• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bayer settles Monsanto case for $10 billion

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Bigger question. I heard on the radio they are going to continue selling Roundup without even so much as a warning label.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Bigger bigger question, after losing this suit why is the Gov still allowing this shit to be sold?

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
https://www.theage.com.au/business/...o-settle-cancer-lawsuits-20200625-p555ww.html

My question is why did Bayer buy Monsanto knowing full well the possibility of litigation over Roundup was almost certain...
From my understanding of the corporate world, it is most likely that certain executives from Bayer and Monsanto that forged the merger, were rewarded quite handsomely (re: $$$). As in the corporate world, executives can do horrible things for the corporation they represent, but still be rewarded.

I've seen it in the corporations I have worked for. I would highly doubt those same executives are with Bayer anymore. They most likely got their "golden parachute" and are not around when the wreckage shows itself.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Geez, too bad they didn't settle the amounts by amount of chemical used per person. I'd of not been in the lead but I'm sure would have ranked up there. As for Bayer we had a blow up with them over another product in 2003 and haven't used their shit since.

chieftain

Silver Miner
Bigger question. I heard on the radio they are going to continue selling Roundup without even so much as a warning label.
Bigger bigger question, after losing this suit why is the Gov still allowing this shit to be sold?
Because by settling, they admit nothing and it's business as usual.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
lmao! they had this snake working it out??? from the op...

Kenneth R. Feinberg, the Washington lawyer who oversaw the mediation process, said he expected most current plaintiffs to eventually join the settlement.

"In my experience, all those cases that have not yet been settled will quickly be resolved by settlement," said Feinberg, a veteran mediator best known for running the federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund. "I will be surprised if there are any future trials.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Because by settling, they admit nothing and it's business as usual.
and, they rape our justice system by not allowing precedent to be set...so, this can and will most likely happen again and again and again...no one stops them because we have no justice system at all...

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I believe Roundup is also used in McDonald's secret sauce. I don't know what is the big deal?

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I believe Roundup is also used in McDonald's secret sauce. I don't know what is the big deal?
May be in your sauce, but it's definitely in your Cream of Wheat. Any wheat product.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've seen some of these big class action lawsuits where almost all the settlement goes into the pockets of hundreds of lawyers like this Feinberg POS, hardly anything to the actual victims.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I've seen some of these big class action lawsuits where almost all the settlement goes into the pockets of hundreds of lawyers like this Feinberg POS, hardly anything to the actual victims.
Have you seen any that don't???

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm not scared. Glyphosate is the good stuff. I don't want it on my food but for killing weeds there's nothing better. Probably took me 15 years to go through a 2-1/2 gallon jug of the full strength stuff from Monsanto. Just tapped into another jug of a different brand. In the mean time, Monsanto's patent expired so now the stuff is about a 1/4 the price.

Johnson & Johnson is going through the same deal with their talcum powder. What's next? Cotton?