• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bald Eagle Cam - Harriet (mate is Ozzie) Eaglets About to Hatch

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
According to video clips E9 started perching on tree limbs above the nest.
I tuned in this 8am-ish this morning and E9 was already perched above the nest.
Around 8:50am E9 glided down into the nest walked around a minute or two and flapped back up to the limb above the nest.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Two days ago I saw a SandHill crane in the middle of town. As I watched it wondering wtf is he doing and bald eagle swooped in to harass the crane. Pretty odd on both accounts

Off topic, but has anyone been watching the daily videos from Cincy Zoo on the premature baby hippo named Fionna? Pretty cool watching them bring her back from certain death one day at a time. I pretty sure she is in good health and gonna make it now.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Two days ago I saw a SandHill crane in the middle of town. As I watched it wondering wtf is he doing and bald eagle swooped in to harass the crane. Pretty odd on both accounts......
That is close to how I saw my Bald Eagle last year.
I was sitting at a lake / reservoir scoping out areas to fish from shore. All of a sudden all the residential ducks and geese took off like the wind all flying away in the same direction. About 30 -40 seconds later here came a Bald Eagle just gliding about 20 feet above the tree tops going in the same direction.
It was about 5-6 minutes later any of the residential waterfowl began skiing back onto the lake. The eagle never returned while I was there, and I haven't seen one since.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
E9 has accidently fledged the nest spending time down in the pasture and on the fence.
Harriette & M15 are hanging closer and brought a fish to him/her at the fence.
Cameras try to follow and there are some videos on "utube" following his ground exploits and wing strengthening.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
E9 checking out his territory small flights checking out the stables, the fish pond across the dirt road, perching on the wood fence,.... ( video made 3-18-17)

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
E9 has left the nest and was last seen soaring high 5-3-17. Harriett & M15 still hang around the nest and Harriett calls out occasionally:

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Harriett is a female bird with a "good attitude". Once a year but none the less a "good attitude".

Moving an egg shell piece obviously there has been a hatching.

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
I saw one baby chick and one unhatched egg. Like last year. Hopefully this time the second one hatches.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
eagles will steal, just like a dog will. We were cleaning walleye when a gang of thieving eagles stole all 9 of our walleye

they steal eggs, too.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
TWO live chicks, but it looks like it will be reduced to ONE before too long. Bigger chick is all fluffy and going to town on the slightly smaller one which still looks wet towards the tail.
The only time the bigger one is not pecking on the other is when the parents are nesting on them. If mom or dad gets up to stretch or feed them BIG one is on the attack.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Aw Man, Not Good. Mom was fluffing up the nest, rearranging grass, and has covered the littler one with grass while it appeared to be resting. The walked around the nest and brought meat to the one that was not covered. He got a good feed.
Dad showed up with a squirrel and started plucking fur off. He stopped and is now nesting on the chicks. The one was still buried when dad nested.

DOES NOT LOOK GOOD THAT TWO CHICKS WILL BE RAISED

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The little one got out of his predicament but it still doesn't look good. 2nd feeding I've happen into the bigger chick is intent on eating ( there are two fish and one squirrel on the menu) the weak one just seems to want to sleep.
Fluffy has eaten about about 15 bits to the little ones two and it's head is down like he's sleeping again. Fluffy is laser sharp focused on either parent when they are pulling food apart.
"Fluffy" is a slightly bigger and whiter than "Little Bit". IMO

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Lil' Bit is sticking up for himself this morning. The chicks were pecking at each other and Lil' Bit got in some good licks. M15 I think is on the nest and was offering both some bits of fish Lil' Bit at least is eating.
The parent stops the fighting by nesting on them. Its hard to fight when Mom or Dad is on top of you and their feathers are covering you up.

Squirrel must not be high on the preferred menu. New fresh fish have been destroyed and eaten while Ol' Tree Rat is still laying there partially nude.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Of course a breakfast of fresh fish ( I'm jealous of their ability to catch good size fish).
The "tree rat" is becoming part of the nest. Occasionally one of the parents pick out some fur for nest lining.
Perfectly good squirrel meat is going to waste.

Well, Bald Eagles are considered a fish eagle which is obvious by what is consumed at the nest.

NOTE to M15 (daddy)- Nix the tree rat.

