• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

ATB 'P' Mint Mark Coin Thread

Grandpa Silver

Seeker
Just returned 3 Clark's with significant defects on the Washington side. Quality control problems at the Mint with this one. Hoping the replacements are much better!

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sooooo....going with that thought do you think it significant that there are only 92 Clark's available ???? ..and only a tad over 2 weeks to produce more?
I couldn't find the current Clark figures at a quick search, but I am surprised there are only 92 left. To be honest, I would love to see a low mintage coin. I think the ATB SP series needs a shot in the arm. A nice key might help with that.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
10 left...I will admit adding a few

It will be interesting to see if it goes "backordered" or "currently unavailable"

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't think so. These are of pretty decent quality normally so I bet they are minting in small quantities to keep sales going. It will be interesting to see the numbers on 12/31
More likely releasing in small quantities. I bet the mint manufactures all, or at least most of the ATB-Pucks well in advance of release day. It is pretty much a given that 16-18k will sell. It is probably easier for them to mint these in large batches due to the size of the press and the unique finish, etc...

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I agree but they only have two weeks minus w/e's and holidays to mint them (9 business days) assuming none are minted on w/e's. 37 left for now

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
George Rogers Clark "P" now "currently unavailable".

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Clark "P"going to be the winner for 2017?

From the mint:

2017 ATB SILVER UNC 5 OZ - G R CLARK 14612 12/10/2017

Currently 1684 less reported than Ozark.

Last edited:

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That assumes that they are done.....I wouldn't rule out another round of availability BUT even a couple of hundred more would still beat Hawaii for lowest mintage

Stay tuned

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wonder if those are returns or new stock? Either way Clark is looking like the key for 2017.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think if they were new stock there would be at least 100 or more available. If they were going to strike more I would assume they wouldn't just strike 20-30. Just weird that two days in a row they show up almost in the same quantity.

BTW they are obviously gone now

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wonder if those are returns or new stock? Either way Clark is looking like the key for 2017.
The question now is this..........Will the Clark "P" fetch close to the same premium as 2012 Volcanos "P"? To be determined in the future.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well here's a surprise. Numbers, as of Sunday, on the Clark P pucks DROPPED by 82 to 14837 which, for now, put it at #1 lowest mintage...26 BELOW Hawaii. Methinks those 80+ will show up again

Ellis increased by 146 to 17644

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
I know it's cool to collect but I bought 6 SP70 graded coins from 2014 to 2016 in the $160 range on ebay in December when I had 8% ebay bucks. That's below mint price for SP70 graded. I did get the itch to buy 2012 P's when Hawaii was done and got 5 of each of the last 4. $229 each instead of $149 today. A few hundred bucks on the plus side but there's no big money here, IMO.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Recent completed sales

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-P-ATB...982225?hash=item4b2fa66911:g:cZkAAOSwCtJaJW8c

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-5-oz-...761256&hash=item4d6a14dc9c:g:JPAAAOSwUn9aOI6F

With that noted I do think some of the bullion issues have a greater price rise potential than the recently boring P's....I will make the Clark an exception

On a different note: a couple of Ellis are presently available. No Clarks
Clark P's could get valuable but there's no seller trying to get $600 for them. Are most colluding and holding them back or waiting for a later date? I've been buying and holding all my stuff.

OK, ya, when the Hawaii coin went out of production quick and people were sucking them up for $600, I jumped at the last 4. Acadia has maintained a decent premium and I'm glad I did what I did. The bullion did well, too. I just like the current close to spot ($2.49) presale price of bullion over the P's after 2012. It would suck to buy a P from the mint, pay to get it graded at SP70 (God help you if it came in at SP69) and then not even recoup your mint price. On the other side of the coin, to get an SP70 for less than mint price is pretty sweet.

I was totally hyped in 2010 as I ran around getting my hands on as many sets of bullion as I could from dealers. We had some hoops to jump through and there was some frustration but it was all part of the game. We have had some fun with these five ouncers, to say the least.

I would hate to see these coins in the silver scrap bucket in the future.

I appreciate all you who keep this thread and the bullion thread alive. I will try to add my take and give you a few thoughts from time to time but who knows what the heck the mint is going to do and what the buyers are going to do. I will say, I will probably get 5 MN P's and 30 bullion pieces as I was born there. A loon! 50 years fishing up there and the loon is such a cool bird on a clean MN lake to see beside your boat.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Clark P's could get valuable but there's no seller trying to get $600 for them. Are most colluding and holding them back or waiting for a later date?
They are not "sold out" yet. No clue if the Mint went full in minting them at the end of the year or not.

Foxwoods Man

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So you think they might be deciding to mint more and they show a good chance of maintaining a higher premium?
Can't "decide to mint more" now.... it's 2018. Question is did they mint more in the last 2-3 weeks of December. That was the question back then when they went suddenly dark. As time passes this scenario decreases in possibility but it won't be confirmed until the red "Sold Out" appears. If that happens they will do well and be the lowest mintage of the P's

I just picked up a couple NGC SP70's for a reasonable price just in case. I really don't like the huge holder but I'll get over it if they are sold out

Last edited: