• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

ATF issues 'cease and desist' order to pistol maker

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
ATF issues 'cease and desist' order to pistol maker
Change in classification could push those who already own Honey Badger outside the law
By WND News Services
Published October 9, 2020 at 10:46am

By Jake Dima

Daily Caller News Foundation

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in August issued a “cease and desist” order to halt the production of the Honey Badger AR pistol, according to a letter from the bureau that surfaced this week.

The Q LLC Honey Badger pistol, which fires the .300 blackout cartridge, sports a barrel length under 16 inches and uses a pistol arm brace, which traditionally allowed a firearm to be classified as a pistol under ATF guidelines, even though it is visually similar to a rifle, according the letter.

Mujahideen

Bin Laden double.
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I’m not surprised the ATF is changing more rules like how they did with bump stocks. It was perfectly legal, now it’s not.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
makes the pre ban ones worth a fortune.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
No, I didnt get angry Mr Lucky. I got to hang around with them and that was priceless.

He later gave me my first gun. This daisy pump bb gun that was incredible for power and accuracy and gave me my love for pump shotguns to this day.

1602268617433.png

Daisy Model 26 Cal .177 Fieldmaster Pump BB Gun

this is the kind of BB gun you wanted as a kid in the early 60s. Of course I loved it and shot just about anything that could move with it. Frogs would run when they heard the crack of the pump down by the lake

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Ackerman Lake, a small private lake in nothern wisconsin.

I learned to rack the first BB into that little remmington knockoff at least 60 yards before approaching the shore or the frogs would scatter in every direction just by the sound. cha-chunk, At least that way I could get in one clean shot before the herd of frogs who always fed right along the shoreline stamped into the water.

Think more bevis and butthead, I was prob 8 years old. Your might be overthinking this whole shit show.

And I'm starting to believe some of you guys never lived without a laptop directly in front of you.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
So how does this effect all the other weapons just like this?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
makes the pre ban ones worth a fortune.
Nope, it makes the pre ban ones illegal to own unless registered as an SBR with a required $200 tax stamp! According to the article they are NOT grandfathered and are now magically considered an SBR by the ATF subject to the law therein

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So how does this effect all the other weapons just like this?
It doesn't....yet! If they get away with this they'll expand it and pretty much make all short barreled pistol braces illegal. They tried that once and it didn't fly. This is their second attempt at going after the pistol braces.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
There's a couple still up for bid on Gun Broker

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
You haven't been able to own anything like that in Michigan for over 30 years. They do not consider that a pistol and it's too short to be a rifle.
Not saying it's right, just saying that's how it's been here for a long time.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In what way do these pistols represent a threat to society? I read that there are some 3-4 million in circulation. What is the problem?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
In what way do these pistols represent a threat to society? I read that there are some 3-4 million in circulation. What is the problem?
They're called bricks in the wall

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
ATF lifts HB "cease & decist" order..... Looks like ATF had/has a hard-on for these folks.

FB_IMG_1602792945450.jpg

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i've been educated to understand what you're putting down

i know what i'm supposed to miss out on...and for the greater part, i am
i'd love to shoot a squirrel in my yard while sitting on my porch with my 22LR, but a BB Gun is my placebo

and if what some here are putting out there, comes true, i might soon be pulling out something else and begin to see zombies

and honestly, i hope they're wrong, but, if they're right, with all the folks leaving this fine State, that'll leave more for the rest of us

Stay Sharp My Friend