Chicks still Sleeping In

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The chicks are already considered Eaglets - E10 & E11. I thought they were given that identity a little later, after surviving 10 days to two weeks. But "I really Don't Know Nothin' "

E10 is the ruffian

A couple of crows have entered the area all the song bird are on alert and Harriette & M15 have went to close branches between the crows and the kids.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Saw this on FBN. Breaks the monotony of Business/News/Fake News/ Politics. IMO
LIVE FEED, Expected to hatch between now and Jan. 1. ENJOY

Video gone !!!
Damn, I hate being a day late & a dollar short !!!

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
E11 is doing everything WRONG in trying to survive. Harriette began feeding the eaglets E10 scarfs up every morsel offered. E11 faces the opposite Butt to Butt w/ E10 during the feed and does not get a bite.
When Harriette comes to that side of the nest she huddles them up and nests them. No meal for E11.

SAD

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well, This AM the larder is running on empty. M15 has not brought any fresh fish back yet and "H" is picking scraps out of fishtails still in the nest.

Slim Pickens This Morning.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
If you post the actual youtube link it shows up here

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I have issues with UTUB freezing video yet running audio. Funny their commercials run flawless.
Anyway I find NOT to use UTUB I prefer.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
It has been two weeks E11 (eaglet 11) has done a turn about and fends for himself against E10 fairly well now.

The eaglets are graying out and not the fluffy white balls of down they use to be.
Dad (M15) is currently at the nest. He's fluffing up the grass and one of the eaglets is mimicking his dad helping.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Eagle cam NFG.jpg

eagle cam NFG 2.jpg

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any ! Damn

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Damn, I need to reinstall my OS, the old 'puter has been acting up. It has been giving me fits for a while.
I've backed up everything, so... I'll just have to shut it down & gett'r done !

NO LUCK.png

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well, Both eaglets are 30 + days old now, and going from gray fluff to gray-black feathering working in. E11 (the younger of the two) has learned to defend himself and gives as well as he gets. It does seem as the eaglets get older the "bonking" seems to decrease.
Both are lunching on leftover squirrel with Dad M15.

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

OBTW - I saw only my second free flying wild Bald Eagle the other day while traveling through Lexington,Ky. The bird was soaring & circling over a reservoir in SE Lex .

Never saw a wild Bald Eagle in my first sixty years. Now I've seen two one last year and so far one this year.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Supper is over (Fish) both eaglets seemed to feed well, but as usual E10 got the most. E11 just acts like he is not interested in feeding until 10 is close to done. 11 sit with his back turned toward whose ever feeding and when it is just about over 11 turns round and starts feeding. This feed went over an hour due to the shenanigans between the two eaglets.
I notice that the parents are leaving the nest and the eaglets alone for periods of time now. The eaglets were alone for about 10-12 minutes then M15 showed up but flew to the attic and perched.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Hours before the (True) FULL/BLUE MOON and the Moon is behind the nesting tree. Glowing like a headlight. It even silhouettes M15 up in the "ATTIC". Harriett is sleeping with the kids. The nest is lit with infrared show the Camera 2 Shot has a glow into the nest, and the Moon in the background.

In Central Kentucky we'll get to see only a part of the lunar eclipse at around 6:45am tomorrow morning. Sky was ideal tonight but just hours early for the Blue Moon hope it stays clear tomorrow night, but by then we'll be out of the penumbra for the Lunar Eclipse.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well the eaglets are looking more and more like average size or better ( maybe quail size) birds.
Hunting was good today 4 Fish and a rabbit.
"H" is plucking the fur off the rabbit and giving meat to E10 .
As usual E11 don't seem to want to eat and on the other side of the nest.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well, The kids are growing bigger, stronger, noisier everyday. Both are almost as big as their parents. H and M both were feeding the kids just a minute ago. More like Tug-O-War now.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
that's pretty cool

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well the kids have fledged the nest. They come back on occasion because their hunting skills are lacking and Harriett and M15 still bring a few fish to the nest in case the kids are hungry.
Both eaglets are current at the empty nest sitting out on branches.
I think the parents left the pantry bare this evening.
Nothing sharpens a killers skills like a hungry crop.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
They should scream and demand to live in the basement until they are 26

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
They damn near killed each other when they first hatched. Now they big "road buds" together. If one shows up close to the nest the second is sure to follow shortly.