• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Australia

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
In other words, you have no way to redrees your grievances of government.

That is totally inaccurate...

Under a state of emergency when public health orders are in place certain things, like mass gatherings, are restricted.

If the gov represents the People, then they have to have the Right to protest anything the gov says or does.

They can, just not in a traditional mass gathering on the streets, for the time being.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
At least they aren't going to peoples doors wanting to arrest them for posting a pic to the internet.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding what is going on in that clip? Again you are misrepresenting the situation.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Under a state of emergency when public health orders are in place certain things, like mass gatherings, are restricted.

I think he's questioning the legitimacy of the public health orders Zed. I know I am and so are a lot of cops in Victoria and NSW.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's questioning the legitimacy of the public health orders Zed. I know I am and so are a lot of cops in Victoria and NSW.

They are within our law, the question is how do we want it to work in future. Really this is the first time we have gone here in anger so it is going to see heavy scrutiny. A clever politician could make hay on a change agenda here.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
For those Americans that seem to think their shit isn't stinky...

... broadly speaking we are all headed for a conflict here.

Armstrong says the peak authoritarian cycle is 2028, that is 7 more years of increasing crap to wade through before things change meaningfully.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They are within our law, the question is how do we want it to work in future. Really this is the first time we have gone here in anger so it is going to see heavy scrutiny. A clever politician could make hay on a change agenda here.

Many of the genocides and other killings at the hands of government in the past were legal Zed...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
You need to know who is doing it... don't cha?
They can find people now if they want.
Difference now is that it sometimes takes a bit of work to find out.

Who declares the state of emergency?

They can, just not in a traditional mass gathering on the streets, for the time being
Ok. How exactly are you permitted to protest in a way that might actually lead to change?

Are you deliberately misunderstanding what is going on in that clip? Again you are misrepresenting the situation.
The fact they are doing it at all, is the problem.

They are within our law, the question is how do we want it to work in future.
No, the question is, are they doing the right thing this time. If not, it should stop.

The places doing strict lockdowns have fared no better than places that haven't done that.
If it don't work, why not fix it this time?

For those Americans that seem to think their shit isn't stinky...
Never said it wasn't. The point is, we shouldn't be supporting their actions by making arguments in favor of them.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They can find people now if they want.
Difference now is that it sometimes takes a bit of work to find out.

So potato, potato...

Who declares the state of emergency?

Oh I dunno... I think they phone a priest.

Ok. How exactly are you permitted to protest in a way that might actually lead to change?

Anything that doesn't involve mass gatherings.

The fact they are doing it at all, is the problem.

Doing what exactly?

No, the question is, are they doing the right thing this time. If not, it should stop.

... and that happens instantly by magic in a democracy. Do grow up.

The places doing strict lockdowns have fared no better than places that haven't done that.
If it don't work, why not fix it this time?

Now you are arguing something completely different.

Never said it wasn't. The point is, we shouldn't be supporting their actions by making arguments in favor of them.

We aren't, we are just washing a little of the US bullshit off. If guys like you where not exaggerating and misrepresenting the actual situation would be better understood for what it REALLY is.

Don't confuse that with support, this isn't the McCoy's vs the Hatfield's. There is nuance here. A huge number of people here are not happy with how this has happened but it is within our law. In time we will see what the majority want to happen in future but for now we are stuck with what we have for the duration. Which, BTW, we are almost done.

BTW you can already see the changes in NSW politics, they are polling and they are already very worried about the length of their careers.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A huge number of people here are not happy with how this has happened but it is within our law.
When Hitler's government rounded up handicapped people, political dissenters, and Jews, and sent them to camps where most of were murdered, that was within the law.

People have the right to disobey evil laws.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Many of the genocides and other killings at the hands of government in the past were legal Zed...

Right, I think you are deluged if you think we can even see that from here. This is bad policy not a totalitarian government. Yes we have over reach but it is totally fixable in a peaceful manor.

I know of no genocide that was legal by international law.

No one in their right mind thinks that the Australian government is even anywhere near close to declaring war on its own people. They know they couldn't do it given the land area v the force size they have... they'd lose their funding base in an instant just for starters. Nothing about the idea makes sense in any current context.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
When Hitler's government rounded up handicapped people, political dissenters, and Jews, and sent them to camps where most of were murdered, that was within the law.

Hardly the same is it? FFS the only problem is mass gathering, for logical reasons. Even if it is misguided etc. Stop being paranoid drama queens. This is bad policy not Hitler V2.

JeeeesusH!

