• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Behavior I will never understand

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That is informative. So I can expect that a cannabis user will be eager to do countertops, if I provide snacks?
countertop-1.jpg

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
When I joined this board I didn't even imagine there was a faction of retired guys who spend it getting high.

Really changed the meaning of 'I did a lot of drugs in the 60s'.

I am not for legalization (not that it matters what I think). I base that on my own experience and the outcome of a group of my friends that continued on getting high a lot in life and how that turned out for them. Like Covid I'd imagine some people are immune to most of the bad effects while others crumble.
My experience is that while it gave that weird sense of well being it distorted reality and indeed took all the ambition out of me. I did not design bridges or hit 40 straight free throws. Quite the opposite. I believe people smoke because it makes them feel good. Most of the rest of it bs. I could half respect that reasoning. But I hear it relieves pain(what's causing the pain?), it cures every disease known to man, or it gives clarity, none of which I buy except the pain part.

I would assume those making these extravagant claims would be all for providing it to toddlers on up, right? I would assume you are for airplane pilots and surgeons to get high before performing.

The effects of pot-
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/body/effects.html

Last edited:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
...And look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth ,...
GENESIS 1:29

yeah , and some of them will kill ya

Nightshade…..eat 2 berries and die

Castor bean…..eat 8 beans and die

Oleander……..eat any part of this plant and die

Rosary Pen….eat some seeds and die

and other bad plant for humans , white snakeroot , winter hemlock , aconite , brugmansia , datura , tobacco just to name a few

don’t forget about deadly mushrooms

yep , GOD made them all and left it up to us to figure them out

some get it , some don’t

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
All right, that's it. In order to settle this debate I'm just going to have to try some.

It's not too surprising that we have some right leaning Republicans among the hardcore Libertarians. Probably quite a few left-Libertarians here as well who have done lots of "drugs".

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
When I joined this board I didn't even imagine there was a faction of retired guys who spend it getting high.

I am not for legalization (not that it matters what I think). I base that on my own experience and the outcome of a group of my friends that continued on getting high a lot in life and how that turned out for them. Like Cogid I'd imagine some people are immune to most of the bad effects while others crumble.
My experience is that while it gave that weird sense of well being it distorted reality and indeed took all the ambition out of me. I did not design bridges or hit 40 straight free throws. Quite the opposite. I believe people smoke because it makes them feel good. Most of the rest of it bs. I could half respect that reasoning. But I hear it relieves pain(what's causing the pain?), it cures every disease known to man, or it gives clarity, none of which I buy except the pain part.

I would assume those making these extravagant claims would be all for providing it to toddlers on up, right? I would assume you are for airplane pilots and surgeons to get high before performing.

The effects of pot-
Like always it's not the drug it's the person. You have potheads who can outwork anyone in the world and you have potheads who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag. It has nothing to do with the pot it has everything to do with the person this isn't rocket surgery.

Last edited:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

I am not for legalization (not that it matters what I think). I base that on my own experience and the outcome of a group of my friends that continued on getting high a lot in life and how that turned out for them. Like Cogid I'd imagine some people are immune to most of the bad effects while others crumble.

The effects of pot-
Rollie, you powerlifted right?

Though not a powerlifter at the time you must know who 7 time Mr Olympia winner Dorian Yates is right? I'm sure you must understand the incredible dedication and work ethic it takes to make it to the Olympia level right? I bet even more so you can imagine the dedication persistence discipline that it takes to become a 7 time mr. Olympia Champion right? The guy was smoking pot the whole time.
93%252520B%2526W%252520-%252520Dorian%252520Yates%2525201a.jpg

Last edited:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Many, manyvplaying at the top level of the NFL NBA ingest marijuana regularly.

