• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

big corp and big gov merging - amazon enters welfare housing

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
this is part of the big move the communists are putting on us -- big corps and big gov ties are expanding

this is an overlooked aspect of the 'great reset' meme that people are parroting

big corporations are further morphing into leftist authoritarian orgs with gov backing

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/amazon-launches-$2-bln-housing-equity-fund-for-affordable-housing-units-quick-facts-2021

Amazon Launches $2 Bln Housing Equity Fund For Affordable Housing Units - Quick Facts

Amazon's Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.

The Fund underscores Amazon's commitment to affordable housing and will help ensure that moderate- to low-income families can afford housing in resource-rich communities with easy access to neighborhood services, amenities, and jobs.

Last edited:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
In a nearby town there was a Walmart. Right next door they built a new super Walmart and closed the old one down. It sat there empty for a while & during that time, online, I would see people talking about these closed Walmart stores becoming something like detention centers or modern-day gulags etc.

FF to just last night, I happened to be driving by those stores and saw that the new one is now habited and noticed the lighted sign at the head of the parking lot near the road which said, WMCC around their logo feces.

I then pondered the acronym and the first and only thing that came to mind was Walmart Correctional Center!

I then had a vivid vision of a scene resembling something out of Idiocracy where there was a Walmart run prison system and I'm sure you can envision a pretty good facsimile of what was in my head.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I know out in Vail Colorado at the ski resorts they have similar affordable housing set ups for the $12hr slaves. It’s not like Dave & Bill the guys that work at the snack bar can afford a $5000 a month apartment.

These massive Amazon distribution centers are popping up everywhere and employing thousands. I’m no defender of Amazon but it only makes business sense to have affordable housing available for them in certain hoity-toity regions of the country.

Even the richest plantation owner had to set aside some land for the slaves to build their shacks and raise their families.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^Nailed it .....^^^

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think there is a term for that, oh ya Fascism.

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I know out in Vail Colorado at the ski resorts they have similar affordable housing set ups for the $12hr slaves. It’s not like Dave & Bill the guys that work at the snack bar can afford a $5000 a month apartment.

These massive Amazon distribution centers are popping up everywhere and employing thousands. I’m no defender of Amazon but it only makes business sense to have affordable housing available for them in certain hoity-toity regions of the country.

Even the richest plantation owner had to set aside some land for the slaves to build their shacks and raise their families.

Reviving "The Company Town".

A company town is a place where practically all stores and housing are owned by the one company that is also the main employer. Company towns are often planned with a suite of amenities such as stores, houses of worship, schools, markets and recreation facilities.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
megacorps running to megaphones to condemn trump and trump voters today -- it's all over cnbc - megacorp ceo's espousing hatred for the half of americans not supporting their collectivist revolution

megacorps banning trump, megacorps banning jerome corsi

the merger of megacorp and megagov accelerating - the 'great reset' is megacorps, acting in concert with other corps and govs, expanding their powers over humanity

their chosen political bent is authoritarian globalist collectivism

Last edited:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
just a sample....there are many more

a lot of the names below SUPPORT the leftist domestic terrorists BLM and antifa - and never spoke a word about the murders, riots, looting, etc. many of them ARE FUNDING the left's terrorists

https://www.foxbusiness.com/busines...all-for-end-to-capitol-hill-protests-violence

CEOs, business groups condemn Capitol Hill protests, violence and urge peace
JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon, IBM's Arvind Krishna, and Apple's Tim Cook among executives speaking out

Blackstone CEO and longtime Trump ally Stephen Schwarzman was "shocked and horrified" at the "mob's attempt to undermine our constitution" and is calling for a peaceful transition of power.

"The insurrection that followed the President’s remarks today is appalling and an affront to the democratic values we hold dear as Americans," Schwarzman said in a statement to FOX Business. "As I said in November, the outcome of the election is very clear and there must be a peaceful transition of power.”

