• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

ATPG Is A Buy.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It'ss 25% short and insiders are selling. $544 million market cap which includes $97 million in cash, 1.25 Billion Dollars in debt. Lots of asssets to exploit but 97 million does not go to far. They will be going back to the finance table. I think it may be early but it is good for trading in and out. GMXR is another you may like. At least it is trading under book. Thanks

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I would really caution you with ATP as overweight as they are in the Gulf of Mexico at the moment. Oblunder is not going to make things any easier for them as a result of BP's negligence. Transocean (RIG) is a good buy here and will do well going forward. They are able to pick up and leave for greener pastures.

If you want a good long out of this sector with a 12% div along the way I can PM you one. I have not posted this as I am still building a rather large long position.

Blueice Mark II

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It'ss 25% short and insiders are selling. $544 million market cap which includes $97 million in cash, 1.25 Billion Dollars in debt. Lots of asssets to exploit but 97 million does not go to far. They will be going back to the finance table. I think it may be early but it is good for trading in and out. GMXR is another you may like. At least it is trading under book. Thanks
Thank you, Mr Curtman, for the added info....I have always thought of you as GIMXO's vanguard regarding stocks purchases...

The short position is 3.2% of all outstanding shares...I am encouraged, by the fact, that management holds 16% of the stock! You are right, that $100 million will not go very far...Interesting note, that they will require more cash as they have done recently....

Tanky for the CMXR tip, Herr Curtman!:beerglass:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Rusty Wallace Fan is a long time poster on both the GMXR and APTG boards on Yahoo. He does a lot of deep research in the companies he holds and they are posts worth reading. I have traded the energies longer than the miners so I know pretty well how they act. Everything gulf related at the moment is getting shorted to no end, companies are about to be destroyed by short selling.

Blueice Mark II

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I would really caution you with ATP as overweight as they are in the Gulf of Mexico at the moment. Oblunder is not going to make things any easier for them as a result of BP's negligence. Transocean (RIG) is a good buy here and will do well going forward. They are able to pick up and leave for greener pastures.

Yes, Curtman, you know your facts! ATP, gets 2/3 of their production from the Gulf of Mexico...Since the leak,(5.20.10) this stock has declined from $23.oo per share or over 50% because where their production comes from....:s9:

If you want a good long out of this sector with a 12% div along the way I can PM you one. I have not posted this as I am still building a rather large long position.
Yes, please do so, Sir!

Rusty Wallace Fan is a long time poster on both the GMXR and APTG boards on Yahoo. He does a lot of deep research in the companies he holds and they are posts worth reading. I have traded the energies longer than the miners so I know pretty well how they act. Everything gulf related at the moment is getting shorted to no end, companies are about to be destroyed by short selling.
I will go there and gpond myself! I suspect, that I am quite ignorant compared to you Curtman, however, could the short selling have been overdone:questionmark:

In my small mine, I think that the BP leak is offering an opportunity of a lifetime....:23_30_104:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
There will be changes in the Gulf of Mexico exploration business going forward that will increase the costs to do business. There will be delays on projects slated for this year. However, for those who believe there will continue to be increasing oil production out of the Gulf of Mexico, ATPG could provide interesting opportunities at its current stock price, but with risk.
This problem will cease to exist once we are in a full scale war that we are approaching providing two things. Enough people are still alive and residing in the US to consume oil and gas. And two. The same people can afford the luxury of it.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
may want to think about a quick scalp on DXD, looks like were going below 10k here in a bit. Dumpster Diving.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Off the table at 29.19 for a sum 0 ... Crude is bullish because the mayhem and the weekends draw is expected to be large.

sexybeam

Was probing around google for ATPG info and saw this old thread :eek: Is anyone thinking of buying at their current price of $0.32 and think they'll recover?