• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

AXSTONE'S FINAL WAVE (5)

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

axstone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
No, but if you consider you self to be a T/A you should be aware of the concept and the pitfalls of trading a backward fitting curve into the future.

Just sayin...
I dont consider myself a TA, do you consider me to be a TA ? I look at charts, I draw on charts, I comment on charts

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Could you place the Bezier curves on the charts as an example?
Price growth tends to be exponential in freely traded markets so looking back you can always find a curve that will fit, french or whatever. If there was a way of picking the correct curve going forward, well, then we'd all be very rich!

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Price growth tends to be exponential in freely traded markets so looking back you can always find a curve that will fit, french or whatever. If there was a way of picking the correct curve going forward, well, then we'd all be very rich!
Reminds me a bit of Elliot wave. Anyone can look back and label a wave pattern, but to be in real time and see how the wave is unfolding - there is the trick.

Well you KNOW a new bull as started when the techies start giving ole Ax a hard time. All that adrenaline and anxiety has to be projected somewhere. I will comment on the charts thusly, informed by macro, fiscal and monetary woo woo:

I think 1200usd is the new Brown's Bottom.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well you KNOW a new bull as started when the techies start giving ole Ax a hard time. All that adrenaline and anxiety has to be projected somewhere. I will comment on the charts thusly, informed by macro, fiscal and monetary woo woo:

I think 1200usd is the new Brown's Bottom.
As always any critical analysis of what is said or attempt at discussion is considered "a hard time".

I'm not the one operating in an emotional space, I'm going on a 25 year trading veteran here. I've not pulled a wage in that time... 2c FWIW... be objective, we KNOW nothing, we must question EVERYTHING. Questioning/testing/reasoning isn't "giving a hard time" and it is necessary for survival.

Come out onto "the fringe" where we question our sanity daily!

Chow dudes!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Truth is...none of us knows for sure whats gonna happen next. We are all trying our collective best to navigate these treacherous waters...we need each other - to remind us of what we have forgotten...or not considered...so each of us is better informed.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Truth is...none of us knows for sure whats gonna happen next. We are all trying our collective best to navigate these treacherous waters...we need each other - to remind us of what we have forgotten...or not considered...so each of us is better informed.
Debate/discussion/argument is always productive if you engage fully. Forcing yourself to fully support your position is never a bad thing, in the process you learn why you might be wrong or even new reasons why you may be right. If you find yourself playing the player then you lose, but otherwise the exercise will only make you fitter.

JMO... etc.

Last edited:

axstone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I am thinking there is a 75 % chance gold is dead money until October
dead money until october.JPG

axstone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Most retracements coming out of the consolidatin phase, retraced 50 % to 61.8
except for once in the extreme spike to 1,000 it retraced almost 95 %. ( the lehmans event.)
retracements.JPG

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That chart looks pretty mild compared to whats gonna happen at 2:01pm on Wednesday...

axstone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
interesting if this holds tomorrow, see how many strong hands and deep pockets

looks like a nice hammer reversal pattern on the 4 hour chart
hold.JPG

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yes... but the bar was incomplete @ the time of posting. Regardless it is looking short term oversold and due for some relief. The last time we looked like this it was sideways for a while before another short leg down (19 Jul -->). How well we get up off the canvas here will be worth noting now that the Fed's bias has been confirmed.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 30 min --> Notice the divergence that occurs sometimes when we get a bit of a monkey hammering in gold. There seems to have been high selling pressure prior to the break proper then quite a few long lower tails as people have been buying into the selling. Most of the big red bars have closed quite a way off their lows indicating that this wasn't a walk in the park for the short sellers.

AUUSD-30M-20190801-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
FED rhymes with ZED .. hmmm
Gawd you can be a bit of a dick Ax...

Bygones pal, get over it and come join in the fun on the Fringe... we all wanna do well out of this, how about you?

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Too funny. Starting to remind me of the everything that glitters rag from antiquity.

Zed are you even a club member for fucks sake?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
FED rhymes with ZED .. hmmm
Let's keep it on the 'gentlemanly' side folks...

Gawd you can be a bit of a dick Ax...

Bygones pal, get over it and come join in the fun on the Fringe... we all wanna do well out of this, how about you?
a case of the 'zackleys', as in Exactly that...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
He seems to be apologetic... unlike Greenspan who exuded an air of erudite commentary all the while disseminating a complete line of skookum that pundits endlessly fawned over and rarely questioned...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Its a liquidity issue not a issue of bad economic numbers in the here and now! This is the distilled wisdom of the people I have been listening too...

?!

Insurance Cut is the best moniker IMO, which is why it sends a negative signal to the market. The market really needs to get a very clear idea of what is worrying them lest they just back off out of caution. I dunno...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
He seems to be apologetic... unlike Greenspan who exuded an air of erudite commentary all the while disseminating a complete line of skookum that pundits endlessly fawned over and rarely questioned...
Greenspan was the consummate purveyor of baffling bullshit. No one dare challenge the master sculptor of bovine waste material!