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

We are the modern day political dissenters...

Right, I think you are deluged if you think we can even see that from here. This is bad policy not a totalitarian government. Yes we have over reach but it is totally fixable in a peaceful manor.

I know of no genocide that was legal by international law.

No one in their right mind thinks that the Australian government is even anywhere near close to declaring war on its own people. They know they couldn't do it given the land area v the force size they have... they'd lose their funding base in an instant just for starters. Nothing about the idea makes sense in any current context.

This is so far beyond bad policy Zed, it would be ridiculous to see it as such. This is fixable in a peaceful manner if the system is changed to not allow megalomaniacs in and to prevent these sorts of overreaches. At the moment, Australia is on the precipice, not only can this totalitarian push be seen, it can be smelled.

As Bigfoot stated, every single action of the Nazis in Germany was legal within their system. The mass slaughter of Russians and others during the time of Stalin was all lawful within the Soviet legal system, anywhere from 10 to 20 million people are reckoned to have gone through the Soviet gulags.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
We are the modern day political dissenters...

This is so far beyond bad policy Zed, it would be ridiculous to see it as such. This is fixable in a peaceful manner if the system is changed to not allow megalomaniacs in and to prevent these sorts of overreaches. At the moment, Australia is on the precipice, not only can this totalitarian push be seen, it can be smelled.

Yeah, I really doubt that is anywhere near reality.

As Bigfoot stated, every single action of the Nazis in Germany was legal within their system. The mass slaughter of Russians and others during the time of Stalin was all lawful within the Soviet legal system, anywhere from 10 to 20 million people are reckoned to have gone through the Soviet gulags.

Comparing tomato's with rocket ships don't ya think?

We are no where near those sorts of polices, that is insane.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The people of 1930's Germany didn't think their governments were "nowhere near those sorts of policies" either...

The govcos across Australia haven't called the shots for a very long time now, the decision making happens elsewhere. This has only become visible and quite apparent in the past 12 months or so. The policy makers have been aided by very compliant premiers (by coercion, outright bribery or on the odd occasion a la Dan Andrews, enthusiastic compliance) and a systemic framework that readily lends itself to handing bulk political and legal power to unelected individuals.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
So potato, potato...
No, this makes it to where it has to be serious enough to expend the resources to do so.

Now you are arguing something completely different.
Not at all. The issue is, do the measures they are taking, work?

If having strict lockdowns does not provide better results than not having strict lockdowns, it's proof that it doesn't work and should not be supported. By anyone.

Anything that doesn't involve mass gatherings.
So in other words, nothing that'll get their attention. Ie: silently protest at home. Maybe write 'em a letter that'll just end up in file 13?

Doing what exactly?
Oh, I dunno, maybe their use of totalitarian methods to force the leaderships will onto the People?

... and that happens instantly by magic in a democracy. Do grow up.
When they are doing wrong, they should stop.

We aren't,
You seem to be trying to justify it.

. If guys like you where not exaggerating and misrepresenting the actual situation would be better understood for what it REALLY is
I can see what's on the vids clearly enough.

Don't confuse that with support,
You seem to be ok with it.

but it is within our law.
Well then that law is wrong.

we are almost done.
How many more Months will it last?

No one in their right mind thinks that the Australian government is even anywhere near close to declaring war on its own people
There's video of 'em shooting at people protesting for their human Rights to, (gasp!) travel more than 3 miles from home and to generally not have their Rights infringed upon.

the only problem is mass gathering, for logical reasons
Is it really logical?

and you lot think we have overreach...
That's f'ed up too, but even those loonie tunes in CA aren't shooting at people for simply being a bit too far from home and too near other people.
...or for the high crime posting a pic that the gov doesn't like.

... at least I can still use my pressure washer
So can I.

I can also go as far from home as I want and be around as many other people as I want. Was in a crowd of at least 100,000 people multiple times recently. Be in a couple more soon. Just a bunch of people havin' a good time enjoying life.
....and none of the popo that were also there shot at anyone either.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
No, this makes it to where it has to be serious enough to expend the resources to do so.

No it means that only those with the resource can pursue it.

Not at all. The issue is, do the measures they are taking, work?

Actually so far are numbers are way lower than anything you have experienced so yes they can argue it has worked.

If having strict lockdowns does not provide better results than not having strict lockdowns, it's proof that it doesn't work and should not be supported. By anyone.

Our numbers are very low, your argument fails at this point in time. Yes it appears to have worked so far. At the end of the day, when we have the full tally, we have to ask was it worth it? That is the real question, I suspect that the answer should be a clear no.

