• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Better to NOT get a CCW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F-it...no point anymore...we're doomed...."and Winston loved Big Brother..."

Last edited:

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
America's freedom has been lost because of people like you.QUOTE]

GO **** YOURSELF Not Sure! I have done more to better my community and country than you could ever hope to, you worthless PIECE OF ****. This was a valid discussion until you showed up (as usual). Trolls like you come and go here at GIM, meanwhile I will still be here adding worthwhile content to this forum long after you have gone to pollute somewhere else. Being that as it may, Scorp, if you want to ban me for this post, go ahead....it was well worth it. Bx3

PS And no those little **** were not used by me.

EMP

Seeker
Seeker
I assume you are talking about Wisconsin. No license is required for open carry in WI. http://www.opencarry.org/wi.html
No, but nobody here does it since it defeats the purpose. The idea of being armed is to be able to protect yourself, while not bringing attention to yourself in the first place, which having a gun openly displayed on your hip would do. Plus, the police seem to frown on it and it invites questioning. I'd rather keep being armed a secret.

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
NS, we get it. At the first sign of disagreement with any LEO/gov official you plan on going down in a blaze of glory so your kids will know their dad stood for what he believed in. Fair enough. You've essentially stated this time and time again.

He won't do Shyt except maybe piss himself. Internet bravado is great right up until reality kicks in. Then there will be his cell mate giving him the welcoming party.......and well, you know the rest. Bx3

EMP

Seeker
Seeker
I think your brain is stuck in a loop.

voodoo1951

Silver Member
Silver Miner
He won't do Shyt except maybe piss himself. Internet bravado is great right up until reality kicks in. Then there will be his cell mate giving him the welcoming party.......and well, you know the rest. Bx3
You got that right...

Attachments

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I have a CCW, but I also am a big believer in buying weapons from individuals under the radar. That way, if they ever come and do the confiscation dance, I will still have plenty. In our state we have these things called Valley Traders available in most gas stations and seven elevens. You can buy anything from used cribs, to bush hogs, to Harley Davidson Soft Tails, to Stratocasters, to Smith and Wesson snub nose revolvers in it. It's just an inexpensive place for people to advertise the stuff they want to get rid of. Half my weapons are registered, the other half.....
Yep, 9 out of ten I have that way, sorry to say lost the one in a boating accident.

I live in Arizona where last year they declared anyone can carry concealed, no CCW required, with a few exceptions. You could always open carry & have loaded guns in the glove box, under seat, so on. It used to be that if you showed your gun to someone, to warn them, it was considered a threat, or something like that, & against the law. They now allow us to show our weapon, to warn the person that you can, & will defend yourself, & hopefully prevent having to use it.

I ask a friend of mine that carries if he had a CCW. He said "They have may name on to many lists already, I'm not getting on another one". A few years ago I ask a gun salesman at Cabellas, in Phoenix, if people always get the CCW permit. He said about 50% of Arizona people that carry have the CCW permit. He told of a decision he & his wife, who carries all the time, had to make. Her work has her drive from Phoenix into California now & then. Should she carry into California? They decided yes! I think it was the, I would rather be judged by a jury of 12, than carried by 6, argument.

I live closer to California & grocery shop there some. I do like everyone else does around here and just throw it into the cars console for the brief time I am in that state, obey the laws & lock the car.

I think these are all interesting things to consider, & that if you ask ten people their thoughts, you would get ten different answers. I try not to judge what anyone decides works for them. Don't criticize, just let it go in one ear & out the other, as it is a personal preference & none of my business.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Claimjumper,

"Illegal" carrying in a state where the is no legal way for you to carry is a legit choice and I won't begrudge that decision, as you said judge by 12 vs carried by 6.

But this thread was directly dealing with the decision to carry in states that it is legal to carry with a permit and making the conscience decision to ignore that and say screw it as some have promoted. Not that you gave this advice, but I will still contend that advising or suggesting to people to ignore the reality of the consequences of breaking the law when there is a viable legal option to "protect" you is BAD advice and irresponsible.

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Claimjumper,

"Illegal" carrying in a state where the is no legal way for you to carry is a legit choice and I won't begrudge that decision, as you said judge by 12 vs carried by 6.

