• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

The United States attorney for Connecticut, John H. Durham, in 2006. He has been assigned to examine the opening of the Russia investigation.

Bob Child/Associated Press

The United States attorney for Connecticut, John H. Durham, in 2006. He has been assigned to examine the opening of the Russia investigation.CreditCreditBob Child/Associated Press

By Adam Goldman, Charlie Savage and Michael S. Schmidt
  • May 13, 2019
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Whatever happened to that guy Huber in Utah that Beauregard appointed?
Second front for the pincer maneuver?

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Whatever happened to that guy Huber in Utah that Beauregard appointed?
Apparently this guy specializes in slimy alphabet prosecutions:

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.
Optics...

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And doncha know the Demoncraps are pulling an all-nighter trying to find even a speck of dirt on this guy in CT.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
And doncha know the Demoncraps are pulling an all-nighter trying to find even a speck of dirt on this guy in CT.
From a post in the Q thread:

TheHill.com
Attorney General William Barr has reportedly assigned a federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the investigation into Russian election interference and alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

The New York Times, citing two people familiar with the matter, reported on Monday night that John H. Durham, U.S. attorney in Connecticut, had been tapped by Barr to look into the probe's inception. The newspaper reported the inquiry is the third publicly known investigation focused on the FBI's counterintelligence probe of the Trump campaign.

DOJ inspector general Michael E. Horowitz is reviewing how investigators used wiretap applications and informants, as well as whether political bias motivated decision making.

John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, is also examining aspects of the investigation.
Thus answering your Q regarding Huber...

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thus answering your Q regarding Huber...
Right, but not a word out of this guy since he started, over a year ago. No,progress reports, no leaks, nada. Maybe that's a sign he's really got the goods on at least one person.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So 2 1/2 years after the crime someone is finally going to look into it? It's been all over the net and even fox news for at least 18 months but now someone in Gov is going to look at it.. By 2030 or 2040 at the latest we should have some definite answers. :dduck:

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So 2 1/2 years after the crime someone is finally going to look into it? It's been all over the net and even fox news for at least 18 months but now someone in Gov is going to look at it.. By 2030 or 2040 at the latest we should have some definite answers. :dduck:
They've been looking into it all for a while now...it's only now that we're beginning to see a public "face" that's been assigned to it. All this would have only been seen as obstruction if it had been done BEFORE the Mueller report. Now, a not insignificant % of America finally are beginning to see that the whole thing was a hoax...and can actually buy into looking into how it started. Couldn't have happened in any different timeline.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
They've been looking into it all for a while now...it's only now that we're beginning to see a public "face" that's been assigned to it. All this would have only been seen as obstruction if it had been done BEFORE the Mueller report. Now, a not insignificant % of America finally are beginning to see that the whole thing was a hoax...and can actually buy into looking into how it started. Couldn't have happened in any different timeline.
So then what we have here is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars that obstructed the real crime and the real crime couldn't be investigated because it would be seen as obstruction of the fake crime?

So basically if I ever commit a crime i need to open an investigation and accuse the police of wrongdoing so they wont be able to investigate my crime until they clear themselves?

That doesn't even make sense. Only democrats would see it that way and who really gives a sheet what they think at this point. In 6 weeks the next election cycle starts. They will continue to bring the market down to destroy trump and get anyone else in there then this whole charade comes to an end and once again the American people get nothing but corruption from DC.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So then what we have here is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars that obstructed the real crime and the real crime couldn't be investigated because it would be seen as obstruction of the fake crime?