Many many combat sports atheletes as we....
In case you are at all aware of their names Jon Jones, Conor McGregor, Mike Tyson, Israel Adesanya etc all smoke pot. Every one of them is literally the best in the world at the most difficult and strenuous sport that exists. It requires discipline to regulate your diet and then cut weight by dehydration sometimes over 20 lb. These are the most fit and healthy human beings that exist on the planet that perform at the absolute highest possible physical level and they smoke f****** pot. Incredible isn't it? I don't know who you've been hanging out with bro but legitimate high-level athletes high-level mathematicians high-level people of all fields in facets very happily and very regularly ingest marijuana. Doctors lawyers surgeons nurses politicians policeman Navy Seals Army Rangers. Pot smokers everywhere.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
"Good" and "bad" are subjective terms.

Weed, in my experience - with potheads, from the 1970s on through to today's Vape-Pipe Medical Marijuana age...it kills ambition and impairs thought. Everything from loony potheads calling in Shawn Vanity to tell him, in disjointed ways, how evil are Wepubwiccans for opposing pot...to Elon Musk, proving my point on Joe Rogan's video, as he babbled in a dissipated, disjointed, dazed fashion, in a choom cloud.

Legal, doesn't make anything good or bad. Only approved by the powers that be. Abortion is legal. Using ivermectin to cure a weaponized disease it cures, is illegal.

So much for law.

When taking medicine, I want FACTS. Aspirin helps pain. It does that even if it's banned. It doesn't make me spacey and it doesn't kill me.

Remdesivir, is not only legal, the government provides it for whoever wants it, in hospitals. It kills 40 percent of those who have the misfortune to have it injected in them.

I try to look at objective facts, not emotional valuations.

So, now you think Elon is non ambitious....lol

You simply can't make this shit up.

I guess you can label me non ambitous as I sold my businesses in my early forties due to realizing that I had all I could ever want. I decided that the system was getting too fucked to continue.

I will remind myself that lack of ambition is why I am where I am today.....lol

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
All right, that's it. In order to settle this debate I'm just going to have to try some.

It's not too surprising that we have some right leaning Republicans among the hardcore Libertarians. Probably quite a few left-Libertarians here as well who have done lots of "drugs".
Libertarians and Conservatives have a number of overlappings.

I don't know what a Republican is, anymore. I guess it's a Democrat trying to pretend to be opposition - like a kabuki dance act, or the reply in an opera patter-song.

I'm for personal liberty - but not anarchy, societal or personal. My rights end where others' rights begin. I don't have a RIGHT to ignore stop signs. I don't have a RIGHT to wander down the street intoxicated - or in a state of undress. I don't even have a right to attend Sunday Mass in swimming trunks, even though it's legal and acceptably decent wear.

Have at it. Try some. Retired, and with Medical Marijuana replacing fast-food as the biggest business...and with a physician recommending I try it for my arthritis pain...I went and got the card. And some tincture; and a vape pen.

It sucks. Sucks as much as I remember it as a kid. No, it does nothing for the pain. It MESSES ME UP, without the joyous glow of a bottle of whiskey.

I have no moral qualms anymore, of individuals giving it a try - what the hell, 2/3 of the nation are doing it. Two more people won't matter.

I'm talking big-picture trends.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So, now you think Elon is non ambitious....lol

You simply can't make this shit up.

I guess you can label me non ambitous as I sold my businesses in my early forties due to realizing that I had all I could ever want. I decided that the system was getting too fucked to continue.

I will remind myself that lack of ambition is why I am where I am today.....lol
He was ambitious when he was clear-headed.

When he became chronically impaired, he did things like post that series of Twitter frauds online. He rolls out stupid props like that furnace-ductwork "truck" with glass from Ace Hardware. He ain't gonna make that truck.

We've seen how his Boring Company did with that short tunnel. Online, unless the censors took it down, was an example of what happens when there IS a jam and plug in that tunnel. The video maker commented, if a Tesla caught fire, there was NO way out. No escape doors; no way of passing or reversing. Everyone on that ride would DIE.

And I saw his glassy-eyed persona on Rogan's vid.

Yeah, I stand by what I wrote. You're free to have another opinion.

I've been a heavy drinker; and I've seen how happy drunks get chummy in sports bars. They've all never seen such brilliance as they do in their new friends...who're barely able to walk across the bar.