But this thread was directly dealing with the decision to carry in states that it is legal to carry with a permit and making the conscience decision to ignore that and say screw it as some have promoted. Not that you gave this advice, but I will still contend that advising or suggesting to people to ignore the reality of the consequences of breaking the law when there is a viable legal option to "protect" you is BAD advice and irresponsible.
I think this is the definitive post of this thread. All else is illogical and irresponsible as has already been said. We must all choose our battles in these challenging times and this one would be a poor choice given the options. Bx3

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
no one can say what (they) will do. IF your a common sense survivor its best to pratice on realistic encounters in a controled invioroment. not every one that carries w/o the permission of a group of citizens is wrong 'or a danger' in fact it could be your life thats saved . life aint easy if I knew it all I'd buy the next $300,000,000 lotto ticket as the general said at the battal of the bulge in answer to surrender (nut's). I cant carry or I'd have a permit so I make my own law but as i've said 'self defence. not show boating cause you 've been deemed so called leagal . there are a lot of fools holding firearms "accross the board" . nothings perfect . be polite. cheers.

GO **** YOURSELF Not Sure! I have done more to better my community and country than you could ever hope to, you worthless PIECE OF ****.
I'll reiterate what I said: "America's freedom has been lost because of people like you."

Your "contributions" entail what? Killing for the Federal regime? Making excuses and apologizing for tyranny?

This was a valid discussion until you showed up (as usual).
Like I've said many times, people like you cannot handle the Truth.

The Law is the Second Amendment.

Not one of you who is advocating asking permission to exercise the Second Amendment is defending it.

"Yes, massah, thank you massah, I am so happy you have allowed me to exercise my 'rights'!"

There is no end of compromises...as the NRA has so ably demonstrated. "Don't cross this line." Government laughingly steps over it. "Well, don't cross this line." And the government thug scoots across. And on and on.

No matter what their "law" is, you will comply with it.

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No matter what their "law" is, you will comply with it.
You state that "No matter what their "law" is, you comply with it.

I take it to mean that you ignore any firearm laws aside from the second amendment?

I'm assuming you don't open carry at the DMV, any court of law, airports, or within federal buildings as
where they would put you would not include access to this website.

What you really mean is "No matter what their "law" is, we comply with it.

As worthy as your beliefs may be, your top down sanctimonous attitude nauseates me.

You state that "No matter what their "law" is, you comply with it.

I take it to mean that you ignore any firearm laws aside from the second amendment?

I'm assuming you don't open carry at the DMV, any court of law, airports, or within federal buildings as
where they would put you would not include access to this website.

What you really mean is "No matter what their "law" is, we comply with it.

As worthy as your beliefs may be, your top down sanctimonous attitude nauseates me.
Would you like some Pepto-Bismol?

Sanctimonious? I am right, and I'm sorry I piss people off by it. "There is nothing so offensive as the Truth."

Most people prattle on about "liberty" and "living as free men," but when it comes down to actually practicing freedom, they scurry away. I really shouldn't be surprised, because most such "free men" still live in cities, willingly subject themselves to TSA sexual assault, fill out every form the government sticks in their face, and so on.

Compliance with unconstitutional statutes (what some so-called "liberty-minded" people here call "law") is a choice. Do I expect people to come out and say, "yeah, I violate 'the law' whenever I want to, and I'm doing it right now"? No, of course not. But the fact that many here are actively insisting that we must comply with such "law" tells me plenty. Afraid to admit you "violate 'the law'" publicly? Great, then just keep quiet. Granted, I can't disrespect them for it, since it's obvious some of those who push "the law" so firmly are either cops or cop-lovers.

Those who ask permission to bear (and even keep) arms will turn their guns in when "the law" demands confiscation. For them, there is no "line in the sand" at which point they will start shooting when the government crosses it. Defiance and meaningful resistance is done for in America. Sending money to lawyers at the NRA, casting meaningless "votes" on "election" day, and practicing "sporting purposes" firearms use is what the majority of gun owners consider "supporting freedom." I'm apparently one out of a million who actually believes that words, and more importantly, principles, still mean what they say. And yeah, I've made my "lines in the sand," and I will start shooting if those are crossed. I ain't "going quietly" to a concentration camp (whether it's called "prison" or a "relocation center"); my forebears in Europe went through that once.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sgt York was a conscientious objector. he shot at home in turkey shoots. after a talk with his preacher he joined the military. a peaceful man did his duty exceptionally well ! it was a blessing he learned to do things the right way. now its shooting via computer mouse. no reality.. no real turkey. not out in the field.. but we have many professed experts on Carrie . as someone already said best judged by 12 then carried by 6. no one body guards me/us.. yet we cant defend ourselves w/o a piece of paper ? WTF ! common sense is not very common these days .. point in fact written on the new arms. if you need that stamped on any firearm and ya have to read it.. perhaps you shouldn't carry.