IBM's Arvind Krishna issued a similar call, condemning the "unprecedented lawlessness."

BlackRock chairman and CEO Larry Fink condemned the violence on the Capitol in the "strongest possible terms," calling the event "an assault on our nation, our democracy, and the will of the American people."

Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf said in a statement that the behavior in Washington, D.C. is "unacceptable and completely undermines who we are as a nation.

Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff said our leaders "must call for peace and unity now," noting there is "no room for violence in our democracy."

Sundar Pichai, the chief executive of Alphabet, Google’s parent company, called the events “shocking and scary for all of us” in an email to employees that was obtained by The New York Times.

Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat said he is "disgusted by the actions of those who have stormed the U.S. Capitol in an effort to disrupt the certification of the Electoral College.

Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins said it is "time to recognize the legitimate democratic process, ensure a peaceful transition of power, and come back together as one nation."

Ford CEO Jim Farley said the automaker "condemns the violent and antidemocratic actions today"

Paypal CEO Dan Schulman called the violence "both shocking and disturbing" adding it "violates the very foundation of our democracy."

Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan said Wednesday's "appalling" events "underscore the urgent need for all Americans to united behind one of our most cherished principles: the peaceful transition of power that has happened without interruption since our country's founding."

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon called for Americans to begin "reinvesting in our democracy and rebuilding the institutions that have made America an exceptional nation.

Visa CEO Al Kelly Jr. said in a memo to employees that the violence on Capitol Hill is "one of the lowest points in our 245-year history as a nation."

Tim Ryan, the chief executive of the accounting firm PwC, formerly known as PricewaterhouseCoopers, addressed his 50,000 staff members during a previously planned webcast as the Capitol was stormed, prompting him to tell employees what was happening.
"As many of you have seen, our Capitol building has been stormed by protestors that are resisting our democratic process and are threatening violence," Ryan told employees,

The Business Roundtable, a trade group representing 15 million U.S. employees and $7 trillion in U.S. revenues led by Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, called the protests "the result of unlawful efforts to overturn the legitimate results of a democratic election," and urged elected officials, including President Trump, to "put an end to the chaos and to facilitate the peaceful transition of power."

U.S. Chamber of Commerce CEO Thomas Donohue said the "attacks against our nation’s Capitol Building and our democracy" must end, urging Congress to gather again Wednesday evening to conclude their "Constitutional responsibility to accept the report of the Electoral College

Meanwhile, the National Association of Manufacturers President and CEO Jay Timmons, whose organization represents more than 12.1 million manufacturing workers and contributes $2.35 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, released a lengthy statement blasting President Trump for "adding fuel to the distrust that has enflamed violent anger" and called on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to "preserve democracy

Last edited:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
just a sample....there are many more

a lot of the names below SUPPORT the leftist domestic terrorists BLM and antifa - and never spoke a word about the murders, riots, looting, etc. many of them ARE FUNDING the left's terrorists

can you hear me now?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/busines...all-for-end-to-capitol-hill-protests-violence

CEOs, business groups condemn Capitol Hill protests, violence and urge peace
JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon, IBM's Arvind Krishna, and Apple's Tim Cook among executives speaking out

Blackstone CEO and longtime Trump ally Stephen Schwarzman was "shocked and horrified" at the "mob's attempt to undermine our constitution" and is calling for a peaceful transition of power.

"The insurrection that followed the President’s remarks today is appalling and an affront to the democratic values we hold dear as Americans," Schwarzman said in a statement to FOX Business. "As I said in November, the outcome of the election is very clear and there must be a peaceful transition of power.”

IBM's Arvind Krishna issued a similar call, condemning the "unprecedented lawlessness."

BlackRock chairman and CEO Larry Fink condemned the violence on the Capitol in the "strongest possible terms," calling the event "an assault on our nation, our democracy, and the will of the American people."

Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf said in a statement that the behavior in Washington, D.C. is "unacceptable and completely undermines who we are as a nation.

Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff said our leaders "must call for peace and unity now," noting there is "no room for violence in our democracy."

Sundar Pichai, the chief executive of Alphabet, Google’s parent company, called the events “shocking and scary for all of us” in an email to employees that was obtained by The New York Times.

Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat said he is "disgusted by the actions of those who have stormed the U.S. Capitol in an effort to disrupt the certification of the Electoral College.

Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins said it is "time to recognize the legitimate democratic process, ensure a peaceful transition of power, and come back together as one nation."

Ford CEO Jim Farley said the automaker "condemns the violent and antidemocratic actions today"

Paypal CEO Dan Schulman called the violence "both shocking and disturbing" adding it "violates the very foundation of our democracy."

Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan said Wednesday's "appalling" events "underscore the urgent need for all Americans to united behind one of our most cherished principles: the peaceful transition of power that has happened without interruption since our country's founding."

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon called for Americans to begin "reinvesting in our democracy and rebuilding the institutions that have made America an exceptional nation.

Visa CEO Al Kelly Jr. said in a memo to employees that the violence on Capitol Hill is "one of the lowest points in our 245-year history as a nation."

Tim Ryan, the chief executive of the accounting firm PwC, formerly known as PricewaterhouseCoopers, addressed his 50,000 staff members during a previously planned webcast as the Capitol was stormed, prompting him to tell employees what was happening.
"As many of you have seen, our Capitol building has been stormed by protestors that are resisting our democratic process and are threatening violence," Ryan told employees,

The Business Roundtable, a trade group representing 15 million U.S. employees and $7 trillion in U.S. revenues led by Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, called the protests "the result of unlawful efforts to overturn the legitimate results of a democratic election," and urged elected officials, including President Trump, to "put an end to the chaos and to facilitate the peaceful transition of power."

U.S. Chamber of Commerce CEO Thomas Donohue said the "attacks against our nation’s Capitol Building and our democracy" must end, urging Congress to gather again Wednesday evening to conclude their "Constitutional responsibility to accept the report of the Electoral College

Meanwhile, the National Association of Manufacturers President and CEO Jay Timmons, whose organization represents more than 12.1 million manufacturing workers and contributes $2.35 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, released a lengthy statement blasting President Trump for "adding fuel to the distrust that has enflamed violent anger" and called on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to "preserve democracy
It's a feeding frenzy. They smell blood in the water and are going for the jugular hoping to finish off Trump....it ain't over yet though

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and another of the communist revolution sects joins the fun......get this

checking in on espn and espn2

the black lives matter pushers have the audacity to be whining about the trump 'violence' and THE LACK OF POLICE RESPONSE. lmao!

this from multiple black sport players who have been pushing the BLM hate and preside over a huge pile of dead blacks by pushing the hoaxes

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bank of America executive talks about $1B commitment to address inequality

THERE IS NO inequality, ALL THERE IS, IS LAZY FUCKTARDS THAT WOULD RATHER SIT HOME, DRINK BEER & PROCREATE , RATHER THAN GETTING OFF THEIR DEAD ASSES & GOING TO WORK.

I am no-one special & I was able to get a job, do my best & work into better jobs, due to a strong work ethic !

1610732333977.png

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
quite the partnership

leftist gov vipers - we will do all of the communist activities we are allowed to do

megacorp - we will do the communist activities that you cant do

deal

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i don't know what joke to use...a countries military...facebook bans them...

LOL

did they...

...communications, top secret...

shoulda been taught MIC...

hillary used facebook...

just when you think it can't get any better...

did myanmar military lose their FCC broadcast license? so, now FB is gone, what's next? back to can's and string...

:dduck::dduck:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I don't know of any Constitutional guarantee to a job in Aspen or Vail.

Those jobs have draws; and the draw is not the pay. The draw is the beautiful country; the Beautiful People; the discounted ski-lift tickets; the chance to meet snow-bunnies, and maybe do what bunnies do when not working.