This is a necessary first step in order to identify evidence used to issue arrest warrants charging some of the household names we chatter so much about with their treasonous crimes! It ain't much to hang my hat on but it's a start!!
This is nothing more than kabuki. a sad and pathetic circle jerk. What a waste. But this is the very definition of politics today. THIS is what they do - spank their monkeys, spend $M of taxpayer dollars for face time on MSM and "social media" . They're too stupid to be embarrassed. And too many of us are too stupid to turn it off. what a bunch of f*cking clowns. We could shitcan half the members of congress and be better off for it today. This dog and pony show is going to continue all the way to Nov 2020.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Very good, almost as if AG Barr reads forums like ours. Anybody with a speck of gray matter knows "special council" means blur & bury the story until people no longer pay attention.

aaapopcorn.gif

AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigation
Posted on May 13, 2019by sundance

Once again the New York Times is getting out ahead of the story to reveal Attorney General Bill Barr has instructed U.S. Attorney John Durham to review the origins of the 2016 DOJ and FBI surveillance of the Trump campaign. [Durham Background Here]

The appointment looks like a way to keep the sensitive inquiry within Barr’s control as opposed to appointing a special counsel.

John H Durham, the U.S. attorney from Connecticut, has handled previous investigations into the intelligence community.

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.​

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.​

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Let's not forget about the 100,000 sealed indictments. They have been quite busy for the last 2.5 years.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

So basically if I ever commit a crime i need to open an investigation and accuse the police of wrongdoing so they wont be able to investigate my crime until they clear themselves?

That doesn't even make sense. Only democrats would see it that way and who really gives a sheet what they think at this point. In 6 weeks the next election cycle starts. They will continue to bring the market down to destroy trump and get anyone else in there then this whole charade comes to an end and once again the American people get nothing but corruption from DC.

I think it's not a cut and dry case and they're finding as much evidence to build a case as possible...as well as tying all the players into the circle as well. This isn't just one or two bad apples...this was a concerted effort by the FBI, DOJ, CIA, the media, Congress, the Obama cabinet, and probably some powerful people as well so getting evidence against them is taking a while. You can't simply indict the first person that you gather evidence on because then all the rest of the roaches will scurry. The roaches know what's coming which is why they've been in the media attempting to keep public influence against Trump at all costs.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

The United States attorney for Connecticut, John H. Durham, in 2006. He has been assigned to examine the opening of the Russia investigation.

Bob Child/Associated Press

The United States attorney for Connecticut, John H. Durham, in 2006. He has been assigned to examine the opening of the Russia investigation.CreditCreditBob Child/Associated Press

By Adam Goldman, Charlie Savage and Michael S. Schmidt
  • May 13, 2019
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

Prosecutor's don't gather evidence...
they use it

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

What you state is the precise reason the whole Russian collusion narrative was created in the first place. It was meant as a blockade to prevent the Trump DOJ from doing precisely this investigation...i.e. covering their tracks. And it worked!! for over 2 years it worked...

But - now that the blockade has been removed...this investigation can now proceed unencumbered by the optics of it being viewed as "obstruction" of Mueller's probe.

My only concern is whether the USA in Connecticut can actually get a grand jury to indict dirty Dems. Isnt Connecticut like 95% liberals?

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

My only concern is whether the USA in Connecticut can actually get a grand jury to indict dirty Dems. Isnt Connecticut like 95% liberals?
It depends upon where you convene the grand jury. People fail to realize NY is mostly a red state with the Democratic cities controlling everything. CT is the same formula.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What you state is the precise reason the whole Russian collusion narrative was created in the first place. It was meant as a blockade to prevent the Trump DOJ from doing precisely this investigation...i.e. covering their tracks. And it worked!! for over 2 years it worked...

But - now that the blockade has been removed...this investigation can now proceed unencumbered by the optics of it being viewed as "obstruction" of Mueller's probe.

So a narrative gets 2 1/2 years of attention and 35 million wasted taxpayer dollars but the crimes that were actually committed get put on the back burner. I understand what everyone is saying but it doesn't make any sense from a criminal investigation standpoint. It's like I get arrested for smoking a joint and accuse all the law enforcement and lawmakers in the state of collusion and demand an investigation into all of them before they can prosecute or investigate me.
This feels more like it was all part of the plan all along with both teams working to get as little done as possible in 4 years.

Why does a US attorney in CT have to investigate this? 80 billion a year on spy agencies and 60 billion on DOJ and FBI but no one in DC can find any info on anyone.? Maybe they should talk to hannity, he seems to have more info on the subject than anyone in DC.

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Check this out. Its been known for awhile now. Durham has been on this case since last year!