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'll reiterate what I said: "America's freedom has been lost because of people like you."

Your "contributions" entail what? Killing for the Federal regime? Making excuses and apologizing for tyranny?

Like I've said many times, people like you cannot handle the Truth.
Yea, I can see how having been a firefighter and medevac helicopter pilot allowed you to confuse me with an enemy of liberty. Since you don't know me at all however, you are not qualified to make statements about me. As usual you are talking out of your ass and it seems that many others here at GIM see you for what you really are. Based on your position, I would expect that you don't drive with a drivers liscence or pay your taxes either. What are the odds that you walk the walk? I would say just about zero. Instead, you are nothing but talk talk talk....on the internet no less, where it is nice and safe for people like you. Since I have actually lived a life of service to my community and my country and you seem to spend your days talk talk talking about going out in a blaze or a hail of whatever...........what difference have you made in the big picture again....you know, to the cause? Most people here can tell the difference. Like I said, I will be here long after you have gone, whether voluntarily or otherwise. Your 2 thousand posts in less than six months are nothing but quantity over quality. Have fun while it lasts. Bx3

Apologies to the OP for the distraction.

Last edited:

silver solution

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Remember what is happening to the guy in Canton for not telling officer he had a permit to legally carry?? Now take that times 100 when he (popo) catches you with an weapon that you can't "legally" carry. I can already hear those arguing that the Constitution allows us to carry and you don't need know stinking permit. That is all well and good, just be prepared for the consequences of not having that CCW permit because 2nd Amend or not the popo, prosecutor and judge are typically stacked against you on this one.

Opps Bx3 beat me to it by 2 minutes....
Yes it does seem they are all criminals and traitors.

voodoo1951

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hey NS...I do agree w/ some of your ideas...However, I really belive you need to take a few of these and re-think your position in the morning...MELLOW OUT DUDE! (No, they are not red or blue, but big fat white ones) Doubleplusgood...!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Yea, I can see how having been a firefighter and medevac helicopter pilot allowed you to confuse me with an enemy of liberty.
I can only go by your apology for tyranny and your insistence that the government be obeyed.

Since your paycheck comes from the government, I really can't be surprised that you support the government, despite the empty rhetoric.

Since you don't know me at all however, you are not qualified to make statements about me.
Unless your statements here have nothing to do with the "real" you, actually, yeah, I am qualified.

As usual you are talking out of your ass and it seems that many others here at GIM see you for what you really are.
As usual, many are pissed at me because I nailed the problem. You just can't handle being told the Truth, which you despise.

Since I have actually lived a life of service to my community and my country
Well, golly gee, we "lesser" folk didn't have the opportunity to do that for free. Oh, wait, not for free?

Many firefighters are way cool men & women. Others, they take the "brotherhood" with pigs way too seriously.

and you seem to spend your days talk talk talking about going out in a blaze or a hail of whatever...........what difference have you made in the big picture again....you know, to the cause?
Which "cause"? Yours? Or the principles of Liberty?

Your 2 thousand posts in less than six months are nothing but quantity over quality.
That's the best you can do? Well, I guess you could just tell me to "F" off again, LOL.

Hey NS...I do agree w/ some of your ideas...However, I really belive you need to take a few of these and re-think your position in the morning...MELLOW OUT DUDE! (No, they are not red or blue, but big fat white ones) Doubleplusgood...!!!
Take drugs and "rethink" my position?

I'm waiting to hear what exactly is "wrong" with my position. That we have the means, which those in Soviet Russia did not, to effectively resist?

voodoo1951

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Take drugs and "rethink" my position?

I'm waiting to hear what exactly is "wrong" with my position. That we have the means, which those in Soviet Russia did not, to effectively resist?
I told you I DO agree with some of your ideas but just mellow out a bit. I know the world isn't all "Unicorns & Rainbows" but don't get your panties in a wad. It doesn't suit you well...