So in other words, nothing that'll get their attention. Ie: silently protest at home. Maybe write 'em a letter that'll just end up in file 13?

Really? Your imagination is that limited? The CFMEU would have had a bigger impact if they had refused to work at all. They could have stayed in cars and clogged the place up... etc.. etc..

Oh, I dunno, maybe their use of totalitarian methods to force the leaderships will onto the People?

Yeah look, the blow back has been tiny given the situation. Most people are on board with it, rightly or wrongly.

When they are doing wrong, they should stop.

I'm glad it is nice and clear in your head... most of our voters range from one end to the other, many are conflicted but unhappy. Correcting this is a process. First we actually need the majority to believe that it is wrong. Such is life in a democracy.

You seem to be trying to justify it.

Then you have comprehension issues.

I can see what's on the vids clearly enough.

Then you understand it was about establishing his presence at a protest and not about posting a picture. The picture was evidence, if he had a brain all he had to do was say that isn't me.

You seem to be ok with it.

You have a comprehension problem. Seriously, you are making my wife laugh!

Well then that law is wrong.

They are our state of emergency laws and they are what they are for now. Yes, I think they need change. I this case the medical people have say over everything and they are pretty clueless about the damage they are doing. We need to balance that power with other voices in future and I believe we will. Technically our leaders have to do what the medicos tell them to do, they are bound to follow medical advice here.

How many more Months will it last?

In VIC we have 2 weeks until we open up on the vaccine stats, NSW is already running ahead with the new leadership.

There's video of 'em shooting at people protesting for their human Rights to, (gasp!) travel more than 3 miles from home and to generally not have their Rights infringed upon.

Yeah there you go again exaggerating, 'shooting'... yeah rubber bullets, standard protest counter measures. No one is trying to kill people here.

Is it really logical?

Given they don't want to see a super spreader event, yes in their minds it is. Is it scientfic would be a better question, I don't think that the spread stats really bear out the fears.

That's f'ed up too, but even those loonie tunes in CA aren't shooting at people for simply being a bit too far from home and too near other people.
...or for the high crime posting a pic that the gov doesn't like.

Again, they had no issue with the picture at all... they just wanted to nail him for being at the protest and the picture was proof IF he was stupid enough to cop to it! All he had to say was... nope, not me and they couldn't prove otherwise.

So can I.

For how long? LOL.

I can also go as far from home as I want and be around as many other people as I want. Was in a crowd of at least 100,000 people multiple times recently. Be in a couple more soon. Just a bunch of people havin' a good time enjoying life.
....and none of the popo that were also there shot at anyone either.

Yeah, bully for you. You seem to struggle with the idea that I think they have this totally wrong. I'm no fan of any of it... but the fact is even if I was in power I'd have had my hands tied by the system and that is what we have to change. The balance of powers in a pandemic isn't well thought out... like I said IMO this is just badly framed, until now, untested policy. I needs fixing... what it isn't is the rise of Hitler MkII.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Comparing tomato's with rocket ships don't ya think?
Not at all. The similarities are uncanny. The message the government is putting out is that compliance and vaccination will set you free.
Do you know what is written on the entrance gate to Auschwitz?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/KWkFCgxQ0oyG/

Furthermore, they are actually building camps in Australia. Camps for God's sake. You posted a video that mentioned over 800 deaths in custody already, and that doesn't even include vaccines. How many Australians took a jab because of intimidation from the government, and how many of them are now dead?

Yes, it is fascism and feudalism right now. Yes, the government has and is murdering people right now. The segregation, and demonization is there. It's an apples to apples comparison.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
and how many of them are now dead?

Based on the TGA data as of 7 October and the historical reporting percentages being in the range of 1 to 10%, the amount of dead from the vaccines in this country is anywhere in between 5850 and 58500 people.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Yeah there you go again exaggerating, 'shooting'... yeah rubber bullets, standard protest counter measures. No one is trying to kill people here.

Lol

When the argument degrades to the point that well “~the bullets were only rubber”

Last edited:

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Lol

When the argument degrades to the point that well “~the bullets were only rubber”

Bullshit. Don't be obtuse, shooting normally implies to kill, that's not the case. It's an over statement which was being pointed out. There is no argument, just the fact.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Bullshit. Don't be obtuse, shooting normally implies to kill, that's not the case. It's an over statement which was being pointed out. There is no argument, just the fact.