I expect it's similar with chronically-intoxicated pot users.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
just musing:
in the case of a drunk / wasted driver, a driver who's just crashed...

wasn't the crash a violation of the law?

at what point does it become necessary to include any inebriation? is it because our laws suck in the first place and we've become distracted with minutiae rather than the actual crime itself?

Buck, that's a really excellent point that is not raised often enough. Too many laws exist that attempt to remove individual ability and judgement from the experience of life, as if lawmakers knew what was best for the infinite possibilities that exist. Of course, we know beyond any doubt that authority figures are not omnipotent. Why not limit legal punishments to situations where there are actual victims?

Last edited:

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
How would we get any drywall taped if not for stoners?
From Primus -Damn Blue-colored Tweekers
I knew a man who hung drywall
He hung it mighty quick
A trip or two to the blue room
Would help him do the trick
His foreman would pat him on the back
Whenever he would come around
'Cause these dammed blue-collar tweekers
Are beloved in this here town

Now the union boys are there
To protect us from all the corporate type
While curious George's drug patrol
Is out here hunting snipe
Now they try to tell me different
But you know I ain't no clown
'Cause those damned blue-collar tweekers
Are the backbone of this​

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It sucks. Sucks as much as I remember it as a kid. No, it does nothing for the pain. It MESSES ME UP, without the joyous glow of a bottle of whiskey.

As much as I hate to say this here, it doesn't mess you up, you're already messed up and it amplifies your fear of yourself being messed up. That scares you and you don't like it. I remember sitting with a friend many years ago who had tried cannabis for the first time, and his mind went ballistic with doubt, of himself being scared of losing his mind. It was quite a show, but all it did was amplify his fear and uncertainy. I sat with him and he was fine in a few hours. Most folks just laugh it off. Very few are so scared of themselves they can't handle it. They prefer whisky because it gives them false courage, actually just forgetfulness of their fear of themselves...

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Like always it's not the drug it's the person. You have potheads who can outwork anyone in the world and you have potheads who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag. It has nothing to do with the pot it has everything to do with the person this isn't rocket surgery.
And drugs effect people differently. Just like stimulants calm somebody with ADHD down, but amp up somebody else. I always found in my youthful days that pot helped me focus. Ive met a number of people that would probably be diagnosed with ADHD if they were kids nowadays, that were self-medicating with pot as young adults to reduce ADHD symptoms without even knowing it.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
And drugs effect people differently. Just like stimulants calm somebody with ADHD down, but amp up somebody else. I always found in my youthful days that pot helped me focus. Ive met a number of people that would probably be diagnosed with ADHD if they were kids nowadays, that were self-medicating with pot as young adults to reduce ADHD symptoms without even knowing it.
That would be me. And I only put that all together within the past couple of years. I'm pretty certain I would have killed someone if I hadn't found marijuana back then.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That would be me. And I only put that all together within the past couple of years.
You and me and a host of others. Coffee is similar. my kid has a hard case of adhd, people acted like i was crazy when i started letting him have coffee at 6 yrs old; but it helped him focus significantly.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Buck, that's a really excellent point that is not raised often enough. Too many laws exist that attempt to remove individual ability and judgement from the experience of life, as if lawmakers knew what was best for the infinite possibilities that exist. Of course, we know beyond any doubt that authority figures are not omnipotent. Why not limit legal punishments to situations where there are actual victims?
iirc, there used to be a time where any violation of a law was to be enforced with a simple Guilty or Not Guilty answer

today's brand of legalezemanship involves entertainment and lots of money, where the courtroom is full of people who are 'Not Guilty' through lies, word play, and technical appeasement, a citizen of the future could ask: Why did the even have a Human Judge? except we know the answer, a machine is not corrupt of it's own doing...it's easier to get a preferred outcome when it's coming from a human...it's really difficult to 'murder' a machine, and erasing it's memory...don't ask

i digress

idk, try this for an example: I'm caught on video stealing something, and i'm arrested (that's getting to be a rare phenomenon), so, i plead Not Guilty...i tell my story about how hungry / doing without / etc my kids are...and my poor upbringing...not really addressing the theft, but rather explaining that away, like it never happened and i get judged on my story rather than my crime...and they let me walk after I plea down to 'hanging around the corner' which creates more 'case law' and no one's watching but, that's why crime is rising...i digress

rather than:

Did You Steal? Y or N...any explanation will be considered during the Penalty Phase...and if you say No, and we've got you on video, any Penalty could be doubled...

and the Penalty Phase would be something where a jury could hear the 'explanation' for the theft and then sentence accordingly, doing this we'd be able to cut back on the needs for jurors as many would just succumb to the fact: The Are Guilty...that Y admittance to the judge directly, helped them 'git their chit together' (that happens)

there's more, this is just topical...but it would also limit the need for lawyers if all the perp is doing is going in to talk to the judge and say Yes or No...sign a few documents saying penalties are doubled if you're found guilty after admitting no guilt to the basic charge...

today, you sign documents to remove your Sixth Amendment, Right to Speedy Trial (why does this occur, every day, in nearly every case, across the country, since, like... decades ago, with the only clear winners being the Lawyers and their billable hours...i digress)

iirc, our legal system contained more of that type of ideology than it ever did with "Case Law", it had the ideals of being Honor Bound on Firm Principles that have been Incorporated into Law instead of being sorta nebulous, afloat in the air, for every single case, with each case becoming more reprehensible than the last courtesy of the lowest common denominator: Case Law

p.s. if i were drunk when i did the thieving, that would be addressed at the Penalty Phase where precise penalties could be incorporated, it would be "an accessory violation to the fact", AA could be incorporated during that penalty phase, (i'm not saying it's all wrong) but, more importantly than that, our Legal System could remain 'Intact' for decades, centuries if only that Foundation was kept Honest - it was Theft, it wasn't Alcohol...address the issue and the problem might go away on it's own, along with that addiction (that happens)

and how can anyone claim Legal Honesty when a sheep is being protected by a clown while the state is being represented by a clown, and the both are performing for the Ring Master, who themselves were once clowns?

most sheep have no hope in those situations, pay your fines and pick up the pieces...

That's Not Law...but it was accepted to be our law...

my suggestion: don't get caught

but that's my 2¢ also

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I am not for legalization (not that it matters what I think). I base that on my own experience and the outcome of a group of my friends that continued on getting high a lot in life and how that turned out for them. Like Covid I'd imagine some people are immune to most of the bad effects while others crumble.

The effects of pot-

Toddlers on up?

What about smoking ganja during pregnancy?

In some countries , if a child is colicky and the mother does NOT make some medicine out of ganja and give that medicine to the child , that mother is looked down on and considered a bad mother.

In America , if a mother makes some ganja medicine for their child , that mother risks getting arrested and the child taken away and put in a foster home.

Take some time and watch this Doctors short video on her experiences with ganja use amongst Jamaicans.

10-12 years of observations and research

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Pot makes you unproductive?

does throwing people in prison make them productive?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'll only address this because it is an honest question that needs to be made open and public. I will point out that it is a real pity some people just reject actual data because it does not fit their position. "...none of which I buy...." <-- despite actual data and links given. There It Is.

. But I hear it relieves pain(what's causing the pain?), it cures every disease known to man, or it gives clarity, none of which I buy except the pain part.
Chronic pain -- the kind that will essentially immobilize you -- can be relieved in several ways.

You could become a perfectly, socially-acceptable prescription-drug zombie by taking the legally prescribed dosages. (Constipation is a side effect of the legal, mind and body destroying barbituates. <-- Weigh that in -- be honest wtih a comparison -- when you diss weed.

Where does chronic pain come from? Oh, some drunk guy running you over with his car? Broken pelvis, back, legs, scapula, neck.? <-- BTDT

Other ways: Injury lifting; crushed vertebrae. Getting fucking OLD. Getting fucking old AFTER having been shot, stabbed, blown up, run over, poisoned and insulted. Use your imagination.

And yes, even though you will have to say it through gritted teeth, weed does relieve pain.