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I can only go by your apology for tyranny and your insistence that the government be obeyed.
Can you find a quote from me where I said this? You obviously need to improve your reading and comprehension skills.

Since your paycheck comes from the government, I really can't be surprised that you support the government, despite the empty rhetoric.
Yea, I don't know why you would want someone to respond to a house fire or traffic accident or any number of horrific events. Not all gov jobs are evil, immoral or wrong. Nice unqualified, ignorant blanket statement though. Your logic shines through as usual.

Unless your statements here have nothing to do with the "real" you, actually, yeah, I am qualified.
No. You most certainly are not.

As usual, many are pissed at me because I nailed the problem. You just can't handle being told the Truth, which you despise.
Classic schizophrenia. Unfortunately, I can not help you with that. As already mentioned, Quaaludes would be a good start. In your case, I would suggest the rectal form.

Well, golly gee, we "lesser" folk didn't have the opportunity to do that for free. Oh, wait, not for free?
= you have done nothing for others or with your little crusade except to talk it up on the internet.

Many firefighters are way cool men & women.
Thank you.

Others, they take the "brotherhood" with pigs way too seriously.
I have worked with many LEOs that are worthy. I have also worked with some who aren't. Wow! What a surprise.

Which "cause"? Yours? Or the principles of Liberty?
The question was simple. Your diversion from an answer = you have done nothing for others or with your crusade except to talk it up on the internet.

That's the best you can do? Well, I guess you could just tell me to "F" off again, LOL.
I already told you to **** off. No need to say it again. "LOL" Actually I'm just getting started with you now that you have gotten my attention. I'll be trip ****ing you up until the end of time. Your positions are not all that defensible since you are just talk talk talk. No need to take you out all at once. Attrition will be better served. Too bad for you.

As to the OP. I won't participate in the continued denigration of your post anymore. Some insults needed to be addressed. Again, my apology that this unfortunate episode ever took place. Be advised though that since you posted this question on an open forum such as GIM that you are most likely already on a list or two which totally defeats the answers you would have received in the first place. Bx3

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I would rather carry legally, if given the choice.

SC
become a cop then you can shoot people with 99.9% impunity....(right or wrong) . see how it works ? that's the system. or declare yourself free . don't worry most wont you'll be a very small percentage. if your concern is court & or prison....well you are already on a prison planet run by scum who (front off as humanitarians) just a scam. cheers.

Can you find a quote from me where I said this?
If you do live in a right to carry state and still choose to carry without a CCW, you are a knuckle head.

In your case, I would suggest the rectal form.
Care to tell us about your fetish?

Actually I'm just getting started with you now that you have gotten my attention. I'll be trip ****ing you up until the end of time.
LOL. An Internet punk who now has a vendetta against me over online discussions. Wow. Someone obviously needs a life.

Be advised though that since you posted this question on an open forum such as GIM that you are most likely already on a list or two which totally defeats the answers you would have received in the first place. Bx3
Only an idiot thinks that making posts online, and actively telling the government about specific activity, are the same thing. Further, asking permission to carry guarantees a pig will know you are exercising your Second Amendment right during a speeding, etc. stop. Get a pig who hates armed citizens, and a simple tax bill (speeding ticket) could turn into an "unfortunate" confrontation.

become a cop then you can shoot people with 99.9% impunity....(right or wrong) . see how it works ? that's the system. or declare yourself free . don't worry most wont you'll be a very small percentage. if your concern is court & or prison....well you are already on a prison planet run by scum who (front off as humanitarians) just a scam. cheers.
You are not the most eloquent of folks, but you think clearly and stand for what is right. I tip my hat to you!

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I learned the hard way Not Sure thanks & take care. honu

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You sure picked a definitive post of mine. Gosh, I should have guessed you would figure me out.

Care to tell us about your fetish?
That ones easy. Since you always talk out of your ass, the meds might do the most good there.

LOL. An Internet punk who now has a vendetta against me over online discussions. Wow. Someone obviously needs a life.
Actually, I have a life. A pretty good one too! You are just a hobby for now. BTW, still waiting to hear all about your personal contributions to Liberty...........don't have anything yet? Let us know.

Only an idiot thinks that making posts online, and actively telling the government about specific activity, are the same thing. .
You really are as stupid as you portray yourself. Good luck with your on line history. Anything and everything you post, e-mail, twit.......is out there forever. If you think that elements of the gov aren't trolling for that info, you really do need to have your head examined, or at least pulled out.