Not trying to offend ;)

Are we really going to argue whether it’s cool for police to shoot rubber bullets at the citizens for the sole reason that the government didn’t want them to peaceably assemble to air their grievances. My point was they shouldn’t be, not that they were trying to kill people

Last edited:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Try that in Baltimore and your camera will break and you’ll get a stfu beating in the alley (most of the time)

Don’t ask me how I know :)

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Try that in Baltimore and your camera will break and you’ll get a stfu beating in the alley (most of the time)

Don’t ask me how I know :)

Many of our police have become acutely aware that their public image has plummeted. They are normal folk and they really don't want to be hated for years to come while doing normal policing work. It may not be acknowledged by management but a huge number of police are taking a very moderate approach, they don't like the directives. Where I live we just don't see them much at all, they leave us alone unless some idiot makes a song and dance that needs to be settled. What happens in Melbourne isn't that wide spread and it is for the cameras, people on both sides sending a message. It's just a part of the process and the authorities are getting the message to moderate all this crap.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Not trying to offend ;)

Are we really going to argue whether it’s cool for police to shoot rubber buckets at the citizens for the sole reason that the government didn’t want them to peaceably assemble to air their grievances. My point was they shouldn’t be, not that they were trying to kill people

Again, this seems to be a comprehension issue. I'm not saying it is cool or that I endorse any of it. What I am saying is much of the rhetoric is grossly exaggerated. The implication of "police shooting protestors" is a world away from "police shooting protestors with rubber bullets". Neither of which I think should happen but one implies a much greater problem than the other.

If these guys had used their imagination and did it French style by lining up as many vechicles as they can muster, driving them through some part of the city @ 4 klm in a "COVID safe" way, with protest signage on them, then they'd have given the authorities a real problem and no excuse to respond violently. It was done STUPID, but then again it was the CFMEU so we don't expect smart.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Based on the TGA data as of 7 October and the historical reporting percentages being in the range of 1 to 10%, the amount of dead from the vaccines in this country is anywhere in between 5850 and 58500 people.

Excess mortality is the only way you can sort things out here and at the moment it isn't that far out of kilter. We are within normal ranges all things considered. Certainly not high considering this is supposed to be a pandemic, there is nothing pointing to a big issue with either the disease or the vaccine.

I do have concerns about the mRNA vaccines down the track, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

1633991470699.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where I live we just don't see them much at all, they leave us alone unless some idiot makes a song and dance that needs to be settled.
So we should judge how it everywhere, based on how it is in your location?

What happens in Melbourne isn't that wide sprea
That it's happening at all, is the issue.

I do have concerns about the mRNA vaccines down the track, but we will have to wait and see on that one.
Problem is, by the time the waiting is over, they'll have already made everyone take the jab juice.

No it means that only those with the resource can pursue it.
Anyone who could show damages, would likely have the resources to pursue it.
....but that's not really why they want to id everyone posting info online. They want to do it to police the info that people share online.
Like some of the type of stuff that sometimes gets posted here.

Actually so far are numbers are way lower than anything you have experienced so yes they can argue it has worked.
At what cost?
....and we may have higher numbers, but we have more freedom.
....and there's no abnormally high fatality rate, either.

Yeah look, the blow back has been tiny given the situation. Most people are on board with it, rightly or wrongly.
Well, it's pretty much a fact that the majority of people would kill their fellow man if am official looking guy from the gov told 'em that they needed to.
That's just a sad fact of humanity.

In VIC we have 2 weeks until we open up on the vaccine stats
So it's contigant upon how many take the jab?

Can I shoot you with a rubber bullet? You be ok wit' dat?

Given they don't want to see a super spreader event, yes in their minds it is. Is it scientfic would be a better question, I don't think that the spread stats really bear out the fears.
Of course it doesn't bear out the fears, and they know it. However, the leaders have plans for using that fear to justify changing society. We can't let 'em do that.

Again, they had no issue with the picture at all... they just wanted to nail him for being at the protest and the picture was proof IF he was stupid enough to cop to it! All he had to say was... nope, not me and they couldn't prove otherwise.
If it mattered that much, they could subpoena fb and get the posters info that way.
...but that's obviously a pita for 'em.
...but if they mandated having to show id to post online, it'd become super easy for them to easily go after people for tiniest of perceived infractions. Ie: it would inevitably be abused by the authorities.

For how long? LOL
At least until the next drought.