I had a bag (no smoke, no vapor-- Volcano) this morning. I do not detect much brain-damage or loss of conscious thinking ability, though. This is because I was seated (HAH!! She just interrupted me with her cry for help with her crossword --be back in a while.) Because I was seated earlier next to her while I did the daily three cryptograms and then helped her with her first crossword puzzle.

Just an old doper still in your mind? Have you read any of my novels? And give specifics.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I will 2nd that, my mother makes her own oil for the pain in her knees and back. She says it’s the only thing that helps other than taking a bunch of opiates.

My mother has absolutely no reason to lie about this.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I will 2nd that, my mother makes her own oil for the pain in her knees and back. She says it’s the only thing that helps other than taking a bunch of opiates.

My mother has absolutely no reason to lie about this.
She's a degenerate doper. Stop covering for her.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The Bottom line is you DON'T have to understand it, they aren't affecting you so let them do as they like.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say this here, it doesn't mess you up, you're already messed up and it amplifies your fear of yourself being messed up. That scares you and you don't like it. I remember sitting with a friend many years ago who had tried cannabis for the first time, and his mind went ballistic with doubt, of himself being scared of losing his mind. It was quite a show, but all it did was amplify his fear and uncertainy. I sat with him and he was fine in a few hours. Most folks just laugh it off. Very few are so scared of themselves they can't handle it. They prefer whisky because it gives them false courage, actually just forgetfulness of their fear of themselves...
Yeah, okay.

You don't agree with me, so my points are to be discounted, and I suck.

This is where I have to cut the discussion off...because to respond, I'd have to suggest something like, that's exactly the kind of non-logic I've always found with stoners.

But I won't do that. It's pointless and contributes nothing...frankly, nothing matters with regards this, because as I said, there is no going back.

We are not going to again remove this from the culture, until there's a crisis. A smoking-ruins-cities crisis.

And we are not going to stop this decline of our culture to, essentially, that of Africa...destructive, dirty, chaotic...until we accept basic realities.

And this thread does illustrate THAT problem.

Good day, sir. Enjoy the decline.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The Bottom line is you DON'T have to understand it, they aren't affecting you so let them do as they like.
The OP didnt ask to be convinced that pot was good. He didnt say you couldn't do it or that the govt should take your freedoms to use it away. OP merely stated that marijuana users refuse to let people disagree on the subject of marijuana use.

The bottom line is that the result is a thread full of people trying to convince OP and others how great marijuana is and getting upset at others for disagreeing... Proving his point.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the result is a thread full of people trying to convince OP and others how great marijuana is and getting upset at others for disagreeing... Proving his point.
Yup.

Anyone is free to disagree with my own view; in fact, it makes zero difference at this point. My take is, we're off the cliff; we can fight, in the bus, about how it was we wound up flying off the ledge, but that's meaningless.

At some point, with ruin all around us, we're going to want to take a deep breath, drink our last sip of water out of our battered canteens, and try to understand how we got to the place we will then be.

Mine is some food for thought, for that day...and it'll likely be the only kind of food available in that situation.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
perhaps what we're actually witnessing is the Complete Failure of our leadership

we collectively have no focused direction because our Leadership has only One Direction and that's in direct conflict with the direction we really should be going

it's morphed us into tattlers and violators...

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
it's morphed us into tattlers and violators...
Both the Soviets and the Nazis had programs, encouraging the children, the stupid, the bottom-of-the-food-chain...to do just that. Be State Informers.

We're seeing that, here, now, with the Karen Epidemic. Even if it's about face-diapers, currently...before that, it was smoking cigarettes. Before THAT, we were a more-civilized population and most of us minded our own business.