Further, asking permission to carry guarantees a pig will know you are exercising your Second Amendment right during a speeding, etc. stop. Get a pig who hates armed citizens, and a simple tax bill (speeding ticket) could turn into an "unfortunate" confrontation.
Actually have had three traffic stops while carrying. DL, CCW, a brief talk on carry pieces and maybe a ticket or not and I was on my way. You see, that is the difference between what most people encounter who live in reality everyday vs. say a schitzofrenic like yourself with no real world experience but plenty of grand delusions. I would suggest that anyone taking advice from you get a second opinion, before real consequences take shape. BTW, your online sig says everything one needs to know. Bx3

I admit that I just skimmed the thread, as there seemed to be a little ideological stumping going on.

I open carry in Va. every day. no exceptions.

I've lived here for going on 4 or 5 years now and have only had the staties called on me once by a Haile selassie back to roots ,african queen manager at a local goodwill store.

The cop showed up. He found out that the lady was freaking out needlessly, had not advised me to leave the store, therefore I was complying with the law to the letter T.

No one ever seems to talk about what I perceive is the greatest advantage of open carrying. YOU'RE ADVERTISING PUBLICLY THAT YOU ARE NOT AN EASY TARGET! Basically what it boils down to is that if someone wants to harm you, then he knows ahead of time he's going to have some lead flying his way, and he/she will be that much more likely to get on down the road to an easier target.

-Mike

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Alabama, there are obvious pros and cons to both open carry and concealed carry depending on the circumstances. That is probably (and has been) a discussion worthy of it's own thread.:beer1:Bx3

Actually have had three traffic stops while carrying. DL...and maybe a ticket or not and I was on my way.
And constitutional carry is the same way. Always. Unless you're stupid.

You see, that is the difference between what most people encounter who live in reality everyday vs. say a schitzofrenic like yourself with no real world experience but plenty of grand delusions.
I shouldn't be surprised you can't spell schizophrenic.

Your "reality" is exactly the way government wants it, and you're too blind (or stupid) to realize there is something different...something right.

I would suggest that anyone taking advice from you get a second opinion, before real consequences take shape.
I make no claims that there are not potential consequences in exercising one's rights. But one can exercise them, or refrain from doing so out of fear.

BTW, your online sig says everything one needs to know.
I guess you're too illiterate to know the source of my .sig and the context in which it was written.

Yeah, it does say everything one needs to know about a world where everyone is too afraid to not obey government.

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And constitutional carry is the same way. Always. Unless you're stupid.
How does that work for you? Oh, I get it....you don't plan on telling them you have a gun since you chose not to get a CCW. But then I guess at that point you have the "pigs" where you want them right?. Is that where you go down fighting?

I shouldn't be surprised you can't spell schizophrenic..
Sorry. I spelled it correctly the first time. I was distracted the second time. I'll try not to let it happen again. I'll help you with your spell check in the future also.

Your "reality" is exactly the way government wants it, and you're too blind (or stupid) to realize there is something different...something right..
What was it that you have done for Liberty again? Outside of GIM that is.

I guess you're too illiterate to know the source of my .sig and the context in which it was written.

Yeah, it does say everything one needs to know about a world where everyone is too afraid to not obey government.
Ah! Idiocracy! Haha! Classic! Yea! That explains everything now! Wow! Deep! And the Avatar.....ok...yea...wow. I can't believe I totally missed it. Yup, you have definitely created your internet mantra based on a marginal movie. Bx3

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You know NS, instead of continuing to hijack this thread, just PM me and we can continue this conversation elsewhere. Bx3

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I have one of those little " Blue Cards ".
Why ? Logistical reasonability.
My reasoning...
Because my family depends on me for their survivability.
Do I think having to have one of those blue cards is unconstitutional,
yeah...but add that one to the list.
I deal with FRN's too and I have a tag on my car and I have a drivers license.
Am I part of the problem ? Or am I increasing the surviability of my family ?
Identifying the problems, and there are so many--not so many finites these days, a lotta variables, are one thing.
How each of us deals with them is a personal decision regarding themselves and their family
and IMHO is each persons right.
Thread closed.
Bx has a good idea if Not Sure wants to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.