Yeah, bully for you. You seem to struggle with the idea that I think they have this totally wrong. I'm no fan of any of it...
Ok, maybe so, but you come across as making excuses for some of it.

what it isn't is the rise of Hitler MkII.
The point is that that kinda stuff starts somewhere. Usually at a level where most people don't have a problem with it.
....until it becomes too late, at least.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So we should judge how it everywhere, based on how it is in your location?

More so than Melbourne CBD, yes. My area is pretty typical for the group of people that I talk to around the country. Certainly FAR more broadly representative than the stuff that makes it to YouTube which is more just isolated flare ups and conflicts. Most people are just getting on with what they can. I know that is boring but IIWII.

That it's happening at all, is the issue.

All manner of stuff goes on normally, we only consider things an issue when it becomes more that the community will tolerate. For now we are within most peoples limits, try this again in a few years and I'd suggest that will have changed. I think the average Aussie expects this to be addressed for next time.

Problem is, by the time the waiting is over, they'll have already made everyone take the jab juice.

Firstly they can't force us but they are trying to make life hard if you don't, but that is the same in many, many places.

The mandates are being fought, in much the same way they are where they exist in the US. What is your point here? We are about the same as many other countries in terms of employer mandates.

At least we have a choice of non mRNA vaccines.

Anyone who could show damages, would likely have the resources to pursue it.
....but that's not really why they want to id everyone posting info online. They want to do it to police the info that people share online.
Like some of the type of stuff that sometimes gets posted here.

If you understood my original post I mentioned that I thought it needs to be a two sided thing with protections on both sides. I do understand the dangers that exist for all parties. Maybe if you where the father of a child bullied to suicide via social media you'd want a little more balance. Your view seems narrow and self interested. Anyway, there are many possible solutions here. They could hide your ID from the social media platforms but make it available to an aggrieved party should a warrant be issued. Yes I know you don't trust any system ever... and no they can't always find an individual with current means. Lets move on eh? When they come up with something then maybe we a can discuss the reality of that.

At what cost?
....and we may have higher numbers, but we have more freedom.
....and there's no abnormally high fatality rate, either.

Again, so what? I'm not on that side of the argument! Who/what do you think you are attacking there? Again comprehension, I just pointed out that they can claim, rightly or wrongly, success at this point. That scuppers your argument for now, and mine to that ends! Unfortunately people who think like I do will have to wait till this thing is over before we will be able to prove that Australia went the wrong way. You are not going to win that argument @ this point. That is why I'm talking about future events.

Well, it's pretty much a fact that the majority of people would kill their fellow man if am official looking guy from the gov told 'em that they needed to.
That's just a sad fact of humanity.

The majority have no real conviction when it comes to the amount of damage being done here. When that becomes obvious they will have the epiphany and belatedly we, hopefully, will get traction and fix things for next time... and there will be a next time.

So it's contigant upon how many take the jab?

That's the official line.

Can I shoot you with a rubber bullet? You be ok wit' dat?

Don't be a twat. You can't be so dense as not to get what I am saying, the exaggeration isn't helpful to anyone. Just like how people in Australia go on about your mass shootings to scare other Australians about guns and really they know sweet F/A about guns. gun culture and the reality of the situation in the USA.

Of course it doesn't bear out the fears, and they know it. However, the leaders have plans for using that fear to justify changing society. We can't let 'em do that.

They get caught up with messaging (marketing) and tend to dumb everyone down to the point things don't make sense scientifically. Many decades ago it might have been the best approach but given today's communication means I think they are doing themselves and us a major disservice. I'd argue that they really need to get back to the actual science and explain the conditions under which this thing really spreads.

However politics...

... but people research themselves and inevitably find the nonsense. At that point they lose trust and the battle gets harder. They have really shot themselves in the foot here... and if the mRNA vaccines turn out to be a bad one they might have killed off what should be the future of vaccination (done correctly).

If it mattered that much, they could subpoena fb and get the posters info that way.
...but that's obviously a pita for 'em.
...but if they mandated having to show id to post online, it'd become super easy for them to easily go after people for tiniest of perceived infractions. Ie: it would inevitably be abused by the authorities.

They did, they were talking to him were they not? That is all they were asking. You posted the photo so is this you and were you at the event... all they needed was the yes. All he had to do was say no. Nobody was in trouble for the picture per-say, it was about the protest... rightly or wrongly.

At least until the next drought.

The next power failure should be fun, no gen sets, its like they want cities to burn.

Ok, maybe so, but you come across as making excuses for some of it.

That is the way you choose to read it. I hate what is happening but I have no need to pump it up into something it isn't. It is bad enough without extra layers of bullshit. Again much like your mass shootings, the events are bad enough without bullshit extrapolation to support an ideological position on guns.