When things get out of kilter, when there's no housing for the baristas and waitresses and hotel desk clerks in Aspen or Vail...something gives. They, the landowners and government officials, make this problem.

I saw it long ago. Long before I wound up living in Denver, in the early 1990s, I used to traverse Colorado once a year, in the fall. Aspen or Leadville were convenient overnight stops from where I'd start, in the SF Bay area. Plenty of campsites outside Aspen (many service persons camped out, summers) and the local municipal pool locker room was open to all for free showers (you don't want a stinking waitress in your Japanese Vegan restaurant).

Looking for Washington to make things "fair" just takes communities' rights of self-government away.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

^^^Nailed it .....^^^

now that it's slapped everybody in the face for the last 6 months -- you two still want to dispute the premise of this thread?

let's hear it

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and again

a farking computer company partnering with FDIC to give millions in undeserved funding to favored demographics

We will create a $100M program that will make its initial investment in collaboration with the FDIC to target Minority Owned Depository
Institutions (MDIs), which directly enables an increase of funds into local communities (businesses, restaurants, housing, etc.). And, we will establish a $50M investment fund focused on supporting Black- and African American-owned small businesses. The fund will initially focus on investing to improve access to capital, increase skill development, and reduce the technology gaps that exist today.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and again

a farking computer company partnering with FDIC to give millions in undeserved funding to favored demographics

We will create a $100M program that will make its initial investment in collaboration with the FDIC to target Minority Owned Depository
Institutions (MDIs), which directly enables an increase of funds into local communities (businesses, restaurants, housing, etc.). And, we will establish a $50M investment fund focused on supporting Black- and African American-owned small businesses. The fund will initially focus on investing to improve access to capital, increase skill development, and reduce the technology gaps that exist today.
i don't know about you but; are these loans insured against criminal activity?

is Lloyds being used to cover the risk? or will that responsibility be on my shoulders too?

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
and again

improve access to capital, increase skill development, and reduce the technology gaps that exist today.

Translation: A $100 million slush fund."

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
these slush funds are growing in size and quantity..........

anyone else notice the amount of book deals going on today?

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
these slush funds are growing in size and quantity..........

anyone else notice the amount of book deals going on today?
I do, in my heart, believe the dollar will collapse soon. All these billionaires will soon be paupers as the wealth that now makes them rich evaporates in front of their eyes

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not old enough to remember this, but "I owe my soul to the Amazon store."

I went back reading some responses & saw this, again.
Thanks for posting that. I am old enough, AND I DO remember it, well ! :2 thumbs up: :thumbs up 2::finished::finished::finished:

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I am certainly not defending Amashutdownsmalbiz, but in terms of keeping employees and having them show up on time to work, I can see the allure of building a "company town."

Historically, such setups varied between oppressive and utopian.

The minority owned business angle is merely a regulatory scam thanks to the commie wokefulness of our "elected" reps and corporate lobbyists.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
this is not a company town -- this is amazon funding communists in/around gov orgs

Amazon's Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.

Last edited:

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
this is not a company town

I would argue that it is indeed the modern, albeit surreptitious version, because the beneficiaries WILL be the employees.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I would argue that it is indeed the modern, albeit surreptitious version, because the beneficiaries WILL be the employees.

we can agree on probably any iteration.....that it's all one big company town, no?

the company town thing is hijack. the reason i started this thread was to inform/discuss the expanding corporate power acting as/with govs

kind of trite now -- the months since thread start have crammed it down our throats

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

It's good to remember how soft some of us have it, or had it.

I have only been in such position for short times. Admonished (by circumstances) for credit-card abuse, I went on a cash-on-the-barrelhead program 23 years ago when I started railroading. And it has paid, in spades.

