• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Best Investment for Today?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Ice cream trucks

MIavatar

Silver Miner
I feel like I should have some bit coin....but I really dont understand it and dont know how to "hold" it.......
I've been using Coinbase ever since Binance banned US persons. Havent had my digits stolen yet(knock on wood). I've never used one of those USB wallets to "cold store" or whatever. I'd rather have the crypto on an exchange where at least you can have stop losses in place in case it crashes. I was wrong abot HODling before. Now I always have an exit plan( at least in theory).

Coinbase gives you about $100 in free crypto if you link a bank account and watch some videos. Then transfer it all to GDax/ coinbase pro to trade.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The world is changing and I need a little help from my friends, as I readily admit that I'm not the smartest investor.

What is the best investment for today's volatile world?

Stocks? They rise and fall like the tide. A somewhat educated throw of the dice in the best of times.

Bonds? Governments and corporations become over extended and the issuer fails to meet its obligations.

Fiat money? Banks fail, inflation, etc. then a wheelbarrow full might buy you a loaf a bread as it becomes worthless overnight. I look at Zimbabwe currency as a lose example.

Gold? Holds it's value, but hard to purchase items unless you buy in bulk and then how is the gold verified to be indeed real gold?

Property? Not very liquid, although you could barter crops you grow, livestock you raise, etc.
I like index funds. I'd start there and build a strong portfolio. Occasionally buy cheap silver such as sterling and 90%.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I've been using Coinbase ever since Binance banned US persons. Havent had my digits stolen yet(knock on wood). I've never used one of those USB wallets to "cold store" or whatever. I'd rather have the crypto on an exchange where at least you can have stop losses in place in case it crashes. I was wrong abot HODling before. Now I always have an exit plan( at least in theory).

Coinbase gives you about $100 in free crypto if you link a bank account and watch some videos. Then transfer it all to GDax/ coinbase pro to trade.
I started to open a Coinbase account a few weeks ago as they seem to be the big player in the game. I did not finalize because when they asked me to link my bank account they didn’t just want routing and checking numbers, they actually asked me for my password as well. I bailed at that point. I am not going to open a “burner” bank account just to dabble with crypto, and I am sure as hell not providing my primary online banking password to anyone.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I started to open a Coinbase account a few weeks ago as they seem to be the big player in the game. I did not finalize because when they asked me to link my bank account they didn’t just want routing and checking numbers, they actually asked me for my password as well. I bailed at that point. I am not going to open a “burner” bank account just to dabble with crypto, and I am sure as hell not providing my primary online banking password to anyone.
Jeez... I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten-foot Hungarian.

MIavatar

Silver Miner

I set up mine a year or so ago IIRC I had to do the photo KYC with ID. Didn't have to divulge passwords. Now, I don't know. I wouldent give them my passwords either lol.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Dudes, if they want your banking password it is a scam. I don't care who it is, only the bank should have your passwords. They will have access anytime for anything. You okay with that?

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
there are a lot of opportunities, short term, the equities markets are a dead cert, awash in trillions of fed stimulus,,,,oil is a giveaway at anything below $30 a barrel....just don't be the last guy at the party.......longer term, think real estate, when the inevitable crash fully sets in.....any of you guys that have struggled because you could never buy land, just sit tight, your ship is about to come in and it's the freakin Queen Mary

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
1594320892507.png

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

MIavatar

Silver Miner
Copper Rounds at $1 / oz ? They copied the same strikes onto the copper rounds. I like them. I picked a few hundred up. Been playing around with electroplating them various hues.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Copper Rounds at $1 / oz ? They copied the same strikes onto the copper rounds. I like them. I picked a few hundred up. Been playing around with electroplating them various hues.
$16 a pound? No thanks. You can get all the bare bright you want at most any scrap yard for under $3 a pound. If copper does go up to 4 bucks a pound, those 1 ounce rounds would still only be worth a quarter- tops.

Not trying to step on any toes or anything, just trying to keep it real.

MIavatar

Silver Miner
$16 a pound? No thanks. You can get all the bare bright you want at most any scrap yard for under $3 a pound. If copper does go up to 4 bucks a pound, those 1 ounce rounds would still only be worth a quarter- tops.

Not trying to step on any toes or anything, just trying to keep it real.
I know It's a niche thing. I been nickel plating them for fun. The gold clad ones are going for around $10 on ebay.

MIavatar

Silver Miner
Apparently in crypto; XRP was a buy earlier lol, up 20%. Got into ZRX and XTZ a few days ago and made over 7% today.

FIVN, Five9 busting into the upper 120's today.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Pics or it didn't happen! :2 thumbs up:

Bman33

Silver Surfer
My wife and I are refinancing to get our rates down on the house. That's the only thing I can think of that I can take advantage of right now. I am still dollar cost averaging gold and silver with very small purchases a few times a week. My average costs per ounce are still way lower than current spot prices so I feel comfortable doing this.

MIavatar

Silver Miner
Pics or it didn't happen! :2 thumbs up:

I made some funky copper/nickel/ silver acetate solution with disolved US nickels and some silver. When I use the silver as the anode the copper gets kinda of a rose gold like finish(the one on top). The darker one is nickel as the anode and i think I cooked it at 60 volts for a little bit.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think diversification is the best strategy...

Cash
Gold
Silver
Miners
Food
Medicine
Bullets
Bug out bag
MREs

The list could get quite extensive...and not necessarily in the order listed...

I think what is probable is a cashless system with the Bill Gates ID digital stuff...mark of the beast...

Probably not here in the US immediately - Europe will be an easier sell...

My question is how to survive outside the system - when there is only 1 system? I havent figured it out yet...