The point is that that kinda stuff starts somewhere. Usually at a level where most people don't have a problem with it.
....until it becomes too late, at least.

There is a ready a rational and coherent reaction forming, it will not be as fun to watch as CFMEU meat heads brawling in the streets but it will carry a shit ton more weight. I think the dangers have been recognized widely enough and soon enough, but we will see.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Typically they are losing experience over this, one way or the other, disease or vaccine, it is scaring people into early retirement.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They are thinking about it!

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
For now we are within most peoples limits, try this again in a few years and I'd suggest that will have changed. I think the average Aussie expects this to be addressed for next time.
Unless not enough take the jab and there is no "next time" because they just continue what's being done now.
What I hear 'em saying is, "get jabbed or this is normal life now for you".

Firstly they can't force us but they are trying to make life hard if you don't, but that is the same in many, many places.
So what comes first? The gov realizing its over response, or people choosing to get jab juice to make the govs over response go away?

If you understood my original post I mentioned that I thought it needs to be a two sided thing with protections on both sides
But that's not what they want. They want a system that puts the kabosh on any speech they don't happen to like.

Maybe if you where the father of a child bullied to suicide via social media you'd want a little more balance.
While certainly a sad and tragic situation, everything shouldn't be judged through a lens such as that.

Your view seems narrow and self interested. Anyway, there are many possible solutions here.
My views are for freedom.

That's the official line.
When will that change? Before or after everyone relents and just does what they want 'em to do?

Don't be a twat.
I'm not. I thought it a fair question. You seem to think it ok to shoot rubber bullets at people who are protesting for their freedom.
I don't think it ok to shoot 'em at anyone who isn't harming or threatening to harm someone.
....and in that case, real bullets should be used.

They did, they were talking to him were they not? That is all they were asking.
If they can already find someone for such a small issue, they can already find anyone else they want for something they posted online, too.
Ie: problem solved.

The next power failure should be fun,
Aren't they all? Although the level of fun prolly depends on what'cha got to squeeze while the lights were off.

That is the way you choose to read it.
Just lettin' you know how your words come across to a reader.
....and even your fellow Aussie here seems to more or less see it that way too.

Instead of releasing the results in a year, it should be done publicly and results shown live on an ongoing basis as they come in. Kinda like a GIM poll.
Releasing it in a year gives time to massage the results, or even just delete the worst ones so they can say, "see, everyone likes how we are doing our job."....and use it to justify continuing their actions.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds perfectly "democratic"...

Dan Andrews' minister quits on day one of corruption hearings​

Wayne Flower, Melbourne Correspondent

MailOnline logo
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
A public inquiry into alleged corruption within Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews' government has produced its first scalp within hours of opening.

Victorian Labor minister Luke Donnellan sensationally resigned from Cabinet on Monday after the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission heard an allegation he had paid for other people's party memberships.

He will move to the backbench in disgrace after he was thrown under the bus by Federal Labor MP Anthony Byrne, who has admitted to rampant and repeated 'branch stacking'.

The public hearings will also look into 'allegations that public money intended to fund community associations was misused for party‐political work or other improper purposes'.

The hearings are expected to go for at least a month and drag before it a series of ALP power brokers - possibly even the premier himself.

On announcing his resignation on Monday afternoon, Mr Donnellan admitted to branch stacking, but denied ever misusing public funds.

'I accept that I have previously breached party rules while a minister. But let me be very clear: I never misused public funds or resources in any way,' he said via a statement.

Mr Andrews released a short statement directly after in which he paid gushing tribute to the ex-Minister for Child Protection and Disability, Ageing and Carers.

However, he refused to be drawn into the scandal, which has already exposed damning allegations of dodgy practices throughout the Labor party.

'Due to inquiries currently on foot, I will not be making further comment,' Mr Andrews stated on Monday.

Mr Donnellan claimed he had only stepped down for breaking party rules over the supposedly shunned practice of branch stacking.

'I don’t believe it is possible or appropriate to maintain my Ministerial responsibilities given these rule breaches,' he stated.

Branch stacking is a practice within political parties that sees people recruited into a branch of a political party to influence who is pre-selected as an election candidate.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Every single one of the clowns in the Victorian govco ministry needs to be jailed, along with their unelected bureaucrats.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

They are at least thinking about their PR. Whether they really care, who knows. This is a typical government tactic (do something that makes people have a good impression, while doing whatever we want anyway)