I punctuated my periods of 72-hours-a-week employment, with several considerable breaks between jobs. During which time I toured the Southwest, Canada, Oregon, by motorcycle. Slept in. Ate well.

And still retired well. On a pension most people, certainly most railroaders, would sneer at. Hey...I got my cushion in the safe...so, if I spend all I get, each year, it's all good.

Better than dying of a heart attack behind the throttle and control stand. Actually happened to a guy I knew...grossly overweight (the modern railroader's curse; bad food and little sleep) - he had his coronary and the EMTs couldn't get him out from behind the control stand, which is almost like a cubicle wall. They had to get a welder in with a torch to cut the external wall of the cab off, and by that time he'd expired.

No, by chance and by choices, I had it quite good, on balance. How that comes in this Biden Winter, remains to be seen.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
as amazon does welfare housing, hr block does free money to blacks

H&R Block is Providing Direct Relief via Grants for Black Business Owners Disproportionately Impacted by the Pandemic​

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
comerica bank funds 'little liberia' in latest example of corporations as agents of (the communist) coup

DETROIT, July 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Little Liberia has been crowned the winner of the 2022 Comerica Hatch Detroit Contest, taking home the $100,000 grand prize from Comerica Bank to open the brick-and-mortar business of their dreams in Detroit.

Representatives from Comerica Bank, Hatch Detroit and TechTown Detroit present Little Liberia with the Comerica Hatch Detroit Contest grand prize of $100,000 during the contest’s Hatch Off event at the Wayne State University Industry Innovation Center in Detroit on Thursday, July 21, 2022.
Representatives from Comerica Bank, Hatch Detroit and TechTown Detroit present Little Liberia with the Comerica Hatch Detroit Contest grand prize of $100,000 during the contest’s Hatch Off event at the Wayne State University Industry Innovation Center in Detroit on Thursday, July 21, 2022.
As the winner of the 10th annual Hatch Off, Little Liberia will receive $100,000 from Comerica Bank and a package of pro bono support and counsel from Hatch Detroit powered by its partners to bolster its opportunity for success. The annual contest supports brick-and-mortar business growth in Detroit, Highland Park and Hamtramck.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Little Liberia is an Afro fusion pop-up restaurant looking to find a permanent space to introduce Liberia's rich multicultural cuisines to the people of Metro Detroit. They serve authentic Liberian dishes, a cuisine whose heritage is a mixture of African, Caribbean, and Antebellum-South African American influences and would serve as the first ever Liberian restaurant in Michigan.

Owner and founder of Little Liberia, Ameneh Marhaba, decided to open a business back in 2016 when she started hosting pop-up dinners as a means to pay bills. She continued to pursue her business and love of cooking and hopes to open a storefront in Midtown, Greek Town or Corktown. Marhaba draws business inspiration from Hatch Detroit alumnus, Mamba Hamasi after his success in the Detroit small business community with Baobab Fare.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yeah, that's what i'd do...invest in a restaurant, while we're still talking lockdowns and remasking and another pandemic on the way

yeah...why not take a few thousand and start a bon fire with it...i'll bet they've never done that before

:summer:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Disproportionately Impacted
what are the exact standards being used to determine who qualifies?

i wonder if i could find a copy...

:don't know:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
yeah, that's what i'd do...invest in a restaurant, while we're still talking lockdowns and remasking and another pandemic on the way

yeah...why not take a few thousand and start a bon fire with it...i'll bet they've never done that before

:summer:
Hey...the DemocRats and Globalists, never, EVER pass a chance to use and plunder those people who they deem as "subhuman" or their lessers.

For example, Bwak Lies Mattah, is never told by its shadow-moneymen, to start worrying about black lives in Chicago. No, the oligarchs like THAT just fine, thankyouverymuch...

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
comerica bank funds 'little liberia' in latest example of corporations as agents of (the communist) coup
Either we stand up against those people and destroy them or we accept our fates as communists

To me, its really that simple

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I owe my soul to the company store...