Transcript of James Baker of 3-Oct-18 Page 37

conversation between Rep Jordan and Baker's Attorney Levin during voluntary appearance before congressional committee.

"Mr. Levin.
The Justice Department.

Mr. Jordan.
I mean, is the inspector general looking at this or
is this –

Mr. Levin.
No, it's Mr. John Durham, a prosecutor.

Mr. Jordan.
Mr. Huber.

Mr. Levin.
Durham, Durham.

Mr. Jordan.
Oh.
Say it again.

Mr. Levin.
John Durham."

SOURCEs

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/05/13/ag-barr-assigns-us-attorney-to-investigate-origins-of-russia-probe-n2546282

Baker, James congressional testimony transcript 3-Oct-18 page 37/152

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is nothing more than kabuki. a sad and pathetic circle jerk. What a waste. But this is the very definition of politics today. THIS is what they do - spank their monkeys, spend $M of taxpayer dollars for face time on MSM and "social media" . They're too stupid to be embarrassed. And too many of us are too stupid to turn it off. what a bunch of f*cking clowns. We could shitcan half the members of congress and be better off for it today. This dog and pony show is going to continue all the way to Nov 2020.
I hear ya but, we're not talking about Congress here. This is the DOJ taking action. No special councils....the DOJ, the same organization we've been screaming about for years about not doing their job and not dishing out justice. Congress is pissed because all the covert treason they've been hiding which has been sitting safe and sound under the cover of haze and smoke of Congress is now being taken away from them and given to the Justice Department and will be (hopefully) brought out into the light. This ain't Eric Holder's DOJ any more and a lot of people can be hurt very badly if the DOJ actually does it job, as it now appears to be ready to do.

If we are to bring justice to bear using the long lost rule of law the justice department needs to investigate and bring changes therefore my statement still stands!

This is a necessary first step in order to identify evidence used to issue arrest warrants

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Durham investigated FBI/Boston Police re: Whitey Bulger.

This links back in to Mueller’s FBI

Sounds like Durham has unfinished business…

Harkening back to an article from 2011/Boston Globe:

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/07/24/a_lingering_question_for_the_fbis_director/

Bigjon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Bill's giving the guy a chance, but I'm STILL betting on the fix is in Nancy.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Corruption is still running the show, Bigjon.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Check this out. Its been known for awhile now. Durham has been on this case since last year!

Transcript of James Baker of 3-Oct-18 Page 37

conversation between Rep Jordan and Baker's Attorney Levin during voluntary appearance before congressional committee.

"Mr. Levin.
The Justice Department.

Mr. Jordan.
I mean, is the inspector general looking at this or
is this –

Mr. Levin.
No, it's Mr. John Durham, a prosecutor.

Mr. Jordan.
Mr. Huber.

Mr. Levin.
Durham, Durham.

Mr. Jordan.
Oh.
Say it again.

Mr. Levin.
John Durham."

SOURCEs

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/05/13/ag-barr-assigns-us-attorney-to-investigate-origins-of-russia-probe-n2546282

Baker, James congressional testimony transcript 3-Oct-18 page 37/152
But nothing is happening??? ;)

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I hear ya but, we're not talking about Congress here. This is the DOJ taking action. No special councils....the DOJ, the same organization we've been screaming about for years about not doing their job and not dishing out justice. Congress is pissed because all the covert treason they've been hiding which has been sitting safe and sound under the cover of haze and smoke of Congress is now being taken away from them and given to the Justice Department and will be (hopefully) brought out into the light. This ain't Eric Holder's DOJ any more and a lot of people can be hurt very badly if the DOJ actually does it job, as it now appears to be ready to do.

If we are to bring justice to bear using the long lost rule of law the justice department needs to investigate and bring changes therefore my statement still stands!

This is a necessary first step in order to identify evidence used to issue arrest warrants
We've been told for a while now (cryptically) that a special counsel takes too long, which is why independent prosecutor(s) were empowered by Sessions to investigate...in complete secrecy...all the misdeeds by the cabal swamp creatures. So far nothing has proven this to be false...we'll see where it goes.