am looking at purchasing some property near the mammouth caves area. Very pretty down there and I must say, some really great people. It's always shocking to visit an area where complete strangers will wave at you as you drive by. Refreshing to say the least. I am surprised that Kentucky is not mentioned more as a place to go, you can buy a great hunk of property, with or without a house or barn, fresh flowing springs, your own cave, maybe a natural gas well, wooded and pasture, for peanuts compared to other states. 95 wooded acres for $100k sound good to anyone from the more expensive places?

Anyway, I am proud to be a Kentuckian and God Bless the Commonwealth. Home to Rand Paul by golly!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
An article today...

Some fear that capital gains could go from 23% to 48% if the Democrats win in November...

https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-helps-ultra-wealthy-families-143110286.html

A lawyer who helps ultra-wealthy families get secondary citizenships says business is booming in 2020 — and not just because of the coronavirus

Excerpt:

Wealthy people sitting in developed countries where anti-billionaire rhetoric is ratcheting up are in "wildfire zones," according to Lesperance.
"What do you do when you're in a wildfire zone?," he said. "Well you engage in fire-prevention techniques. For an American, you may do things like harvest capital gains so I'm paying 23.5% as opposed to 48% or higher in the future. 'I'm going to get fire insurance; I'm going to get alternate residences and citizenships; and I'm going to have a fire escape plan in case of whatever it is.'"

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a birthright which gives us god given rights via a Constitution for The United States of America. Then the people who stole that form of govt and inserted a corporation called the UNITED STATES, set up a voluntary slavery system via creating a birth certificate and a corporation with your name in all caps like this JOHN DOE.
Then the public fool system goes to work to convince us we are all good US Citizens. Which we have to volunteer for all the time because our natural god given rights are unalienable.

And you guys are hanging on to that voluntary slave status like your life depended on it.

Last edited:

Atocha

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Where would you go? The Globalists have decided they own everything, everywhere. How do you escape that? Where would you run to? Fight and die right here.
I thought the same thing. Fight and die right here; where I was born.

The only problem is, is that I do not recognize my country anymore because it has been taken from me. Traditions, good jobs, etc, etc

I am constantly berated for even thinking I am a Native American and I am a Native American because I was born here. (Not as an American Indian)

I am tired of the hassle.

Perhaps I am just getting old..

I am just ranting..... Have a good day Y'all......

Atocha

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
0, I will proudly live and die right here in Michigan USA.

Fuck the weak and whiny they should be deported one way to Afghanistan. I'm sure the taliban will enjoy using them like goats.
The goats will appreciate the break.

I am not weak and whiny... Just tired of losing my traditions and culture... I can do nothing to stop it.... The cards are stacked against us. I am a realist

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don't believe any amount of money could convince me to renounce American citizenship and move to another country.
Any place you might decide to move to could become worse than what you left. Then what?
Nope, I'll just die here in the country I was born in. I'll do my best to live happily and die with few regrets.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I thought the same thing. Fight and die right here; where I was born.

The only problem is, is that I do not recognize my country anymore because it has been taken from me. Traditions, good jobs, etc, etc

I am constantly berated for even thinking I am a Native American and I am a Native American because I was born here. (Not as an American Indian)

I am tired of the hassle.

Perhaps I am just getting old..

I am just ranting..... Have a good day Y'all......
As Ronald Reagan said, “...last best hope...” and I thoroughly believe he was right. There’s nowhere else to go. All other countries have been compromised and are under their control. We fight them off here, together, or lose the battle here.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Stick around long enough with us for a few battles. If they put that Satanic Harpie Bitch into the oval office, you'll secession movements arise throughout the south and northwest states, no joke it will happen, especially if they steal the election through ballot harvesting. Think of a huge swath of territory, like a 45 degree paralellogram running north to south right through the center of the country. That will become its own federation, and the rump of the USA will be two coasts, isolated from each other. The key state is Texas, they are their own country, given their access to oil and other natural resources. Texas could become the pre imminent state in a new federation, if a split happens. The two liberal shit-coasts will have to form their own loosely aligned federations, given their similar ideals. When this happens, I'll be in Texas or Alabama, one of the deep "red" states that will be sure to break away and join the new federation. I sure as hell won't stay in this festering cesspool of Jew-Marxism.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
OK, so how many member here have sold their citizenship and moved out of the country? Raise your hands

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Texas, Florida would be my #2 pick.
Texas and FLA are both significantly infected by radicals from both sides (bible thumper Israel supporters and former NY liberals in FLA and beaner leaches in TX)

The real Americans are the hard working independents in America's heartland. The coast dwellers are compromised!

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Texas and FLA are both significantly infected by radicals from both sides (bible thumper Israel supporters and former NY liberals in FLA and beaner leaches in TX)

The real Americans are the hard working independents in America's heartland. The coast dwellers are compromised!
FL is politically diverse, the east coast is a lost cause, they should re-name it New-Jew York. Most of the west coast and parts inland are old skool conservative, it's solid Trump country. FL seems to come through in a pinch, despite the rampant cheating that goes on in some counties. I recall watching the 2016 returns live and, at one point late in the evening, seeing Hitlery's vote total jump by 44,000 votes in an instant, without any movement in Trump's vote count. That should not happen. Typically, when votes are reported, it's a see-saw, with the votes for both candidates rising in tandem.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
FL is politically diverse, the east coast is a lost cause, they should re-name it New-Jew York. Most of the west coast and parts inland are old skool conservative, it's solid Trump country. FL seems to come through in a pinch, despite the rampant cheating that goes on in some counties. I recall watching the 2016 returns live and, at one point late in the evening, seeing Hitlery's vote total jump by 44,000 votes in an instant, without any movement in Trump's vote count. That should not happen. Typically, when votes are reported, it's a see-saw, with the votes for both candidates rising in tandem.
Exactly. When you see a county report 10,000 votes, there is no way that all of them are for one of the candidates and none are for the other. But that happens all the time in Dem counties.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
At what price would you renounce your citizenship and get the hell out of here? This is kind of a follow up to the Ghana thread, but I'll open it up to everyone. I'm not leaving though if somebody said "20 Million" I would think about it.
And go where?

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OK, so how many member here have sold their citizenship and moved out of the country? Raise your hands
I may have sent out a message by "liking" the_shootist post that is not correct nor stable.

I was "liking" the question, not raising my hand. I have "unliked" the post as a remedy. That is all.

Note: the_shootist

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Wherever would accept you, unless I paid you reparations, then you must go back to Africa....As for me, with 20 million, I get on a cruise ship and sail the world with mansions in Uruguay/Denmark.