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
let me opine! this is a sticky wicket for sure. i smoked pot for almost 50 years. it was of course illegal. i started stumbling across articles about how it caused psychosis, paranoia, etc. for me i could see how it was affecting my thought process. it isnt harmless. i gave it up a couple of years ago and started drinking wine. i thought if wine was good for Jesus than it was good for me! now im a live and let liver but i run across a dilemma. if we are a society (we aint we are a culture of individuals) we have to interact and deal with each other. i dated a girl. unbeknownst to me she was strung out on meth. i had no idea what this was and how it affected people. when i found out all about it i couldnt believe anyone would subject themselves to a substance they caused so much harm to their body. 92%recisivism rate. now people are going to do what they want to do whether its illegal or not. if something is illegal the black market will be the supplier. i cant see how giving someone the right to do something like meth would be ok but theyre gonna do it anyway. do we make it legal, supply it to the druggies? what if they need to be hospitalized which most of them do? do we have a hit squad that will put these people out of our misery? how will this affect the people who arent doing shit like this? our economy? if its legal they wont rob you to get their supply. its a catch-22. damned if you do, damed if you dont.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
let me opine! this is a sticky wicket for sure. i smoked pot for almost 50 years. it was of course illegal. i started stumbling across articles about how it caused psychosis, paranoia, etc. for me i could see how it was affecting my thought process. it isnt harmless. i gave it up a couple of years ago and started drinking wine. i thought if wine was good for Jesus than it was good for me! now im a live and let liver but i run across a dilemma. if we are a society (we aint we are a culture of individuals) we have to interact and deal with each other. i dated a girl. unbeknownst to me she was strung out on meth. i had no idea what this was and how it affected people. when i found out all about it i couldnt believe anyone would subject themselves to a substance they caused so much harm to their body. 92%recisivism rate. now people are going to do what they want to do whether its illegal or not. if something is illegal the black market will be the supplier. i cant see how giving someone the right to do something like meth would be ok but theyre gonna do it anyway. do we make it legal, supply it to the druggies? what if they need to be hospitalized which most of them do? do we have a hit squad that will put these people out of our misery? how will this affect the people who arent doing shit like this? our economy? if its legal they wont rob you to get their supply. its a catch-22. damned if you do, damed if you dont.

What does making drugs illegal even do besides beef up the police state?

The junkies are gonna get their drugs, the war on drugs has been going on for generations and drugs are still rampant. Every high school and every prison, every bad neighborhood and a lot of good neighborhoods have illegal drugs.

If we can’t even keep drugs out of prison, what are we doing? Trying to stop it via government is advocating for big government.

I’m all for aspects of society being against it like the church or fraternities, as long as we have the freedom to still do it as free men.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Just like that a cop can plant drugs on you and ruin your life.

Meanwhile drugs are still rampant.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Rollie, you powerlifted right?

Though not a powerlifter at the time you must know who 7 time Mr Olympia winner Dorian Yates is right? I'm sure you must understand the incredible dedication and work ethic it takes to make it to the Olympia level right? I bet even more so you can imagine the dedication persistence discipline that it takes to become a 7 time mr. Olympia Champion right? The guy was smoking pot the whole time.
93%252520B%2526W%252520-%252520Dorian%252520Yates%2525201a.jpg

and don’t forget Americas greatest Olympic swimmer

CBD70C55-B259-4DEA-98B5-2322E9D3EA0F.jpeg

E2B9EC6B-10B7-4E4C-9392-94E47D8702D0.jpeg

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I never was under the illusion Dorian Yates and Olympic swimmers had an ironclad anti-drug life.
I was at a seminar in which bodybuilding great Tom Platz was speaking. He said that he learned how to take steroids from swimmers. He went on to say that any world class athlete that says they don't do performance enhancing drugs is a liar. Pretty bold statement. He was very open about his use.
Of course there is a cost. The sports of bodybuilding and powerlifting are riddled with premature deaths. I knew a few guys that fit that bill. One was a great guy but died at 49. Prostrate cancer, pretty typical of former steroid users.
The problem stems from the user substituting artificially induced hormones in the stead of the bodies own production. A bodybuilder has to increase his dose while his body shuts it off. The body 'detects' its own need not to do its job.
Where the real trouble comes in is when a career is over or the user decides to no longer take steroids the body is thrown into dismay. That can be when a lot of bad things happen.

I've been on lifting forums where there is complete denial of all this despite heavy proof to the contrary. They claim steroids are good for you and make you healthy and strong. Of course they cite junk science because that's what they want to believe in.
And like here, it's not polite disagreement.