• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Best educational video(s)?

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I have taught personal finance in high school for the last 12 years. This year I have decided to add in a lesson(s) on crypto/blockchain/Bitcoin. Can anyone recommend a definitive video or video series that breaks down the concept to something a 16 year old can understand?

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Pretty basic, but...

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I have taught personal finance in high school for the last 12 years. This year I have decided to add in a lesson(s) on crypto/blockchain/Bitcoin. Can anyone recommend a definitive video or video series that breaks down the concept to something a 16 year old can understand?
It's not a video, but I would read the original Bitcoin whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto. It's only 8 pages long and written for ordinary people. It's the paper that started everything. Reading it is why I got into bitcoin in the first place. It explains bitcoin's original concept including its incentives, blockchain, etc. Crypto has evolved (e.g. smart contract chains), but those 8 pages are the foundation.

Last edited:

Sampson

Digging for nuggets of knowledge
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Tom Bilyeu has some great crypto videos and really gets into the depth of ideas well. He covers a lot of business, entrepreneurial ideas, and general life theory as well.

This is a good overview video about crypto, nft's and blockchain.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think I would point out that gold and silver have intrinsic value because they do not decay and represent human energy as well as other types of energy expended in the procurement process. The cryptos also are a representation of energy expenditures. While DS mustang and I would disagree as to the true value of those expenditures, the concept remains. I still tend to feel that the zeros and ones that represent crypto have less true value and, staying power than PM's. To know the true value of crypto, I think one needs to know the energy input. In real mining you have cost per ton, pound, or ounce. What is the cost of mining crypto? Once the "ore" is processed what do you have other than a digital signature?

Just my take.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I think I would point out that gold and silver have intrinsic value because they do not decay and represent human energy as well as other types of energy expended in the procurement process. The cryptos also are a representation of energy expenditures. While DS mustang and I would disagree as to the true value of those expenditures, the concept remains. I still tend to feel that the zeros and ones that represent crypto have less true value and, staying power than PM's. To know the true value of crypto, I think one needs to know the energy input. In real mining you have cost per ton, pound, or ounce. What is the cost of mining crypto? Once the "ore" is processed what do you have other than a digital signature?

Just my take.
I don't see that it matters. The cost of mining relates to gold price indirectly... if mining costs go up so mining is no longer profitable then mining shuts down which reduces supply which will eventually raise price. But the cost of mining has no direct relation to intrinsic value of either gold or bitcoin. More cost to extract doesn't increase the value. Humans give value to an asset because it's useful or otherwise desirable to them. The intrinsic properties of gold have been found valuable to humans over a long period of time, that's where the intrinsic value is... the properties of gold, not the mining costs.

Last edited:

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
as a counterpoint,

I see a 66 mustang and laugh my ass off,
another 2 leggah will see it and drool over it and drop 20-30-40 grand on the thing,

then I laugh harder,

but the point is, there is no reliance upon cost to produce, it is simply emotion and greater fool theory

and that 66 mustang? worth about 500 bones in scrap on a good day, and typically much less

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
I will take TROY OUNCES over 1's & 0"s ANYTIME of day !:gold:
BTW What will a solar flare do to your 1's & 0's ? :don't    know2:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the video suggestions.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
A web search
"Keiser Report Bitcoin"
And you can get an early explanation when Max was plugging bitcoin @ $10...
And he can be fun...