• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bad News For Bitcoin

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
B of A was wise to file for patent of Cryptocurrency Wire Transfer System.

If the Bitcoin founder had any smarts, he would have done this years ago.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
B of A was wise to file for patent of Cryptocurrency Wire Transfer System.

If the Bitcoin founder had any smarts, he would have done this years ago.
Maybe they couldn't, or wouldn't be allowed to or something. To fishy as to why a CB (central bank)gets and not the originators.

More info needed....

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You can't stop the underground...

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, since all the "good" news for bitcoin hasn't done shit for the price, maybe the "bad" news will.

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I didn't read the patent app, but for the patent to be granted it has to be "new" art. If it is too similar to Bitcoin, the patent should not be allowed.

bb

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
In this case, as long as there's an electrical power source, I agree, but pull the plug and it's game over with any digital currency
Pull the plug and it's game over for a lot of shit, not just digital currency... But the underground will still exist.

I question if the dollar would exist today with out the internet and electricity. There would be no bank wires, I don't think they have paper bonds anymore, and there is so much money I doubt they could keep track on paper. They would have to print up the $100,000 bills for the banks again. I suspect they would need bigger notes.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You can't stop the underground as long as there is CASH to fuel it.
Right... And new forms of "cash" will come about if there isn't one sufficient enough.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Right... And new forms of "cash" will come about if there isn't one sufficient enough.
And the new Cash won't be 1s and 0s, you'll be able to hold it in your hand.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I didn't read the patent app, but for the patent to be granted it has to be "new" art. If it is too similar to Bitcoin, the patent should not be allowed.

bb
It needs to be more than new it needs to be novel and not obvious. If it's just a variation of info already In the public domain it's not patentable. The fact that the original inventors dumped a bunch of what could have been kept as trade secrets into public - prevents others from patenting

However, they recently changed thepatent process rules in a big way. It used to be "first to invent" now it's "first to file"

I read the patent app and to me it seems like they are going for a broader target like a method of network security for all data. It could be trying to pull in Bitcoin by reference because they do claim things that seem to me (as a novice) to be how I perceive block chains work,

I'm just not technical enough to conclude

I do know this is just the publication. Most patent attorneys over claim and expect to lose bits during prosecution. This will be an interesting one to follow

Wake me up in 5 years and we'll see how it turned out

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
KEY WORDS: should not

1.Golden Rule - He who as the(paper) GOLD makes the rules.
1b. Pay to make the Rules as you go as often as you can.

Good Luck

bb

angryhippy

Seeker
Seeker
Bad news for all banks... bitcoin and blockchain tech isn't going anywhere. Decentralized and global... eabod boa.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Pull the plug and it's game over for a lot of shit, not just digital currency... But the underground will still exist.

I question if the dollar would exist today with out the internet and electricity. There would be no bank wires, I don't think they have paper bonds anymore, and there is so much money I doubt they could keep track on paper. They would have to print up the $100,000 bills for the banks again. I suspect they would need bigger notes.
It sure as hell would have killed MERS.