• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Au Ag Stocks vs. Au

Au-myn

GOLDBUG
Founding Member
Site Supporter
Hello friends!

With many PM stocks hitting bottoms that date back LT on the charts it looks
like a good time to pick up lots of cheap stocks.

The Au/XAU and HUI Relative Strength charts continue to make new highs so lets
take a long term look at them.

Below are two long term P & F charts.

The first is a 5 x 3 square reversal vs. XAU. The second is a 2 x 3 vs. HUI. Both charts have made
new highs during this current buy signal in the last 14-15 years. Waiting for a pull-back and how much
it will effect the stocks.

Attachments

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
WOW !

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Barrick Gold (ABX),
Yamana Gold (AUY),
Newmont Mining (NEM) all dropping like rocks right now.

Time to buy?
[ SIZE=3]Chud, the rock has yet to reach the bottom of the sea floor.

It will take the rest of the metal heads with it.

The top two have a greater than 50% of going Q..Yamana, will be the first to file for bankruptcy.

Au-myn, Au peaked in Sept of 11, after having sustained a fabulous decade run..Now the metal is in its
fourth year of decline..

IMHO, it will extent to 2018 or 2021 with the remaining investors completely pulverized..

But there will be a new financial storm on the horizon, much greater than has ever been
seen for decades..

This will most certainly happen in the next decade! The rise the gold and silver
will make today's level look minuscule..

My timeline will require patients and not miss allocation of monies, which will either be nothing
more than dead money or a serious drawdown. [/SIZE]

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
No. something wrong w stock system
Yeah...it's rigged. Don't buy paper IOUs or debt instruments that can be easily counterfeited by banksters, buy metal that cannot be put out of business or naked short sold.

IMHO, it will extent to 2018 or 2021 with the remaining investors completely pulverized..
There won't be any miners left to invest in given 3-6 more years of market rigging.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yeah...it's rigged. Don't buy paper IOUs or debt instruments that can be easily counterfeited by banksters, buy metal that cannot be put out of business or naked short sold.
If you can't touch it, you don't own it

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling

There won't be any miners left to invest in given 3-6 more years of market rigging.
Solarion, someone will own the deed or title to
the land..

The property and it's assets will be re-marketed under new and improved owners.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If there are no miners there is no more metal mined. This will pose a problem for TPTB. Something has to give.

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
If there are no miners there is no more metal mined. This will pose a problem for TPTB. Something has to give.
Not necessarily. Much of the silver mined is actually by-product from copper, zinc, and lead mining.

More than 80% of Arizona's silver was a byproduct of copper mining; other silver came as a byproduct of lead, zinc, and gold mining.

So, even if all the Silver Miners pulled up stakes, theres still going to be some amount of silver coming out of the ground.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Not necessarily. Much of the silver mined is actually by-product from copper, zinc, and lead mining.

More than 80% of Arizona's silver was a byproduct of copper mining; other silver came as a byproduct of lead, zinc, and gold mining.

So, even if all the Silver Miners pulled up stakes, theres still going to be some amount of silver coming out of the ground.
True, but two additional thoughts on the subject. First, copper is taking a bath as well. I don't know the ins and outs of copper mining very well, but I'm sure the beating copper is taking is not making things any easier for those miners.

Secondly, and more on point, most gold mining IS done primarily, meaning not as a by product of other mining operations. Even though silver is a PM, gold is THE flagship PM. If gold miners start going bankrupt and new gold isn't coming out of the ground, how will demand be reconciled with lack of supply?

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Isn't the EPA riding hard on lead,zinc,copper mines or was it the smelting op's......whatever,my point being the EPA isn't making any easier to get out it out of the ground and process thus rising operations costs.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
True, but two additional thoughts on the subject. First, copper is taking a bath as well. I don't know the ins and outs of copper mining very well, but I'm sure the beating copper is taking is not making things any easier for those miners.

Secondly, and more on point, most gold mining IS done primarily, meaning not as a by product of other mining operations. Even though silver is a PM, gold is THE flagship PM. If gold miners start going bankrupt and new gold isn't coming out of the ground, how will demand be reconciled with lack of supply?
Gold, unlike silver, does not get used up. If no new silver were mined, our above-ground supply would decrease each month. Gold, on the other hand, has few industrial uses and the supply of gold mined throughout history is still mostly with us. I don't see a big supply problem with gold.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
I'm not much of a risk-taker so don't trust stocks, I trust God/gold in hand.

The supply of physical gold is determined by price. Low price, metal goes into hiding. High price, metal comes out to play.
Currently the price is set by the trading of paper contracts which IMHO is an historical and temporary anomaly.

2c,
R.